Page 809 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7097597998058068078088098108118128138198599091809 ... LastLast
Results 20,201 to 20,225 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Exactly. And, it's mostly because, as of now, Eevee has evolved into types that used to be Special in the original games before the physical/special move split. Flying type Sylveon would break that; Dragon type Sylveon wouldn't.

And, with the Eeveelution chart, the fact that it is SE across from one another is pure coincidence. That chart was ordered chronologically, with Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon on top (for being revealed first) and Sylveon on the bottom (for being revealed last).

People also think Sylveon's movie trailer had it flying, but really, it only had it's ribbons in the air.

They think the gameplay trailer shows a Flying move, but what Flying move actually involves flames?

It's not that I'm TOTALLY against Sylveon being Flying; but I don't find the aforementioned things being able to explain why its Flying type. Honestly, GF has given no implication to type (except name and design) which can be for so many types anyway.

TL;DR I don't think Sylveon is Flying type, and we have had little to no evidence of what type it truly is.
    The tidbit about them being special before the split is interesting. I never paid attention to that. I'm sticking to my theory/observation about it being normal though. Sylveon screams "Normal" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I wouldn't say that that chart backs up the Flying-type theory because then, given the logic of the pattern, Sylveon could theoretically be Ground-type and the pattern would still stand, as Ground is SE against Electric.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Look at Sylveon for 1/2 of a second and say with a straight face that it's a ground type.

A little, thin, frail, light, pink, starry eyed ground type with flowing pink ribbons
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Look at Sylveon for 1/2 of a second and say with a straight face that it's a ground type.

A little, thin, frail, light, pink, starry eyed ground type with flowing pink ribbons
    That is totally a ground type. What ones don't lokk like that?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

A little, thin, frail, light, pink, starry eyed ground type
    *sigh* I'm not saying that it's a Ground-type.
    I'm saying that, given the logic behind the pattern, you could say it's a Ground-type and the pattern would still work, because Ground is SE against Electric.
    Hence the reason I used the word "theoretically".

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

I'm saying that, given the logic behind the pattern, you could say it's a Ground-type and the pattern would still work, because Ground is SE against Electric.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Well yes but actually looking at the thing you can't say it's a ground type. This is why I believe that the chart stands

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    They don't all have specific signature moves, like you want for the eeveelutions. And a water, fire and electric slam type moves sort of already exist.

Also, giving them new special moves doesn't make any sense. They're pretty gimicky. Showing the stones, time, and the other stones.
    I think they would be pretty cool still we just have different opinions which is okay. You like Feraligator I like Meganium. We just are different. But the eeveelution do need their own signature moves because they are special pokemon, they don't evolve by level up, they evolve with stones, time, and the moss and ice rock.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Can't lie with this guy's logic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Well yes but actually looking at the thing you can't say it's a ground type. This is why I believe that the chart stands
    I've tried finding this chart I keep hearing you guys mention, but I haven't had any luck. Would anyone mind linking it for me or telling me where I can find it? Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSnivy View Post
    I've tried finding this chart I keep hearing you guys mention, but I haven't had any luck. Would anyone mind linking it for me or telling me where I can find it? Please and thank you.
    Here is the link: http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/
    Latest Shiny!

This thread right now:

sylveon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    Thank you. I assume people are saying that the way the chart is arranged, each evolution is across from the one it is strong/weak against, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hellothisismuffin View Post
    This thread right now:

sylveon.jpg
    Okay that is the funniest thing I have seen all day!!!
    How do you guys think Sylveon is going to evolve?
    Latest Shiny!

Thank you. I assume people are saying that the way the chart is arranged, each evolution is across from the one it is strong/weak against, right?
    Yep. That's what most of us think

No problem!! going with your normal type theory, maybe Sylveon will evolve holding the Pink bow item?
    Latest Shiny!

Umm...you don't seem to understand the word "theoretically". So, I'll spell it out for you:

Let's say for argument's sake that GF only gave us a question-mark circle and no name to go with it, and they put that question-mark circle in the aforementioned chart.
    Now, given the logic of the chart, you could conclude that it is Flying, since Electric is SE against Flying.
    However, you could also easily say that it is Ground-type, and you wouldn't be able to tell which because you'd have no visual cues from the design or hints from the name, like we do in actuality.

By the way, just so you know, I do believe that Sylveon will be Flying-type, but I honestly don't think the chart is hinting at it.

~The Head Honchkrow~

If Espeon and Umbreon weren't friendship I would have guessed that...

They haven't used the Shiny Stone or Dawn Stone for an eeveelution yet, maybe one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    No problem!! going with your normal type theory, maybe Sylveon will evolve holding the Pink bow item?
    Sounds plausible. We haven't had one evolve using hold items yet. I just pray it isn't a trade evolution.

Umm...you don't seem to understand the word "theoretically". So, I'll spell it out for you:

Let's say for argument's sake that GF only gave us a question-mark circle and no name to go with it, and they put that question-mark circle in the aforementioned chart.
    Now, given the logic of the chart, you could conclude that it is Flying, since Electric is SE against Flying.
    However, you could also easily say that it is Ground-type, and you wouldn't be able to tell which because you'd have no visual cues from the design or hints from the name, like we do in actuality.

By the way, just so you know, I do believe that Sylveon will be Flying-type, but I honestly don't think the chart is hinting at it.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    I know what you were saying. It simply didn't apply because we already had visual and naming hints

By the way, just so you, I do believe that Sylveon will be Flying-type, but I honestly don't think the chart is hinting at it.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    What he's saying is: I DO NOT THINK SYLVEON IS A GROUND TYPE! STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH! I NEVER SAID IT WAS, SO DROP IT!

Yep. That's what most of us think
    I could see how people would assume that, but I think they are just in order as far as what Gen they were released in, like someone already said. But it is an interesting theory.

Sounds plausible. We haven't had one evolve using hold items yet. I just pray it isn't a trade evolution.
    I just noticed, with a ll previous eeveelutions the method of evolution was some new method introduced in that generation.

Umbreon and Espeon were friendship and time based, this hadn't been done before Johto
    Leafeon and Glaceon were location based, this hadn't been done before Sinnoh

So maybe some brand new thing that's never been done before?

I know what you were saying. It simply didn't apply because we already had visual and naming hints
    Then I'm afraid there is simply no reasoning with you, as you clearly missed the point entirely.

What he's saying is: I DO NOT THINK SYLVEON IS A GROUND TYPE! STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH! I NEVER SAID IT WAS, SO DROP IT!
    As did you.

~The Head Honchkrow~

I just noticed, with a ll previous eeveelutions the method of evolution was some new method introduced in that generation.

Umbreon and Espeon were friendship and time based, this hadn't been done before Johto
    Leafeon and Glaceon were location based, this hadn't been done before Sinnoh

So maybe some brand new thing that's never been done before?
    This is true, too. I'm excited to see what it is. Maybe breed eevee or some other eeveelution with a new, specific pokemon? Probably won't be that, but its all I can come up with right now lol. I think that would be an interesting way to get a pokemon, though.

I think Sylveon is Flying or Steel. I thought it could be Bug too, but it wouldn't make much sense

I don't think it'll be normal type, I reckon the normal type will look a lot more like eevee, just bigger.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Page 809 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7097597998058068078088098108118128138198599091809 ... LastLast