Page 910 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 81086090090690790890991091191291391492096010101910 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,750 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    This is a great article on Fairy Types and why it might be true..check it out..

http://pokejungle.net/2013/04/30/why...on-by-kriffix/
    Very interesting, makes sense with all of this talk of genetics, a new type would fit in nicely. I'm all for a fairy-type, I love feminine Pokemon, but not all fairies are created equally, it depends on your definition of fairy, I take it to mean a magical/mythological creature. Let's see what Gamefreak makes of it, if this is the case.

i think Pokemon need to be split by there gender.... Like Nidoran male/female------Nidoqueen/Nidoqueen
    do somthing like that for instence Kangaskan if male no pouch/female pouch

and they should make Dragon/Fire they dont have that yet....

or a Fire/water type.....like an underwater volcano or somthing
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I think this list could have some merit for type changing/adding for the fairy type:

Cleffa -> Clefairy -> Clefable
    Igglybuff -> Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff
    Happiny -> Chansey -> Blissey
    Plusle
    Minun
    Cherubi -> Cherrim
    Audino

and for legendaries:
    Phione and Manaphy (to me there was something about them that always seemed incomplete)

I think it might be possible for mew/mewtwo forme to get a fairy type addition... Not sure how I feel about that though.
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    and they should make Dragon/Fire they dont have that yet....
    We have Reshiram, mate...

or a Fire/water type.....like an underwater volcano or somthing
    I can't think of any animal as basis for Fire/Water types... any bright ideas?

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post

That's really been the one and only suggestion since, like, page 2 when the idea of fire/water was brought up lol.

Trubbish wasnt based on any animal. neither was muk or magnamite and so on......

so like i said an underwaster volcano pokemon
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

How about a fire salamander, I mean its got fire in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    That's really been the one and only suggestion since, like, page 2 when the idea of fire/water was brought up lol.
    I think someone brought up a Fire/Water Torkoal evo some time ago. Because Torkoal has Steam coming out of its nostrils or something.

What about a split evo of Numel with a Geyser on its back instead of a Volcano?
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 4th May 2013 at 2:32 PM.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Wow those are the most ridiculous fake scans I have ever seen. Atmosvier? Double dair? Samesies? Just lol. Those are so obviously fake I think I would cry if somebody thought they were real.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    This is a great article on Fairy Types and why it might be true..check it out..

http://pokejungle.net/2013/04/30/why...on-by-kriffix/
    Great post! I agree with most of this, except for the part about GF not retyping any old Pokemon who already have two types, like Togetic. As I've said before, I personally think that Fairy Type will replace the Normal typing for Pokemon like Clefairy and Snubbull, instead of just being added as a secondary type. The way I see it, Normal is such a general type category, and it suited those Pokemon up until this point. If they do introduce Fairy, I think it will serve as a new revised classification for those Pokemon who were just placed in the general Normal category before. For instance, I think it would make much more sense for Togetic to be Fairy/Flying, instead of retaining Normal/Flying just because it already had two types.
    Last edited by SoulOfSilver; 1st May 2013 at 7:53 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hoenn Pokédex: Caught 120/211
    Friend Code: 3497-2105-7478 (Scott)

It was posted a page back, but it is pretty interesting. It's worth a read at the very least. It's actually comprised of a lot of things we already hit upon at one point or another; though I guess that's to be expected when we've been discussing the same topic for 1100 pages. Just out of curiosity, Im going to browse the thread and see when exactly the Sylveon debate started so I can see just how long the debate has been around.

EDIT: As far as I can tell (since its too hard to find the EXACT point where the new eevee was introduced), Sylveon discussion has been around for at least 1000 pages and I found people already going on about Eevee-lution discussion as early as page 40...so its been around awhile.
    Last edited by Bus; 1st May 2013 at 8:13 PM.

So then, after reading back a few pages, I think I might be one of the only people who still does not like the idea of a fairy type and still thinks that it will not happen.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I think someone brought a Fire/Water Torkoal evo some time ago. Because Torkoal has Steam coming out of its nostrils or something.

What about a split evo of Numel with a Geyser on its back instead of a Volcano?
    Or it can be a Volcano geyser.......

and attack using hot Steam and fire and have an attack....like Broil
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    So then, after reading back a few pages, I think I might be one of the only people who still does not like the idea of a fairy type and still thinks that it will not happen.
    Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if it was called by some other name? Like not 'Fairy' type, but 'Magic', 'Esper', or 'Spirit' type; something to convey a more generic fairytale-esque creature type that can range from anything from goblins and fairies to Gargoyles and griffins. Things that are more 'mythological' or 'story' based.

Honestly, I had been thinking that if it turns out to be true, it won't end up being called 'Fairy' type everywhere. I could see it being renamed "Magic" type or 'Esper' type to get across its typing in a more gender-neutral way (since 'Fairy' does carry a lot of female-heavy connotation; not that that's bad or anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if it was called by some other name? Like not 'Fairy' type, but 'Magic', 'Esper', or 'Spirit' type; something to convey a more generic fairytale-esque creature type that can range from anything from goblins and fairies to Gargoyles and griffins. Things that are more 'mythological' or 'story' based.

Honestly, I had been thinking that if it turns out to be true, it won't end up being called 'Fairy' type everywhere. I could see it being renamed "Magic" type or 'Esper' type to get across its typing in a more gender-neutral way (since 'Fairy' does carry a lot of female-heavy connotation; not that that's bad or anything).

what about Mystycal type sounds better then fairy
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

'Fairy' isn't the right way to call the new pokemon type. I agree with 'Bus'. It needs names that are more mytological based. Anyway, i don't really need a new type. No one needs it. Only dragon types should have more weaks than only two ( ice and dragon) and the fairy tipe can be a great counter of dragon types. Think about it.

what about Mystycal type sounds better then fairy
    I like that.
    Pokemon that I have up for trade >>>http://peekatchu.webs.com/<<<

(trade to) White FC: 3182-4378-9950

(battle with) White 2 FC: 4685-6764-6105

Shinies I have for trade

Legendaries I have for trade

I will probably trade shinies for any shiny I don't already have.

Well, I like Fairy over Mystical. Fairy is a more fitting word.
    And I've to credit that article, it changed my posture about it.

...And this type maybe makes some Pokemon competitive (?). Like Clefable <3

Just because it has been called fairy type people have straight off thought "oh, little women with wings" although yes Disney and the likes have morphed what we see a fairy as and what first comes to our mind
    Fairys as a type to me won't mean all things girly.... Im seeing it as a 'magic' type and the pokemon with the type will be mythical creatures, for this reason I see sylveon and xerneas actually fitting in.
    Pokemon also has plenty of fans who are female and also a lot of males that like "girly" designs such as meloetta and clefable..., why not give them something too? (I'm part of this I like both "manly" and "girly" pokemon)
    Also isn't sylveon the only non-legendary pokemon to be revealed in corocoro without its type? This could mean a new type......, also the fact that it seems to be the only eevee this gen, but that may have nothing to do with it since umbreon was released along with espeon when dark type was introduced..but the purpose for dark was to balance out psychic

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Magic and Esper both sound extremely close the Psychic type(Espers are individuals with psychic abilities)
    Spirit is super close to Ghost
    Calling it Fairy leads to too many problems as Fae aren't set to one element or type of being so they easily encroach upon the other types
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Don't worry...

We will win the WAR!!!

Ontopic: GAMEFREAAAKKKKK YUNO GIVE INFORMATIONNNN

I am REALLY exited for the CoroCoro of May

I guess there will be X&Y News!!!

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I'm not a fan of it either

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Magic and Esper both sound extremely close the Psychic type(Espers are individuals with psychic abilities)
    Calling it Fairy leads to too many problems as Fae aren't set to one element or type of being so they easily encroach upon the other types
    True
    Try to think of a new name for fairy
    That doesn't seem to clash with out existing types....

As for my view on it been real or not
    I'm not 100% sure to be honest
    At first I didn't believe a word but if quickly came to think it may well be true
    But as if learned in the past take things with a grain of salt.
    If been hopefull when it came to Mr.xy
    And sceptic when it came to the new two form
    So I'm finding it hard to guess what real and not
    As of right now I'm leaning towards believing fairy may be a type due to its backing

I'm not a fan of its stereotypical image
    But of the mystical one I am.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 1st May 2013 at 9:09 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I don't see why it creates trouble. Could you expand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    I don't see why it creates trouble. Could you expand?
    Fae(Fairy, Faery, etc.) can almost literally be anything. They include water horses, sprites, goblins, gnomes, and most mythological creatures you can think of. This would mean that nearly any mythological pokemon that you could think up could potentially be fairy. In fact, a large percentage of pokemon that we have know could be considered Fae. This would make Fairy the "everything" type.

Page 910 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 81086090090690790890991091191291391492096010101910 ... LastLast