Page 30 of 526 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I think there's a good way of incorporating PWT, PokeWood, Pokeathlon, Contests and Musicals into one.

The Ultimate Pokemon Contest!!!

There will be 8 contestants similar to the PWT but is divided into left and right brackets, with 4 competitors each.
    You only compete with the other 3 in the same bracket as yours.

Round 1: Visuals
    :: This is basically the condition and Dress-up part of the game.

Round 2: Musical
    :: Rather than following the Dance mechanic from DPPt, this will incorporate the Musical Feature instead.

Round 3: Athletics
    :: This is basically a mini-Pokeathlon, with a single event or two, that vary depending on the theme (Cute, Cool, etc...).

After these three rounds, the performance will be evaluated and the top finalist from your each bracket will proceed to the finals.

Final Round: Battle
    :: The Top 2 Pokemon will battle each other and at the same time, must consider their moves in order to earn Appeal points. The battle may only last for 3-5 turns and fainting the opponent may not be necessary. But using effective moves against your opponent or simply fainting them within 3-5 turns should earn you enough appeal to win the whole competition.

This contest is "televised" and the more you win, the more you earn fans. And the more you become popular, the more chances of facing Gym Leaders (who obviously dominated the other bracket).

The Gym Leaders you face could depend on the Contests' theme, too. For example, you might face Chuck if you enter "Tough" competitions or face Elesa in the "Beauty" competition.

I don't think they'll ever do this, but hey, we can dream.
    Awesome idea!<3
    I was trying to come up with an idea where all these side games where mashed up in one,
    But you figured it out flawlessley!
    I would spend soooo much time playing this if they were to actually add it in!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I would like Contests that are more similar to Hoenn's but also incorporating a battling element.

The first round could be the appeals. Maybe we're given a certain amount of turns (like 5 in Hoenn) to gather hearts, or maybe we can combine moves to make combinations. I'm not sure how the battles would differentiate from regular ones though.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I would like Contests that are more similar to Hoenn's but also incorporating a battling element.

The first round could be the appeals. Maybe we're given a certain amount of turns (like 5 in Hoenn) to gather hearts, or maybe we can combine moves to make combinations. I'm not sure how the battles would differentiate from regular ones though.
    :: The Top 2 Pokemon will battle each other and at the same time, must consider their moves in order to earn Appeal points. The battle may only last for 3-5 turns and fainting the opponent may not be necessary. But using effective moves against your opponent or simply fainting them within 3-5 turns should earn you enough appeal to win the whole competition.
    I think this idea was pretty good for battles. I would like it if they brought back contests, it would look so much better in these games and for the nostalgia factor as well. I would think it'd make sense to make a comeback in a French-esque region that is associated with fashion and beauty. Well, at least I make that assumption. XD

[Not Made by Me]

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post

I had a previous post on my ideas for contests. Additional modes of Muti-type battling, combined scoring systems, and 2-on-2 contests sums it up; among other things. In addition, I'm in favor of using the Streetpass and/or Spotpass feature(s) to get more coordiantors if contests does return to 6G.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Join Avenue was a solid addition to the games. It's annoying enough remembering Macho Brace and Power Item calculations.
    I find these shops are very useful to me. I need something to keep track of those calculations as well.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 13th January 2013 at 8:21 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    I had a previous post on my ideas for contests. Additional modes of Muti-type battling, combined scoring systems, and 2-on-2 contests sums it up; among other things. In addition, I'm in favor of using the Streetpass and/or Spotpass feature(s) to get more coordiantors.

I find these shops are very useful to me. I need something to keep track of those calculations as well.
    Ever since the introduction of these shops there literally has never been a day were I've had to go out of my way to actually EV train the old fashion way. Nope, I have 4 dojo's that can service me - and IT BETTER STAY THAT WAY!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Im for the pokeathalon or some form of it making a return. It was engaging and the prizes made it worthwhile. contest and super contest should stay dead in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure GF will come up with something other that Contest, Pokeathelon, Musicals, PWT and Pokestar Studios. They almost always change the side quests for different, even for games in the same gen.

This part, is iy similar to the battle Arena of gen III, where you are given point for your offensive style, your accuracy and your HP after three rounds.
    That was one of the many funny factories in Hoenn and I would love it to come back in some form in XY, and improve it.
    (How i miss Hoenn..)

sorry i dont know if this has been discussed already, but what do people think about pokemon being able to perform more than 4 moves in generation 6 or further generations? kind of like final fantasy ... it would totally have to change mechanics but ... should or shouldn't?? we are only getting more and more moves each generation. 4 is quite limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by princerabbit View Post
    sorry i dont know if this has been discussed already, but what do people think about pokemon being able to perform more than 4 moves in generation 6 or further generations? kind of like final fantasy ... it would totally have to change mechanics but ... should or shouldn't?? we are only getting more and more moves each generation. 4 is quite limiting.
    or what about if moves had levels? like a level 1 tackle is normal... a level 5 tackle will have a higher base power. a level 10 growl could lower defense by 2 levels and maybe raise a wild pokemon's catch rate (make it easier to catch) there are so many possibilities.

If that happened the metagame would be EXTREMELY unbalanced. Hence why we only have four moves.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Masuda was asked this in some interview. He said that would mess with the mechanics. So, that's a no go.

Wulava has a great idea, but some of you say it isn't simple enough...how about they make it so that they have Contests just like the anime? That is something I have wanted for some time, so we'll see...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

or what about if moves had levels? like a level 1 tackle is normal... a level 5 tackle will have a higher base power. a level 10 growl could lower defense by 2 levels and maybe raise a wild pokemon's catch rate (make it easier to catch) there are so many possibilities.
    There's already so many possibilities, that's why we have so many different moves.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I've heard so many complaints about Pokémon being on the 3DS. Makes no sense why people are mad -_-
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    I've heard so many complaints about Pokémon being on the 3DS. Makes no sense why people are mad -_-
    It's cuz they don't haz the money to afford a 3DS.

But hey, retailers like Gamestop could make preorder deal with a 3DS and Pokemon X and Y copies.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    It's cuz they don't haz the money to afford a 3DS.

But hey, retailers like Gamestop could make preorder deal with a 3DS and Pokemon X and Y copies.
    People living in the US have nothing to complain about, compared to us Brits. They can buy a 3DS at a much cheaper price than we have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    People living in the US have nothing to complain about, compared to us Brits. They can buy a 3DS at a much cheaper price than we have to pay.
    Brits and most European people

At some point we all have to change the platform we're playing pokemon, for various reasons. I don't understand whats all the fuss about either
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

A comment I found on youtube. Even if its untrue...I ****ing lol'd. XD

"I would guess they replaced the bicycle with skates because they couldn't make the animation of taking a huge bicycle out of the player's tiny bag."

PFfffffft. finally the bike coming out of the (Fold up) couldn't make sense? XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    In retail stores like Argos or Game, I agree but I got mine off eBay for a good price. There's plenty of time for people to save up for a 3DS so it shouldn't be too hard to get one.

Back on topic, I was thinking if the 3DS camera can be used in game. Maybe take photos and use them as a backdrop for a teams portrait or something?

someone on youtube expeculated that our characters were going to be customizable, because of the way the player was in front of the mirror in the beginning. If it was true, wouldn't the trailer mention it?
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Back on topic, I was thinking if the 3DS camera can be used in game. Maybe take photos and use them as a backdrop for a teams portrait or something?
    That would be pretty cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    A comment I found on youtube. Even if its untrue...I ****ing lol'd. XD

"I would guess they replaced the bicycle with skates because they couldn't make the animation of taking a huge bicycle out of the player's tiny bag."

PFfffffft. finally the bike coming out of the (Fold up) couldn't make sense? XD
    Haha so true! I've never heard of a fold up bike before... xD

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    I do know about fold up bike.

http://www.besportier.com/archives/f...-bergmonch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    Haha, I know ri-*looks at next comment*
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoyfulRabbit View Post
    ...well I'll be damned. XD
    Sitll don't think it would fit inside the bag though. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 30 of 526 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast