Page 5 of 526 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I see no issues with them, so long as they are like B/W you'd only need them for side stuff.
    Ok now that I'd be OK with.

I think 4th gen was the biggest offender of this. I had to have 2 Pokemon in my party for the majority of HMs, and then my water type knew Surf and my Flying type new Fly.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Did someone Already discuss Customizable Avatars (IE Player Characters)?
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

I'd like if instead of having a Pokemon Musical or Pokewood they would implement a kind of Pokemon Snap-esque side quest that involves taking pictures of Pokemon and the surrounding scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEDGE View Post
    Did someone Already discuss Customizable Avatars (IE Player Characters)?
    Yeah. Some like the idea, others don't. I liked the idea at first but I don't anymore. Seems kinda pointless unless others get to see your character.

If there isn't a feature where I can send my older pokemon from Generation 5 to these new Gen 6 games, I'm considering not purchasing them.

I have like, 10 million legends and usable pokes on B/W/B2/W2, accumulated from about 8 years of work dating back to gen 3. So there's a solid 8 years of gaming down the drain. It sounds so stupid to give up a franchise solely because of this, but I'm a bit on the older side, about to start College, and restarting on pokemon is just too much to deal with everything else going on.

This isn't like the gen gap between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen; The seeding system and IV/EV/Nature mechanics aren't (probably AND hopefully) going to change, so there HAS to be some way, through a 3DS program or something, to transfer pokemon.

Boss battles such as gyms, villains and especially the champion are going to look extremely epic with these new battle visuals XD
    So what if Dragonite were to receive a mega evo? Dragonitenite :P

HMs, huh? I think that they need to either make them more useful or downgrade them. If you're going to force us to have them on us, they need to be useful in and outside of battle. We don't need 3 Water type HMs. We don't need HMs with low base power (I'm looking at you Rock Smash). We don't need HMs that are only used to clear simple obstacles. If it's not something you'd expect to use all of the time, it shouldn't be an HM, but it could be a TM if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicmfc View Post
    Boss battles such as gyms, villains and especially the champion are going to look extremely epic with these new battle visuals XD
    I'm actually most looking forward to the new backgrounds in battle. Would certainly add extra degrees of realism to the battles which were so sorely needed for a long, long time.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    If there isn't a feature where I can send my older pokemon from Generation 5 to these new Gen 6 games, I'm considering not purchasing them.
    Well the DS and 3DS can communicate, so you'll probably only need a DS and 3DS to transfer pokemon. As long as there aren't any drastic changes to game mechanics, like the jump to Gen 3 you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Ok now that I'd be OK with.

I think 4th gen was the biggest offender of this. I had to have 2 Pokemon in my party for the majority of HMs, and then my water type knew Surf and my Flying type new Fly.
    I'd say Kanto is worse, simply because Cut trees are freakin' everywhere. Sinnoh does get extra points for forcing you to have Rock Climb, Strength and Surf to climb Mt. Coronet and having to battle 2 Galactic Admins, Cyrus and Giritina with an HM Slave or weakened team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

oh, ok. just wanted to be sure
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

I'll assume we'll just have a Poke-Park type area like they did to transfer Gen III to Gen IV Pokemon.

The thing I just want the most to be able to customize the trainer .
    #BuyUltraviolance

I hope they keep seasons. It was a great addition.

One thing I really really really hope they never do again is make challenge mode exclusive to one version.

I almost boycotted BW2 because of that, but I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    I hope they keep seasons. It was a great addition.
    Except for the part where if you miss something, you have to wait another 3 months. I think they should do something that functions similar, but has a less ridiculous wait time. For instance, what if it was weather, not seasons, that affects the area? Sunny weather could dry up watery areas allowing you to explore more low lying areas. Rainy weather could flood the area allowing you to explore higher areas. Hail could do the same thing that winter did. Best of all, weather would only last for a day or so and could come back weekly so there's no ridiculous wait times.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Except for the part where if you miss something, you have to wait another 3 months. I think they should do something that functions similar, but has a less ridiculous wait time. For instance, what if it was weather, not seasons, that affects the area? Sunny weather could dry up watery areas allowing you to explore more low lying areas. Rainy weather could flood the area allowing you to explore higher areas. Hail could do the same thing that winter did. Best of all, weather would only last for a day or so and could come back weekly so there's no ridiculous wait times.
    you snooze you lose.

and i would love a Customizable Avatar, especially if others could see it when you are bettleing them.

also (not sure if we have any info on this yet) do you think you can see the trainers on the side of the battlefield in this game?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I really don't like the 3d battling, I feel that was something they should keep into the non portable game system games like XD.
    †RIP 04/16/1994-10/13/2012†

I hope Poison actually becomes super-effective to something OTHER than Grass. Poison is one of my favourite types, and it's embarissingly bad.

Give unto us our Easy/Challenge Modes on both games from the start, our HGSS-style overworld touchscreen functionality, our BW2-style Y button functionality, PC organization and Repel prompts, and our DPPt-style eight-pocket Bag, and I will be a happy Boy.

Mind you, knowing GameFreak, we'll get a touchscreen that permanently shows a smiling Pikachu, our Bag will be RBY-style, and lol anything from BW2.

I'm just wondering what new dual types with be possibly be introduced in 6th Gen. I'm personally want to see an Electric/Fighting type or a Rock/Dragon, I think that would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    you snooze you lose.
    It's still ridiculous. 3 months is a long time considering that we get new main series games every year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeofSpades View Post
    I hope Poison actually becomes super-effective to something OTHER than Grass. Poison is one of my favourite types, and it's embarissingly bad.
    Agreed..i would say it should be effective against Psychic

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'm just wondering what new dual types with be possibly be introduced in 6th Gen. I'm personally want to see an Electric/Fighting type or a Rock/Dragon, I think that would work well.
    Just letting you know that Zapdos and Thunderus do exist..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Psychic is already super effective vs it? That wouldn't help anything.
    †RIP 04/16/1994-10/13/2012†

Everyone has been pointing out that the japanese logo has a double helix shape in it, implying DNA, and maybe the game has something to do with genetics. Also, being that X and Y are the sex chromosomes, the biology major part of me jumped to thinking maybe there is some new breeding mechanic? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    No love for Grass/Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That would actually be a pretty good idea. The weather could just be more common in one season and/or missing from one of the seasons (snow in summer would be *kind of* weird). I do hope they do make more differences between seasons, though, even if they do have some exclusives. Spring and Autumn changed practically nothing in BWB2W2.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    If anything is changed (I don't really see them changing type match-ups at this point), I think it should be super effective against Fighting. Fighting is strong against five types, and has only two weaknesses, so I don't really think giving 'ol Poison a little boost will harm it too much.

Psychic would be kind of pointless considering it's already super effective against Poison. Plus those poor Grass/Psychic types don't need another weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar. View Post
    Just letting you know that Zapdos and Thunderus do exist...
    You misread, he said Electric/Fighting.

re: HMs, I honestly thing they should just do away with they whole idea. Just make them TMs, except have them all grouped together or something. The inability to delete them has always been stupid IMO. I suppose it would be kind of pointless because you could just delete it straight after using it, though.
    AS:

Page 5 of 526 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast