Page 1 of 526 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Default Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discuss and speculate about the GAMEPLAY FEATURES in Pokemon X & Y. This includes gameplay mechanics, new features, attacks, items, music and etc when they are revealed.

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I'm heavily anticipating what new non-battling side-quest feature will be present. After Pokestar Studios, I'm expecting something big and unique which has a long replayability value.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

So... why are people still complaining about it being on the 3DS?

By the time the games are out, the system will have been out for 2 and a half years, which incidentally is about the same amount of time that the DS was out before Diamond and Pearl were released. People weren't complaining about those not being on the GBA (as far as I remember).

I know the 3DS looks similar to the DS, but it is a new console...

I'm hoping features within the game include the ability to transfer old pokemon from past generations, say from black and white to x & y like how they did in black and white with the older games.

Something makes me think that this game might not have the feature, but it could since ds games can be played on a 3ds.
    KROOKODILE!!!

I really liked the new look, it reminds me of Colosseum a lot. But I wish they'd have an option to go back to normal graphics, I would like to be able to go back and forth with the graphics, but is probably not gonna happen.
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Is it an overworld look like bw or a more 3d look coz i say both in the trailer ?

Based on the trailer i would assume that we would be having a Ghost/Dark, Bug and a Fire gym in this region

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    I really liked the new look, it reminds me of Colosseum a lot. But I wish they'd have an option to go back to normal graphics, I would like to be able to go back and forth with the graphics, but is probably not gonna happen.
    they HAVE to let you transfer pokemon. The reason the first gen couldnt transfer to second gen is because they got a completely new system, new cartridges and new mechanics. I doubt they will change the tried and true mechanics of now, and dissapoint countless fans by not letting you transfer. Not only that, the system has essentially stayed the same (still DS) and the game cartridges are pretty much excactly the same. I would definitely expect old pokemon to be transferable.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

It'd be good if they'd introduce proper battle facilities again like Emerald's Battle Frontier (still the best so far IMO). Cramming a dozen features into a subway station and a tournament isn't nearly as exciting as having distinctly different buildings with unique battle styles, complete with gigantic island for exploration.

PokeStar Studios was definitely a refreshing side feature, it'll be interesting to see what Game Freak does from there. Musicals didn't really cut it for me as Contests did back in RSE.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I really would like to see how they would showcase a missed attack during battle, hope doesn't just pop up a message saying that the attack was missed and rather show the pokemon dodging the attack in it's own distinct way.

White 2 Name: Taiki>>White 2 FC: 0991 9867 5350
    3DS FC: 1203-9241-9512

I wonder if the side-quest might involve fashion somehow? With the speculation that you can customize your character, and Paris being a big place for fashion, I could see them doing something like Pokemon Fashion Shows or something?

One thing I want to see in this game, usage of the 3DS's cameras. I was hoping for something like that in black/white, but seeing as those are DS games and only the DSI and 3ds have cameras I see why it wasn't included as a game mechanic(Not including the 3DS dream radar).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Based on the trailer i would assume that we would be having a Ghost/Dark, Bug and a Fire gym in this region
    That tree with rope swings could be a Grass gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    I wonder if the side-quest might involve fashion somehow? With the speculation that you can customize your character, and Paris being a big place for fashion, I could see them doing something like Pokemon Fashion Shows or something?
    A Fashion Contest would be interesting to have rather than a musical. There are props to begin with. They just need to implement it in a different way.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'd like to see Contests return, since the new region seems to be based on France, a country fitting for the feature.

Upon watching the trailer video I simply LOVED the graphic. Humans/scenarios seem so realisc! Fantastic!

3D graphics are a huge step up, but anyone disappointed that it still looks as if the overworld is grid-based?

Musicals were so superfluous. Contests and the Battle Frontier were great, which is why Emerald is still one of my favourite games.

My Gen V Mono-Psychic Team ~ Made by me
    FC: 2423 3256 7374
    Friend safari is Psychic (coincidentally). I have Abra, Gothorita, and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant..123 View Post
    3D graphics are a huge step up, but anyone disappointed that it still looks as if the overworld is grid-based?

Musicals were so superfluous. Contests and the Battle Frontier were great, which is why Emerald is still one of my favourite games.
    Kind of, yeah. It's not quite as free as I would've liked it to be.

As long as any form of Contests are (re)introduced, I'll be happy. I've only experienced the DPPt ones, so the RSE ones would be a nice challenge for me, too.

Anyone else thinking we'll be getting back the C-Gear or at least something similar? The C-Gear was the best, due to it being customizable with backgrounds and such and then we also needed it for Infrared, Wireless communication & Game Sync(DW)

I don't believe they'll get rid of the DW for a new gen...they'll probably just upgrade it, new mini games, Pokemon, etc
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Anyone else thinking we'll be getting back the C-Gear or at least something similar? The C-Gear was the best, due to it being customizable with backgrounds and such and then we also needed it for Infrared, Wireless communication & Game Sync(DW)

I don't believe they'll get rid of the DW for a new gen...they'll probably just upgrade it, new mini games, Pokemon, etc
    I personally want the Poketch back, even if that was a DPPt exclusive, what with introducing the concept of touch screens and all. I hope something similar is present here, too.

On another note, so... no Pokemon following you... again. ;_;

I have a feeling X and Y will be doing something big. Odds are that they didn't just hype the hell out of these games just because "OMG 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!". There's probably going to be doing something way more revolutionary with these games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I watched the trailer again and noticed something. In the forest the MC does a 90ş turn lol. I think we're still stuck with 4 directions in a fully 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I have a feeling X and Y will be doing something big. Odds are that they didn't just hype the hell out of these games just because "OMG 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!". There's probably going to be doing something way more revolutionary with these games.
    I hope that "big thing" is "a storyline with actual plot twists and feels".

I REALLY hope there's trainer customization!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Then shouldnt they have put that in the trailer. I dont know. I think 3d deserves this kinda hype. I mean, it was due from dppt

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Psychic/Ghost/Dark. Bug is definitely a gym, and the fire room may be too big to just be a room in a gym, I think it may be an E4 room. And then there was the big tree.. Which may end up being a Grass-type gym? In any case, it gave me Zelda vibes..

Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPikachu View Post
    they HAVE to let you transfer pokemon. The reason the first gen couldnt transfer to second gen is because they got a completely new system, new cartridges and new mechanics. I doubt they will change the tried and true mechanics of now, and dissapoint countless fans by not letting you transfer. Not only that, the system has essentially stayed the same (still DS) and the game cartridges are pretty much excactly the same. I would definitely expect old pokemon to be transferable.
    You mean between the second and third gen? First and second gen were intercompatible..

Quote Originally Posted by yba_990 View Post
    I really would like to see how they would showcase a missed attack during battle, hope doesn't just pop up a message saying that the attack was missed and rather show the pokemon dodging the attack in it's own distinct way.
    They don't really say that it misses anymore, it's always that the opponent dodges. I think this will be consistent.. I think the opponent will just move a few steps. It will make it more real life though, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Pokemon: Turning queerer by the generation.. Contests, Musicals, now fashion shows? I never set a foot further in PokeMusicals then I had to.. Never went back.. Worthless addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Upon watching the trailer video I simply LOVED the graphic. Humans/scenarios seem so realisc! Fantastic!
    The 'humans' looked like Mii's.. Not impressed..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 1 of 526 123451151101 ... LastLast