Page 843 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7437938338398408418428438448458468478538939431843 ... LastLast
Results 21,051 to 21,075 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

The worst thing that comes to mind is Poison getting cut and all Poison types are turned into different types. Because unless new poison moves prove to help with lacking defenses and new Poison types have better HP and Defenses, then GameFreak will have to consider taking an unwanted drastic measure like removing the type. It's highly unlikely any type would get cut, but that's now. If the series prevails for another few generation, Poison may be lost.

Looking to be Tutored in Competitive Teambuilding and Strategy

A Fun Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    i often wonder why no poison type exists with a scrappy like ability that would at least help it slightly.
    That could be a bit useful, since Steel-types cause Poison-types trouble. Then again, that could be said for the other types that can't touch certain other types (Poison, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Psychic, and Ghost).
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    The worst thing that comes to mind is Poison getting cut and all Poison types are turned into different types. Because unless new poison moves prove to help with lacking defenses and new Poison types have better HP and Defenses, then GameFreak will have to consider taking an unwanted drastic measure like removing the type. It's highly unlikely any type would get cut, but that's now. If the series prevails for another few generation, Poison may be lost.
    That's a fair point, although I don't think Poison-types will be lost. I do think that they should try and help Poison-types to stand out a bit more. Whether they give new Poison-types awesome abilities, better moves, better stats, or new effects, they should try and make Poison more interesting. I honestly have a bad opinion of Poison-types by themselves, so seeing GameFreak change that is more than welcome.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:

I think poison types aren't meant to be strong.. they're meant to be tricky, like used to poison the enemy and then deal average amounts of damage alongside the poison.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Yeah, but a Komodo Dragon was speculated in fifth gen spec threads, and we didn't get one. Komodo dragons as Poison/Dragons for this gen are overdiscussed and it's become really boring to talk about. Poison needs less non-animal Pokémon (Muk line, Garbodor line) and less Bugs to go with it.
    Anyone heard of the SCP entity that is an acidic man and can pass through walls with its corrosive qualities? That's definitely a good option for a pure Poison or Poison/Normal type.
    No, I haven't heard of that entity. That sounds pretty unique.

I like many Poison types for their looks, but their stats, not so much. But, few Poisons actually have decent type coverage, but often don't have the stats to back it up (Arbok). In my opinion, Poison types usually get the shaft when it comes to stats and movepools. They have a ton of moves that have chances to poison the opposing Pokémon, but are often overshadowed by about every other Pokémon via Toxic. It's a shame, really, but at least they have the awesome designs to make me use them.

Poison Scrappy ability: Corrosion
    Allows Poison moves to hit a Steel type. Rock, Ground, and Ghost types receive 1x damage rather than 1/2x damage.
    This would help with Ferrothorn, but it may not be enough to help the type as a whole.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 19th April 2013 at 11:24 PM.

A Fun Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I tihnk poison types aren't meant to be strong.. they're meant to be tricky, like used to poison the enemy and then deal average amounts of damage alongside the poison.
    Exactly, 100% agree with you. Toxic, Sludge Bomb/Poison Jab, Will-O-Wisp (if you're Weezing), and you're good to go! There supposed to be tricky to deal with, and be as annoying as possible.

Allows Poison moves to hit a Steel type. Rock, Ground, and Ghost types receive 1x damage rather than 1/2x damage.
    This would help with Ferrothorn, but it may not be enough to help the type as a whole.
    That sounds a bit too OP... basically making nothing weak to poison? Then you can get gunk shot with stab from a toxicroak.. BAM.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

I do like the idea (and name), but that could be a bit broken to give such a boost to the moves, since it turns Poison into an almost absolute neutral coverage type. I would say that if they used this ability specifically, they would have to give it to a legendary Poison-type and no one else, since it's a bit broken. The idea is not bad, however.

Started by jesusfreak94:

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    I do like the idea (and name), but that could be a bit broken to give such a boost to the moves, since it turns Poison into an almost absolute neutral coverage type. I would say that if they used this ability specifically, they would have to give it to a legendary Poison-type and no one else, since it's a bit broken. The idea is not bad, however.
    Yeah, maybe just give it to new Poison type with decent speed and it could be BL. And probably some past gen Poison type with good Defenses as its Hidden Ability.

Also, I found out the name for the SCP. It's called SCP-106- The Old Man
    Here's the Picture for those who want to see it:
        Spoiler:- Old Man SCP:

Sorry if it took away your soul.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 19th April 2013 at 11:29 PM.

A Fun Place!

Holy sweet baby jesus.

On the ability for Poison-types, it might just be good enough to do like Scrappy and just let Poison-type moves hit Steel-types. That would be much less broken and it could be distributed a bit more.

Started by jesusfreak94:

Holy sweet baby jesus.
    I do apologize. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by FurretMaster View Post
    On the ability for Poison-types, it might just be good enough to do like Scrappy and just let Poison-type moves hit Steel-types. That would be much less broken and it could be distributed a bit more.
    Yeah, I guess that's enough for Poison types to get their revenge on Ferrothorn.

A Fun Place!

Could possibly see a fire/poison torkoal evolution? With it having chimneys protruding from its shell, spewing out smoke. (air pollution)

However it may be too similar in design to camerupt, but I'm sure it could work.

Would also be the first fire/poison type!

Could possibly see a fire/poison torkoal evolution? With it having chimneys protruding from its shell, spewing out smoke. (air pollution)

However it may be too similar in design to camerupt, but I'm sure it could work.

Interesting concept, actually. Quite weak to Ground, but if the concept works, that works well.

Started by jesusfreak94:

Well if the chimneys were made out of black bricks, then it's not too close to Camerupt. Also its evo should snort out black smoke more.
    Fire/Poison seems reasonable except it would get raped by Tyranitar, Excadrill, and other faster ground and rock types.

However if we had a Fire/Poison type that's really, really, really fast, then maybe we can past Dugtrio and Physical Lucario.

Also, thank you, Regality, for getting my mind off of that SCP.

A Fun Place!

Bit off topic from the poison type ideas, but..

Frog-related pokemon: Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Politoad, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Froakie
    And we can assume Froakie's evolutions will also be frogs..
    (Maybe also include the bulbasaur line, as they have some similarities to frogs/toads)

But please, no more.
    I like them, really I do, but just stop.

Bit off topic from the poison type ideas, but..

Frog-related pokemon: Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Politoad, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Froakie
    And we can assume Froakie's evolutions will also be frogs..
    (Maybe also include the bulbasaur line, as they have some similarities to frogs/toads)

But please, no more.
    I like them, really I do, but just stop.
    Well if you saw on the Starter Speculation, Nacreous and I were debating about Froakie evolving into a Salamander dragon that is Water/Electric and no longer a frog.

A Fun Place!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    It might be because I like Poison Type Pokemon, I almost always have a Poison Pokemon on any team. It also means that I use weak Pokemon, and I make them strong.
    With this, if we had a strong Poison Pokemon, it would way overrated. It would everywhere in OU. I know that lots of people think there weak, but I don't.

EDIT: Ex. I had a Skuntank in Diamond once, defeated Spiritomb and Milotic (Cynthia's).
    Well it's nice if you don't think they're weak and are using them well, but not wanting a strong generally usable poison type (usable enough to go OU!) because it would be "overrated" is kind of dumb

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Well it's nice if you don't think they're weak and are using them well, but not wanting a strong generally usable poison type (usable enough to go OU!) because it would be "overrated" is kind of dumb
    What about you, R_N? What do you think of Poison types?
    Do you think pure Poison types could be strong or do you think they can only stay viable with the combination with another type?

A Fun Place!

What about you, R_N? What do you think of Poison types?
    Do you think pure Poison types could be strong or do you think they can only stay viable with the combination with another type?
    I think they're neat (especially design wise), but flawed (especially stat wise).
    Pure Poison's biggest issue is that Poison, offensively, is about on par with Normal so your stab isn't fantastic. At least secondary typings give additional resistences and stabs and utility

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I think they're neat (especially design wise), but flawed (especially stat wise).
    Pure Poison's biggest issue is that Poison, offensively, is about on par with Normal so your stab isn't fantastic. At least secondary typings give additional resistences and stabs and utility
    Agreed, the only reason Tentacruel and Toxicroak are in OU (besides stat-wise) is because of their second STABs which are versatilitally strong. Fire/Poison would be strong if it had really good speed and good physical/special offense.

A Fun Place!

They should really make poison SE on Water and Fighting... please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

They could release a counter part chimney sweep Pokémon too! It could be a poison type and appear to be very sick. Torkoal could evolve in some way that involves this new Asbestosmon.
    Favorite Pokémon!

I just saw this on Google (I don't know if someone saw it yet).
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...71978118_n.png
    A simple butterfly or a Pokémon ? Animals aren't in games naturally...
    What do you guys think ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Page 843 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7437938338398408418428438448458468478538939431843 ... LastLast