Page 823 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7237738138198208218228238248258268278338739231823 ... LastLast
Results 20,551 to 20,575 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Yes
    _________
    Great. Just making sure.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Are you implying that that a Palm tree was ever not psychic?

Also...my memory fails me...which pokemon is a psychic palm tree? The only tree's that come to mind are Tropius and Shiftry

EDIT: Nevermind...just remembered Execgutor. Slow as hell, but I liked that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I don't see how a bug could be Psychic since their intelligence is...well...bug-like
    yet there is a moth that can spit flames and a mouse that can create electricity
    pokemon is never fully logical have you ever heard of a walking egg?

I would like to see an evolution to Arbok. It could really use some improvements to its stats. Awesome design though

An Arbok evolution is a cool idea

Did anyone else post the idea of a Fire/Steel Torkoal evolution? It would be cool to see it based on a train. Torkoal always reminded me of a train because of the smoke plume and stuff...

Speaking of Fire/stuff combinations... I really want to see a Fire/Water type. Maybe it can be something like a pokemon that likes to use boiling water? It could learn Scald early. Or maybe a pokemon that uses steam? Or maybe a volcanic island pokemon or an undersea volcano?

This idea for a Fire/Water made me "aww":
    http://fantasticfakemon.com/image/31805839371
    Last edited by Elnava; 17th April 2013 at 4:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

I don't see how a bug could be Psychic since their intelligence is...well...bug-like
    I could! Butterfree could have been a Psychic type if they hadn't made it a flying type instead. But I can picture a praying mantis bug/psychic Pokémon. That would be neat.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Charizard View Post
    I would like to see an evolution to Arbok. It could really use some improvements to its stats. Awesome design though
    Oh goodness gracious yes! X3 I love Arbok and I would like for it to get an evolution XP

Im actually wanting some... Dragon/Grass Grass/Dragon <.> A friend of mine and me where thinking of one but it would have been gender based @_@ as a female XD

I hope there are some new type combinations X3 like Elnava said :3
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Charizard View Post
    That would be amazing, but Arbok is so iconic since the first season of the anime. Not one of us can say we didn't choose to not sleep in on a Saturday so we could huddle up in front of the television and watch Ash, Brock and Misty fight off Team Rocket's Arbok and Weezing week after week. I would love for an Arbok evolution, but I feel like it would never do it justice.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

What about steel/electric?

Is there any pokmon yet with steel/electric? Sorry if I'm wrong just woked up P:

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    What about steel/electric?

Is there any pokmon yet with steel/electric? Sorry if I'm wrong just woked up P:
    Well... the Magnemite line? <.>

thats the one that comes to mind :P
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    That would be amazing, but Arbok is so iconic since the first season of the anime. Not one of us can say we didn't choose to not sleep in on a Saturday so we could huddle up in front of the television and watch Ash, Brock and Misty fight off Team Rocket's Arbok and Weezing week after week. I would love for an Arbok evolution, but I feel like it would never do it justice.
    i know what you mean. some pokemon need an evolution (like farfetch'd). i mean i know arbok isn't a great pokemon, but everyone who has seen the original series has a certain connection with it. it would probably ruin peoples memories of it, so it's not a great idea. however, i'd rather see pokemon that aren't quite good enough get an evolution.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I feel that if GF wanted to do it, they could make an awesome Arbok evolution. I'd actually prefer and Seviper evolution though for some reason.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

How would you guys feel about SCP-based Pokémon. If any of you have been on the internet long enough, you've probably heard of SCP-173. It's a giant sculpture that looks like some kind of voodoo doll. When one breaks sight with it, it begins to move towards the person. It can only move when you're not looking, and it will snap your neck if you don't get away from it while keeping it in sight.
    Maybe Dark/Normal, Dark/Rock.

SCP-173

Another good one would be SCP-682. This entity is a Hard--To-Kill reptile that adapts to its environment or situation. It is highly negative in attitude. When in the sane room as SCP-173 it is able to grow several eyes to keep watch and keep the sculpture at bay. It is held in a acid tank and is able to resist corrosion and dissolving.
    Dragon/Dark, Dragon, Dragon/Poison

SCP-682
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 17th April 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    How would you guys feel about SCP-based Pokémon. If any of you have been on the internet long enough, you've probably heard of SCP-173. It's a giant sculpture that looks like some kind of voodoo doll. When one breaks sight with it, it begins to move towards the person. It can only move when you're not looking, and it will snap your neck if you don't get away from it while keeping it in sight.

SCP-173

Another good one would be SCP-682. This entity is a Hard--To-Kill reptile that adapts to its environment or situation. It is highly negative in attitude. When in the sane room as SCP-173 it is able to grow several eyes to keep watch and keep the sculpture at bay. It is held in a acid tank and is able to resist corrosion and dissolving.

SCP-682
    The hell? I really like these ideas, especially the first one as it could be classified as the "Watch Pokémon" and have a creepy vibe to it like previous Pokémon such as Litwick, Yamask, Banette, etc.

Well, Mewtwo is iconic....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

SCP-173

SCP-682
    A bit like the weeping angels in doctor who, it be a nice idea but I don't know how it would move in battle if it can only move when not being look at

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yet there is a moth that can spit flames and a mouse that can create electricity
    pokemon is never fully logical have you ever heard of a walking egg?
    They are based on something...on myths and blah blah...there's reason behind their types.But a Bug/Psychic?I just don't see what it could be based on.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

SCP-173

SCP-682
    that is freaky as hell and that would be really cool if it became a pokemon
    i think SCP-173 could be ghost/normal and have abilities like guts, justified, and moxie and be a physical attacker

They are based on something...on myths and blah blah...there's reason behind their types.But a Bug/Psychic?I just don't see what it could be based on.
    is there a reason behind pikachu being able to spark electricity? no there isn't he's just a mouse that can shoot electricity

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Well, Mewtwo is iconic....
    That's what I was just thinking.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Actually...

Spiders.
    :: Rosemary Ellen Guiley says in her Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft, and Wicca that in some traditions of folk magic, a black spider “eaten between two slices of buttered bread” will imbue a witch with great power.

Bees.
    :: In some areas of New England and Appalachia, it was believed that once someone died, it was important for the family to "go tell the bees" of the death. Whoever kept the bees for the family would make sure the bees got the news, so that they could spread it around.
    :: Several deities are associated with bees and honey - Aphrodite, Vishnu, Pan, Cybele, and Ra, just to name a few.
    :: In Celtic mythology, the bee is a messenger between our world and the spirit realm. Bees are also associated with wisdom.
    :: Bees and honey appear in the Norse eddas, often connected with Yggdrasil, the World Tree.

Caterpillar.
    :: We all know that caterpillars morph into butterflies/moth -- and so, it has been associated with any sort of transformative magic and rituals.

Praying Mantis.
    :: An old Arabic folktale tells of the mantis pointing towards Mecca, and early French stories indicate that a lost child could find its way home by following the directions of a praying mantis. Much like a compass, the mantis can be associated with the four cardinal points of a compass.

Water Striders.
    :: They are also called the "Magic Bugs".

I noticed that these can be good candidates for regional bugs.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Actually...

Spiders.
    :: Rosemary Ellen Guiley says in her Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft, and Wicca that in some traditions of folk magic, a black spider “eaten between two slices of buttered bread” will imbue a witch with great power.

Bees.
    :: In some areas of New England and Appalachia, it was believed that once someone died, it was important for the family to "go tell the bees" of the death. Whoever kept the bees for the family would make sure the bees got the news, so that they could spread it around.
    :: Several deities are associated with bees and honey - Aphrodite, Vishnu, Pan, Cybele, and Ra, just to name a few.
    :: In Celtic mythology, the bee is a messenger between our world and the spirit realm. Bees are also associated with wisdom.
    :: Bees and honey appear in the Norse eddas, often connected with Yggdrasil, the World Tree.

Caterpillar.
    :: We all know that caterpillars morph into butterflies/moth -- and so, it has been associated with any sort of transformative magic and rituals.

Praying Mantis.
    :: An old Arabic folktale tells of the mantis pointing towards Mecca, and early French stories indicate that a lost child could find its way home by following the directions of a praying mantis. Much like a compass, the mantis can be associated with the four cardinal points of a compass.

Water Striders.
    :: They are also called the "Magic Bugs".

I noticed that these can be good candidates for regional bugs.
    Ok,thanx...this is what I wanted to hear:REASON.

Also...I'm betting on Sylveon being a Dragon type and having the following stats:

HP 65
    Atk 130
    Def 60
    SpAtk 95
    SpDef 60
    Speed 110

I don't think Sylveon was made to be feminine,but to actually encompass both the masculine and the feminine in its design[the bow and bowtie].And as I said before,it might be the first man-made eeveelution.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Also...I'm betting on Sylveon being a Dragon type and having the following stats:

HP 65
    Atk 130
    Def 60
    SpAtk 95
    SpDef 60
    Speed 110

I don't think Sylveon was made to be feminine,but to actually encompass both the masculine and the feminine in its design[the bow and bowtie].And as I said before,it might be the first man-made eeveelution.
    yes because pikachu needs a reason to shoot electricity
    also why would a dragon eeveelution be manmade?
    plus a dragon type eeveelution is something that i could see as one of the last eeveelutions, but they still have a lot of types to go

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes because pikachu needs a reason to shoot electricity
    also why would a dragon eeveelution be manmade?
    plus a dragon type eeveelution is something that i could see as one of the last eeveelutions, but they still have a lot of types to go
    Sweety pie...why do you have to contradict everything?

Dragon is the last special type left,Sylveon shares its colors with the 3rd gen Dragon type logo.And it'd be man-made because I don't see how could Eeevee evolve into a Dragon type without special help.Another reason is that 6th gen seems to have a lot to do with DNA and things of the sort.For example,Mewtwo,wich is a clone of Mew[cloned by humans] gets a new form...do you see the connections?If not,I don't care that much.Bye bye.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Sweety pie...why do you have to contradict everything?

Dragon is the last special type left,Sylveon shares its colors with the 3rd gen Dragon type logo.And it'd be man-made because I don't see how could Eeevee evolve into a Dragon type without special help.Another reason is that 6th gen seems to have a lot to do with DNA and things of the sort.For example,Mewtwo,wich is a clone of Mew[cloned by humans] gets a new form...do you see the connections?If not,I don't care that much.Bye bye.
    i am not saying dragon is impossible just saying that it isn't as likely considering dragon is a very mythical creature and the rarest and many people here feel it would be one of the last eeveelutions to be made
    and in all honesty i don't think that the color scheme of the 3rd gen dragon logo is any solid evidence as we are 3 gens later and it isn't that color scheme anymore
    what i am getting at is this thing could be any type personally i think it can be flying but there are things that people don't consider solid evidence and it could be anything at this moment as it does not show ANY obvious signs of any type
    also how would a dragon eeveelution be manmade?

Actually, some Pokemon doesn't really have a basis on their types.

For example, Cyndaquil. It is based on echidnas and shrews. There really is no fire-related basis to it, not even a myth, legend, or folklore.
    The fire-related words on its name is basically for emphasis that it's a fire-type.

Same can be said with Joltik and Galvantula.

And the best examples are the electric rodents. IMO, there's really no reason behind their Electric typing.
    They were associated to electricity for the heck of it.

GF can associate any specie with any of the types: they can give us flying earthworms, poisonous koalas, etc...
    Not having basis gives them more freedom, creativity and originality.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 823 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7237738138198208218228238248258268278338739231823 ... LastLast