Page 911 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 81186190190790890991091191291391491592196110111911 ... LastLast
Results 22,751 to 22,775 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

If there is a new type, and it doesn't turn out to be fairy or another name for fairy, we should look at the roots of X and Y. As we all know, X and Y are chromosomes. The game is rumored to focus of pokemon DNA and such.

Perhaps the new type could relate to this? I've heard suggestions of "DNA" or "egg" type, but those both just don't sound right... (The egg type suggestion was made after the reveal of Sylveon in a pink egg symbol). But maybe we are looking in the opposite direction, maybe it has more to do with science than it does with mythology.

That being said, I like the idea of a fairy type.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    So then, after reading back a few pages, I think I might be one of the only people who still does not like the idea of a fairy type and still thinks that it will not happen.
    No you are not alone. I HATE all this fairy type garbage. I'm sorry you can like it if you want and even hope that it comes true but it's not for me. I really don't see the point fairies are little girls with butterfly wings (I dont care about how creepy some fairy myths are IRL, google fairy and you will see LITTLE GIRLS WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS) magic type is just as stupid I mean come on aren't ALL pokemon magic(you breath fire your magic, you control weather your magic)? mystical come on REALLY.. All this talk is making me think light and sound types weren't that bad( not really they are still dumd as well).

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Fae(Fairy, Faery, etc.) can almost literally be anything. They include water horses, sprites, goblins, gnomes, and most mythological creatures you can think of. This would mean that nearly any mythological pokemon that you could think up could potentially be fairy. In fact, a large percentage of pokemon that we have know could be considered Fae. This would make Fairy the "everything" type.
    Hum, I see your point there.

However you may want to see the Egg Group that relates to fairies to see how Gamefreak handles the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    No you are not alone. I HATE all this fairy type garbage. I'm sorry you can like it if you want and even hope that it comes true but it's not for me. I really don't see the point fairies are little girls with butterfly wings (I dont care about how creepy some fairy myths are IRL, google fairy and you will see LITTLE GIRLS WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS) magic type is just as stupid I mean come on aren't ALL pokemon magic(you breath fire your magic, you control weather your magic)? mystical come on REALLY.. All this talk is making me think light and sound types weren't that bad( not really they are still dumd as well).
    LOL; someone is not comfortable with its own sex to use "little girl with butterfly wings" as an insult.

Now that is a very child like view on the topic
    As stated before fairy does not mean what has been implanted in your head when you were younger, try thinking about more, expanding your strain of thought
    Pokemon fan base is home to an incredible amount and variety of people, and this new supposed type would be liked by many
    The game has to develop and will most diffinatly have changes and add on that people won't and will liked, there will allways be a mixed reaction to everything....

Edit:
    Ungoliath you may won't to get rid of that double post.

*also look at what game freak have deemed as a fairy pokemon
    Last edited by adamfitz; 1st May 2013 at 9:30 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Hum, I see your point there.

However you may want to see the Egg Group that relates to fairies to see how Gamefreak handles the concept.
    That would require the retyping of pokemon that have been the same for over 10 years. I don't they that they would change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Fae(Fairy, Faery, etc.) can almost literally be anything. They include water horses, sprites, goblins, gnomes, and most mythological creatures you can think of. This would mean that nearly any mythological pokemon that you could think up could potentially be fairy. In fact, a large percentage of pokemon that we have know could be considered Fae. This would make Fairy the "everything" type.
    exactly, am i the only one who read the spiderwick chronicles?

the root of the word fairy is Fae like you said, and fae can mean almost anything mythological.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

That would require the retyping of pokemon that have been the same for over 10 years. I don't they that they would change that.
    10 years is not much.

And most of the pokemon in these group needs a change to make it competitive. I know GF doesn't focus on that, but it's obvious that they're exploring that aspect since all the changes done in Gen V. Even the Dream World ability was a game-changer. This wont be different.

Lets be honest: Aside of Blissey...which of those Pokemon are picked frequently? And nope, i'm not saying that every pokemon on that egg group will gain this new type, but I believe most of the Normal and Monotype can be changed. That's around 13 pokemon more and less.

When steel came out, the change was on the 1%. 13 now would make the 2%. Is not that far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    the root of the word fairy is Fae like you said, and fae can mean almost anything mythological.
    Not, but for Fae descriptions there are MANY books prior Spiderwick that are even way more complete.
    I suggest you reading the original myth of Myrddin Wyllt which has a lot to do with Fae.

Anyway, the concept of Evil, or even the concept of making the difference of Rock with Ground makes sense only to japanese. We just adjusted our vision because we like this game. But how THEY handle the concept is what it's interesting.
    Last edited by Ungoliath; 1st May 2013 at 9:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    No!It has to be a huge cell!
    no t no Shade, That just sounds like the stupidest idea ever. I really think they are just going to take advantage of the international release and not really reveal anything until the games come out. Why else why they do it, other than to surprise us all and keep us in the dark?

Lol, well I have an interest in mythology.

Saw the movie, never read those books

If we're going to have a new type it needs to be something that can fit into the universe
    10 years is not much.

And most of the pokemon in these group needs a change to make it competitive. I know GF doesn't focus on that, but it's obvious that they're exploring that aspect since all the changes done in Gen V. Even the Dream World ability was a game-changer. This wont be different.

Lets be honest: Aside of Blissey...which of those Pokemon are picked frequently? And nope, i'm not saying that every pokemon on that egg group will gain this new type, but I believe most of the Normal and Monotype can be changed. That's around 13 pokemon more and less.

When steel came out, the change was on the 1%. 13 now would make the 2%. Is not that far-fetched.
    10 years is an awfully long time for something as defining as type to remain constant.

Taping another type to a pokemon won't make it more viable when it's stats and movepool are lacking

The steel change took place one generation after the first, we're approaching the sixth, and only retyped two pokemon that had only been around for one generation, not causing much of a change as tye magnets had only been around for one gen and were easily subject to change.
    Last edited by Elnava; 1st May 2013 at 9:44 PM.

I never read the book(s), but I did see the movie in the theater. "Fae" is also the term used in Lost Girl, but I prolly shouldn't mention that here.

LOL; someone is not comfortable with its own sex to use "little girl with butterfly wings" as an insult.
    No one is uncomfortable with their sex here just because I don't like the idea, and calling it little girls with wings is just how I see it. fairies are to girly for a type IMO ( I never said I have a problem with feminie pokemon look at my avatar Mienshao is my all time favorite pokemon ok). and saying trolls, goblins and banshees are fairies makes no sense to me because wouldn't they fall in with dark and ghost types.

No matter what you say about how fairies aren't all tiny girls with butterfly wings, it will still pretty much divide the target audience.
    You'd have the guys and tomboys hating it on one side and the girls and feminine guys on the other.
    I don't think they'd do a type that pretty much half the target market would not like.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Don't see why a hardcore, muscle bound, burly gentleman like myself wouldn't like fairies

10 years is an awfully long time for something as defining as type to remain constant.
    Taping another type to a pokemon won't make it more viable when it's stats and movepool are lacking
    The steel change took place one generation after the first, we're approaching the sixth, and only retyped two pokemon that had only been around for one generation, not causing much of a change as tye magnets had only been around for one gen and were easily subject to change.
    Type is not the foundation of Pokemon, and every change they made every gen was changing the basis to the core.

Abilities, changing how the attack typing works, Ev's, IV's, Movepools...
    I know it's hard to swallow, but this change is not different than those.

Most of those pokemon I linked to have a great movepool. Particularly Clefable.

And I don't see why it's an issue that the change is made now instead of, for example, gen II. They're aiming new grounds and new fans.

Don't see why a hardcore, muscle bound, burly gentleman like myself wouldn't like fairies
    Or me.
    No one is uncomfortable with their sex here just because I don't like the idea, and calling it little girls with wings is just how I see it. fairies are to girly for a type IMO ( I never said I have a problem with feminie pokemon look at my avatar Mienshao is my all time favorite pokemon ok). and saying trolls, goblins and banshees are fairies makes no sense to me because wouldn't they fall in with dark and ghost types.
    Then you need to read a lot about what Fairies are, actually.

For japanese, Kappas are Fae's. I don't see how that is feminine.

Or me.

like I said google the word fairy and see what pictures come up. and GF made a kappa pokemon (Ludicolo) and guess what it wasn't a fairy.

like I said google the word fairy and see what pictures come up. and GF made a kappa pokemon (Ludicolo) and guess what it wasn't a fairy.
    You'll learn soon enough how Google works when it comes to search.

Golduck fills the role of Kappa, Ludicolo is something different. And yes, it was water. It had more sense for that. Anyway you're missing the point here, it's not about GF putting Water to Ludicolo as typing, it's about how the perception of Fairy changes a lot.

And in the end, if you still don't like it no one forces you to pick it. But I'm pretty sure that you'll have one as soon you discover it's strong against Dragon :P

Type is not the foundation of Pokemon, and every change they made every gen was changing the basis to the core.

Abilities, changing how the attack typing works, Ev's, IV's, Movepools...
    I know it's hard to swallow, but this change is not different than those.

Most of those pokemon I linked to have a great movepool. Particularly Clefable.

And I don't see why it's an issue that the change is made now instead of, for example, gen II. They're aiming new grounds and new fans.
    Never said anything about the foundation. It is, in fact, a key component of the pokemon

A movepool without the stats to do anything about it

Adding to a movepool is pretty basic and EVs and IVs are invisible and unimportant to non competitive battlers. However, I will give you the Phys./Special split

It would pretty much make the dozens of previous pokemon games inaccurate in the typing of these pokemon.

This is probably the most logical idea of all. If i your thinking what i think your thinking it is by far my favorite idea for a new type. I think gathering for this that 'fae type' i assume that it is going to be made up of pokemon based on things of mythology.
    Some of ypur ideas are absolutely brilliant i.e. Water horse pokemon would be awesome and even a gnome or goblin would be cool.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

You'll learn soon enough how Google works when it comes to search.

Golduck fills the role of Kappa, Ludicolo is something different. And yes, it was water. It had more sense for that. Anyway you're missing the point here, it's not about GF putting Water to Ludicolo as typing, it's about how the perception of Fairy changes a lot.

And in the end, if you still don't like it no one forces you to pick it. But I'm pretty sure that you'll have one as soon you discover it's strong against Dragon :P
    ..so a pokemon that should be water/psychic will be water/fairy?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Or me.

XD joking obviously. Except for that part about fairies

The general perception of "Fairy" has changed from encapsulating most legendary creatures to just Sylphs and Pixies. It's a much broader term than a lot of people think, and because most people believe it only refers to things like Sylphs and Pixies, they're clearly going to use that word to describe them and not things like Goblins or Orcs, therefore more Google Search results showing the Sylphs and Pixies.

And just because a Pokemon's concept is based on a Fairy creature, doesn't mean it'd have to be of the type.
    Look at Charizard. It's clearly a dragon, but it's not a Dragon-type. And Magnemite and Magneton haven't always been Steel-types as it was added later. The same could happen here to certain Pokemon (Although probably not to Ludicolo, as it already has 2 types, unless they decide to make triple typed Pokemon ;-; ).
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Retyping old stuff just makes my skin crawl

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    This is probably the most logical idea of all. If i your thinking what i think your thinking it is by far my favorite idea for a new type. I think gathering for this that 'fae type' i assume that it is going to be made up of pokemon based on things of mythology.
    Some of ypur ideas are absolutely brilliant i.e. Water horse pokemon would be awesome and even a gnome or goblin would be cool.
    I think you misread me. That was an argument against the existance of a Fairy type. An "everything type" isn't a good thing lol
    Last edited by Elnava; 1st May 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Now that is a very child like view on the topic
    As stated before fairy does not mean what has been implanted in your head when you were younger, try thinking about more, expanding your strain of thought
    Pokemon fan base is home to an incredible amount and variety of people, and this new supposed type would be liked by many
    The game has to develop and will most diffinatly have changes and add on that people won't and will liked, there will allways be a mixed reaction to everything....

Edit:
    Ungoliath you may won't to get rid of that double post.

*also look at what game freak have deemed as a fairy pokemon
    Good points, I think that a lot of Fairy types will not be as girly as some are thinking. Look at Xerneas.

I also think that if it is true, GF will keep the Fairy name. I think they like to keep their type names short and simple, and some of those that people have mentioned seem a little more complicated and it won't make sense to all audiences. Except for maybe Magic, but I think Fairy makes more sense. We already have the corresponding egg group with that name.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hoenn Pokédex: Caught 120/211
    Friend Code: 3497-2105-7478 (Scott)

Page 911 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 81186190190790890991091191291391491592196110111911 ... LastLast