Page 583 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4835335735795805815825835845855865875936336831583 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post
    Yeah, you can't really trust 4chan with being true, so

Idk about the other one though

I guess we just wait and see

In the mean time, what do you guys think about baby Pokemon?
    i like baby pokes
    i want a common one for tauros and miltank and one for heracross and pinsir and scyther
    also i want one for volbeat and illumise

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Fennel is the Japanese name, if it's real. The original post says "Fokko → Fennel" (フォッコ→フェンネル)

Not that I think it's real.
    Oh. Well I suppose there's still a slight chance that the rumor is real. Still, I don't like the sound of a bipedal ghost-fox hybrid. Like, talk about strange. Let me just perch for now.

I'm hoping we don't get a overload of baby Pokemon, but yeah, I would like to see some

Maybe one of Tropius or Lapras
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Why do people think this matters?

This is the same principle argument, something is too OP to be a starter, and yet they don't realize that can be easily remedied. One by fixing movesets, and Pokemon types, don't make the beginning routes have normal type Pokemon, make it ghost, dark, and other types.

And they also fail to realize that HEY Playerking said evolution of Fennekin, that means Level 16, if you don't have a Pokemon that can hurt a ghost type by level 16, then that's the player's fault, not the starters or gamefreak's fault. Seriously there is 15 types that can affect a ghost type, with only 2 being completely immune to ghosts.

Likewise with Dragon being a starter type, most likely FINAL evolution, at level 36, you're almost done with the badge quest by then, again if you don't have a move that can affect the Pokemon by then, it's the opposing player's fault not the Pokemon types.

Seriously I think these arguments are BS, because when it actually would be a problem, there are ways around it by then so the problem is already remedied.

Even a basic ghost Pokemon starter, well have the other two learn a non normal type to begin with, like I don't know bug/poison/or something else, maybe even ghost just to spite the trainer who chose the ghost Pokemon. I get why they start off with Normal, but still there's many other types that Pokemon can start with. Sure Normal is basic, and I can see why non evolved starter Pokemon might not be ghost Pokemon, but we're talking about evolutions, LATER in the game, where if you still have a problem, it's "YOUR" the player's fault.
    You have to remember, though, there are newbies who are just learning the game, so to throw a curveball like that without fair warning would be unfair. Sure, experienced players would know plenty of ways to deal with Ghosts early in the game, but unless someone directly informs the player of Ghost's immunity to Normal and Fighting, newbies are going to try it and wonder why the hell they can't Tackle it to death. Making the second stage part Ghost would be too cheap with that in mind, you're going to be seeing it as early as the second gym and you'd need to know how to deal with it by then.

As for Dragons, it gives the starter an unfair advantage over the other since Dragon resists all the starter types. So let's say they decided to make Serperior Grass/Dragon, that means that Emboar would do normal damage against it instead of being supereffective, and Samurott would do 1/4 damage. You'd be messing with the balance too much with something like this.

EDIT: Baby Pokemon, huh? I can see two that would be useful. The first would be a shared Tauros/Miltank baby, that would certainly benefit Tauros since he could get Egg moves and his Hidden Ability. The second would be a Druddigon baby, which would give us a nice, reasonably early (like, about mid game) Dragon type to play around with.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 13th March 2013 at 3:56 AM.

If Fennekin was ghost/fire that would be so freaking awesome

But I'll save that for a starter discussion
    Pokemon Y Current Team

I'm hoping we don't get a overload of baby Pokemon, but yeah, I would like to see some

Maybe one of Tropius or Lapras
    As interesting as it would be to have cute baby Pokemon, and perhaps some Pokemon could use them, because like hell they are getting an evolution because they are "too" strong, but I'm perfectly fine not having any.

Evolutions > Pre-evolutions, it's not like those that would get pre-evolutions would be hard to get in the games, well except maybe Lapras, but just Lapras.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You have to remember, though, there are newbies who are just learning the game, so to throw a curveball like that without fair warning would be unfair. Sure, experienced players would know plenty of ways to deal with Ghosts early in the game, but unless someone directly informs the player of Ghost's immunity to Normal and Fighting, newbies are going to try it and wonder why the hell they can't Tackle it to death. Making the second stage part Ghost would be too cheap with that in mind, you're going to be seeing it as early as the second gym and you'd need to know how to deal with it by then.
    Isn't that the point of in-game explanation or explanation in general. Like HEY, this Pokemon is part ghost, it cannot be affected by normal or fighting types.

I mean even still I can't see how it would be a problem, unless Normal and fighting is so focused on, I don't really see the problem. Since Ghost type isn't the only thing that has an immunity.

Flying is a very common early type and yet it's completely protected from ground types.

Is a flying starter too OP because of ground.

Sure Normal is more common, but again, easily remedied. Especially when most starter Pokemon learn a move of their type BEFORE LVL 16, I think most Pokemon have a non normal attack by then.

As for Dragons, it gives the starter an unfair advantage over the other since Dragon resists all the starter types. So let's say they decided to make Serperior Grass/Dragon, that means that Emboar would do normal damage against it instead of being supereffective, and Samurott would do 1/4 damage. You'd be messing with the balance too much with something like this.
    Then make all three starters be part dragon, so they can be super effective against each other.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 13th March 2013 at 4:00 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    mightyena looks exactly like a hyena
    just sugimori'd
    Not really...poochyena looks like a hyena but mightyena looks moreso like a wolf...sure it has the short powerful jaws and the shaggy overcoat that hangs down from its back, it's body structure is very much canine: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ti_cropped.jpg Hyenas are not canines...as you can see it has a frame that slopes downwards towards the back because its front legs are significantly longer than its back legs...it's neck is also very long, thick and muscular that usually held out straight rather than upright like a canine's...the ears are also much smaller...the tail is also rarely ever held above the back and never very bushy....looking at mightyena:http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f1/262Mightyena.png it has large ears, a head held in an erect posture, a vertebral line more or less parallel to the ground...although it definitely has hyena features, it's body frame suggests a wolf: http://iaabc.org/images/iaabc/division/dog/Wolfgang.png
    Last edited by XXD17; 13th March 2013 at 4:09 AM.
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Not really...poochyena looks like a hyena but mightyena looks moreso like a wolf...sure it has the short powerful jaws and the shaggy overcoat that hangs down from its back, it's body structure is very much canine: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ti_cropped.jpg Hyenas are not canines...as you can see it has a frame that slopes downwards towards the back because its front legs are significantly longer than its back legs...it's neck is also very long, thick and muscular that usually held out straight rather than upright like a canine's...the ears are also much smaller...the tail is also rarely ever held above the back and never very bushy....looking at mightyena: it has large ears, a head held in an erect posture, a vertebral line more or less parallel to the ground...although it definitely has hyena features, it's body frame suggests a wolf: http://iaabc.org/images/iaabc/division/dog/Wolfgang.png
    still looks a LOT like a hyena
    more like a hyena than a wolf IMO

Ask me stupid stuff

I'd be so okay with a ghost/fire fox... anthro is awesome and fire/ghost is just as good as fire/psychic, to me anyway. Both give off that mysterious power-of-mind sort of vibe, if that makes sense at all.

But, I'm just gonna be skeptical, I don't trust it at all. XD
    [img]http://oi43.*******.com/142adzr.jpg[/img]

come get a clock at equal to heaven's clock shop!
    [img]http://oi42.*******.com/2j28503.jpg[/img]

If Fennekin was ghost/fire that would be so freaking awesome

But I'll save that for a starter discussion
    Chya! In fact I think I like the sound of that better then Fire/Psychic.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Hey, there are some people saying that corocoro was all released, and we only got info from the movie, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Hey, there are some people saying that corocoro was all released, and we only got info from the movie, is that true?
    Corocoro isn't released until the 15th.

no
    nothing has been posted yet period

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Not really...poochyena looks like a hyena but mightyena looks moreso like a wolf...sure it has the short powerful jaws and the shaggy overcoat that hangs down from its back, it's body structure is very much canine: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ti_cropped.jpg Hyenas are not canines...as you can see it has a frame that slopes downwards towards the back because its front legs are significantly longer than its back legs...it's neck is also very long, thick and muscular that usually held out straight rather than upright like a canine's...the ears are also much smaller...the tail is also rarely ever held above the back and never very bushy....looking at mightyena: it has large ears, a head held in an erect posture, a vertebral line more or less parallel to the ground...although it definitely has hyena features, it's body frame suggests a wolf: http://iaabc.org/images/iaabc/division/dog/Wolfgang.png
    Eh, if we were going by this, one could argue we don't have a proper wolf Pokemon yet, since Mightyena doesn't quite look like a wolf, at least not any wolf I'm familiar with. It is Canine-like in appearance but then again Hyena's aren't Canines so, then there's the fact that Mightyena looks a lot like the Hyenas from Lion King.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mtqc View Post
    I'd be so okay with a ghost/fire fox... anthro is awesome
    No. Don't tell me that was a part of the rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Does it really matter?

No matter how you try to argue, Deoxys is the DNA Pokemon, that's it's classification, that cannot be argued. You have a Deoxys, look it up it's classified as the DNA Pokemon.

How about this: If DNA is so prevalent in X and Y, then why not have some kind of Deoxys event, or even new Deoxys forme. I don't even know why Deoxys is even relevant to this whole discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You do realize the event and Deoxys forme coding was programmed to all Gen III games simultaneously? By your logic, only FireRed, LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire got the event because it involves D(efense)/N(ormal)/A(ttack) formes that fit in your acronym idea. And just because it was released as the DNA Pokemon, doesn't mean that DNA has that acronym...Deoxys-S is still the DNA Pokemon and doesn't have S in that "DNA" word.

Your acronym doesn't make sense for that reason and excluding Deoxys-S.
    You responded too early, I edited before you said that. I wasn't even debating Deoxys as a DNA Pokemon....

Serebii said that if the scans haven't leaked by around 3 pm today, they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    must be something big if no one has the balls to leak it

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You responded too early, I edited before you said that. I wasn't even debating Deoxys as a DNA Pokemon....
    Still I don't see how it's relevant at all, I don't know what the other user was trying to argue, but as far as I'm concerned it's all pointless and moot, and other things.

Yeah all the 6th generation Pokemon that you'll find initially in the game, Gamefreak promises many more DLC Pokemon to follow. (Joking, for those who can't tell)

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    No. Don't tell me that was a part of the rumour.
    Actually no, it was an anthro Sharpedo or something. I misread.

But either way, I love bipedal Pokemon. *points to your Dragonite icon :I*

Or imagine the fanbase read CoroCoro and got confirmation that XY brought new types and that forced them to ragequit life. LOL.

I imagine Serebii said that as saying if no leaks at 3pm = no new information.

I want to believe

Really? Mr.XY said he made it up??? Link anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

EDIT: Baby Pokemon, huh? I can see two that would be useful. The first would be a shared Tauros/Miltank baby, that would certainly benefit Tauros since he could get Egg moves and his Hidden Ability. The second would be a Druddigon baby, which would give us a nice, reasonably early (like, about mid game) Dragon type to play around with.
    Yeah, but this would be a one time issue. If the basic form was ghost, then giving a move like Astonish along with Tackle/Scratch would let newbie have this situation:

"Ugh, why won't scratch work? Fine, it won't work. Let's try the other move."

And since Astonish only has 15 power, it would super-effect the ghost, be non-STAB, and be a useful flinching tool for the other starter.

And if it's on the second evo, the player will have probably ditched scratch for Water Gun, Razor Leaf, or Ember.
    Do I really need a fancy shmancy signature? Oh, well. Here's the obligatory Pokemon sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Well that's false, considering Sylveon leaked later on in the afternoon.

EDIT: depends on the time zone also.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Page 583 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4835335735795805815825835845855865875936336831583 ... LastLast