Page 685 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5856356756816826836846856866876886896957357851685 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,125 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

So, in anticipation of this reveal Saturday, I looked back on DP and BW prerelease info, and I found BW extremely similar to XY!

In February 2010, Zoroark and Zorua were announced / In February 2013, Sylveon was announced
    In that CoroCoro for both, more information was going to be announced in the March issue

In March 2010 and 2013, no new info! Hahaha

This is when it gets creepy: In the beginning of April 2010, the show Pokemon Sunday showed exclusive footage of Black and White before CoroCoro. Serebii even admits himself that it was an unlikely source from his post. (This sounds oddly similar to now, how Pokemon Smash is revealing a new Pokemon with potentially something else...)
    Later that month, the starters, cover legendaries, screenshots, and protagonist art were revealed.

Now, since Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Yveltal, and Xerneas have already been announced, it differs from BW prerelease information, but I feel like there is some sort of pattern here. Hopefully we get something that ties in with the movie.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    So, in anticipation of this reveal Saturday, I looked back on DP and BW prerelease info, and I found BW extremely similar to XY!

In February 2010, Zoroark and Zorua were announced / In February 2013, Sylveon was announced
    In that CoroCoro for both, more information was going to be announced in the March issue

In March 2010 and 2013, no new info! Hahaha

This is when it gets creepy: In the beginning of April 2010, the show Pokemon Sunday showed exclusive footage of Black and White before CoroCoro. Serebii even admits himself that it was an unlikely source from his post. (This sounds oddly similar to now, how Pokemon Smash is revealing a new Pokemon with potentially something else...)
    Later that month, the starters, cover legendaries, screenshots, and protagonist art were revealed.

Now, since Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Yveltal, and Xerneas have already been announced, it differs from BW prerelease information, but I feel like there is some sort of pattern here. Hopefully we get something that ties in with the movie.
    We've also seen some areas of the region and etc when the trailer came out, so in a way it isn't the best to compare it to BW.
    Last edited by EpiK SauCe; 31st March 2013 at 8:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EpiK SauCe View Post
    We also some areas of the region and etc when the trailer came out, so in a way it isn't the best to compare it to BW.
    I'm saying chronologically, it's taking the same route. I understand XY is taking a whole new route (what with the worldwide release and all) but the "prerelease formula" is starting patternize itself. [I understand twice isn't a pattern; it's a coincidence, but still]

We'll probably get a Pokemon that is in Movie 16 that has a side role, similar to Munchlax, Chatot, and Buizel in Gen IV.

I'm saying chronologically, it's taking the same route. I understand XY is taking a whole new route (what with the worldwide release and all) but the "prerelease formula" is starting patternize itself. [I understand twice isn't a pattern; it's a coincidence, but still]

We'll probably get a Pokemon that is in Movie 16 that has a side role, similar to Munchlax, Chatot, and Buizel in Gen IV.
    I may not be exact on this one, but i'm pretty sure the starters and legendaries were revealed last in BW. The only reason the Zorua/Zoroark were released was because of the movie in which they were the star of.
    Last edited by EpiK SauCe; 31st March 2013 at 8:38 PM.

I may not be exact on this one, but i'm pretty sure the starters and legendaries were revealed last in BW. The only reason the Zorua/Zoroark were released was because of the movie in which they were the star of.
    No; they were revealed in mid-April 2010. In DP, Palkia/Dialga and Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup were among the last things prereleased.
    BW had the Starters and Zekrom/Reshiram revealed after Zoroark and Zorua.

No, the 5th gen starters were one of the first Pokemon revealed in BW, right after Zorua and Zoroark IIRC. I don't remember when Reshiram and Zekrom were.

I'm not sure what you mean.

The three basic stage starters was the 2nd group of new Pokemon we found out about in 5th gen. The Legendaries being the 3rd group of new Pokemon.

While it does depend on your definition (of officially being revealed or not), the final evolution of the starters were the last group of 5th gen Pokemon to be revealed, along with Tranquill, Daramaka, and Frillish. If I'm right the last official group of Pokemon were like Roggenrola and Bouffalant and the likes in the coro-coro that revealed the whole bunch.

Edit: I'm slightly wrong, the images of Tranquil, Daramaka, Frillish, and the three final starter showed up earlier. I was looking at the release date the pre-release date.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 31st March 2013 at 8:45 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, the 5th gen starters were one of the first Pokemon revealed in BW, right after Zorua and Zoroark IIRC. I don't remember when Reshiram and Zekrom were.
    Reshiram and Zekrom were before starters, but after Zoroark iirc.

Anyway, I can see either a Sableye evo or some other Gen VI Normal-type Pokemon revealed, so it can be in the Movie 16 ecosystem.

700th post, WHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.

The three basic stage starters was the 2nd group of new Pokemon we found out about in 5th gen. The Legendaries being the 3rd group of new Pokemon.

While it does depend on your definition (of officially being revealed or not), the final evolution of the starters were the last group of 5th gen Pokemon to be revealed, along with Tranquill, Daramaka, and Frillish. If I'm right the last official group of Pokemon were like Roggenrola and Bouffalant and the likes in the coro-coro that revealed the whole bunch.
    I had thought reshiram and Zekrom were revealed closer to the games release.

I had thought reshiram and Zekrom were revealed closer to the games release.
    No they were internationally revealed in May, on May 28th.

The starters were May 12th (but apparently seen on May 8th)

Reshiram and Zekrom were before starters, but after Zoroark iirc.
    Only internationally, the starters were revealed in CoroCoro of the month of May BEFORE Zekrom and Reshiram.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Lightbulb happy Cadbury cream day every one!

happy Cadbury cream day every one!

is it me or are there barely any pokemon that look like rabbits or bunnies?

I think it would be cool if they add a more adorable bunny besides Buneary or Lopunny

like this guy
    292247_10151852480947576_1736905460_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...36905460_n.jpg

what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by thebushmaster; 31st March 2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: image brocken
    Buy Japanese Video Games

Made by Me "JoeyII" AKA TheBushmaster

MY Japan & English WI-FI CODE'S: Diamond:Joey2-1375-1826-1994, Pearl:JoeyII-1718-9652-9659, Platinum:JoeyII-4941-1318-0423,
    HeartGold:Joey II-4512-2706-2653
    ,, SoulSilver:Crystal-1764-2238-4377, Black:JoeyII-1335-5610-9304, White: Green-4470-1016-3515,
    Black2: Crystal-4256-1552-0997, White2: Joey II-1765-0482-2478
    X&Y + 3ds Friend Code: J9-1118-0227-0709 (Please PM Me Your Code)

I hope that we get a Ghost/Fire Will-o'-Wisp Pokemon. One of the first moves it learn? Will-o'-Wisp!

Uhhmm Im sorry But Zoroark Was The First 5gen Pokemon. And With His Release Zorua Was released Too. The First Image Was A Silloutte Of Zoroark With All The RPG Games around him.
    Last Update: 13-06-2014
    System: Nintendo 3DS Yveltal
    Playing: POKEMON Y
    Badges: 8/8
    Team: Mega Charizard y, Greninja, Mamoswine, Trevenant, Rotom-W, Venusaur
    Playtime: 722:45
    E4 Win: 90
    FC: 3DS small 0920-0764-0610, Yveltal 3DSXL 4871-4646-5819

Pokedex:
    Central Kalos Dex Seen 150, Obtained 150
    Coastel Kalos Dex Seen 153, Obtained 153
    Mountain Kalos Dex Seen 151, Obtained 151
    National PokeDex Seen 715, Obtained 715

Kalos Dex Complete 04-11-2013, Central Dex Complete 20-11-2013, Mountain Dex Complete 03-12-2013. Nat. Dex Complete 22-12-2013

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I hope that we get a Ghost/Fire Will-o'-Wisp Pokemon. One of the first moves it learn? Will-o'-Wisp!
    We already had the Chandelure line in gen 5
    I don't think they give a fire/ghost in gen 6...
    But it would be great if we had one ;P

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    We already had the Chandelure line in gen 5
    I don't think they give a fire/ghost in gen 6...
    But it would be great if we had one ;P
    We had Tangela, a Pure Grass type in Gen I
    Then we got Bellossom, another Pure Grass in Gen II

GF can reuse types if they want :P

Anyway, I really want Sylveon's type to be revealed this month. Its been way too long!

Quote Originally Posted by thebushmaster View Post
    happy Cadbury cream day every one!

is it me or are there barely any pokemon that look like rabbits or bunnies?

I think it would be cool if they add a more adorable bunny besides Buneary or Lopunny

like this guy
    Attachment 8606

what are your thoughts?

The link won't open for me so i dunno what it is, but i like the idea of more rabbits or hares, maybe an ice type?

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

To me it will probably be the Bird or Sylveon's Counterpart(highly doubt new starter evos),knowing GameFreak,they will probably troll us and only show us the design and we will have to wait to CoroCoro where types will be mentioned(and fingers crossed about Sylveon's Type this Month)
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    To me it will probably be the Bird or Sylveon's Counterpart(highly doubt new starter evos),knowing GameFreak,they will probably troll us and only show us the design and we will have to wait to CoroCoro where types will be mentioned(and fingers crossed about Sylveon's Type this Month)
    Well, on the topic of Eeveelutions, has anyone else noticed that each one represents a certain stat or set of stats? Flareon is based on offensive stats, Jolteon is based on Speed, and Vaporeon is based on defensive stats. When Special was split into Sp. Atk and Sp. Def, we Got Espeon (better in Sp. Atk) and Umbreon (better at Sp. Def.) When it got narrowed down even further, with the Special/Physical split, we got Leafeon (better Attack) and Glaceon (better Sp. Atk.) My bet is that they're going to make another distinction - possibly Direct/Indirect attacks. If that's the case, Sylveon looks like it would specialize in Indirect attacks, and its counterpart will probably be more inclined towards Direct attacks. I'm also betting they're both Normal-type, and are gender-based evolutions. Possibly level up a male/female Eevee in a certain location/with a certain Item? Dunno. That's what I think though.

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

Quote Originally Posted by shiningsloth13 View Post
    Well, on the topic of Eeveelutions, has anyone else noticed that each one represents a certain stat or set of stats? Flareon is based on offensive stats, Jolteon is based on Speed, and Vaporeon is based on defensive stats. When Special was split into Sp. Atk and Sp. Def, we Got Espeon (better in Sp. Atk) and Umbreon (better at Sp. Def.) When it got narrowed down even further, with the Special/Physical split, we got Leafeon (better Attack) and Glaceon (better Sp. Atk.) My bet is that they're going to make another distinction - possibly Direct/Indirect attacks. If that's the case, Sylveon looks like it would specialize in Indirect attacks, and its counterpart will probably be more inclined towards Direct attacks. I'm also betting they're both Normal-type, and are gender-based evolutions. Possibly level up a male/female Eevee in a certain location/with a certain Item? Dunno. That's what I think though.
    That's a cool way to see it. I could see them making another distinction in stats/attacks. Maybe the bond thing alluded to in the first trailer will play apart, kinda like a new friendship meter (not an overhaul, but an addition). I can't see GF, though, making Sylveon a gender based Eeveelution. Why? At the moment, according to Serebii's BW Pokedex, Eevee has only a 12.5% chance of being female. I don't think that they will change that, especially since most of them have a feminine quality to them now.

I'm going to laugh if this yellow oval if actually the silhouette. Maybe an Exeggcute pre evolution with just one egg? Maybe a new egg Pokemon or some other Pokemon that could be based on something that is in the shape of an ellipse/oval.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    That's a cool way to see it. I could see them making another distinction in stats/attacks. Maybe the bond thing alluded to in the first trailer will play apart, kinda like a new friendship meter (not an overhaul, but an addition). I can't see GF, though, making Sylveon a gender based Eeveelution. Why? At the moment, according to Serebii's BW Pokedex, Eevee has only a 12.5% chance of being female. I don't think that they will change that, especially since most of them have a feminine quality to them now.
    But the gender ratio could change. Who's to say there aren't 5,000 female Eevees in this region to the males' 1,000?
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    But the gender ratio could change. Who's to say there aren't 5,000 female Eevees in this region to the males' 1,000?
    1. Possibly they can introduce some technique in finding specific genders of Pokemon.

2. OR Eevee are common in 6th generation land as opposed to uncommon, or rare.

3. Or Gamefreak doesn't care that you have to work to find a female Eevee. Because not everything should be handed to the player on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    The link won't open for me so i dunno what it is, but i like the idea of more rabbits or hares, maybe an ice type?
    just fixed the link sorry about that.

if it still does not work here it is again https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...36905460_n.jpg
    Buy Japanese Video Games

Made by Me "JoeyII" AKA TheBushmaster

MY Japan & English WI-FI CODE'S: Diamond:Joey2-1375-1826-1994, Pearl:JoeyII-1718-9652-9659, Platinum:JoeyII-4941-1318-0423,
    HeartGold:Joey II-4512-2706-2653
    ,, SoulSilver:Crystal-1764-2238-4377, Black:JoeyII-1335-5610-9304, White: Green-4470-1016-3515,
    Black2: Crystal-4256-1552-0997, White2: Joey II-1765-0482-2478
    X&Y + 3ds Friend Code: J9-1118-0227-0709 (Please PM Me Your Code)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    True, I guess that they could do that. I guess another option would be to implement an area where a Pokemon will always be female or male when hatched there. Am I just misremembering, or wasn't one of Sinnoh's towns like that?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by thebushmaster View Post
    just fixed the link sorry about that.

if it still does not work here it is again https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...36905460_n.jpg

Maybe this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tic_Hare_1.jpg They have huge back feet which could utilize kicking moves such as double kick? Maybe ice/fighting?

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Is Nintendo releasing info about the new pokemon through Nintendo Direct or Pokemon Smash? They said it was being shown internationally.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Page 685 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5856356756816826836846856866876886896957357851685 ... LastLast