Page 644 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5445946346406416426436446456466476486546947441644 ... LastLast
Results 16,076 to 16,100 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #16076
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Please, Jynx is awesome.

    And talking about her, it's time she gets an evolution. Electabuzz and Magmar got one, catch up girl!
    I rather use Jynx with Eviolite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    I think that we'll get more of a Gen II vibe, with maybe 100 new Pokemon, a few pre-evos and evos of old Pokemon and have it sort of mixed all throughout the region.
    Oh god no, this trend has been awful personally, I wanting it to be like Gen 3 with 123-ish mons along with evos and Pre evos that has a decent share and does't take up a X amount of the dex like Sinnoh (though most were cool IMO).


  2. #16077
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Oh god no, this trend has been awful personally, I wanting it to be like Gen 3 with 123-ish mons along with evos and Pre evos that has a decent share and does't take up a X amount of the dex like Sinnoh (though most were cool IMO).
    Yeah, I'm just predicting though, seeing as Gen V was sort of supposed to be a reboot, kind of mirroring Gen I, I think Gen VI will be to Gen V what Gen II was to Gen I aka more of an update/continuation rather than a full blown new everything.

  3. #16078
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boisechris View Post
    I'm just speculating, but I bet that there will be at least 151 new Pokemon, and that a good majority won't be obtainable pre-national dex. What are your thoughts?

    Totally agreed with the more than 151 new pokemon but i preffer them before national dex. I would love new splits and older pokemon evolutions too... And if we talk about evolutions of previous gens pokes i think parasect and dewgong should gets evolutions... the look like incomplete to me.

  4. #16079
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I'm just hoping that the pre-national dex has a decent range of Fire Type Pokémon. Looking at the D/P Sinnoh dex, before defeating the Pokémon League the only Fire Type Pokémon you had access to were the Chimchar line and the Ponyta line. So in most cases, if you wanted a Fire Type on your team you'd have to settle for Rapidash - which reeeeeally isn't all that great in stats.

    And then Game Freak makes a Fire Type E4 member.

    Sure, each of his Pokémon know at least one Fire Type attack but I still found this kinda stupid.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  5. #16080
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    And then Game Freak makes a Fire Type E4 member.

    Sure, each of his Pokémon know at least one Fire Type attack but I still found this kinda stupid.
    They picked two Fire-types, a snake that lives deep into the ground (lots of heat), a hot air balloon and... a "hot" bunny.

    They tried to keep the theme, but I agree with you, it was a stupid move.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  6. #16081
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    They picked two Fire-types, a snake that lives deep into the ground (lots of heat), a hot air balloon and... a "hot" bunny.

    They tried to keep the theme, but I agree with you, it was a stupid move.
    Oh man, I actually never thought of it like that. I find it more amusing than stupid now xD
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  7. #16082
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    This gettibg really off topic :|

    On-topic: Would you like to have the deino,pawniard and bagon line to have in the dex?

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  8. #16083

    Default

    Yeah that bothered me about Karen too... "Hi I'm a dark type Master... meet my vileplume and my Gengar..." and Agatha with her Golbats... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    I'm just hoping that the pre-national dex has a decent range of Fire Type Pokémon. Looking at the D/P Sinnoh dex, before defeating the Pokémon League the only Fire Type Pokémon you had access to were the Chimchar line and the Ponyta line. So in most cases, if you wanted a Fire Type on your team you'd have to settle for Rapidash - which reeeeeally isn't all that great in stats.

    And then Game Freak makes a Fire Type E4 member.

    Sure, each of his Pokémon know at least one Fire Type attack but I still found this kinda stupid.

  9. #16084
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    This gettibg really off topic :|

    On-topic: Would you like to have the deino,pawniard and bagon line to have in the dex?
    Deino yes, Pawniard and especially Bagon, no. Trapinch would be a better choice.

  10. #16085
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    Yeah that bothered me about Karen too... "Hi I'm a dark type Master... meet my vileplume and my Gengar..." and Agatha with her Golbats... lol
    I love when specialists have Pokémon outside their type. I wish they did that more often. It really helps flesh out their teams more. Just because a person specializes in something, doesn't mean that they absolutely have to stick to that particular thing at all times.
    Yellow Team


    Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

    Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

  11. #16086
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    Yeah that bothered me about Karen too... "Hi I'm a dark type Master... meet my vileplume and my Gengar..." and Agatha with her Golbats... lol
    Well, Agatha is a more straightforward case. She's a Ghost-type expert, but there were exactly three Ghost-types in Gen I — they'd either give her some Pokémon from other types to fill the blanks or make her use a team of five Gengars.

    Karen is similar, though I never understood why they didn't give her a Sneasel.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  12. #16087

    Default

    These are the types that need love IMO in the new game:

    Poison (better pokemon period really)
    Grass (more verastile type combos with some new attacks plz)
    Electric (physical ones though,along with a wider range of Physical moves)
    Flying
    Ghost
    Ground
    Ice ( have really always needed work)
    Psychic ( gen 5 psychics were kinda blah)
    Rock (some great non fossil pokemon that are actually usable)
    Water

    JUST SAYING

    The entire point of a type specialist is that they SPECIALIZE in a certain TYPE... fleshing out a specific type is done by the use of split types.
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    I love when specialists have Pokémon outside their type. I wish they did that more often. It really helps flesh out their teams more. Just because a person specializes in something, doesn't mean that they absolutely have to stick to that particular thing at all times.
    Yeah I kinda give a pardon to Agatha. Giovanni is another example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, Agatha is a more straightforward case. She's a Ghost-type expert, but there were exactly three Ghost-types in Gen I — they'd either give her some Pokémon from other types to fill the blanks or make her use a team of five Gengars.

    Karen is similar, though I never understood why they didn't give her a Sneasel.
    Last edited by Wulava; 24th March 2013 at 9:15 AM. Reason: Triple-Post

  13. #16088
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I too find it annoying when they have Pokemon that do not share the types they are supposedly specializing in. The Diamond and Pearl were by far the worse when it comes to this. Platinum was what should have been from the start.
    My only problem with the 1st and 2nd Generations is that they didn't have enough Ghost or Dragon types. I hope that this Generation contains more as well as fleshing out other types and making them more viable.

  14. #16089
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    All Right Guys:

    Which types didn't have a lot of Pokemon in Each Gen..

    Gen 1: Ghost

    Gen 2: Ghost

    Gen 3: Ice

    Gen 4: Fire

    Gen 5: Ice

  15. #16090
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Faraway Island
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    All Right Guys:

    Which types didn't have a lot of Pokemon in Each Gen..

    Gen 1: Ghost

    Gen 2: Ghost

    Gen 3: Ice

    Gen 4: Fire

    Gen 5: Ice
    If I'm not mistaken, ghost and dragon tied in both first and second gen. But I suppose it's better that we don't have a lot of dragons running around. We're already being drowned slowly generation after generation by legendary dragons after all. I don't really care about how many there are of a type, I just want more pokemon families of interesting typing combinations. I like it when a pokemon keeps the same type combo throughout its evolution(s). Maybe I'm just weird like that.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

  16. #16091
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    Imo, Ghost, Ice, and Poison are the types that have always gotten the short end of the stick. There are usually few Ghost or Ice types in any generation, and Poison types rarely seem to be given much clout, without being paired with Bug Type. I'd love to see those three types have more entries in generation 6. The type I hope they produce the fewest of this time around is Dragon type. The past couple generations just felt like Dragons were being pushed too hard, so give it a rest, and that includes in the Legendary tier as well.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  17. #16092
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    I hope they create a lot of Ghost Pokémon in Generation VI. Generation V brought a lot of interesting ghosts and although none of them happen to be in my favorite list, I loved their designs and types combos. That said, I care more about Dark-type Pokémon... Generation V was a bit disappointing for me as far as Dark-type goes, besides Krookodile and maybe Hydreigon, the others aren't really interesting.

    I want cool Dark Pokémon, like the ones from Generation III and IV to some extent. Pokémon like Cacturne, Tyranitar, Sharpedo, Drapion, Sableye, Spiritomb, etc...

  18. #16093
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Better Dark Types would be a yes. Outside of Drapion and Cacturne I never used any because I thought they looked horrid/were too hard to get.

    But, really, I care more about the ice types, despite it being my favorite Type, I only ever used Glalie <.<

  19. #16094
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Imo, Ghost, Ice, and Poison are the types that have always gotten the short end of the stick. There are usually few Ghost or Ice types in any generation, and Poison types rarely seem to be given much clout, without being paired with Bug Type. I'd love to see those three types have more entries in generation 6. The type I hope they produce the fewest of this time around is Dragon type. The past couple generations just felt like Dragons were being pushed too hard, so give it a rest, and that includes in the Legendary tier as well.
    Amen to all of this, and of course as a grass lover I'd also add grass to the list. It's tedious how poison and dark have become the villain team's pokemon. I love poison so it's especially annoying how poison always gets shafted. Gen 5 brought a lot of great grass types so I really shouldn't complain but I still can't believe we only have ONE water/grass line. There is a lot of underwater plant life, certainly more than there are cacti and we still have two different cactus pokemon. I really want to see another grass/water line in the new dex as well as grass/fire which grass fans have been wanting for years. But I prepared to be disappointed so I'm preparing for the usual grass/poison pokemon...

    Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277



  20. #16095
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Generation V kinda gave lots of different types because of the abundant number of Pokémon and new typing combination. Generation V gave us the most Pokémon on the following types:

    Ice type: 7 Pokémon in 4 families (excluding Frost Rotom)
    Fire type: 14 Pokémon in 8 families (excluding Heat Rotom, Darmanitan Zen Mode)
    Fighting type: 15 Pokémon in 10 families (excluding Meloetta Pirouette Form)
    Flying type: 19 Pokémon in 12 families [tied with Generation I and II] (including Fan Rotom)
    Grass type: 20 Pokémon in 10 families (excluding Mow Rotom)
    Electric type: 11 Pokémon in 7 families
    Bug type: 18 Pokémon in 9 families
    Dragon type: 10 Pokémon in 6 families
    Ghost type: 9 Pokémon in 4 families
    Dark Type: 16 Pokémon in 7 families
    Steel type: 12 Pokémon in 8 families

    Hopefully Generation VI gives us lots more unique type combinations to increase the number of Pokémon types.
    Last edited by Arcane_Sky; 24th March 2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Pre-order Patron Saint Joanne's ARTPOP

  21. #16096
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Honestly..we need less fighting types...there are too much and i would like there to be less unless it's a undue type combination like Ice/Fighting..

  22. #16097
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    784

    Default

    A cool Dark/Fighting that lives up to its typing by looks, I am sure nobody wants runts like those two. And a Fire/Fighting non starter Pokemon too. And just one new Rotom form, please...

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  23. #16098
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    There were enough of Fighters in gen5 for me.
    Actually too much...

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  24. #16099
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    There were enough of Fighters in gen5 for me.
    Actually too much...
    My main problem with Fighters is that they always get weak type combinations..we need a Ghost/Fighting or a Dragon/Flying and maybe even another Grass/Fighting....

  25. #16100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    My main problem with Fighters is that they always get weak type combinations..we need a Ghost/Fighting or a Dragon/Flying and maybe even another Grass/Fighting....
    Yes I understand what you mean ^^

    Dragon/Flying is already a standard type combination

    It is just a Dragon but they point out that it has wings and it can fly when it is also a Flying type.

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Page 644 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5445946346406416426436446456466476486546947441644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •