Page 859 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7598098498558568578588598608618628638699099591859 ... LastLast
Results 21,451 to 21,475 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Ohhh, you know what Misdreavus and Mismagius would be a good fit, I forgot on what they were based on.
    Wouldn't that make them a Ghost/Fairy. I kinda think that Fairy and Ghost would be kinda conflicting abit.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Ohhh, you know what Misdreavus and Mismagius would be a good fit, I forgot on what they were based on.
    also not to mention that mawile, a member of the fairy egg group is based off of a two headed witch fairy
    also glalie is based on an evil spirit known as oni
    froslass is based on an ice spirit called Yuki-onna
    also whimsicott may draw background from a saci which is a spirit that creates "dust devils" and can also lay curses on crops

all of these are fairies and based on evil spirits

EDIT: also not to mention that mespirit, azelf, and uxie are based on pixies which are also mischievous fairies
    so yes we do have many fairies based on more evil things not just soft little creatures
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 22nd April 2013 at 6:54 AM.

About the Fairy thing the guy that spoiled us was Pokeexperto MELKOR not Hirobyte or wtv he is called, Melkor was the one who spoiled us the dex, still not believing, specially due to giving the typing to Xerneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    About the Fairy thing the guy that spoiled us was Pokeexperto MELKOR not Hirobyte or wtv he is called, Melkor was the one who spoiled us the dex, still not believing, specially due to giving the typing to Xerneas.
    Actually, if this rumor is true, then Xerneas's typing could possibly come from the four stags of Norse mythology since they're mythical/magical creatures, as well as Oberon King of the FAIRIES from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I would honestly take the whole rumour with a grain of salt. I do not believe it is true one bit but to be reasonable I will say maybe a 10% chance.

could you post a link please because i have been searching the internet and nothing about it has come up :/
    also yeah i do not think that he is correct either way because hirobyte has contradicted himself anyways
    originally he "confirmed" that sylveon was flying and now he's saying he's fairy? i call shananigans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Actually, if this rumor is true, then Xerneas's typing could possibly come from the four stags of Norse mythology since they're mythical/magical creatures, as well as Oberon King of the FAIRIES from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
    Arceus is a mythical/mystical creature being based on centaurs and qilins
    i don't see how this is supposed to mean he is fairy type
    xerneas being fairy makes the least amount of sense to me

Time to toss in my 2 cents... The only reason we would ever get a fairy or light type would be to even up the type charts a little, I could see it as:

SE against: dark, dragon, ghost, electric
    Weak against: poison, steel, fighting, grass

On a different note, I'd like to see celfairy, snorunt and cacnea lines return in the national dex
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

I wouldnt mind snorunt

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Time to toss in my 2 cents... The only reason we would ever get a fairy or light type would be to even up the type charts a little, I could see it as:

SE against: dark, dragon, ghost, electric
    Weak against: poison, steel, fighting, grass

On a different note, I'd like to see celfairy, snorunt and cacnea lines return in the national dex
    i do not see how any of those type matchups work
    really the only ones that make sense there is grass and poison
    in all honesty, new types isn't something i really want but i wouldn't complain as long as the matchups make sense
    only problem with light, is that none of the type matchups i have seen make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I wouldnt mind snorunt
    Yeah, I had fun using it in hoenn, and I kinda quit halfway through diamond, so I never got to use frosslass, but hopefully it returns to lemme give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i do not see how any of those type matchups work
    really the only ones that make sense there is grass and poison
    in all honesty, new types isn't something i really want but i wouldn't complain as long as the matchups make sense
    only problem with light, is that none of the type matchups i have seen make any sense
    Dragons and electric pokemon have hardly any weaknesses, grass and poison need upgrades, it's obvious a light/dark connection would exist if both types existed, but argueable whether light beats dark, dark beats light, both have advantages...
    The rest are added just to give them an extra boost.
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Dragons and electric pokemon have hardly any weaknesses, grass and poison need upgrades, it's obvious a light/dark connection would exist if both types existed, but argueable whether light beats dark, dark beats light, both have advantages...
    The rest are added just to give them an extra boost.
    well so does water
    and those pokemon have reason that they don't have that many weaknesses also that is redundant anyways because the matchups don't make any sense really
    and this: "it's obvious a light/dark connection would exist" is the reason i do not like light as a type because that role is already filled and light really was only speculated as a result of dark existing and like i said, it's counterpart already exists through fighting
    as i said sure there can be new types, but their matchups have to make sense which is the main reason i do not think light type will exist because the sensible matchups just do not exist

Poison definitely need to be buffed..i honestly think Poison should be very effective against Fighting..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Poison definitely need to be buffed..i honestly think Poison should be very effective against Fighting..
    that's what i was thinking as well either that or against water both would make sense

that's what i was thinking as well either that or against water both would make sense
    That or Normal...i would like to see a lot of balancing in 6th gen..personally Grass would be super effective against another type

Hmm..i heard about the fairy type..seems interesting and could be legit but it could also be fake..if we do get a Fairy Type..what type would it be good/bad against..Personally Good: Dark, Psychic, Poison,Fighting Bad: Ghost,Ice, Grass, Steel
    Last edited by Wulava; 22nd April 2013 at 9:48 AM. Reason: Doule-post

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Exactly! And what would Fairy type even resist/have an advantage over?

To me, it's a load of Bologna.

And, I'm sticking to Sylveon being Dragon. I noticed, one of the moves it used was a teal-green color- the same color used for Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail in the anime. But, hey, a Dragon-type Sylveon seems more realistic than a Fairy-type Sylveon, IMO.
    Well...fairies were weak to iron.So,being Weak to Steel is a posibility.Also,being weak to Poison would increase the usefulness of Poison types and their moves.Also,"fairy" doesn't just mean little creatures with wings...it contains a lot of "subspecies" like elves,demons,goblins,fairies that are human like and each have different "species" that focus on an element or on something else.All of Sylveon's names suggest that it could have this Fairy type.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Well...fairies were weak to iron.
    Nope, never heard of it. A very obscure link.

So,being Weak to Steel is a posibility.
    Steel has little offensive benefits to balance out its highly defensive value. If fairy can be weak to Steel I think Grass have a more plausible weakness to it.

Also,being weak to Poison would increase the usefulness of Poison types and their moves.
    From the viewpoint of solely to boost the usefulness of Poison while giving Fairy yet another 'link', yes. But again, technically speaking anything that's alive can be poisoned, but to be weak to poison probably requires something more organic. I always thought that if there was ever a weakness to Poison, it'll be Grass and/or Bug.

Also,"fairy" doesn't just mean little creatures with wings...it contains a lot of "subspecies" like elves,demons,goblins,fairies that are human like and each have different "species" that focus on an element or on something else.All of Sylveon's names suggest that it could have this Fairy type.
    I personally find that Game Freak uses more...simple and direct concepts and classification. Basically, if it's something Wiki doesn't mention, I don't think GF would go all out to break away from the norm. The broad classification for those you've mentioned would be mythical creatures.

Why do I have a feeling that if this fairy typing rumor is true, the relationship it shares with other typing would give me the "that doesn't really make sense and just exists for the sake of existing..." vibe?
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 22nd April 2013 at 10:34 AM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post

Steel has little offensive benefits to balance out its highly defensive value. If fairy can be weak to Steel I think Grass have a more plausible weakness to it.

From the viewpoint of solely to boost the usefulness of Poison while giving Fairy yet another 'link', yes. But again, technically speaking anything that's alive can be poisoned, but to be weak to poison probably requires something more organic. I always thought that if there was ever a weakness to Poison, it'll be Grass and/or Bug.

I personally find that Game Freak uses more...simple and direct concepts and classification. Basically, if it's something Wiki doesn't mention, I don't think GF would go all out to break away from the norm. The broad classification for those you've mentioned would be mythical creatures.

Why do I have a feeling that if this fairy typing rumor is true, the relationship it shares with other typing would give me the "that doesn't really make sense and just exists for the sake of existing..." vibe?
    From Wikipedia:

Cold iron

Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron, like silver, could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other allegedly malevolent supernatural creatures.

Francis Grose's 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue defines cold iron as "A sword, or any other weapon for cutting or stabbing." This usage often appears as "cold steel" in modern parlance.

"Cold iron" is sometimes asserted to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures. This belief continued into later superstitions in a number of forms:

Nailing an iron horseshoe to a door was said to repel evil spirits or later, to bring good luck.
    Surrounding a cemetery with an iron fence was thought to contain the souls of the dead.
    Burying an iron knife under the entrance to one's home was alleged to keep witches from entering.

In his novel Redgauntlet, the Scottish author Sir Walter Scott wrote, "Your wife's a witch, man; you should nail a horse-shoe on your chamber-door."

Rudyard Kipling's poem "Cold Iron", found in his 1910 collection of stories Rewards and Fairies, used the term poetically to mean "weapon".
    Faeries and iron

Iron, particularly "cold iron", was employed as a protective substance or charm against faeries. In various folklores, supernatural creatures are held to hold an aversion to iron or even be harmed by the touch of iron. Conversely, amongst Asian traditions, there are tales of ironworking fairies.
    It's like a universal thing...everyone knows it...faeries are weak to iron and lemons.

Also,a new,Fairy or Faerie type would fit with the whole Norse theme we have this gen.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 22nd April 2013 at 10:38 AM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

From Wikipedia:
    I was referring more to the inclusion of goblins, demons etc when you talk about "fairy". The general gaming community would to unlikely to accept that, especially when you're trying to explain to kids that goblins are 'fairies'.

And notice how cold iron is a "poetic and archaic term"? I would expect a Fairy type move to be not effective against Steel, as is with Ghost/Psychic, purely due to maintain Steel's defensive edge. And even in that Wiki paragraph cold iron is meant to ward off ghost, fairies etc., which is another reason to be defensive against these. But for steel to be on the offensive and become SE against Fairy? That deviates from the purpose of Steel type and the meaning of 'cold iron'.

And... no single type shares a perfectly neutral relationship with Steel, either offensive or defensive wise. Having something to do with Steel is kind of a given, really.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 22nd April 2013 at 10:51 AM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

It's like a universal thing...everyone knows it...faeries are weak to iron and lemons
    I didn't discover this until I read the sookie stackhouse novels (the books that inspired true blood aka the souther vampire mysteries)

But yeah it's true fairies represent nature and are weak to iron as it represent man made objects and the loss of nature and magic etc

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I didn't discover this until I read the sookie stackhouse novels (the books that inspired true blood aka the souther vampire mysteries)

But yeah it's true fairies represent nature and are weak to iron as it represent man made objects and the loss of nature and magic etc
    Would Fairies also be weak to Poison then? Pollution should be able to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Would Fairies also be weak to Poison then? Pollution should be able to kill them.
    Yes,I imagine they would be weak to Poison and this way,finally...the types would be balanced.People who say that the curent tyoes are balanced are mistaken.By the clear over usage of Fighting,Steel,Water,Ground and Dragon types you can clearly see that the type chart is terribly unbalanced.By making Poison[wich is a great defensive type] super effective on something other than Grass,it would increase the usage,and by decreasing Stealth Rock's damage to Flying,Bug,Ice and Fire types,it would increase the usage of other pkmn who are perfectly fine,but can't function because of ONE move.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 22nd April 2013 at 12:54 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Arceus is a mythical/mystical creature being based on centaurs and qilins
    i don't see how this is supposed to mean he is fairy type
    xerneas being fairy makes the least amount of sense to me
    Same. Here's the thing, almost all Dragon, Ghost, and Bug type pokemon look like dragons, ghosts, and bugs. If we're getting a Fairy type, it would likely just affect the most "fairy-like" pokemon. Xerneas's and Yveltal's types are probably being kept a secret because GF knows their types aren't completely obvious to up right now. They've probably been getting a kick out of this since BW(Possibly since DP, I don't recall if Dialga's and Palkia's types were revealed right away). I'm sure when we get more information it will all make sense, even if it wasn't what you had hoped for.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

New Fairy type is a possibility?

First one I find better look like this, mun: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...Nb7vc-hco5dmSQ

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I really hope they give Poison more advantages in Gen 6..they are so underused

Well...fairies were weak to iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    I think this comes from the TV series Gargoyles since Oberon (King of the Fairies) was one of the antagonists & he was weak against iron since his magic-or his children's- couldn't penetrate it
    (Note: All of the children of Oberon from Gargoyles were either real myths around the world such as Odin and the Banshee, or they were at least based on them. Oberon is in fact a well known character from medieval & Renaissance literature, so it wouldn't surprise me if they used Oberon as a reference if they did create a Fairy type or if Game Freak did create a pokémon based on him. *I'm looking at you Xerneas)

When you think about, Steel could still be SE against Fairy since magic couldn't penetrate a thick coat of iron or titanium anyway, plus it'd be related to the whole science vs magic theory.

I also think a Fairy type could be weak against Electric types for two reasons:
    1. When you think of fairies you almost immediately imagine little people with insect wings, so it would make sense if they would be attracted to a bug zapper and get electrocuted
    2. Looking back at the Eeveeloution chart from the X & Y website, you can see that each of the eight eeveeloutions are parallel to a type they're weak against. Since Sylveon is parallel to Jolteon, it could hint that Fairy types are weak against Electric types

I still agree with what Yveltal96 said about how he wouldn't mind a Fairy type if it's typing made sense, so I can't say anything about what it'd be super effective against since I'm sure what types they could beat (especially regarding Dark types since they could go either way). However, if Fairy types do exist, I'm going to bet that they'll be weak against Poison, Electric, and Steel types
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 22nd April 2013 at 2:19 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Page 859 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7598098498558568578588598608618628638699099591859 ... LastLast