Page 899 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7998498898958968978988999009019029039099499991899 ... LastLast
Results 22,451 to 22,475 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #22451
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Ehhh, I'm kind of hoping for a Cosmic Type. They coul change many Pokemon's Typings, like Deoxys, the Clefable Line, etc. I'm hating this Fairy stuff...Also, in the Sylveon trailer for the Movie Short, it showed like a space-like background.
    Fairy could very well be named Cosmic type in English. The concepts do have an overlap.

  2. #22452
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    I want the Garbage Type. Now.

    Ehhh I'm not liking the fairy type idea. I don't know... It just lacks a bit of substance with the word fairy. Water, fire, grass, ice, electricity are all elements. But fairy sounds like a.... Thing? It just doesn't feel right to me. It's more of a thing than an element or attribute. I'm not liking this idea right now.

    IMO, there ARE a few problems with types right now (eg. Too little poison and steel attacking moves, poison seeing very little different type combinations, Bug being a bit underpowered and lacking a 120 special move, most poison Pokemon being inferior to steel Pokemon defensively... Etc) I prefer we get the problems fixed before moving onto new types.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  3. #22453
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Ehhh I'm not liking the fairy type idea. I don't know... It just lacks a bit of substance with the word fairy. Water, fire, grass, ice, electricity are all elements. But fairy sounds like a.... Thing? It just doesn't feel right to me. It's more of a thing than an element or attribute. I'm not liking this idea right now.
    Fairy fits right in with 'Dragon' 'Ghost' and 'Bug', so yeah...

    I hope Tentacruel is in the game, and gets a evo with more defense. *Gets Shot*

    No, but seriously, I want Tenta in-game. He's won me many Battles!

    Anyway, I can see:

    Fairy

    Weak To: Dark, Poison, Ghost (Both need an offensive boost!)

    SE Against: Fighting

    Resists: Grass, Water, Ground, Rock (Nymph-like types)

    Resisted by: Poison, Fairy, Dark, Ghost, Normal, Ice


    A defensive type, and when paired with Fire-Type, Fire loses its SR weakness. I only included the fact it resists rock because SR has became such a big part of the meta, so Fairy kills it a bit.

    Anyway:

    Cleffa-Fairy
    Clefairy-Fairy
    Clefable-Fairy
    Snubull-Fairy
    Grandbull-Fairy
    Cherrim-Grass/Fairy
    Cherrim evo-Grass/Fairy
    Sylveon-Fairy
    Fire/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Grass/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Water/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Ghost/Fairy and/or Dark/Fairy, doesn't evolve or have a prevo.
    Ground/Fairy, 2 in the line.
    Arceus (New Plate) Fairy
    Xerneas-Electric/Fairy
    Celebi-Grass/Fairy
    Jirachi-Steel/Fairy
    Victini-Fire/Fairy
    New ????/Fairy Pixie
    Mew and Shaymin are unaffected, as Mew would cause problems with Mewtwo, and Shaymin wasn't Psychic in the first place. Same with Manaphy.

    Fairy-Like Items:

    Fae Plate (Boosts Fairy-Type Moves, Turns Arceus into a *snicker*... Fairy XD)
    Fairy Gem
    Pixie Dust (An item along the lines of Charcoal, Sharp Beak, e.t.c.

    Fairy Moves:

    Refresh
    Wish
    Heal Pulse
    Fairy-Type Recover clone.
    Fairy-Type Aqua Ring clone.
    A few offensive Fairy moves.
    Fairy-Type move that lowers Attack.

    A defensive-Type, which basically sucks horribly at hitting things. Basically gives Ice something it doesn't die to and Poison something else to hit.

  4. #22454
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    ^ Hmm.. pretty good. I can see that happening.
    Though I don't get y it should be SE to fighting of all things.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 28th April 2013 at 2:27 PM.

  5. #22455
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Fairy fits right in with 'Dragon' 'Ghost' and 'Bug', so yeah...

    I hope Tentacruel is in the game, and gets a evo with more defense. *Gets Shot*

    No, but seriously, I want Tenta in-game. He's won me many Battles!

    Anyway, I can see:

    Fairy

    Weak To: Dark, Poison, Ghost (Both need an offensive boost!)

    SE Against: Fighting

    Resists: Grass, Water, Ground, Rock (Nymph-like types)

    Resisted by: Poison, Fairy, Dark, Ghost, Normal, Ice


    A defensive type, and when paired with Fire-Type, Fire loses its SR weakness. I only included the fact it resists rock because SR has became such a big part of the meta, so Fairy kills it a bit.

    Anyway:

    Cleffa-Fairy
    Clefairy-Fairy
    Clefable-Fairy
    Snubull-Fairy
    Grandbull-Fairy
    Cherrim-Grass/Fairy
    Cherrim evo-Grass/Fairy
    Sylveon-Fairy
    Fire/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Grass/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Water/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Ghost/Fairy and/or Dark/Fairy, doesn't evolve or have a prevo.
    Ground/Fairy, 2 in the line.
    Arceus (New Plate) Fairy
    Xerneas-Electric/Fairy
    Celebi-Grass/Fairy
    Jirachi-Steel/Fairy
    Victini-Fire/Fairy
    New ????/Fairy Pixie
    Mew and Shaymin are unaffected, as Mew would cause problems with Mewtwo, and Shaymin wasn't Psychic in the first place. Same with Manaphy.

    Fairy-Like Items:

    Fae Plate (Boosts Fairy-Type Moves, Turns Arceus into a *snicker*... Fairy XD)
    Fairy Gem
    Pixie Dust (An item along the lines of Charcoal, Sharp Beak, e.t.c.

    Fairy Moves:

    Refresh
    Wish
    Heal Pulse
    Fairy-Type Recover clone.
    Fairy-Type Aqua Ring clone.
    A few offensive Fairy moves.
    Fairy-Type move that lowers Attack.

    A defensive-Type, which basically sucks horribly at hitting things. Basically gives Ice something it doesn't die to and Poison something else to hit.


    One word..GENEUIS.. That is one very good list and i can see it happening..i really hope Fairy Type is annouced soon..

  6. #22456
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Fairy types would be cool.

    Fairy types super effective against:

    - Psychic
    - Ghost
    - Fighting

    Weak against:

    - Poison
    - Dark
    - Electric

    Resistance gaainst:

    - Fairy
    - Fighting
    - Psychic
    - Bug

    Unaffected by: Ghost types

    Resistant to:

    - Fairy
    - Electric
    - Dark
    - Poison

    Besides, some poikemon that I wish to be added in the fairy type list are Skitty, Delcatty, Togetic, Togekiss, and Lilligant.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  7. #22457
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    One word..GENEUIS.. That is one very good list and i can see it happening..i really hope Fairy Type is annouced soon..
    I love being called a Geneuis. Genius is overrated XP

    Anyway, I also see Sylveon's two moves in the trailer as being new, but not necessary Fairy.

    Is Smash on tonight? Hopefully we get a hint and/or reveal.

    Anyway, I think Illumise and Volbeat need Bug/Electric evoes. And Illumise needs Tail Glow.

  8. #22458
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,407

    Default

    I had an interesting thought how would people feel about an evo to snorlax.

    Snorlax hasn't done much recently it has fallen behind much of the competition. However if it were to gain an evo there could be serious impacts. If nothing else evolite snorlax would be interesting. But would you like such an evo would it gain a new typing? what about a new ability? and how you respond if this evo had proper healing moves?

  9. #22459
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    ^ Hmm.. pretty good. I can see that happening.
    Though I don't get y it should be SE to fighting of all things.
    Maybe Dragon? God that type is O to the P!!!!!!

    Anyway, I'm hopeful that the Togepi line is also re-typed!

    Tenta and Zub, please be in the dex! We had so much good times trolling!

  10. #22460
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Fairy types would be cool.

    Fairy types super effective against:

    - Psychic
    - Ghost
    - Fighting

    Weak against:

    - Poison
    - Dark
    - Electric

    Resistance gaainst:

    - Fairy
    - Fighting
    - Psychic
    - Bug

    Unaffected by: Ghost types

    Resistant to:

    - Fairy
    - Electric
    - Dark
    - Poison

    Besides, some poikemon that I wish to be added in the fairy type list are Skitty, Delcatty, Togetic, Togekiss, and Lilligant.
    The SE things work well IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Is Smash on tonight? Hopefully we get a hint and/or reveal.
    Didn't smash already air ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Tenta and Zub, please be in the dex! We had so much good times trolling!
    One word : NO !

  11. #22461
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    The SE things work well IMO.



    Didn't smash already air ?

    Nope, it's due tonight. I hope we get something worth two pence on it.

    Anyway, I don't get why people say Fairy is probably not gonna happen because of the egg group. There's Archen in one of the Water groups, Flygon in the Bug.

    So like Anime=/=Game, Type=/=Egg Group.

    Anyway, Houndoom evo, and I want it NAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, Grannbull evo. Fairy/Fighting.

  12. #22462
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Fairy fits right in with 'Dragon' 'Ghost' and 'Bug', so yeah...

    I hope Tentacruel is in the game, and gets a evo with more defense. *Gets Shot*

    No, but seriously, I want Tenta in-game. He's won me many Battles!

    Anyway, I can see:

    Fairy

    Weak To: Dark, Poison, Ghost (Both need an offensive boost!)

    SE Against: Fighting

    Resists: Grass, Water, Ground, Rock (Nymph-like types)

    Resisted by: Poison, Fairy, Dark, Ghost, Normal, Ice


    A defensive type, and when paired with Fire-Type, Fire loses its SR weakness. I only included the fact it resists rock because SR has became such a big part of the meta, so Fairy kills it a bit.

    Anyway:

    Cleffa-Fairy
    Clefairy-Fairy
    Clefable-Fairy
    Snubull-Fairy
    Grandbull-Fairy
    Cherrim-Grass/Fairy
    Cherrim evo-Grass/Fairy
    Sylveon-Fairy
    Fire/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Grass/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Water/Fairy, 3 in the line.
    Ghost/Fairy and/or Dark/Fairy, doesn't evolve or have a prevo.
    Ground/Fairy, 2 in the line.
    Arceus (New Plate) Fairy
    Xerneas-Electric/Fairy
    Celebi-Grass/Fairy
    Jirachi-Steel/Fairy
    Victini-Fire/Fairy
    New ????/Fairy Pixie
    Mew and Shaymin are unaffected, as Mew would cause problems with Mewtwo, and Shaymin wasn't Psychic in the first place. Same with Manaphy.

    Fairy-Like Items:

    Fae Plate (Boosts Fairy-Type Moves, Turns Arceus into a *snicker*... Fairy XD)
    Fairy Gem
    Pixie Dust (An item along the lines of Charcoal, Sharp Beak, e.t.c.

    Fairy Moves:

    Refresh
    Wish
    Heal Pulse
    Fairy-Type Recover clone.
    Fairy-Type Aqua Ring clone.
    A few offensive Fairy moves.
    Fairy-Type move that lowers Attack.

    A defensive-Type, which basically sucks horribly at hitting things. Basically gives Ice something it doesn't die to and Poison something else to hit.
    Wait what? You just want to change the already existing types to something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Nope, it's due tonight. I hope we get something worth two pence on it.

    Anyway, I don't get why people say Fairy is probably not gonna happen because of the egg group. There's Archen in one of the Water groups, Flygon in the Bug.

    So like Anime=/=Game, Type=/=Egg Group.

    Anyway, Houndoom evo, and I want it NAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, Grannbull evo. Fairy/Fighting.
    ...Smash already aired.


  13. #22463
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Wait what? You just want to change the already existing types to something else?


    ...Smash already aired.
    Did it? Hmmm... Missed it. Meh.

    But Magnemite and Magneton were added to a type that suited them-Steel. And that was just in the space of 1 Gen. 5 Gens, with all these Fairy-Like Pokemon builds up, you know?

    So Your Boss, what's your opinion on the matter at hand?

    Anyway, Jellicent and Tentacruel in the dex. Tentacruel used Toxic! *Runs Away* Jellicent! *Can't run away* Jellicent used Hex!

  14. #22464
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Did it? Hmmm... Missed it. Meh.

    But Magnemite and Magneton were added to a type that suited them-Steel. And that was just in the space of 1 Gen. 5 Gens, with all these Fairy-Like Pokemon builds up, you know?

    So Your Boss, what's your opinion on the matter at hand?

    Anyway, Jellicent and Tentacruel in the dex. Tentacruel used Toxic! *Runs Away* Jellicent! *Can't run away* Jellicent used Hex!
    I'm neutral to Fairy, in other words I wouldn't really care if we get new types or not. But Gamefreak being able to control what they do to Pokémon games is up to them as well as noting they are geniuses and will make the type chart balanced with a new type in some way. If previous critters are going to be retyped I'm find with it since its stuck in stone and probably won't be modified in the future but I know it isn't neccesary to retype the past and instead focus on a fresh start like Dark. Plus the Magnemite line would actually be a bit better if they didn't have Steel type personally, sure they lose an immunity and some resistances but at least you wouldn't worry about Earthquake killing you from here and there. As for Jellicent in the Pokedex (Regional) sure since some European countries have monarchies and have a king and queen just like Male and Female Jellicent.


  15. #22465
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    As for Jellicent in the Pokedex (Regional) sure since some European countries have monarchies and have a king and queen just like Male and Female Jellicent.
    Yes! All we need is Tentacruel and the Jellyfish army will be near complete!

    But seriously, I want a Water/Electric Jellyfish. But unlike his brothers, he's offensive. BoltBeam+Surf/Hydro Pump? Yes please. Hopefully it gets Storm Drain. F*ck You Kyogre!

  16. #22466
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Yes! All we need is Tentacruel and the Jellyfish army will be near complete!

    But seriously, I want a Water/Electric Jellyfish. But unlike his brothers, he's offensive. BoltBeam+Surf/Hydro Pump? Yes please. Hopefully it gets Storm Drain. F*ck You Kyogre!
    Something like a box jellyfish ? That would be cool.
    IMO we also need another poke based on man o war. Some really deadly poke.
    BTW man o war is not a jellyfish, it's a siphonophore, which technically isn't even a single organism.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 28th April 2013 at 3:20 PM.

  17. #22467
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Jellyfish appreciation day!

    New evoes of Jellicent and Tentacruel, where Defense is boosted, with Sp. Def staying the same. Hp boost, and in Tenta's case, 105 Speed. Don't worry about them in Competitive, they'll be banned probably!

    Seriously though, and Water/Electric Jellyfish. It is benevolent, and has a rivalry with both the Malevolent Jellicent and the Venemous Tentacruel, and it evolved (in real world sense,) to gain the electric type to fend them off.

    HP: 100
    Attack: 70
    Defense: 100
    Sp. Attack: 110
    Sp. Defense: 70
    Speed: 90

    Ability: Storm Drain

    Lol, this spread!

    R.I.P Kyogre, Competitive Battler 200?-2013. We will remember you.

  18. #22468
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    R.I.P Kyogre, Competitive Battler 200?-2013. We will remember you.
    NO. Kyogre is my fav pokemon. He will always be the best ! Lol

  19. #22469
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    776

    Default

    I see this about fairies is that a creature with unusual powers, which means, this is a show, so will any Pokemon be part fairy, because they are all processed of powers of either psychic, electric, poison, ect...

    Also in the fairy egg group, Pikachu is in it, and it do not even look like a fairy.I also do not see the Hoppip evolution group as fairies either.

    If they make fairies, how are they going to do with Togekiss, which is part normal/ part flying type, or Roselia which is part poison/ part grass type, which either of them makes more sense then fairy type.

  20. #22470
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ocean, awaiting directions
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    I see this about fairies is that a creature with unusual powers, which means, this is a show, so will any Pokemon be part fairy, because they are all processed of powers of either psychic, electric, poison, ect...

    Also in the fairy egg group, Pikachu is in it, and it do not even look like a fairy.I also do not see the Hoppip evolution group as fairies either.

    If they make fairies, how are they going to do with Togekiss, which is part normal/ part flying type, or Roselia which is part poison/ part grass type, which either of them makes more sense then fairy type.
    Togekiss would become fairy/flying and i don't think Roselia would need to be changed

    To all those who hated 5th gen


    If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

    Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

  21. #22471
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    750

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    I see this about fairies is that a creature with unusual powers, which means, this is a show, so will any Pokemon be part fairy, because they are all processed of powers of either psychic, electric, poison, ect...

    Also in the fairy egg group, Pikachu is in it, and it do not even look like a fairy.I also do not see the Hoppip evolution group as fairies either.

    If they make fairies, how are they going to do with Togekiss, which is part normal/ part flying type, or Roselia which is part poison/ part grass type, which either of them makes more sense then fairy type.
    I personally don't see how Roselia would be part fairy, but for Togekiss, it would replace Normal type.
    I'm awesome

  22. #22472
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    I see this about fairies is that a creature with unusual powers, which means, this is a show, so will any Pokemon be part fairy, because they are all processed of powers of either psychic, electric, poison, ect...

    Also in the fairy egg group, Pikachu is in it, and it do not even look like a fairy.I also do not see the Hoppip evolution group as fairies either.

    If they make fairies, how are they going to do with Togekiss, which is part normal/ part flying type, or Roselia which is part poison/ part grass type, which either of them makes more sense then fairy type.
    Yes, because Archen is Water/Flying, Flygon is Bug/Dragon and Magikarp is Water/Dragon. Type=/=Egg Group. And in English, do we know what it'll be called?

    And, for certain mons, they can retype them. For me, Fairy/Flying suits Togekiss better then Normal/Flying-We all see things different.

    For you type haters, tour biggest argument is that Dark is evil, not dark as in shadows. Fairy could be harmless tricks. Plus Fairies have magic power, which in turn leads to other powers. Sprinkling pixie-dust on your opponent? That doesn't suit any type.

  23. #22473
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Can you really have magic in pokemon though...?

    Real life: Man shoots thunderbolt from hand - Magic.
    Pokemon world: Rhydon shoots thunderbolt from horn - Using a move, thunderbolt.

    Real life: Man breathes fire - Magic.
    Pokemon world: Rhydon breathes fire - Using a move, flamethrower.

    Rhydon is not electric or fire type, nor psychic type (so can't use psychic powers or 'magic') and yet people see it as normal when it does things like that, which would be described as magic if a man did it.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  24. #22474
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    if we're talking about jellyfish, i think we should get a sun jellyfish!
    those things look so cool

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  25. #22475
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    On the topic on jellyfish, I would love a new jellyfish pokemon. It could be based off he box jellyfish, or perhaps a different type of siphonophore.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

    Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Page 899 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7998498898958968978988999009019029039099499991899 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •