Page 4 of 526 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Now that's awesome. I don't have to worry about ever one-time moving my Pokemon again until Gen VII comes around XD
    Hopefully they do this, it's an awesome idea I got while on that I got on the can lol XD. In fact, Masuda better see this so he can implement it.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I'm wondering what will be removed from previous generations, and what will be added from them as well, assume either case will happen.

Safari Zone/Marsh returns? Maybe we can start gambling again? Will be have VS Seeker back? Kind of doubt the last two, but I wouldn't mind the first one so long as it's simple.

As for removed, I don't see Musicals, Movies, Join Avenue, and some other stuff being here. I'd imagine they'll do something different for the side attractions, not sure what though.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    lol

anyhoo did anyone else wonder how they do the swinging on the rope/vine thing?
    Probably just press a or something and the game does all the work for you, I think there was a gap under there that had no bottom so...probably can't do it ourselves to avoid falling to our death.

Although it'd be nice if we had to move it back and forth to jump across.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Steve View Post
    I'm hoping the battle system is still fast and streamlined like Black & White. One thing that was apparent with 3D Pokemon games was the animations would take longer than the 2D counterparts making the battles feel somewhat sluggish by comparison. But seeing the trailer more does seem to show that the speed of the battles is still there. I would also like to customize my character. It would be nice if players got the chance to make themselves in a Pokemon game. Hell maybe even add parts that would make you look like other popular Nintendo characters like Mario or Link.
    Bolded : This is what I'm worried about most, I loved/adored the battle speed and the fact that battles ran at a smooth (90% of the time) 60fps, it's one of the main reasons why I played B/W and B2/W2 so much because of the smooth battles. Things still seem to be up to speed (for battles) and I really hope they are as smooth as B/W. I don't care too much about customizing my trainer, unless I can randomly cosplay as other characters. I'd rather look like another Nintendo character than to make my own.....I think.
    I also want to see the option for random Wifi battles for the Online play. It would be nice to just battle random people all over the world without having to worry about specific events or friend codes.
    Didn't B/W and B2/W2 actually do this already?

Lastly this is more of a personal wish but I would love to have my Pokemon follow me wherever I go again like in HG and SS. Seriously they were just cute to have outside with you. :3
    Not a feature I truly care about but it's still a very nice one nonetheless.

Wow is all I can really say. While I am extremely sad to see sprites go away, s looks amazing. Trainers have heights, and pokemon might actually be shown as large or small. Plus the whole jumping on the vine thing was really cool too. While I'm sad to see the old graphics go away, I'm excited to see the new things.

Although I hope breeding mechanics dont change too much
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Maybe they'll make a 3ds app, that can only be played with a Gen V game in the slot. The app copies (COPIES, not transfers, hehe) into its memory, and saves it. Then you load up Pokemon X/Y, and go to the Pal Park/Poketransfer equivalent, hit transfer option and send pokes from the app that's alrerady on the 3ds. This way, it only takes one 3DS, but is a little longer.
    Make it happen, Game Freak!
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I think that it isn't a fire gym but a fire elite four
    Fire Red team :
    Heart gold team:
    emerald team:
    W2 team:

I really dig the new mechanics and graphics, except for the backgrounds...
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

you know it would be pretty dank if they made the battles more real this is just because of watching Magikarp derping around but it would def be a new interesting mechanic
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by ilimitz3 View Post
    I think that it isn't a fire gym but a fire elite four
    I agree with you there. That room looks a little too grand to just be a gym leaders room.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I for one, would love to see a way that would allow you to have a pokemon follow you outside it's pokeball and the team photography like in HG/SS. Also, I would love to see an alternate system, in parallel, to trading, like a Donation System, that would allow a trainer to trade a pokemon without getting anything in return as a gesture of goodwill from the giver, that way, the Receiver Trainer wouldn't have to spend resources, like pokeballs or other battle intervinient items he/she might need in the future, for just capturing a filler pokemon and trade it for the one he/she wants from the Giver Trainer, that way the Giver wouldn't be filling up his/her PC boxes, and to this maybe there could be a NPC that would reward the player with an item from a wide variety of them as a token of amazement, and a "Pokemon For An Item" choice of trading, literally trading a pokemon for an item. Gotta get my hands on a 3DS, though.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

I'm hoping for the return of contests but more anime like. For example you need to tilt the 3DS to keep them balancing on a ball and than using certain attacks for a appeal. Also a possible league like the anime where you rivals are people you have done streetpass with

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I'm hoping for the return of contests but more anime like. For example you need to tilt the 3DS to keep them balancing on a ball and than using certain attacks for a appeal. Also a possible league like the anime where you rivals are people you have done streetpass with
    I would absolutely love that! It would really make use of the 3DS aside from the graphics! Of course, it helps that I love contests already, but that would surely make people at least give contests one more try if they didn't like them in the third generation.

And plus, six is a multiple of three, so who knows? The two generations might resonate more than we think... :P

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    you know it would be pretty dank if they made the battles more real this is just because of watching Magikarp derping around but it would def be a new interesting mechanic
    I hope to god we don't get trainers with 6 Magikarp again.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Do we know whether the game has full 360 degree movement? I may have missed it in the trailer but it still looked like the player characters travelled in straight lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I hope to god we don't get trainers with 6 Magikarp again.
    oh its happening *post troll face here*
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I agree with you there. That room looks a little too grand to just be a gym leaders room.
    I disagree it's a fire type gym so it has to look intense. We have never gotten elite four footage before a game releases and I don't think they're starting now. Also look at Drayden's gym his looked phenomenal yet he was a gym leader but we'll see in the coming months. Hopefully sooner than later.

I hope it's a fire gym not elite 4 member. We got that much more recently. I mean there was only 2 gens with fire gym leaders.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I hope it's a fire gym not elite 4 member. We got that much more recently. I mean there was only 2 gens with fire gym leaders.
    I know right? We need another fire gym and I'll reiterate that we need a dark type gym. I won't hold my breath but if we do finally get one I'll explode with joy.

Just realized that when the girl character is running over the bridge, there's a statue on the background of a trainer with a Golurk and a Palpitoad. Wonder if he's a champion or something like that

I just hope we don't have another rock gym, and if we do let's hope and pray it isn't the first gym DX

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I'm so freakin excited, don't know why, I'm 26 work in a office, but just got home and watched the trailer.

Had to walk off at work and check serebii for the news at 11.15 not expecting this but secretly wished it, ha, don't usually get much in what I want at work, but woaaaaah man, I went back to work with a smile.

I'm so happy my life is simple enough for this to be the best news I've had all day!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Just realized that when the girl character is running over the bridge, there's a statue on the background of a trainer with a Golurk and a Palpitoad. Wonder if he's a champion or something like that
    If you look closely, you can see the Golurk holding an Eevee. Perhaps more fuel for a new eeveelution?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Do we know whether the game has full 360 degree movement? I may have missed it in the trailer but it still looked like the player characters travelled in straight lines.
    It's still a grid system if that's what you're asking.

About the gym leaders, Bug and Psychic type gym leaders and a Fire type Elite 4 member are pretty much confirmed, aside from that I'd want:

Gyms (in no particular order):
    Ground
    Bug
    Psychic
    Steel
    Dark
    Poison
    Fighting
    Ghost

Elite 4:
    Grass
    Fire
    Electric
    Flying
    Multitype champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Thoughts on HMs?

I think they need to go, to tell you the truth. They take up a slot and a Pokemon shouldn't have to learn a move via HM when it's something the Pokemon should already naturally be able to do (water Pokemon surfing, etc.)
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Thoughts on HMs?

I think they need to go, to tell you the truth. They take up a slot and a Pokemon shouldn't have to learn a move via HM when it's something the Pokemon should already naturally be able to do (water Pokemon surfing, etc.)
    I see no issues with them, so long as they are like B/W you'd only need them for side stuff.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 4 of 526 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast