Page 39 of 526 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I hope this time they will put some effrot in this game unlike B/W and B/W-2 which were great but they could do a little better imo.
    I wanna hear some sounds like pokemons shouting thier name instead of a cry.
    Maybe some key sentences that Gym Leaders or Elite4 members will say in the start of a battle.
    I was really hoping for a nice 360 degrees battle system but its alredy exist and looks pretty awesome.
    Thats pretty much it, all we have to do is wait and hope it'll be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    I personally love the bike, because in real life I don't know how to skate, but I truly love bike riding.

Has anybody thought of how they are going to do the Box system in this game? Now that it's not 2D anymore, I assume that it's going to be interesting. I could picture you making a Box into a Forest, a Desert or whatever and have them walk around kind of like the Mii's in the 3DS rooms, and just grabbing them with the stylis and moving them around freely. I picture it that way, plus it'd be cute to finally have them having a psuedo-habitat for when they are caught.

I actually LOVE to have this, seeing my Pokemon run around the habitat, and then whistle and they line up.
    Would be great

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

[QUOTE=Mantis;15591363]What i realy want is... real sound of pokemons! yes! when i says thunder to my pikachu, he must say PI-KA-CHUUUU first!Edit:What Da Hell happened to the rest of the post?
    Last edited by fahademon; 15th January 2013 at 7:11 PM.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    What is the difference between PP and vital points ?
    It would work like MANA from others RPG games (usage is dependent on how strong is attack) with regeneration in and outside battle(except dead pokemon)
    Last edited by Mantis; 15th January 2013 at 6:45 PM.
    Pokemon White EU FC: 2408 3069 6696 - Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It would work like MANA from others RPG games (usage is dependent on how strong is attack) with regeneration in and outside battle(except dead pokemon)
    That is actually pretty nice thought. That would be good for pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    3.no,no,no keep potions and all that, makes the game more exciting and real.
    I disagree.

Potions making game easy and not real(did you ever saw Ash that use revive on pikachu?<lol>). With my system, you would be forced to change pokemon.
    Pokemon White EU FC: 2408 3069 6696 - Mark

I personally like the cries better than the "saying their names" thing. I think that it makes them seem more like creatures. I would seriously hate it if they changed that. In fact, I am surprised to see so many people supporting this, since most people I know are tired of the name saying in the tv show.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That depends on what the roller skates are replacing. If they're just replacing the running shoes then I don't expect them to do anything special. If they're replacing the bike, then they'd be what's used to go up steep slopes and such if those make a return. Typically though, the quicker modes of transport are just that, a way to go faster.
    The Running Shoes still seem to be there, actually, so if anything it'll probably replace the bike. But I'm hoping it'll replace nothing and exist alongside the bike, 3rd gen style. 3rd and 4th gen had the right idea, give the bike extra use to clear obstacles in the overworld.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio66 View Post
    lol I for one would love to see skateboards added as an alternative to bikes!
    I can think of something good for skateboards. They could be used to grind on rails to reach otherwise inaccessible paths.

Has anybody thought of how they are going to do the Box system in this game? Now that it's not 2D anymore, I assume that it's going to be interesting. I could picture you making a Box into a Forest, a Desert or whatever and have them walk around kind of like the Mii's in the 3DS rooms, and just grabbing them with the stylis and moving them around freely. I picture it that way, plus it'd be cute to finally have them having a psuedo-habitat for when they are caught.
    I'm thinking it'll be similar, but in 3D. Say each box would be a patch of land designed to look like a particular environment and the Pokemon would just be standing there or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I personally like the cries better than the "saying their names" thing. I think that it makes them seem more like creatures. I would seriously hate it if they changed that. In fact, I am surprised to see so many people supporting this, since most people I know are tired of the name saying in the tv show.
    Yes ! Someone agrees with me. I was feeling left out. The saying the name thing makes them a bit more childish, I like cries.

I'm actually ok with the pokemon cries or them calling out their names. Its just a minor thing for me. Not all the pokemon cry out their names in the anime, you know... It seems to be that the higher in evolution the pokemon is or if it's a legendary (Charizard or Ho-Oh), the less likely they are to cry out their name. I'm more worried about how Nintendo is going to handle the battle experience. Where's the HP bar in the trailer? Someone pointed out that it seems to have disappeared. Did GF move it to the bottom screen? Where will the battle menu go?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I'd guess the HP bars and such still are on the above screen, in front of the Pokémon. But when they attack and such, it moves down to the bottom screen so that you can see them. The menu would dissapear, but you can't use in when the Pkmn attack anyways.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I'm actually ok with the pokemon cries or them calling out their names. Its just a minor thing for me. Not all the pokemon cry out their names in the anime, you know... It seems to be that the higher in evolution the pokemon is or if it's a legendary (Charizard or Ho-Oh), the less likely they are to cry out their name. I'm more worried about how Nintendo is going to handle the battle experience. Where's the HP bar in the trailer? Someone pointed out that it seems to have disappeared. Did GF move it to the bottom screen? Where will the battle menu go?
    I'd say it will be added in, just seemed better to leave it out in the trailer
    Also the HP bar will probably disappear when Pokemon are attacking

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I was going to say like the Battle Revolution games where they are on the top corners and vanish when they are attacking and a meter shows up on how much it does, but they didn't show that so maybe not.

I could see them showing it on the touch screen.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Since the Pokemon are reacting to being hit by an attack I wonder if they will react when hit with a Pokeball?

Another thing I'm hoping for is the trainers talking in battle or something.Like you'd hear him say "Go Pikachu!".
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Since the Pokemon are reacting to being hit by an attack I wonder if they will react when hit with a Pokeball?
    I guess that the animation will stop, and the pokemon will turn white as it is encased in the pokeball as normal.

Another thing I'm hoping for is the trainers talking in battle or something.Like you'd hear him say "Go Pikachu!".
    I'm pretty sure all trainers are more or less silent like Red, so it'd be weird to have them speaking suddenly. It would be nice to know how the pokemon are all pronounced though.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 15th January 2013 at 8:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Some hard speculation I'm going to do here, but I seriously think this would improve the games a lot. Basic idea: get rid of the levels. DPPt had a feature that made your team level 100 pokémon automatically just for a battle. I realised then how much waste of a time leveling up is. Until Gen IV I used to train my pokémon only to level 50, but even that takes some time. Levels are an obsolete concept for RPG games and I want levels to disappear in Gen VI. Pokémon is about battles. It is absurd that I have to spend more time training than actually battling with my teams. Bringing back the auto-level 100 feature or getting rid of the levels would solve this problem.

I know what you are thinking: if levels dissapear, how are the pkmn going to learn moves or evolve? Well, it's simple: by creating a bond with the player. I'm sure you have heard about that concept. It is mentioned in the trailer at 0:58.

"The more you battle together, the stronger your bond will become."

I know this could be random talk, but I also read some rumors that there will be a "new battle system", so I think we can speculate about that sentence. Basically, what I have in mind is this:
    - all pokémon are level 100 by default (level will not be visible, but stats will be as if the pkmn are lvl 100)
    - when you battle, you still get EVs to improve the stats (EV training is not that time-consuming)
    - instead of experience points, you get "bond points" that can be used to make your pokémon learn new moves

So, for casual gamers, they just need to capture their pokémon, teach them TMs and battle. Easy, simple, enjoyable. No need to level up.

For hardcore gamers, they could still train for EVs in order to maximize the potential of their pokémon and, apart from TMs, they could also battle to gain Bond Points that could be used to make your pokémon learn new moves. So, let's say you want to train lucario. You could capture it, train for EVs and teach it TMs. Ready for battle. But maybe you prefer to deepen your bond so it learns Aura Sphere. Then you need to train it more, have it in your team and so on. It is not that different from leveling up, but you can stop as soon as your pokémon learns the move you want it to have.

This new bond mechanic could also affect other gameplay elements. Like, if your bond with a pokémon is very high, when it breeds there will be higher chances for the new baby to have better IVs, or to be shiny, or even learn some moves that it would not normally learn; not even as egg moves. Surf or Fly for Pikachu, for example. Maybe signature some moves signature moves could be passed down to other species if the male pokémon has a deep bond with the trainer: volt tackle from a male pikachu to other electric pkmn, some bug pkmn could learn beedrill's twineddle, etc.

Main benefit of getting rid of levels as we know them is saving lots of hours spent leveling up. Also, since all pkmn would have lvl 100 stats as default, you may think that battles will be much easier. But then, it would be up to GF to increase the game difficulty by giving the trainers competitive teams with competitive strategies. Since you opponents will always be the same level as you, you cannot win battles just by having higher levels (= better stats; more power). It is a perfect excuse to really bring the strategy in Pokémon to the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I don't see why not...

Quote Originally Posted by STADIUM View Post
    Some hard speculation I'm going to do here, but I seriously think this would improve the games a lot. Basic idea: get rid of the levels. DPPt had a feature that made your team level 100 pokémon automatically just for a battle. I realised then how much waste of a time leveling up is. Until Gen IV I used to train my pokémon only to level 50, but even that takes some time. Levels are an obsolete concept for RPG games and I want levels to disappear in Gen VI. Pokémon is about battles. It is absurd that I have to spend more time training than actually battling with my teams. Bringing back the auto-level 100 feature or getting rid of the levels would solve this problem.

I know what you are thinking: if levels dissapear, how are the pkmn going to learn moves or evolve? Well, it's simple: by creating a bond with the player. I'm sure you have heard about that concept. It is mentioned in the trailer at 0:58.

"The more you battle together, the stronger your bond will become."

I know this could be random talk, but I also read some rumors that there will be a "new battle system", so I think we can speculate about that sentence. Basically, what I have in mind is this:
    - all pokémon are level 100 by default (level will not be visible, but stats will be as if the pkmn are lvl 100)
    - when you battle, you still get EVs to improve the stats (EV training is not that time-consuming)
    - instead of experience points, you get "bond points" that can be used to make your pokémon learn new moves

So, for casual gamers, they just need to capture their pokémon, teach them TMs and battle. Easy, simple, enjoyable. No need to level up.

For hardcore gamers, they could still train for EVs in order to maximize the potential of their pokémon and, apart from TMs, they could also battle to gain Bond Points that could be used to make your pokémon learn new moves. So, let's say you want to train lucario. You could capture it, train for EVs and teach it TMs. Ready for battle. But maybe you prefer to deepen your bond so it learns Aura Sphere. Then you need to train it more, have it in your team and so on. It is not that different from leveling up, but you can stop as soon as your pokémon learns the move you want it to have.

This new bond mechanic could also affect other gameplay elements. Like, if your bond with a pokémon is very high, when it breeds there will be higher chances for the new baby to have better IVs, or to be shiny, or even learn some moves that it would not normally learn; not even as egg moves. Surf or Fly for Pikachu, for example. Maybe signature some moves signature moves could be passed down to other species if the male pokémon has a deep bond with the trainer: volt tackle from a male pikachu to other electric pkmn, some bug pkmn could learn beedrill's twineddle, etc.

Main benefit of getting rid of levels as we know them is saving lots of hours spent leveling up. Also, since all pkmn would have lvl 100 stats as default, you may think that battles will be much easier. But then, it would be up to GF to increase the game difficulty by giving the trainers competitive teams with competitive strategies. Since you opponents will always be the same level as you, you cannot win battles just by having higher levels (= better stats; more power). It is a perfect excuse to really bring the strategy in Pokémon to the main story.
    No, thank you. We already have pokémon who evolve by increasing bonds, and they're annoying enough to evolve. Pokémon is great as it is and really changing something as big as that would be dumb. Your idea sounds like a spinoff type of ame, almost like Nobunaga's Ambition.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

It's supposed to be an rpg.It sounds more like a digimon world championship style game with that.

I'm not sure if anyone said anything about this yet, but there is a good chance of customization for your in game sprite. The proof, when you see the male trainer hop on the ropes and swing across. look at the starting position of the rope. their is his sunglasses in mid air. Guessing and I've read a few other folks saying this on another site. that the lets call it a coding anchor was not secure on the model when he jumped leaving the glasses behind. that makes me and many people think that theres other anchors on the sprite that could hold different clothing. Also as most y'all said about the mirror to change etc.
    Last edited by Nightblind249; 15th January 2013 at 9:48 PM.
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone said anything about this yet, but there is a good chance of customization for your in game sprite. The proof, when you see the male trainer hop on the ropes and swing across. look at the starting position of the rope. their is his sunglasses in mid air. Guessing and I've read a few other folks saying this on another site. that the lets call it a coding anchor was not secure on the model when he jumped leaving the glasses behind. that makes me and many people think that theres other anchors on the sprite that could hold different clothing. Also as must y'all said about the mirror to change etc.
    Holy @#$%! I think you're the first to point out that the glasses have been left behind--everyone else just pointed out that he wasn't wearing them. It's funny that Game Freak would make the mistake of including that in the trailer.

I'm not sure if anyone said anything about this yet, but there is a good chance of customization for your in game sprite. The proof, when you see the male trainer hop on the ropes and swing across. look at the starting position of the rope. their is his sunglasses in mid air. Guessing and I've read a few other folks saying this on another site. that the lets call it a coding anchor was not secure on the model when he jumped leaving the glasses behind. that makes me and many people think that theres other anchors on the sprite that could hold different clothing. Also as most y'all said about the mirror to change etc.
    Dood. If you're right. I will seriously jump for joy all day long. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I'm pretty sure all trainers are more or less silent like Red, so it'd be weird to have them speaking suddenly. It would be nice to know how the pokemon are all pronounced though.
    What if Pokedex entries were voiced like they were in the anime? Then the characters could stay silent but we can still hear the pronunciations.

That's already been pointed out 50 times already.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    What if Pokedex entries were voiced like they were in the anime? Then the characters could stay silent but we can still hear the pronunciations.
    I'll need that the most. When the names of the new Pokemon come out, I'll need to know how to pronounce their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'll need that the most. When the names of the new Pokemon come out, I'll need to know how to pronounce their names.
    They could just add a pronunciation key like a dictionary.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Page 39 of 526 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast