Page 693 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5936436836896906916926936946956966977037437931693 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    What exactly does a light type even look like? I thought dark was the "evil type" already with fighting being the pseudo light, or good type.
    IDK? Maybe looking opposite of Dark-Types? Like white and graceful? Sylveon is quite cute. But I honestly don't care if there is Light-Type or not. As long as Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting-Type

And this new Pokemon...... Ugh it's really frustrating!

I bet it's just a boring early-game thing :/

To the above: It's got the colours, I admit. But appearance, it just looks so Flying-Type to me. But everyone sees different.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Actually, the fact that DP changed the Physical/Special move split and continued with the pattern by revealing Leafeon and Glaceon only strengthens my argument.

Plus, every Eeveelution clearly looks like their respective type, or at least their icon.

Attachment 8616

Tell me that doesn't match.
    oh hey that's kinda cool never noticed that
    who knows it's possible although i expected dragon type eeveelution to look different then again so did everyone with flying

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I think any new information about anything is a big deal because it's just been so long. Yeah lets not get into the light type stuff again please

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

yeah and if it's the regional bug i will be pretty excited
    i hope they are as good as last gens bugs

Ask me stupid stuff

The dragon thing can't be completely Ruled out, because just like normal Type, there isn't anything significant that all pokemon of that type have in common in terms of how they look. I guess they probably All kind of have wings In Their final form, except with kingdra only having one. Sylveon still doesnt fit as a name though, with it being a fairy.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yeah and if it's the regional bug i will be pretty excited
    i hope they are as good as last gens bugs
    I would like some good bugs too! Maybe a hornet for a male Combee evo?

I think a Bug/Dark Housefly with Prankster too. That would be awesome!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

The dragon thing can't be completely Ruled out, because just like normal Type, there isn't anything significant that all pokemon of that type have in common in terms of how they look. I guess they probably All kind of have wings In Their final form, except with kingdra only having one. Sylveon still doesnt fit as a name though, with it being a fairy.
    normal type is all just mammals though like just regular animals in the wild or whatever
    but idk that one is tricky >.>

I would like some good bugs too! Maybe a hornet for a male Combee evo?

I think a Bug/Dark Housefly with Prankster too. That would be awesome!
    both of those would be great
    for bug/dark i really wanna see a tick that evolves into a vampire moth or something XD

Ask me stupid stuff

Sylveon's name could just go along with the "mythology" theme, like what Dragons are.
    The color scheme, the unknown move in the trailer, the fangs (that only Umbreon has as well), and the "Special-Type" theme are what lead me to believe it's a Dragon type.

But, I can't convince everybody. I just don't like the idea of Sylveon being Normal or Flying....

normal type is all just mammals though like just regular animals in the wild or whatever
    but idk that one is tricky >.>

both of those would be great
    for bug/dark i really wanna see a tick that evolves into a vampire moth or something XD
    Not every normal type is a mammal. Jigglypuff, clefairy, ditto, porygon line, dunsparce, audino, chansey, togepi, and some others.

Named Admiral Sentret

Sylveon's name could just go along with the "mythology" theme, like what Dragons are.
    The color scheme, the unknown move in the trailer, the fangs (that only Umbreon has as well), and the "Special-Type" theme are what lead me to believe it's a Dragon type.

But, I can't convince everybody. I just don't like the idea of Sylveon being Normal or Flying....
    well i don't like the normal idea either but i think flying is still a viable possibility
    i think the color scheme is the best argument so far for dragon typing never caught that
    but sylveon as a name doesn't sound like dragon just because it's mythology

Ask me stupid stuff

I really can't see Sylveon being Dragon-type. The only thing that's universal between dragons (IRL and in the games to a lesser extent) is that they're reptilian. Sylveon doesn't look at all reptilian.

Not every normal type is a mammal. Jigglypuff, clefairy, ditto, porygon line, dunsparce, audino, chansey, togepi, and some others.
    Isn't Audino supposed to be a rabbit? Therefore it's a mammal.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

well i don't like the normal idea either but i think flying is still a viable possibility
    i think the color scheme is the best argument so far for dragon typing never caught that
    but sylveon as a name doesn't sound like dragon just because it's mythology
    Well, the name Sylveon isn't really an indicator of anything so for all we know Sylveon might very well be a Dragon type. It's coloring kinda reminds me of a Dragon or a Flying type.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    I really can't see Sylveon being Dragon-type. The only thing that's universal between dragons (IRL and in the games to a lesser extent) is that they're reptilian. Sylveon doesn't look at all reptilian.
    well altaria wasn't reptilian either
    like yuoke said many dragon types are too different to judge based on that

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Well, the name Sylveon isn't really an indicator of anything so for all we know Sylveon might very well be a Dragon type. It's coloring kinda reminds me of a Dragon or a Flying type.
    yes the color could indicate it being dragon but not the name...like at all

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    A sylph is an air elemenal. A Nymph (as in Nymphia) is a minor greek nature goddess. To me, that kind of sounds like it's pointing to flying-type.

well altaria wasn't reptilian either
    like yuoke said many dragon types are too different to judge based on that
    Altaria is based on the Peng, a mythological bird with a dragon's head, so it only makes sense it would be dragon. The only dragon-types I can think of that aren't that reptilian are Flygon and Kingdra, based on the Dragonfly and Weedy Sea Dragon (Also, the japanese name for seahorse means "Dragon's Child") respectively.
    Last edited by Asbestospoison; 1st April 2013 at 4:14 PM.

Oh good lord!
    Not sylveons type again....
    I'm not even getting into it at this point
    Everyone will have their own views and opinions
    Can we just leave as what ever anyone thinks is okay?

_____

As for what to be revealed on saterday the 6th
    I think it won't be a regional, it will be either the zoroark of this gen
    Or simply a very marketable pokemon
    Or if the game has a nice new feature it could be the pokemon associated
    Along with some info, something like Musharna and dream world

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Oh good lord!
    Not sylveons type again....
    I'm not even getting into it at this point
    Everyone will have their own views and opinions
    Can we just leave as what ever anyone thinks is okay?

_____

As for what to be revealed on saterday the 6th
    I think it won't be a regional, it will be either the zoroark of this gen
    Or simply a very marketable pokemon
    Or if the game has a nice new feature it could be the pokemon associated
    Along with some info, something like Musharna and dream world
    Well sylveon is currently one of only 6 gen 6 pokemon we know at This point, so there isn't much else to talk about. Id rather speculate about things we know definitevely are real rather than just talking about pokemon that we wish would be made. As long as the light type thing isn't being argued, it's not really that bad.

Named Admiral Sentret

Tbh if you take a step back from everything and think what we thought eeveelutions would look like for types like flying,dragon,bug etc before Sylveons reveal, Sylveon really doesn't look like any of them at all if i'm honest and i'm starting to come around that it maybe a new type. The whole big deal about not revealing the type aswell sort of bugs me because if it's not a big deal why would GF keep us in the dark for so long? I'm not saying it's light type but i also equally don't think it's a flying type or whatever. If i'm totally honest i have absolutely no freaking idea what type Sylveon is

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Look at my signature , if that isn't flying I guess you should go to he docter

'3' P: :|

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    Tbh if you take a step back from everything and think what we thought eeveelutions would look like for types like flying,dragon,bug etc before Sylveons reveal, Sylveon really doesn't look like any of them at all if i'm honest and i'm starting to come around that it maybe a new type. The whole big deal about not revealing the type aswell sort of bugs me because if it's not a big deal why would GF keep us in the dark for so long? I'm not saying it's light type but i also equally don't think it's a flying type or whatever. If i'm totally honest i have absolutely no freaking idea what type Sylveon is
    All the eeveelutions so far have types that are pretty easy to aesthetically show in the eeveelution. Flying, normal, and dragon are all types that can easily be very ambiguous compared to fire, water, dark, ice, etc. So it very likely could be and likely is one of those types. It doesn't automatically make it light because its harder to figure out. People assumed reshiram was light with zekrom assumed as dark.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post

or spell better :|
    while i do support the whole flying type thing other people don't exactly consider that solid evidence

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post

How exactly does sticking it's ribbon things out make it obviously flying type?

Named Admiral Sentret

You can see Sylveon's streamers/ribbons/whatever flowing in the wind in the trailer, that seems like good evidence of having a connection to wind IMO.

And yeah, we really don't have much else to speculate on besides Sylveon. At least we'll be getting something new next week.

or spell better :|
    while i do support the whole flying type thing other people don't exactly consider that solid evidence
    I agree. I don't see that as evidence for Flying type. I fail to see how they think Sylveon is flying in that.

Anyway, based on the Pokemon we've seen in the trailers, what would your teams look like?

As of now, I'd probably use Chespin, mayyyybe Sylveon. I might even use some past-gen Pokemon I haven't used before, like Hariyama or Golduck....

I agree. I don't see that as evidence for Flying type. I fail to see how they think Sylveon is flying in that.

Anyway, based on the Pokemon we've seen in the trailers, what would your teams look like?

As of now, I'd probably use Chespin, mayyyybe Sylveon. I might even use some past-gen Pokemon I haven't used before, like Hariyama or Golduck....
    It's kinda early to think about our teams, given that we only know about 6 pokemon in the regional dex. I don't think simply appearing in the trailer means it's in the regional dex, since Dratini is kanto's pseudolegendary, and pseudo's typically only appear in the regional dex for their region.

Page 693 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5936436836896906916926936946956966977037437931693 ... LastLast