Page 2 of 526 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I really hope that RNG mechanics will still work with these games. I don't want to have to go back to hatching 50 or so eggs a day just to get a "decent" IVed pokemon.

I suppose this means that a gen 5 stadium game is out of the question. I'm looking forward to new moves, abilities, and type combinations though. And that Y version legendary looks awesome!
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Could the "big change" be replacing Gym Badges with something else entirely? Like, artifacts needed to, uh, save the world? Or is that way too big of an overhaul?

I swear if Game Freak doesn't make a Dark type gym I will not be a happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    So... why are people still complaining about it being on the 3DS?
    I think that it mostly stem from the fact that they either don't want to buy a 3DS or can't buy one at the current time.

Still a pointless excuse though since whenever Nintendo release a new handheld a Pokémon is surely to be release for the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    I watched the trailer again and noticed something. In the forest the MC does a 90ş turn lol. I think we're still stuck with 4 directions in a fully 3D game.
    Yeah I noticed that as well, I am starting to think that Game Freak themselves walk in 4 directions... Eh doesn't bother me since complaining about how the Main character walks would be like complaining how the grass looks.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 8th January 2013 at 4:39 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I personally want the Poketch back, even if that was a DPPt exclusive, what with introducing the concept of touch screens and all. I hope something similar is present here, too.

On another note, so... no Pokemon following you... again. ;_;
    They could have a thing that is both the Poketch & C-Gear...keeping the communicating feature of C-Gear while adding the little apps like Berry Searcher(if planting berries returns) & Day Care Checker

Lol the Pokemon following you would be awesome in this new 3D environment
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

I hope that "big thing" is "a storyline with actual plot twists and feels".
    You mean like what BW1 did? Yeah, that's real revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I REALLY hope there's trainer customization!
    Take this with a grain of salt, but when the male character is looking in the mirror at the beginning of the trailer, he's wearing sunglasses, but he's not in the overworld. That could be an indication of trainer customization.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Then shouldnt they have put that in the trailer. I dont know. I think 3d deserves this kinda hype. I mean, it was due from dppt
    Not necessarily. They gave us enough in the trailer to get excited about and they may want us to keep coming back for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Yeah I noticed that as well, I am starting to think that Game Freak themselves walk in 4 directions... Eh doesn't bother me since complaining about how the Main character walks would be likecomplaining how the grass looks.
    360ş movement alone doesn't add much but together with camera control, a huge region and lots of free roaming would make the game much more immersive and fun. Just imagine the hours we could spend exploring caves, islands, volcanic regions, forests *_*
    Last edited by Axel.; 8th January 2013 at 4:38 PM.

Could the "big change" be replacing Gym Badges with something else entirely? Like, artifacts needed to, uh, save the world? Or is that way too big of an overhaul?
    I'd love for gyms to become more of a side thing, actually. As long as the main quest is awesome.

My Gen V Mono-Psychic Team ~ Made by me
    FC: 2423 3256 7374
    Friend safari is Psychic (coincidentally). I have Abra, Gothorita, and Espurr.

From the trailer, and guessing obviously. I think we may not get a bike this time around. Which would make sense since animating riding a bike seems like it would be fairly difficult, and skates are practically free animation.

I wonder whether flying type Pokemon will just hover or flutter in place in the 3D battle scenes? Well I trust Gamefreak with whatever they chose!

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

thats tooo big a change. i highly doubt it. i will be sad too if this happens. gyms are the very essence of a pkmn journey.
    if they throw that their basically creating a new franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I REALLY hope there's trainer customization!
    I agree, gamefreak makes terrible charracter so they should just let us create our own. And why do they all need to wear some form of headwear, it is quite frustrating.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

For the love of Samus, I want them to have a different plot this time. BW was a step in the right direction (Gym leaders actually got involved, and you had to help them out, for instance), but I was very disappointed when B2W2 took three steps back and made it more like the previous gens.

if they throw that their basically creating a new franchise.
    I disagree. Shin Megami Tensei can have a new plot, characters, and universe (there are...what, seven alternate universes in the series now?) and it's still obviously MegaTen. Pokemon can totally do the same thing, just changing the plot won't make it a different franchise (doubly so if they keep it in the same world as the previous main series titles).

I don't think gamefreak would change the formula like that. I mean, badges have always been on the games, and removing it would make fans a little confused. But, since black/white started implementing the gyms and the E4 into the story, I think that it isn't too crazy to think that they could take a more important role in the story. But replacing the gym badges entirely? I don't think that's gonna happen.
    And, on a sidenote, it was just about time to have a 3D characters in Pokémon, They already had a bunch of 3D models in B/W after all. But I miss walking with pokémon...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Oh yeah, I'm going to be the person who scares everyone away from this thread and bring in some programming speculation, but...

I wonder if they're able to do all this 3D stuff solely because of the 3DS and enhanced space capabilities or because they finally went "well screw this, let's write this in a more efficient programming language"?

I'm hoping the battle system is still fast and streamlined like Black & White. One thing that was apparent with 3D Pokemon games was the animations would take longer than the 2D counterparts making the battles feel somewhat sluggish by comparison. But seeing the trailer more does seem to show that the speed of the battles is still there. I would also like to customize my character. It would be nice if players got the chance to make themselves in a Pokemon game. Hell maybe even add parts that would make you look like other popular Nintendo characters like Mario or Link. I also want to see the option for random Wifi battles for the Online play. It would be nice to just battle random people all over the world without having to worry about specific events or friend codes.

Lastly this is more of a personal wish but I would love to have my Pokemon follow me wherever I go again like in HG and SS. Seriously they were just cute to have outside with you. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm going to be the person who scares everyone away from this thread and bring in some programming speculation, but...

I wonder if they're able to do all this 3D stuff solely because of the 3DS and enhanced space capabilities or because they finally went "well screw this, let's write this in a more efficient programming language"?
    It's most likely a combination of both. In BW I noticed that they were heading towards the 3D direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You mean like what BW1 did? Yeah, that's real revolutionary.
    BW1 was lacking in the "feels" sector, though. N's goodbye wasn't exactly the most emotional of all, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I don't think gamefreak would change the formula like that. I mean, badges have always been on the games, and removing it would make fans a little confused. But, since black/white started implementing the gyms and the E4 into the story, I think that it isn't too crazy to think that they could take a more important role in the story. But replacing the gym badges entirely? I don't think that's gonna happen.
    And, on a sidenote, it was just about time to have a 3D characters in Pokémon, They already had a bunch of 3D models in B/W after all. But I miss walking with pokémon...
    Coughcough XD/Colloseum/PBR cough

i wonder what the gyms will be like though....maybe more complex puzzles?

on the competitive side of the gameplay, "aka" VGC, i wonder, with it being on the 3ds, will less people do VGC and competitive battling?

The moves seen on the trailer looked AWESOME, and i wonder if depending on what Pokemon uses it, do their positions and movemet vary? Like Zapdos using heatwave, i'd like to see how that works.

i hope they also bring back tutors, so i dont have to do everything in bw2, then transfer over.

I'd like to see how they pull of the 3D. So far, it looks like it's going very well. I like all the nature, it makes me happy to have less... other stuff.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

yeah, so I found pokerus 1 hour of playtime into ORAS.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post

They got the dev kit before bw and i bet they have been fiddling with it ever since all for gen 6.
    I think they use assembly or c++ for the 3ds, not sure. Do they have their own language for 3ds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    I wonder whether flying type Pokemon will just hover or flutter in place in the 3D battle scenes? Well I trust Gamefreak with whatever they chose!
    I'm thinkin some will just flutter like the animated sprites of BW/B2W2 and then there will be the ones that will just stand there and raise their wings or some other bird like movement occasionally
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    I'm thinkin some will just flutter like the animated sprites of BW/B2W2 and then there will be the ones that will just stand there and raise their wings or some other bird like movement occasionally
    Yeah that wouldn't be too bad as long as they don't look too stiff but more natural; I'm also curious about what "Surf battles" are gonna be like, unless they just cut them out completely (which I doubt). Also I'm hoping the Pokemon will be somewhat proportional during battles, like for example if Froakie attacked Arceus with whatever physical move it did, then it'd love tiny instead of the same size.

Not that I mind too much, it'd just be cool to see them make that much of an effort.

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

Yeah that wouldn't be too bad as long as they don't look too stiff but more natural; I'm also curious about what "Surf battles" are gonna be like, unless they just cut them out completely (which I doubt). Also I'm hoping the Pokemon will be somewhat proportional during battles, like for example if Froakie attacked Arceus with whatever physical move it did, then it'd love tiny instead of the same size.

Not that I mind too much, it'd just be cool to see them make that much of an effort.
    Haha didn't even think of that, I really want to see what solution they come up with. Maybe they'll pull a jesus and just stand on water or on small surfaces like when Ash fought Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Haha didn't even think of that, I really want to see what solution they come up with. Maybe they'll pull a jesus and just stand in water or on small surfaces like when Ash fought Misty.
    A Jesus? Haha, I'm thinking atm it will probably stay the same as it always has been with Pokemon using their chakra to stand and battle on the water. I guess it's not that big of an issue, but your small surface idea isn't have bad!

Now I think about it, the way Magikarp was jumping about I wonder if in Surf battles it makes the actual water splash, that'd be cool.

The surf battles will probably be the same as Gen V, with the water tiles and you have the water moving around...if you look back at the trailer you see the battle on grass uses the same grassy area like the one from B2W2

I was thinking the samething about the sizes but when you think about it I doubt it would work...imagine Froakie vs Groudon o_O
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

Page 2 of 526 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast