Page 835 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7357858258318328338348358368378388398458859351835 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,875 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    No kidding..... People, can we move on to other stuff, seriously.
    There's really nothing else to discuss...

:: New Pokemon? We can speculate all day and night but only GF can really say what will be in the Dex.
    :: Cross-gen evos? Pretty much any Pokemon can get those, whether unnecessary or not.
    :: New Formes? Same as above... ^
    :: No. of new Pokemon? Not too broad of a topic. Based on previous discussions, the average is around 100-150.
    :: Prior-Gen Pokemon that could be part of the Regional Dex? See first post of this thread.

Everything else is a wishlist.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    There's really nothing else to discuss...

:: New Pokemon? We can speculate all day and night but only GF can really say what will be in the Dex.
    :: Cross-gen evos? Pretty much any Pokemon can get those, whether unnecessary or not.
    :: New Formes? Same as above... ^
    :: No. of new Pokemon? Not too broad of a topic. Based on previous discussions, the average is around 100-150.
    :: Prior-Gen Pokemon that could be part of the Regional Dex? See first post of this thread.

Everything else is a wishlist.
    The sylveon topic has been argued/speculated to death, when this thread was in the hundreds. Bringing it up again only causes arguments.
    If the point of a thread is speculation, then none of those points are really valid.
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    You said every pokemon that has ever been designed was know about I said otherwise, their will be hundreds if not thousands of pokemon yet to feature in the game, that were either rejected or couldn't fit into the dex. You said the dragon type symbol pallet was "silly" when realistically GF could of designed all of the eeveelutions by gen 2 and have slowly been putting them into games so as not to over load us with all in one go. I simply asked for proof of why the argument was silly, you couldn't provide it. My point still stands.

They didn't tell us with munna, fans worked it out.
    Well in that case consider this
    In case to never noticed, every generation of Pokemon tends to look a little different and the resulting product, Pokemon like Serperior not comparing to venusaurs appearance
    Well that is because back in generation I there were only two people designing the Pokemon
    As of generation II there were four making ideas clash making all the Pokemon look a little different
    By generation V there were something like 17 Pokemon designers so the Pokemon all looking different
    That being said what does this have to do with sylveon?
    Well when you look at sylveon does he look like something that came out of generation III?
    No and that's because the team of designers keeps getting bigger each generation so if sylveon was designed in generation III he would look more along the lines of delcatty and mightyena

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    I would like:

Druddigon evolution maybe Dragon/Steel typing
    Lapars Pre Evo
    Sableye Evo and Mawlie Evo
    Carnivine Evo
    Tauros and Miltank Pre evo
    Skarmory Pre evo to fit in with Mantine
    Heracross Evo or Pre evo not sure which i would like more
    and last a Corsla Evo
    Druddigon pre-evo and evo would be cool. Dragon/Steel sounds overpowered though
    Sableye doesn't sound like it wouldn't benefit much from an evo, but Mawile's stats are poor and really need a raise. Steel/Fighting sounds like a good typing for a Mawile evo.
    Carnivine could definitely use a Speed raise so an evo for that.
    Tauros and Miltank pre-evos sound interesting. What if they had the same pre-evo and it needed to have a higher Attack stat to be Tauros or Higher Defense stat to be Miltank? Similar to Tyrogue and the Hitmon's sixth gen can also bring a third hoofed Pokémon for equal Attack and Defense stats like a ram for example.
    Gender based Heracross evos sound good. Heracles beetles turning into probably a leaf bug as a female and a rhino bug as a male.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    In case to never noticed, every generation of Pokemon tends to look a little different and the resulting product, Pokemon like Serperior not comparing to venusaurs appearance
    Well that is because back in generation I there were only two people designing the Pokemon
    As of generation II there were four making ideas clash making all the Pokemon look a little different
    By generation V there were something like 17 Pokemon designers so the Pokemon all looking different
    Well when you look at sylveon does he look like something that came out of generation III?
    No and that's because the team of designers keeps getting bigger each generation so if sylveon was designed in generation III he would look more along the lines of delcatty and mightyena
    Does Shellos look like anything in Gen III? Because that was meant to be in that game

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Delcatty looks nothing like mightyena. I wouldn't say sylveons design looks overly 3rd gen but I wouldn't say it doesn't. I also pointed out that designs get tweaked and change if it was designed in the 3rd gen there nothing to say it hasn't change slightly the designers will of created a few possible slight variations for each pokemon certain aspects get changed.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Druddigon pre-evo and evo would be cool. Dragon/Steel sounds overpowered though
    Sableye doesn't sound like it wouldn't benefit much from an evo, but Mawile's stats are poor and really need a raise. Steel/Fighting sounds like a good typing for a Mawile evo.
    Carnivine could definitely use a Speed raise so an evo for that.
    Tauros and Miltank pre-evos sound interesting. What if they had the same pre-evo and it needed to have a higher Attack stat to be Tauros or Higher Defense stat to be Miltank? Similar to Tyrogue and the Hitmon's sixth gen can also bring a third hoofed Pokémon for equal Attack and Defense stats like a ram for example.
    Gender based Heracross evos sound good. Heracles beetles turning into probably a leaf bug as a female and a rhino bug as a male.
    I agree with everything except for the leaf bug thing, the steel fighting, and the steel dragon. He should be rock dragon.

Does Shellos look like anything in Gen III? Because that was meant to be in that game
    Yes actually
    His design reminds me of luvdisc

Ask me stupid stuff

With regards to the new 'Dex size, (Here, I'm talking about amount of new Pokemon introduce) what rough ball-park figure do people think?

We've had 151, 100, 135, 107 and 156 added in each gen. Averaging out just under 130 (hoping my mental maths is right, it's been a while) introduced in each gen.

People usually point out that even-numbered generations usually contain fewer new Pokémon, but I would like to ask something... Is this really a pattern? We've had two even-numbered generations to date, and yes, they have had the smaller 'dexes, but could this not just be coincidence? I just think two occurrences isn't enough to claim that a pattern has been made. Perhaps if gen VI has a smaller dex, I might be able to agree with general consensus.

Another look at numbers: We've had 50 cross-generational evolutions, whether those be pre- or not. 19 in Gen II, 2 in Gen III and 29 in IV. Obviously none in Gen I, nor V (which kinda makes sense, it is a ~reboot~ after all). So, if there is indeed a pattern, even-numbered generations has offered us on average 24 cross-generational evolutions.

Anybody up for naming their 24? I might tag along if it gains a bit of momentum.

And finally, I'd like the Dex to include as many new Pokémon as possible, as long as their designs are still fresh. Maybe even a generation as large as the previous one, so around 150 or so, but including cross-gen evos. 151 would make it up to 800. That's a nice round number.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Maybe luvdisc is an alt prevo for shellos and alomomola a alt evo.

Shellos is the missing link!

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    I agree with everything except for the leaf bug thing, the steel fighting, and the steel dragon. He should be rock dragon.
    So should Heracross just evolve into a bigger rhino bug then?
    What would be a good typing for a Mawild evo?
    Rock/Dragon would be new and refreshing, so we'll go with that.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    So should Heracross just evolve into a bigger rhino bug then?
    What would be a good typing for a Mawild evo?
    Rock/Dragon would be new and refreshing, so we'll go with that.
    Yes, just a bigger one, Maybe a goliath thats different colors.
    Mawhile seems more like a ghost/dark type, than a fighting type.

I dont think they've ever cared about having 'even' dex numbers. We've had dexes ending at 151, 251, and 649 (dont remember the totals after gens 3 and 4), so I dont think they ever cared about having a nice even number in the end. I'm thinking we'll see somewhere between 110-120, ending us somewhere between 759-769. It would be nice to see higher; especially if we saw a "Luck" pokemon or something at 777.

Yes actually
    His design reminds me of luvdisc
    Okay then, Munna doesn't look like it's from the first generation

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Okay then, Munna doesn't look like it's from the first generation
    He reminds me of sandshrew
    Next

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    So, if there is indeed a pattern, even-numbered generations has offered us on average 24 cross-generational evolutions.

Anybody up for naming their 24? I might tag along if it gains a bit of momentum.
    I'll give it a go, sure. Bear in mind this is a cross between ones I think will actually happen, and ones I just really want to happen.

1. Tauros/Miltank evo (evolves into T if male, M if female)
    2. Basculin evo
    3. Kangaskhan pre
    4. Torkoal evo
    5. Zangoose pre
    6. Seviper pre
    7. Skarmory pre
    8. Lapras pre
    9. Delibird evo
    10. Farfetch'd evo
    11. Pinsir sideways evo? (like Scyther > Scizor)
    12. Girafarig pre
    13. Qwilfish evo
    14. Heracross sideways evo?
    15. Corsola evo
    16. Smeargle evo
    17. Sableye evo
    18. Mawile evo
    19. Plusle/Minun evo (possibly the same)
    20. Tropius pre
    21. Absol pre
    22. Sigilyph pre
    23. Bouffalant pre
    24. Beartic evo! PLEASE

I reckon Gen VI will have a reasonably small Regional Pokedex - there's so many changes that I reckon sheer volume of Pokémon will be sacrificed slightly. I reckon 100-120 new ones - with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if only half or so of the above happened.

So I was just reviewing the in-game footage of Awakened Mewtwo and I just had a thought and I don't think it's plausible BUT hear me out.
    In the clip, Mewtwo uses moves that look like Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, maybe Focus Blast and Psycho Cut. So basically moves of a lot of different types, which isn't uncommon for a lot of types like Psychic and Normal and of course Mew.
    And then we have Sylveon, whose type we obviously cannot determine (though I'm with Bug, Cosmic or Normal but staunchly against Flying).
    So what IF there is a new type but it's like, let's say, an Omni type, Pokemon that don't fit into any one type. They can be rarer than Dragons. There wouldn't be Omni moves necessarily, just Pokemon that can learn moves of all types. I don't know how weaknesses and resistance would work, but if done right it could be neat?
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    So I was just reviewing the in-game footage of Awakened Mewtwo and I just had a thought and I don't think it's plausible BUT hear me out.
    In the clip, Mewtwo uses moves that look like Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, maybe Focus Blast and Psycho Cut. So basically moves of a lot of different types, which isn't uncommon for a lot of types like Psychic and Normal and of course Mew.
    And then we have Sylveon, whose type we obviously cannot determine (though I'm with Bug, Cosmic or Normal but staunchly against Flying).
    So what IF there is a new type but it's like, let's say, an Omni type, Pokemon that don't fit into any one type. They can be rarer than Dragons. There wouldn't be Omni moves necessarily, just Pokemon that can learn moves of all types. I don't know how weaknesses and resistance would work, but if done right it could be neat?
    Well all of the moves that sylveon used were all moves that eevee can learn

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    I'll give it a go, sure. Bear in mind this is a cross between ones I think will actually happen, and ones I just really want to happen.

1. Tauros/Miltank evo (evolves into T if male, M if female)
    2. Basculin evo
    3. Kangaskhan pre
    4. Torkoal evo
    5. Zangoose pre
    6. Seviper pre
    7. Skarmory pre
    8. Lapras pre
    9. Delibird evo
    10. Farfetch'd evo
    11. Pinsir sideways evo? (like Scyther > Scizor)
    12. Girafarig pre
    13. Qwilfish evo
    14. Heracross sideways evo?
    15. Corsola evo
    16. Smeargle evo
    17. Sableye evo
    18. Mawile evo
    19. Plusle/Minun evo (possibly the same)
    20. Tropius pre
    21. Absol pre
    22. Sigilyph pre
    23. Bouffalant pre
    24. Beartic evo! PLEASE

I reckon Gen VI will have a reasonably small Regional Pokedex - there's so many changes that I reckon sheer volume of Pokémon will be sacrificed slightly. I reckon 100-120 new ones - with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if only half or so of the above happened.
    Man, I want a beartic evo! I like beartic more, but putting him closer to ursaring would be good. I hate how the argument over them doesn't give beartic a chance.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    Instead of making Omni type they would properly just give it the ability Multitype and a means to change it type like the plates

Next
    I don't think he looks anything like Sandshrew, Throh and Sawk as you said

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Man, I want a beartic evo! I like beartic more, but putting him closer to ursaring would be good. I hate how the argument over them doesn't give beartic a chance.
    Damn right! Polar bears are my favourite animals, I hate how Beartic was made weaker than Ursaring, and with a pathetic defensive type also.

My idea for Beartic's evo would be to extend his ice beard around to form like a Pharaoh's headdress, made of ice (blue stripes not necessary). He'd be wider at the shoulder than Beartic, maybe with ice crystals on his knuckles/chest to symbolise his emperor status.

Ice/Fighting, called Polaraoh. I meant to draw him a while back but never got round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtqc View Post
    I believe Light, Cosmic, Sound, Love, and Fairy are the hopes for new typing.

The reason I'm against it is just because all of those things are covered by both Normal and Psychic, to me anyway. But with Mewtwo's new form, which I sincerely thought they wouldn't even touch, I don't know what to expect.
    You forgot the: chocolate,pie,stupid and irritating types.
    I guess we will get that types too...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Next
    Me too. I've always thought that pink, sleeping pig looked like that golden brown armadillo.
    Lol, moron.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Me too. I've always thought that pink, sleeping pig looked like that golden brown armadillo.
    Lol, moron.
    I can see a resemblance in general shape, but yeah not a lot else.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Lol, moron.
    Thank you.

Also can i point out that pokemon get changes throughout their development. Maybe when quoting a page you should check it first http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...and_characters, Sylveons design may have been first designed in Gen III and then has been changed over time to fit in with the new region

Page 835 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7357858258318328338348358368378388398458859351835 ... LastLast