Page 891 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7918418818878888898908918928938948959019419911891 ... LastLast
Results 22,251 to 22,275 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

If Gamefreak deems it controversial, it's almost a given that it won't be made into an official Pokémon. Although I would like to see another sheep Pokémon, maybe a ghostly sheep this time.

why is the sheep so controversial?
    i don't understand

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post
    I don't understand the controversy, since Mewtwo is a clone. There must be more to the story than that.

What if it was a pokemon that is a cloned human? That would be controversial, a sheep wouldn't be.
    The "more to the story" you're referring to is that this Pokemon referred to an ACTUAL clone that was created in the real world. Mewtwo was just some random thing they created. It didn't refer to any sort of real-life situation other than cloning itself, but there was an actual sheep that was cloned that this Pokemon is referring to. Besides, I've heard a lot of stuff, that I think sounds pretty realistic, but might not be completely true, about Mewtwo having driven a lot of religious people to hating Pokemon in the first gen.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Is speculation time!! xD

Hey guys remember back in 2011 when Masuda and Sugimori reveal they rejected a design for a pokemon based on Dolly (the first goat clone)....[it was for Black and White,right?]

But now we got XY...which is hinted to be based on genetic (Based on the DNA in the Japanese logos) so maybe this time around we get the Dolly based mon...maybe has a legendary pokemon!!
    Dolly was a Sheep... not a Goat (different animal)

It was a good idea but I doubt it will make it into the game as it was too controversial and tbf will most likely be still as it was only 10 years ago dolly died and things are getting more PC in todays society.

but the ideas that came from Dolly could make it into the game we may have a scientist looking at using some form of cloning to bring back extinct pokemon or even save endangered pokemon but in reality I doubt we will see another cloned Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post
    I don't understand the controversy, since Mewtwo is a clone. There must be more to the story than that.

What if it was a pokemon that is a cloned human? That would be controversial, a sheep wouldn't be.
    ingame it was never refered to as being a clone as Mew 'gave birth' to mewtwo
    Last edited by gpt11; 27th April 2013 at 1:41 AM.

Is speculation time!! xD

Hey guys remember back in 2011 when Masuda and Sugimori reveal they rejected a design for a pokemon based on Dolly (the first goat clone)....[it was for Black and White,right?]

But now we got XY...which is hinted to be based on genetic (Based on the DNA in the Japanese logos) so maybe this time around we get the Dolly based mon...maybe has a legendary pokemon!!
    Well... it was rejected for being controversial, and I don't think it's any less controversial now than it was back in the day.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well... it was rejected for being controversial, and I don't think it's any less controversial now than it was back in the day.
    wait what is so controversial about a pokemon based on a clone sheep exactly?

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the controversy was cloning, in general.
    Dolly was the first successful clone of a mammal

I'm guessing that the actual design of the Pokemon probably had controversial imagery

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Lots of people were against cloning the sheep and it was quite a controversial topic.
    Even though its been a while GameFreak seems really against doing anything controversial. Take Porygon for instance, it and its evolutions haven't made an appearance in the anime since the whole seizure incident in Japan, except for a brief appearance in The World Of Pokemon opening of one of the films.

I don't think Kadabra has either because of the Uri Geller law suit.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Lots of people were against cloning the sheep and it was quite a controversial topic.
    Even though its been a while GameFreak seems really against doing anything controversial. Take Porygon for instance, it and its evolutions haven't made an appearance in the anime since the whole seizure incident in Japan, except for a brief appearance in The World Of Pokemon opening of one of the films.

Yeah, but Gamefreak doesnt have anything to do with the anime. Since the Porygon episode has aired, they may not have included him in any further episodes, but he's gotten 2 more evolutions. he wasn't forgotten by Gamefreak.

As for the Dolly thing, it was a little controversial just for some. it really wasn't seen as that big a deal.

And what's this Uri gellar thing?

I would love if sylveon actually was a Fairy type. It could get magic guard as a trait, and be a bulky pokemon, with 130 spdef, 95 def and 110 hp.
    Was that rumour of fairy type denied or confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    I would love if sylveon actually was a Fairy type. It could get magic guard as a trait, and be a bulky pokemon, with 130 spdef, 95 def and 110 hp.
    Was that rumour of fairy type denied or confirmed?
    Neither, albeit Fairy doesn't seem very good typing choice, and since GF hasn't actually said ANYTHING about it, it's most likely fake.

Rumors are Rumors, and nearly all of them are fake.

Wouldnt they say that its a fake if it was fake?

Wasn't a Porygon or Porgon2 featured in one of the early matches of one of the Leagues against Ash? I know it hasn't been featured in anything big, but I seem to remember one used in a league match.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Wouldnt they say that its a fake if it was fake?
    No, ey wouldn't the reason they don't is because it's basically fuel for hype, they've done this stuff before (loads in DP actually).

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Wasn't a Porygon or Porgon2 featured in one of the early matches of one of the Leagues against Ash? I know it hasn't been featured in anything big, but I seem to remember one used in a league match.
    Not that I know, although it was in every Pokémon Movie until I think Hoenn, where it was in the title.

One of them was also in a Movie.

I kinda hate they blamed Porygon, since Pika is e reason it all happened.

Pory should be used by some Random Tariner in the Anime, and then slowly start getting bigger roles.

The dolly based mon was supposed to be in GSC so who knows if could add it to a future generation

Gorillaimo was created for Gen 1 but he debuted in Gen 3 (named Slaking)
    And Gastrodon was created for Gen 3 and he debuted in Gen 4

In other notes did anyone noticed that the native electric types in the last two gens were based on animals found in africa?

Luxray (lion), Zebstrika (Zebra), so maybe this gen will get a Elephant, Rhino or Giraffe? My money is on the Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post

ah i remember those last two thanks

Ask me stupid stuff

I don't think Gamefreak needs to dispel every single rumor. Using that logic, Sound and Magic are also real types.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    Yeah, but Gamefreak doesnt have anything to do with the anime. Since the Porygon episode has aired, they may not have included him in any further episodes, but he's gotten 2 more evolutions. he wasn't forgotten by Gamefreak.

As for the Dolly thing, it was a little controversial just for some. it really wasn't seen as that big a deal.

And what's this Uri gellar thing?
    Uri Geller was a popular pseudo-psychic who was famous for his spoon bending trick.

Just like the rest of Abra's line, Kadabra's Japanese name was based on a famous magician, for Kadabra it's Yungerer(when actually pronounced it sounds similar to Urie Geller). Eventually one of Geller's fans asked him to sign their Dark Kadabra Pokémon card. Geller thought that Kadabra was ripping off his image and that the card protrayed him in a bad light. He soon filed a suit against Nintendo
    Last edited by Elnava; 27th April 2013 at 3:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Ignore this

Karp Karp Karp
    You have an edit button
    One that allows you to delete posts

Use it.

In other notes did anyone noticed that the native electric types in the last two gens were based on animals found in africa?

Luxray (lion), Zebstrika (Zebra), so maybe this gen will get a Elephant, Rhino or Giraffe? My money is on the Rhino
    Didn't we already get a rhino Pokemon in Rhyhorn? And an elephant in Phanpy/Donphan? And a Giraffe in Giraffarig? I would put my money on something like a Wildebeest.

It would be nice if we could get another Pikachu type Pokemon that wasn't Electric type. Thats what I liked about Marill. This region, maybe a Grass type?

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

I am hoping that there will be some finishing evolutions like in Sinnoh. K I'm just going to say some ideas of mine...'

Caturne needs an evolution. He's really cool and I like the idea of grass/dark typing because if there is a light type in X and Y, then lots of grass types might get a secondary light typing.

Parasect, because he is one of my favorite Pokemon, and learns good moves, but his stats are kinda bad. I'm not really sure what kind of design it would have.

Farfetch'd should have a flying-fighting evlution because that would be kind of cool. It could be almost like a ninja bird, but not to based off of human looks. Maybe the leek could be a bamboo stick or just get bigger.

Mr. Mime ties into the Frenchiness of X and Y (the Iffel Tower was in the backround of the trailer) and could be called Master Mime... I didn't make this one up sadly ;(

Smeargle could have an evolution just with better stats and only sketch like smeargle. Since smeargle is like a paintbrush it's evolution could be like a paint pallet which kinda ties into the
    French theme again.

Sudowoodo should totaly get one it would be really good I think. He has good defense and pretty good pysical stats, so he could maybe go up from NU. Oh and he should just get a secondary grass typing. Really.

Sunflora should totaly get an evolution. Since sun flowers can grow to be really tall, it would work perfectly!

Quagsire should get one. If the evolution made him get high special defense and higher defense, and keep his attack roughly the same, he could be pretty good, then has the huge grass type weakness still.

Jynx should get an evolution that's like a princess lady thing beacuse no one wants to be an ugly hated Nicki Minaj forever...

Miltank should have a pre-evolution because it would be weird hatching a miltank out of an egg.

Dunsparce should get an awesome normal/ground ground snake evlution. Dunsparce is pretty bad, so why not?

Surskit should get a branch evolution. The first one is (oviously) Masquerain with a faster evolution. And then the other branch would stick with Surskit's bug-water typing. I don't know buy I think this would be really awesome.

Sablye should soooo get one. It would be really really really awesome!

Volbeat and Illumise should both get one. They both are pretty stupid without one.

Altaria deserves an evolution. It dooesn't seem finished to me. They could easily design a cool evolution for her. Her stats need a little boost too.

Trophius needs to have a pre-evolution. Imagine one day you're just carrying around your nice little egg in your arms, and then sudenly it starts to shake, and you hope it's going to be a cute little Pokemon then it cracks and you get crushed by a huge 6.7 foot, 220 pound freaking leaf dinosaur thing. Wouldn't you rather have a cute little baby Pokemon instead?

Luvdisc should just evolve into Alomomola. Like really. And maybe since Alomola isn't that great have another evolution ontop of that. An ultient swift swimmer 0-0

Drifblim has the same case as Altaria. It's just not finished, and would rock with the stat boost.

Basculin should get an awesome like water/steel evolution. Maybe water/poison or water/dark!

Ferroseed really should have a different evolution before evolving into Ferrothorn.

Tarous maybe could evolve into Bouffalant, and a girl version maybe cause there arn't any girl tarous...

Durant's evolution would really cool, and maybe it could be a fast and powerful steel type! It's attack, defense, and speed all are pretty high, so if they left the defense and attack around the amount it is now, and then boost it's speed, then they've just made an awesome steel type.

I'm hoping that they make a triceratops Pokemon, lay off the legendaries, and not have like 90 forms for one region

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    You have an edit button
    One that allows you to delete posts

Use it.
    I tried and it didn't do anything

I'll try again
    Edit: there we go
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by screamlouda View Post

Dunsparce should get an awesome normal/ground ground snake evlution. Dunsparce is pretty bad, so why not?
    I agree. It has an interesting movepool, and its stats really could use a boost.

He is a main character in Gates to Infinity, so why not? The interest is there.

I'd also like to see a male Combee evolution.
    Last edited by Rhyvir; 27th April 2013 at 4:33 AM.

Spoiler:- Teams & Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    Didn't we already get a rhino Pokemon in Rhyhorn? And an elephant in Phanpy/Donphan? And a Giraffe in Giraffarig? I would put my money on something like a Wildebeest.

It would be nice if we could get another Pikachu type Pokemon that wasn't Electric type. Thats what I liked about Marill. This region, maybe a Grass type?
    Yes we did but there isn't nothing absurd about reusing an animal for another Pokémon, see Tepig, Swinub, and Spoink as previous Pokémon that are the same species but have different origins.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Yes we did but there isn't nothing absurd about reusing an animal for another Pokémon, see Tepig, Swinub, and Spoink as previous Pokémon that are the same species but have different origins.
    Yeah, and now that I see it, it would be a different typing as well, making it more likely. My bad.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

I'm sure someone has said this before, but I don't fully follow the thread as much as I can.

Has anyone mentioned a possibility of a split evolution of Gothorita? Just like how Kirlia has a split evolution with Gallade and Gardevoir?

Also, something about this Fairy/Cosmic/Light/Whatever Type, anyone else think that Dunsparce may get this typing and an evolution of this type?

Page 891 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7918418818878888898908918928938948959019419911891 ... LastLast