Page 8 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    That would be interesting. But, if there were given those, like Blaziken with Blaze Kick, then later on their moves will probably be shared with others.

Your signature is too funny
    Most moves can already be learned by other Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I'm just saying it's possible, though we won't know for sure until later news. That, and walking in one direction with an analog stick is kind of hard to do, trust me, I always get urges to move my character constantly when I play my 3DS.

Though, are you sure it's confirmed to be a follower? It could be another player in wireless play. Also, the distance doesn't seem quite right for a follower either, and wouldn't it have been a double battle instead of a single battle when running into that wild Pikachu? Just trying to throw in some possible points.
    You don't have to tell me about quad-directional control and analog sticks, but that's why the 3DS has a Dpad. It's definitely a follower, if it was anything else there would be more attention drawn to it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hm, for all we know they could have already done it....am I the only one who likes Froakie? Having a bit of an Oshawott syndrome here
    Dear Arceus...THE CHROMOSOMES

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Most moves can already be learned by other Pokemon.
    I think that's what I said...

Maybe they can do it for the Legendary specific ones. I for one would love to see and overdone 3D animation of PsyStrike

I think that's what I said...
    You said 'later on their moves will probably be shared by others.'

Not that they are, currently, shared by other Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

i would like a training gym. An alternative place to EV train, allowing you to get a more precise number easily.

You said 'later on their moves will probably be shared by others.'

Not that they are, currently, shared by other Pokemon.
    I was pointing that to signature moves you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    i would like a training gym. An alternative place to EV train, allowing you to get a more precise number easily.
    That would be a nice addition. Maybe even a feature to see your EVs and IVs so breeding isn't that hard.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

I am wondering about Dream World. Will the Pokemon X and Y still use dream world? Because I hope Pokemon Company will still update Dream world for Gen V while Gen VI is current.

Even most of those aren't really signature. There are event Pokemon with others' signature moves.

The event pokemon wouldn't fit in in such a case. Moving on, just speculation....Maybe we could use the 3D's quasi motion controls....

Quote Originally Posted by djangoyama View Post
    The event pokemon wouldn't fit in in such a case. Moving on, just speculation....Maybe we could use the 3D's quasi motion controls....
    For what, exactly?

Puzzles. Puzzles

Puzzles. Puzzles
    your puzzles are finding your way to the gym leader.

your puzzles are finding your way to the gym leader.
    ......So you're saying the motion controls wouldn't be a good idea?

They'd really have limited use, besides which, moving the 3DS makes it really hard to actually use the 3D.

Even most of those aren't really signature. There are event Pokemon with others' signature moves.

They could just make it so that certain moves have unique animations for certain Pokemon. For instance, lets say when Hitmonlee uses Blaze Kick, it just has generic Blaze Kick animation, but when Blaziken uses Blaze Kick, it has an animation exclusive to Blaziken, and Blaziken moves accordingly.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

motion controls? how do you mean to incorporate them. Are you also talking about physical motion controls, such as I throw my arm and it registers it as throwing an item; than yes I think it is a bad idea, or I move my 3ds to the side, and see other things that would be off screen, maybe as a turn around option. But I could not be thinkng about what your thinking.
    Last edited by Heldigunner1; 9th January 2013 at 1:34 AM.

motion controls? how do you mean to incorporate them. Are you also taking about physical motion controls, such as I throw my arm and it registers it as throwing an item; than yes I think it is a bad idea. But I could not be thinknh about what your thinking.
    The 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope. It can sense motion when it is moved.

I don't see why someone cannot refute what have to say without some insult. At any rate, I actually meant simple stuff..like that "turn around" thing, or just looking further offscreen

I don't see why someone cannot refute what have to say without some insult. At any rate, I actually meant simple stuff..like that "turn around" thing, or just looking further offscreen
    Well for one, you never explained yourself. So the blame is at least partially on you.

Besides which, there doesn't appear to be any way to look around at all.

The videos didn't really show much, so it's up in the air. I'll admit that I didn't explain properly, but I would't think of something too outlandish for the 3DS's capabilities

Did I spy rollerblades in the trailer, that'll be better than the plain old running shoes.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    So... why are people still complaining about it being on the 3DS?

By the time the games are out, the system will have been out for 2 and a half years, which incidentally is about the same amount of time that the DS was out before Diamond and Pearl were released. People weren't complaining about those not being on the GBA (as far as I remember).

I know the 3DS looks similar to the DS, but it is a new console...
    Beats me. I'm just glad to finally have a Pokémon game that actually interest me (skipped out on the 5th gen and was disappointed with the 4th gen). If the game looks as good as I hope it is, it'll convince me to buy a 3DS.
    I have a feeling X and Y will be doing something big. Odds are that they didn't just hype the hell out of these games just because "OMG 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!". There's probably going to be doing something way more revolutionary with these games.
    I'm curious about how the online will improve. Given that Nintendo Network is a big step-up from Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, I look forward to how the Pokémon Company takes advantage of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Yeah I noticed that as well, I am starting to think that Game Freak themselves walk in 4 directions... Eh doesn't bother me since complaining about how the Main character walks would be like complaining how the grass looks.
    I won't lie, that does bother me. Hopefully this is not the case.

The videos didn't really show much, so it's up in the air. I'll admit that I didn't explain properly, but I would't think of something too outlandish for the 3DS's capabilities
    Well there's no need of it really, you can see everything you need to. And again, moving the 3DS while you're using the 3D breaks the illusion.

Page 8 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast