Page 535 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4354855255315325335345355365375385395455856351535 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

i'm really hoping we get three or even two new pokemon so we have something more to talk about

^ since we have nothing to talk about, how's your day?

I'm willing to bet we get even less than some people think and instead we'll get Trainer, region and stuff next month, with a preview promising a huge reveal.

Not sure what, then, to expect this month but probably not more than a page or two that's actually about XY and if it's Slyveon focused it will probably focus more on the short.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'm willing to bet we get even less than some people think and instead we'll get Trainer, region and stuff next month, with a preview promising a huge reveal.

Not sure what, then, to expect this month but probably not more than a page or two that's actually about XY and if it's Slyveon focused it will probably focus more on the short.
    well it isn't like i'm expecting anything huge
    just two or three pokes is all i am praying for

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Is on their FB account: https://www.facebook.com/CPokemon

Also the website their talking about his TPIC main site...how do they know this?
    They're probably just speculating. The official site won't update until the 15th if there's any new information from this CoroCoro.

Agreed. I've already went through this for the last 2 generations. Actually, for 3 generations, but I'm not sure if CoroCoro provided information about Generation III Pokemon.
    Last edited by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη; 11th March 2013 at 2:46 AM.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i'm really hoping we get three or even two new pokemon so we have something more to talk about
    Quote Originally Posted by kesha140 View Post
    C'mon guyeeez, you can speculate more, there are a ton of stuff to wish about.

I always dislike the "promises for big reveal next month" thing, I can't even trust those words so much nowadays since I end up being disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by kesha140 View Post
    LOL

But he is kind of right... I LOOOOVE rumors and all the speculation, but we have been talking about starter evolutions and Sylveon's type for like 2 months. D:
    White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I just hope we get a happy medium of Pokemon between the amount of Pokemon given to us in Gen 2 and Gen 4. Though, that does seem roughly accurate based on the trends.
    You mean between Gens 2 and 4 and Gens 1, 3, and 5? Because there's no "happy medium" there, there's literally only 7 more Pokemon in Gen 4 than Gen 2.

If that is what you mean, I agree. I'm sick of every generation falling into this stupid trend of "lots of new Pokemon, little to no new evolutions in odd gens, fewer new Pokemon, tons of new evolutions in even gens", it really gets annoying. For instance, let's say a new Pokemon gets revealed in 6th gen that just really sucks and needs a new evolution. Under this pattern, it won't get one until 8th gen. Likewise, let's say we find that there's a lack of balance 7th gen and we need more Pokemon of a particular type. With the limited amount of new families offered in even gens, 8th gen won't be able to fix this. I think they should just add whatever's necessary when it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You mean between Gens 2 and 4 and Gens 1, 3, and 5? Because there's no "happy medium" there, there's literally only 7 more Pokemon in Gen 4 than Gen 2.

If that is what you mean, I agree. I'm sick of every generation falling into this stupid trend of "lots of new Pokemon, little to no new evolutions in odd gens, fewer new Pokemon, tons of new evolutions in even gens", it really gets annoying. For instance, let's say a new Pokemon gets revealed in 6th gen that just really sucks and needs a new evolution. Under this pattern, it won't get one until 8th gen. Likewise, let's say we find that there's a lack of balance 7th gen and we need more Pokemon of a particular type. With the limited amount of new families offered in even gens, 8th gen won't be able to fix this. I think they should just add whatever's necessary when it's necessary.
    That is what I mean, in all honesty Gen 2 and 4 are the smaller sized gens, and don't really do anything but fix up the problems the previous gens have, well for the most part anyways. Two did do a good job in nerfing Psychic, which was absolutely broken in gen 1, but it also started to give fighting-types new power, Gen 3 was alright, nothing that was really too good or bad was added in, in all honesty. Gen 4 decided to do the Physical/Special split, while that was a really good thing, it also really screwed some Pokemon over, as most of their previous moves that were special are now physical or vice versa, and it introduced Stealth Rocks. Gen 5 decided to make Fighting-types broken as they ever could be, meaning this Gen will hopefully find some ways to nerf then, and the cycle continues on and on over again.

That's why Even and Odd gens need to be balanced out, and like you said, whenever something is necessarily it should be added in.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    C'mon guyeeez, you can speculate more, there are a ton of stuff to wish about.

I always dislike the "promises for big reveal next month" thing, I can't even trust those words so much nowadays since I end up being disappointed.
    ik there's tons to come up with but this is kind of a dry spell of info

ok ok you got me
    the only thing i really like that mr. xy had to say was a heracross and pinsir baby
    but i think he's full of crap

I'm really hoping that the amount of pokemon is at least in the high ninety's. I would love to see pokemon 666 be a demon. Just think of how the catholic church would feel! I think it would be hilarious. However, i think there could be an angel to be it's opposite. Perhaps the demon could be Dark/ Ghost and the Angel could be Ghost/ Flying or Psychic/ Flying. I feel as if the christian religion is becoming more a part of pop culture. Lady GaGa has used it many times in the past, and maybe pokem on can start to use it as well.

I just hope we don't see more "special event" pokemon that can only be acquired in certain countries or stores. Everyone is paying the same for the game and some should not be disadvantaged due to their location/region.
    Soul Silver Team:

Diamond Team: (General storage game)

White Team:

White 2 Team:

Heart Gold Team: Not decided, will be a shiny hunting team.

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon Bob View Post
    I just hope we don't see more "special event" pokemon that can only be acquired in certain countries or stores. Everyone is paying the same for the game and some should not be disadvantaged due to their location/region.
    ugh agreed
    i'm tired of japan getting all the events

That's pretty much an inevitability, sadly. They typically do this to promote pre-orders for certain games, as well as other products such as movies.

What I'm more worried about is that since 3rd gen, each generation has had more event Pokemon than the last (1st and 2nd gen had 1 each, 3rd had 2, 4th had 3, and 5th had 4), and that's getting extremely annoying. I really hope they don't continue that pattern either, 5+ event Pokemon in 6th gen would be way too much.

ugh agreed
    i'm tired of japan getting all the events
    Not all of Japan's events are worth getting, TBH, but I was extremely disappointed the way TPCi handled international events this gen, because we missed so many that we had no reason to miss (the Shiny Golurk/Hydreigon event for the 14th movie, the Shiny Rayquaza to tie in with Pokemon Conquest, the U.S. never got a DW Pikachu, I think there's a few others). Hopefully, that won't be as problematic from now on because of the worldwide release.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 11th March 2013 at 3:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's pretty much an inevitability, sadly. They typically do this to promote pre-orders for certain games, as well as other products such as movies.

What I'm more worried about is that since 3rd gen, each generation has had more event Pokemon than the last, and that's getting extremely annoying. I really hope they don't continue that pattern either, 5+ event Pokemon in 6th gen would be way too much.
    I agree with having the occasional pokemon with no significance besides the whole "wow" factor. But releasing pokemon that are REALLY powerful as well as cool as hell and even in some cases have an extra story for the game is just beyond stupid.
    Soul Silver Team:

Diamond Team: (General storage game)

White Team:

White 2 Team:

Heart Gold Team: Not decided, will be a shiny hunting team.

Shinies:

I actually disagree. I like how some "event exclusives" are region exclusives. It kind of add some rarity to pokemon with special qualities.
    Wish Chansey is one example. Though what I can agree with is having MORE events happening at a single time. Wether these events are diferrent or not, is not my concern. Though like previously stated, I don't mind if they are different.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I actually disagree. I like how some "event exclusives" are region exclusives. It kind of add some rarity to pokemon with special qualities.
    Wish Chansey is one example. Though what I can agree with is having MORE events happening at a single time. Wether these events are diferrent or not, is not my concern. Though like previously stated, I don't mind if they are different.
    that isn't what he was talking about

I actually think Gen IV and V were great for event exclusive legendaries with wifi capabilities etc. Sure we don't get some of the other random shiny events etc. but it's definitely improved since the days of Gen III

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

that isn't what he was talking about
    Um I believe that IS what he's talking about. He's talking about regon/location exclusive event pokemon. For example how currently Taiwan is having a "special event" of Dragonite, Garchomp, etc. That is not available else where. He is noting that we should all have access to the same events, but I beg to differ. Maybe its YOU who isn't aware of what he is talking about.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 11th March 2013 at 4:29 AM.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Um I believe that IS what he's talking about. He's talking about regon/location exclusive event pokemon. For example how currently Taiwan is having a "special event" of Dragonite, Garchomp, etc. That is not available else where. He is noting that we should all have access to the same events, but I beg to differ. Maybe its YOU who isn't aware of what he is talking about.
    oh when you said that i thought you meant version exclusive
    sorry

I just want a lot of Pokemon, I don't really care about the generation patterns. I just love getting new Pokemon so the more the merrier to me. And I liked how the Dex used to be a generally rounded number like 150 (or 151) so I'm really hoping we hit 800 with this gen. Doubt it will happen but would be nice to me.

^ It might. That would mean 151 Pokemon. I just really want CoroCoro to leak soon. Hopefully within the next 12-24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    ^ It might. That would mean 151 Pokemon. I just really want CoroCoro to leak soon. Hopefully within the next 12-24 hours.
    Oooh! I can't wait, these forums are going to get flooded. If not tonight, it WILL most likely leak throughout the day tomorrow.

oh when you said that i thought you meant version exclusive
    sorry
    NP....for a second there, I thought I actually did misread what he said.

I wouldn't mind at least 120 Pokemon at the most.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I wouldn't mind at least 120 Pokemon at the most.
    You contradicted yourself.

I'm thinking about 100-130 would be reasonable for this gen, preferably towards the higher end of that range.

Page 535 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4354855255315325335345355365375385395455856351535 ... LastLast