Page 793 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 6937437837897907917927937947957967978038438931793 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,825 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #19801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ocean, awaiting directions
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I am fairly certain that there will never be a 'Satanic' Pokemon. Regardless of religion. You guys are lucky you have Arceus, which in my opinion, pushed the envelope a bit.
    Why? It doesn't relate to religion at all, it just known as the god Pokemon

    To all those who hated 5th gen


    If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

    Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

  2. #19802
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I am fairly certain that there will never be a 'Satanic' Pokemon. Regardless of religion. You guys are lucky you have Arceus, which in my opinion, pushed the envelope a bit.
    While I agree that there will definitely never be a Pokemon that is directly based on Satan with red skin and horns and such like, I don't see any problem with a Pokemon that is indirectly based on him, like the Lord of the Flies Poke that people have proposed.

    ~The Head Honchkrow~

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  3. #19803
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    While I agree that there will definitely never be a Pokemon that is directly based on Satan with red skin and horns and such like, I don't see any problem with a Pokemon that is indirectly based on him, like the Lord of the Flies Poke that people have proposed.

    ~The Head Honchkrow~
    Hi!

    I wonder what you'd think are good ideas for new Bug-types.

    I'm hoping for something like a Black Widow, which would obviously be a Bug/Dark-type, and function a bit like a cross between a regular spider-pokemon, but with dark/ghost-like qualities, such as having Destiny Bond as a move. It would work well with Electro Web, which I'm sure it should get. I'm still thinking about an ability that would fit, but the thing that attracts me most are two offensive types, and the possibility to take alternative routes. Furthermore, I'm a Dark-type fan, so I need Bug to be represented in that field as well.

    Furthermore, a Rock/Electric-type would be great for me as well. An electricity boosted Velociraptor with access to Magnet Rise to avoid EQ's and crippling stuff like that. It's a type that would have little weaknesses outside of Fighting, Ground, Grass and Water. Pretty crippling weaknesses, but the sheer force of strength and speed would work. I mean look at Excadrill for example, it's got a few prominent weaknesses as well, and that doesn't stop it from being uber.. However, I'd just imagine it getting a crappy ability like how Defeatist broke Archeops.. But with something like Motor Drive, it could be okay.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #19804
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It really wasn't from CoroCoro. It was from the Present Guide that is given with prebooked tickets of the movie
    Ok thanks I wasn't completely sure about where it was from

  5. #19805
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I'd also like to chime in with the fact that Houndour and Houndoom exist. Heck, their Japanese names directly refer to the Devil and Hell (Houndour = Deribiru, a corruption of debiru the Japanese pronunciation of devil, and Houndoom = Herugaa, derived from the Japanese pronunciation of Hell.

    ~The Head Honchkrow~
    Of course it won't look like that, that's not even an accurate description.

    I don't see why we can't have a pokemon that has some relation to satan, we already have Houndoom and Giratina

    Also, Herugaa sounds more like Hell-Fang than just hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  6. #19806
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Of course it won't look like that, that's not even an accurate description.

    I don't see why we can't have a pokemon that has some relation to satan, we already have Houndoom and Giratina

    Also, Herugaa sounds more like Hell-Fang than just hell
    Umm... I think you'll find that when most people think of the Devil, they picture something like this.

    Also, here's a Bulbapedia extract regarding Herugaa's etymology:
    Hellgar is a combination of hell (alluding to its dark and fiery nature, as a hellhound) and gar (a sound that dogs make).
    ~The Head Honchkrow~

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  7. #19807
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    partying in animeland
    Posts
    339

    Default

    how about a pokemon based off of jurassic park's velociraptor....and for those of you who dont know the reason i said jurassic park's velociraptor is because its not what the real life velociraptor looked like not even close it was much smaller and dumber.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

    Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

  8. #19808
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    how about a pokemon based off of jurassic park's velociraptor....and for those of you who dont know the reason i said jurassic park's velociraptor is because its not what the real life velociraptor looked like not even close it was much smaller and dumber.
    Actually they very intelligent dinoasaurs that hunted in packs and had there own form of communication and a social hiarachy... I think you need to read up on them lol

    I like the idea though

  9. #19809
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    partying in animeland
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Actually they very intelligent dinoasaurs that hunted in packs and had there own form of communication and a social hiarachy... I think you need to read up on them lol
    really? my mistake. but that does make sense.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

    Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

  10. #19810
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    really? my mistake. but that does make sense.
    Yup they were the wolves of the dinasaur era

    though from your idea they could have the pre evo look like a raptor should look small with feathers and then its evo could loose its feathers and grow and look more like the movie version

  11. #19811
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    Also, here's a Bulbapedia extract regarding Herugaa's etymology:


    ~The Head Honchkrow~
    Why do the Japanese have the weirdest sounding onomatopoeia?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  12. #19812
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Actually they very intelligent dinoasaurs that hunted in packs and had there own form of communication and a social hiarachy... I think you need to read up on them lol

    I like the idea though

    The sound of the Raptors in Jurassic Park when they call each other is actually the sound of turtles having sex. Just thought I'd share that magical info.

    Anyway, Velociraptor would be awesome. Raptor, Saber-tooth Cat, T-Rex, Stegosaurus; there's plenty of ancient fossils that would make great pokemon. I also love the idea of a Black Widow Bug/Dark type pokemon. We have two so far, right? A Tarantula (Galvantula) and uh...Ariados (generic spider?). Another Kangaroo (since all we have is Khangaskhan) would be pretty cool. I feel like It would be Ground/something (most likely Ground/Fighting). A wolf or something would be cool, too. A slightly bulky, Aggressive Grass Wolf.

  13. #19813
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    partying in animeland
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Yup they were the wolves of the dinasaur era

    though from your idea they could have the pre evo look like a raptor should look small with feathers and then its evo could loose its feathers and grow and look more like the movie version
    love the idea JAPAN make it happen...please!!!

    in other news i think the final count should should be 851 so 202 new pokemon, why? so that it can have the last 2 digits represent the original 151 and to a lesser extend the 251 all together that existed in gen2.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

    Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

  14. #19814
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Hi!

    I wonder what you'd think are good ideas for new Bug-types.

    I'm hoping for something like a Black Widow, which would obviously be a Bug/Dark-type, and function a bit like a cross between a regular spider-pokemon, but with dark/ghost-like qualities, such as having Destiny Bond as a move. It would work well with Electro Web, which I'm sure it should get. I'm still thinking about an ability that would fit, but the thing that attracts me most are two offensive types, and the possibility to take alternative routes. Furthermore, I'm a Dark-type fan, so I need Bug to be represented in that field as well.

    Furthermore, a Rock/Electric-type would be great for me as well. An electricity boosted Velociraptor with access to Magnet Rise to avoid EQ's and crippling stuff like that. It's a type that would have little weaknesses outside of Fighting, Ground, Grass and Water. Pretty crippling weaknesses, but the sheer force of strength and speed would work. I mean look at Excadrill for example, it's got a few prominent weaknesses as well, and that doesn't stop it from being uber.. However, I'd just imagine it getting a crappy ability like how Defeatist broke Archeops.. But with something like Motor Drive, it could be okay.

    I posted a few pages back about my desire for more Electric type Pokemon this Gen. You have my 100% support for an Electric Velociraptor!

    A Velociraptor Pokemon would certainly suit the Electric type because it would be so fast

    Electric/Dark
    Electric/Grass
    Electric/Water - that can move on land
    Electric/Rock
    Electric/Fire
    Electric/Psychic
    Electric/Ice

    Any of these I'd be happy with. Electric types could do with some more exotic newcomers, with some interesting dual types. Just off the top of my head, Fire types last Gen got a Fire/Ghost, Fire/Psychic, Fire/Bug and another Fire/Fighting, and other types were well looked after too like Bug, Fighting, Dark, Ground and Grass types.

    It's time Electric types got some interesting additions, Ice too.

    If we get another Stunkfish, am not going to be happy :'(


    Off topic: WHY CAN'T EELEKTROSS LEARN SURF? IT'S AN EEL! I like to use monotype teams in-game and atm I am stuck with either Lanturn or Rotom-W for Surf :'( I dislike both :'(
    Last edited by Violent Red; 13th April 2013 at 12:36 AM.
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos



    Dogs of War



    HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

  15. #19815
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why do the Japanese have the weirdest sounding onomatopoeia?
    "Gar" isn't that weird when you think about it.
    Say "gar" to yourself (elongating the "r" part as you do so) and it sounds very much like our equivalent, "grr".

    But yes, for most the part, Japanese onomatapoeia is quite strange. I mean, "konkon" = fox cry?! o.O

    ~The Head Honchkrow~

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  16. #19816
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    in other news i think the final count should should be 851 so 202 new pokemon, why? so that it can have the last 2 digits represent the original 151 and to a lesser extend the 251 all together that existed in gen2.
    202! I wouldn't mind 102, if there wasn't a lot of Legends.

    Anyway, a flamingo Pokemon would be cool. Fire/Flying would be cool. I'm surprised that we've never had one, yet.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  17. #19817
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    Umm... I think you'll find that when most people think of the Devil, they picture something like this.

    Also, here's a Bulbapedia extract regarding Herugaa's etymology:


    ~The Head Honchkrow~
    Once again, that doesn't make it accurate.

    The horns were taken(and corrupted) from Cernunnos to both demonize the witches of Europe(hey look! they worship a god with horns! looks an aweful lot like this drawing of satan we just made up...) and to use it as a scare tactic(horns are scarier than no horns) while the red coloration was another scare tactic, red looks more fearsome than an average skin coloration.

    Oh, I thought it was Herruga("ga" being fang). Herrugaru makes more sense with its name just being hell
    Last edited by Elnava; 13th April 2013 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  18. #19818
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Once again, that doesn't make it accurate.

    The horns were taken(and corrupted) from Cernunnos to both demonize the witches of Europe(hey look! they worship a god with horns! looks an aweful lot like this drawing of satan we just made up...) while the red coloration was another scare tactic, red looks more fearsome than an average skin coloration.
    ...I'm not entirely sure on what you're trying to say. To me, the end result is the same; the red skinned, horned humanoid is the generic image that people have in their minds when they think of the Devil. The origins of that image are irrelevant.

    If you want to continue this discussion, you're more than welcome to PM me (as we're a bit off topic here).

    ~The Head Honchkrow~

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  19. #19819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    202! I wouldn't mind 102, if there wasn't a lot of Legends.

    Anyway, a flamingo Pokemon would be cool. Fire/Flying would be cool. I'm surprised that we've never had one, yet.
    Charizard, Moltres and Ho-Oh ?!?!? :')

    I'd like a flamingo pokemon, a dolphin pokemon, a peacock pokemon... It could be the regional bird seeing as unova's was a pheasant :')

    I really think a Dark/Electric is needed... I think it could look really cool... Maybe for a wolf like pokeomn to rival Arcenine?
    Formerly Raichu

    #teamminaj #teamrihannanavy #teamrocket wait whut?

    anythingandeverythingaccordingtome.blogspot.com

  20. #19820
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireTypeLeader View Post
    Charizard, Moltres and Ho-Oh ?!?!? :')

    I'd like a flamingo pokemon, a dolphin pokemon, a peacock pokemon... It could be the regional bird seeing as unova's was a pheasant :')

    I really think a Dark/Electric is needed... I think it could look really cool... Maybe for a wolf like pokeomn to rival Arcenine?
    I think he ment a fire/flying flamingo hasnt been done yet

  21. #19821
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    A Water/Flying or Poison/Flying Flamingo would make more sense due to their usual feeding grounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  22. #19822
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Here. There. Everywhere.
    Posts
    349

    Default

    As long as Medicham and Ninjask are present early on, I'm content.
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

        Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

  23. #19823
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ocean, awaiting directions
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    There is going to be a announcement on the 18th April apparently concerning the new games

    To all those who hated 5th gen


    If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

    Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

  24. #19824
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I thought that on April 8th we were getting a movie trailer, not an X and Y announcement.
    I'll make you wet.



    6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

    Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

  25. #19825
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ocean, awaiting directions
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    it may not be a trusted source but here's where i got the info from >>>>>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmEICp2j6E8

    To all those who hated 5th gen


    If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

    Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Page 793 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 6937437837897907917927937947957967978038438931793 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •