Page 40 of 526 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    They could just add a pronunciation key like a dictionary.
    That's what I was thinking. It makes the Pokedex seem more like an encyclopedia as well.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone said anything about this yet, but there is a good chance of customization for your in game sprite. The proof, when you see the male trainer hop on the ropes and swing across. look at the starting position of the rope. their is his sunglasses in mid air. Guessing and I've read a few other folks saying this on another site. that the lets call it a coding anchor was not secure on the model when he jumped leaving the glasses behind. that makes me and many people think that theres other anchors on the sprite that could hold different clothing. Also as most y'all said about the mirror to change etc.
    I don't get that. Why is it left behind in mid-air like that? If it's intentional, then it looks more like a glitch than anything.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    They could just add a pronunciation key like a dictionary.
    As long as it's from the Pokedex. But, that would be a nice add.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone said anything about this yet, but there is a good chance of customization for your in game sprite. The proof, when you see the male trainer hop on the ropes and swing across. look at the starting position of the rope. their is his sunglasses in mid air. Guessing and I've read a few other folks saying this on another site. that the lets call it a coding anchor was not secure on the model when he jumped leaving the glasses behind. that makes me and many people think that theres other anchors on the sprite that could hold different clothing. Also as most y'all said about the mirror to change etc.
    The trailer is not 100% gameplay...if you take a look at yveltal's art, and it's art in the trailer, they look pretty different (the hands, as I've been told). So what's in the trailer is not the final cut for the new games...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

I never said it was final only spec, they could be ironing out the coding glitches as we speak because a lot of people are pointing it out on youtube (its were i found out about it). But most folk thought it was odd for gf not to notice it in the trailer..... as for the talking Dex would be awesome, doubt it will happen though.
    Choose your side

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    The trailer is not 100% gameplay...if you take a look at yveltal's art, and it's art in the trailer, they look pretty different (the hands, as I've been told). So what's in the trailer is not the final cut for the new games...
    So is it possible, that even the female and male playable characters were only used for the trailer??
    That maybe they'll look entirely different? If that's the case, I thought that these new characters looked very plain compared to B/W's and B2/W2's main characters.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Potions making game easy and not real(did you ever saw Ash that use revive on pikachu?<lol>).
    I wouldn't really look to the anime for a 'real' example of battling, The anime is where first stage pokemon learn Giga Impact, a Pikachu can Thunderbolt an Onix to death, and their answer to everything is "dodge it!".

Potions only make the game easy if you want it to be easy. Don't want it to be easy? Don't buy so many potions. Go do the Elite 4 with only one revive and a hyper potion. Invent your own nuzlocke. Whatever, just don't take the potion element away from the younger players who will be getting their first pokemon game and really needing the help they provide.

In other news, if regular gameplay in X/Y looks this gorgeous, I'm gonna be DROOLING over the cutscenes.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I wouldn't really look to the anime for a 'real' example of battling, The anime is where first stage pokemon learn Giga Impact, a Pikachu can Thunderbolt an Onix to death, and their answer to everything is "dodge it!".

Potions only make the game easy if you want it to be easy. Don't want it to be easy? Don't buy so many potions. Go do the Elite 4 with only one revive and a hyper potion. Invent your own nuzlocke. Whatever, just don't take the potion element away from the younger players who will be getting their first pokemon game and really needing the help they provide.

In other news, if regular gameplay in X/Y looks this gorgeous, I'm gonna be DROOLING over the cutscenes.
    Well there are first stage Pokemon who can learn Giga Imapact, and Pikachu hasn't been able to hit a Ground type with an Electric type for a long while.

But yah, there is no reason to remove Potions or anything of the such, even for an end of battle HP regain thing, they probably will add a bunch of Nurse people around the region again(I hope at least) so you can heal in nearly any area.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I was doing a White 2 run, and realized... The owner of Join Avenue (the business man that gives it to you) said that he wants to fly around the world and create Join Avenues full of people. This means that there is a small possibility of Join Avenue returning.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I was doing a White 2 run, and realized... The owner of Join Avenue (the business man that gives it to you) said that he wants to fly around the world and create Join Avenues full of people. This means that there is a small possibility of Join Avenue returning.
    That's a real possibility, I could even see some possibilities for Streetpass to work. I didn't really use Join Avenue though.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Something new and fresh for something different for Pokemon X/Y.

a Create a Pokemon Trainer where you create your own trainer instead of using the main in game boy or girl.

You want your created trainer to be an all ghost pokemon trainer? wear goth type clothing or whatever.

Of if you want your trainer to be an all flying/dragon type trainer you could wear army bomber/aviation type clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    That's a real possibility, I could even see some possibilities for Streetpass to work. I didn't really use Join Avenue though.
    I found it useful for getting berries and egg hatching. And it made it easy to evolve friendly-needing pokemon. So I think it would be nice to see it back, if tucked away somewhere. With the possibility of Pre/post evos, friendliness may be an big evolving factor again like in gen 2 and 4 so it would be good to have somewhere to help with that. My swoobat in the first runthrough if black took ages to evolve on its own.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

No.No.No.No.No.
    No type-based trainer clothing.That would suck.MC should look like however the player wants.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post

a Create a Pokemon Trainer where you create your own trainer instead of using the main in game boy or girl.

You want your created trainer to be an all ghost pokemon trainer? wear goth type clothing or whatever.

Of if you want your trainer to be an all flying/dragon type trainer you could wear army bomber/aviation type clothes

I like this! It would add a bit of character.

Quote Originally Posted by fahademon View Post
    No.No.No.No.No.
    No type-based trainer clothing.That would suck.MC should look like however the player wants.
    I don't think he meant it as if it was your only choice to dress up as a type-based trainer. I think he meant it as an option.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Oh.Sorry then,didn't mean to sound mean.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

What I'm expecting is, You'll be getting a pre-set design, and you'll change his look throughout the story by getting the accessories (items), in the field, in hidden places, rewarded, etc.

A new mechanic introduced in pokemon

Accessories, am I the only person who thinks you could wear a Mii mask like in Animal Crossing for Wii?

Aww, that'd be sweet! Customizing your character's sprite by unlocking clothing accessories with in-game achievements! For example, when you beat a gym leader, you can unlock an article of clothing inspired by their outfit. Thwart the criminal team's evil plot, you unlock their uniforms. Beat up Frontier Brains at the Battle Frontier, you unlock pieces of an outfit that signifies your conquest of the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    Thwart the criminal team's evil plot, you unlock their uniforms.
    Running around as a Rocket Grunt in Soul Silver was fun, as short-lived as it was ):
    Perhaps such accessories could be bought using BP, or coloured shards. Accessories or clothing that doesn't follow a particular theme could be purchased using money, but Gym Leader outfits etc should be a little harder to obtain in my opinion.
    Last edited by Super Llama; 16th January 2013 at 1:50 PM.

If the theme for this game is genetics in the end, do you think this will have some impact on the breeding mechanics?

Also, one idea I'd like to see is the "Mystery Egg" for StreetPass. There would be a special box (much like the battle box in BW) were you can place 6 eggs, and then when you StreetPass with another 3DS you will trade one of the eggs (provided the other trainer has also placed some eggs in this special box). Of course, many people would put eggs of crappy pokémon, with no moves or anything. But from time to time you could receive an egg with a good Pokémon in it. I like the surprise factor.

Well, now they're going full 3D I see no reason why they shouldn't let us have customisable trainers. Rather that set outfits for each type, maybe allow the player to purchase and equip new clothes/accessories as you progress, with some special items being unlocked by completing certain tasks or Wifi events.
    SOUL SILVER

Does anybody else think that they'll bring back the Shiny and Oval Charms?
    I for one hope they do.
    Never in my pokemon history did I ever try to catch all the pokemon.
    Though for some reason this time around I feel it could be worth it *If* they bring back the shiny charm.

One thing I've been thinking about, is, what if, when your Pokémon grow in level, usually, the Pkmn you find in that area will soon be too weak and low leveled to be a challenge anymore. But what if the wild Pkmn would also be at higher levels when your own Pkmn are?

Or something similar. I just hate those areas being unusable when your Pkmn are so high leveled. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    One thing I've been thinking about, is, what if, when your Pokémon grow in level, usually, the Pkmn you find in that area will soon be too weak and low leveled to be a challenge anymore. But what if the wild Pkmn would also be at higher levels when your own Pkmn are?

Or something similar. I just hate those areas being unusable when your Pkmn are so high leveled. D:
    Do you mean the wild pokemon should be about your starter's levels or the level of your first pokemon in the party ?

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Does anybody else think that they'll bring back the Shiny and Oval Charms?
    I for one hope they do.
    Never in my pokemon history did I ever try to catch all the pokemon.
    Though for some reason this time around I feel it could be worth it *If* they bring back the shiny charm.
    shiny charm makes no difference for me. Many people with shiny charm are very unlucky compared to others who don't have it. But the oval charm, is really useful and hopefuly it will come back in Gen VI. I also wished they kept the nursery or something similar
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Page 40 of 526 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast