Page 501 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011501 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

^ *Rolls Eyes*

So, anyway, I'm hoping for a Dark/Electric or Dark/Light (If it happens.) Star Pokemon. i remebered I made a Star Bird Fakemon called Staright when I was a child. Since then I have a fond memory of Electric/Dark types, if they exist!

EDIT: That was only 7 Years ago! hahaha!

By the way..has Mr X and Y been disconfirmed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    No but I'm pretty ready to to disregard it

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    We won't know till the end of March, and if we don't get revealed Heracross and Pinsir prevos by then, then it's fake. I hope it's fake: Why does Pinsir get an evo, but not Heracross? And some of the names are Horrific. And isn't he risking his job if he did this?

After 9 days it will not be MrXY but MrByeBye

Because just...

NOO SOUND TYPE
    JUST PLEAS AFTER 5 YEARS IT WILL RUIN EVRYYYYTHIIINGG

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by GDK View Post
    IT's stupid to consider light can shater rock steel and blocks of ice.
    Light is essentially radiation. Ultraviolet light causes objects to fade in color. Sunlight also breaks down plastics causing them to become brittle. Look up "photodegradation".
    And of course there are sunburns that are a result from UV rays, as well.
    I'm not defending a 'light' type, but just be aware that light does more than "make things bright".

Golett/Golurk seems like a weird pokemon to include in a new region, but I guess its popular.
    Last edited by Porygandrew; 6th March 2013 at 5:18 PM.

Sound is a part of normal...
    And is Psychic not 'light' in japan or something like that?

So no light or sound types please
    A new and original type? Yes if its good! I want to be surprised but please no 'love' type!
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

i hope there will be a lot of new pokemon and (pre)evolutions of old ones.
    annoying that we only have ONE trailer to get information from...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    We won't know till the end of March, and if we don't get revealed Heracross and Pinsir prevos by then, then it's fake. I hope it's fake: Why does Pinsir get an evo, but not Heracross? And some of the names are Horrific. And isn't he risking his job if he did this?
    I would say we will find out in the 15th

I'm open for the 'fairy' type

Jigglypuff, clefairy, togepi, sylveon and the other pink normals can become fairy if it is good
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    Light is essentially radiation. Ultraviolet light causes objects to fade in color. Sunlight also breaks down plastics causing them to become brittle. Look up "photodegradation".
    And of course there are sunburns that are a result from UV rays, as well.
    I'm not defending a 'light' type, but just be aware that light does more than "make things bright".
    LOL...not laughing at your idea or you per se, but just thinking about that differently is kind of funny. Imagine a "Radiation" type and a Chernobyl setting! I imagine it would work similar to poison, really, but be immune to poison as well..I mean, if you're already irradiated, then your cells are already damaged to the point where additional poisoning is virtually nonexistant. Heh...evolution to Miltank from normal to a normal/radiation mutant cow.

On a slightly more serious note, speaking of a "Fairy" type...that's something decent to think about for a bit. I wouldn't call it a "Fairy" type, but what about a "Magic" type? I mean, that seems the easiest way to classify some things without stepping on the toes of other areas. All Fairies are assumed to be "Magic" and I could see it for those Pokemon. Even the old ??? move, Curse, seems like it could be a form of Magic and finally be called that as a type. As to what it would be weak against...uh....*shrugs*

Let's see...Magic:
    SE against Fighting, Steel (science vs sorcery angle), Dragon (Magic vs Dragons)
    Weak against Psychic, Poison, Dark
    Resisted by 3 basic elements (Water, Fire, Grass)
    Last edited by Bus; 6th March 2013 at 5:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Sound is a part of normal...
    And is Psychic not 'light' in japan or something like that?

So no light or sound types please
    A new and original type? Yes if its good! I want to be surprised but please no 'love' type!
    Love is part of normal too (only attract applies actually)

Psychic in japanese is esper, user of ESP and ESP means extra sensorial powers so no light there.

Light is pretty impossible, for many reasons. I would love some new Types, though.

I want a Pokémon with a Flower on it's tail. We have none yet, right? It feels to obvious, and we need one!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    LOL...not laughing at your idea or you per se, but just thinking about that differently is kind of funny. Imagine a "Radiation" type and a Chernobyl setting! I imagine it would work similar to poison, really, but be immune to poison as well..I mean, if you're already irradiated, then your cells are already damaged to the point where additional poisoning is virtually nonexistant. Heh...evolution to Miltank from normal to a normal/radiation mutant cow.
    Yeah, the idea of light/poison crossed my mind as well, but photodegradation is used to break down toxins in water to purify it as well!

I'm sure this has been said in the +300 pages of this post, but I'm sure some of the pokemon are there just to show off the 3D models, that way revealing new pokemon is saved for later.

I seriously can't believe that those Light and Sound types are still being discussed. Everytime you think that discussion died down and people became sane someone throws it back in there and people have more useless speculations. Now we got even weirder types like Fairy or Love types, get real people. Can't wait for this to die down too.

Why can't we just speculate about potential new pokemon with existing types? Like idk a Komodo Dragon pokemon that's Dragon typed or a Sabre tooth tigre Fossil pokemon? Makes more sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I seriously can't believe that those Light and Sound types are still being discussed. Everytime you think that discussion died down and people became sane someone throws it back in there and people have more useless speculations.

Why can't we just speculate about potential new pokemon with existing types? Like idk a Komodo Dragon pokemon that's Dragon typed or a Sabre tooth tigre Fossil pokemon? Makes more sense to me...
    I actually once suggested a Komodo Dragon Pokemon here before, that would be sweet.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Me too. It needs to happen. Wouldn't a Dragon/Poison be pretty epic?

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    About this 'Sound is Crap' sh*t from Yvetal96:

It's a viable type, it CAN exist if GF wants it too, and Vibration would be a weird name. There's lots of things GF could do with Sound, so stop being so stuborn!
    But we're not arguing the creative omnipotence of GameFreak. We know they can do whatever they please. But the arguments coming from Pro-Light/Sound supports have got to be some of the laziest and worst theories I've ever seen. To say that they can make whatever type is easy for any of us to say. The hard part is arguing that they actually make sense for the game, which no Pro-Light/Sound advocate as of yet has been able to argue.

The reason why we're against Sound is because in the 17 types that we have. What is sound inherently super-effective/weak against? Because all Pokemon have access to sound...it's not even tangible enough to be deemed as a type.

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    1) Like I said before, I know fighting is the hero type, well projected hero type. I have argued it to many people. But really if you were to ask any kid that isn't from japan and most from this forum, is fighting the hero type none of them would know what you are talking about. I am not denying that fighting is hero dark is dirty but no fan would know that fighting are the good pokemon and dark are the villian pokemon so to speak. If you were to bring in light automatically you would think it was the type to counter dark and would only have good pokemon.

2) Haha you are totally right about the poison part, I cannot believe I said that. The ground/rock thing has a lot of contributing factors which could easily be debatable. A

I don't think we should bring in another type to make more weakness's. I thought you were trying to imply if there were types added that it would have to help Ice and Poison pokemon. Poison and Ice type pokemon aren't really that bad actually. Sure they have some weakness to common types, but someone had to get that. It's just unfortunate that it was Poison and Ice. They hold there own just like every other Pokemon.

3) If you think light and dark as a lack of sense then that's ridiculous. It's like anything, when there is a darkness type or thing there is a light type or thing. It's just carried over to Pokemon.

4) because they were trying to fix up the psychic type. Adding steel and dark obviously fixed it up.. They could of used light, heck they could of used anything.
    1) You don't even need the translation though. A lot of moves portray Dark's dirtiness: Dark Pulse having a flinch rate, Sucker Punch having priority if Opponent used offensive moves, Payback doubling the damage if Opponent used item etc.

Also, a lot of speculation of new typings come from the fact that they falsely perceive GameFreak's "hyping" of Sylveon to be a new type. They forget that Eevee has multiple potential evolution methods, and that doesn't necessarily mean a new type. I don't see this crazy hype at all...All I see is GameFreak asking us what type do we think it'll be. And that fits in with Eevee's theme of multiple potentials.

2) Bringing in new types will inevitably lead to more weaknesses and strengths though. It's not something we can avoid. Which means it will mess up the balance that we currently have right now (considering that there is no broken type(s) at the moment). I remember first generation fighting being so underused to the point where no one cared. Now in Gen V, Fighting is amongst some of the best typings a Pokemon can ever have. My point was they could easily do the same for Poison-Ice where they can buff them via new moves/abilities rather than add new types. New types should ONLY be there if there are no other solutions (and judging by Fighting's great improvements since Gen I...I'd say that it's possible).

3) I didn't say it didn't make sense. I get the dichotomy that exists, I'm saying Light type as a whole is redundant thematically since other types follow the Light type supposed motif, and the type adds nothing new to the game.

4) Exactly. I would rather they save new types for when something is overpowered and ridiculous. Not just based on fanbase wants. After all game balance is at stake here.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 6th March 2013 at 6:05 PM.

i like the poison/dragon komodo dragon pokemon as long as its stay grounded. No flying dragon.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    But we're not arguing the creative omnipotence of GameFreak. We know they can do whatever they please. But the arguments coming from Pro-Light/Sound supports have got to be some of the laziest and worst theories I've ever seen. To say that they can make whatever type is easy for any of us to say. The hard part is arguing that they actually make sense for the game, which no Pro-Light/Sound advocate as of yet has been able to argue.

The reason why we're against Sound is because in the 17 types that we have. What is sound inherently super-effective/weak against? Because all Pokemon have access to sound...it's not even tangible enough to be deemed as a type.
    We've also reached a pretty good balance between all the existing types at the moment. Suddenly introducing new types (Light/Sound) would again screw up the balance and GF would have to start balancing things out all over again. That would take forever.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    i like the poison/dragon komodo dragon pokemon as long as its stay grounded. No flying dragon.
    Nah, no flying one. I'm thinking a kinda realistic looking (as realistic as Pkmn get), standing on two legs, but with the ability to move on all four (like Typhlosion). I want it to be Gray and Purple, with poisonous bubbles sometimes popping out of it's mouth.

Draxic, the Venom Dragon Pokémon~

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    We've also reached a pretty good balance between all the existing types at the moment. Suddenly introducing new types (Light/Sound) would again screw up the balance and GF would have to start balancing things out all over again. That would take forever.
    Types aren't balanced, stop saying that.
    Ice is getting destoyed by anything alive.
    Steel has way too many resistances.
    Normal is neutral against everything, that would be logical if ghost wasn't immune to it.
    Dark was supposedly made to counteract psychic, when it has as many weakness as psychic had before (well technically it was 0 because GF made types but forget to make attacks of that type).

We talked about how poison types were not viable for OU, the same goes for ice types.

More than a new tpe i would want a rebalance of types because some types are really grtting destroyed for no reason (lol let's make steel immune to poison, because poison is not weak enough as is, oh and let's remove its effectiveness against bug because that makes too much sense).

Quote Originally Posted by GDK View Post
    Types aren't balanced, stop saying that.
    Ice is getting destoyed by anything alive.
    Steel has way too many resistances.
    Normal is neutral against everything, that would be logical if ghost wasn't immune to it.
    Dark was supposedly made to counteract psychic, when it has as many weakness as psychic had before (well technically it was 0 because GF made types but forget to make attacks of that type).

We talked about how poison types were not viable for OU, the same goes for ice types.

More than a new tpe i would want a rebalance of types because some types are really grtting destroyed for no reason (lol let's make steel immune to poison, because poison is not weak enough as is, oh and let's remove its effectiveness against bug because that makes too much sense).
    You do realize that there will almost always be a "best and worst" scenario correct?

And lol at Ice not being viable for OU, Mamoswine says hi!

You can't really call something that has a best and a worst "balanced" though, is what he meant.

It should also be noted that typings isn't the only thing that balances Pokemon, you have to consider stats, moves and abilities too like the infamous Minimize which is insanely annoying as you get +2 in Evassiness.

Page 501 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011501 ... LastLast