Page 48 of 526 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #1176
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney , Australia
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I guess they could do something similar to that and have the trainer properly animated when they bring their pokemon out during battles. Black and white was a start even if it was abit odd because of its sprite based animations.

    Om nom watermellon

  2. #1177
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)
    I wouldn't like the idea of looking like an idiot while catching a Pokemon, I'm not playing Oot.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  3. #1178
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)
    So cringe Worthy if done wrong.
    Throwing poke ball yeah
    But no dancing please


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  4. #1179
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)
    This sounds so lame ._.

  5. #1180
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Anybody think the odds of encountering shiny Pokémon will increase again? I'm quite satisfied with 1/1024 odds with MM + Shiny Charm, but what do you guys think?
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  6. #1181
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)
    That sounds amazing. I kinda always wanted that.

    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  7. #1182
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Anybody think the odds of encountering shiny Pokémon will increase again? I'm quite satisfied with 1/1024 odds with MM + Shiny Charm, but what do you guys think?
    The easier to encounter shiny Pokémon, the better for me... But I doubt, the odds are already kinda high.

  8. #1183
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    I'd rather have my Pokémon contract Pokérus easier. I never gotten it yet in all my years playing.

  9. #1184
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'd rather have my Pokémon contract Pokérus easier. I never gotten it yet in all my years playing.
    I got it once, in my Pokemon Diamond and at the time I did not know about Pokerus so I thought something was wrong with my Pokemon and my game. So I restarted immediately without saving. XD

    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  10. #1185
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'd rather have my Pokémon contract Pokérus easier. I never gotten it yet in all my years playing.
    Oh yes, I'd like that too. Anybody know what the current odds are for finding Pokérus? //googles

    EDIT: 3/65,536. Okay.
    Last edited by Super Llama; 20th January 2013 at 1:35 PM.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  11. #1186
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Oh yes, I'd like that too. Anybody know what the current odds are for finding Pokérus? //googles

    EDIT: 3/65,536. Okay.
    I don't think they need to up the chances of it, I've had it in about 4 games but then again I could just be lucky

  12. #1187
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    I don't think they need to up the chances of it, I've had it in about 4 games but then again I could just be lucky
    What ! you have got in 4 games !!! I've played EVERY main series games, and I've never got it !
    Guess I'll go to my little corner and just cry there......

  13. #1188
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'd rather have my Pokémon contract Pokérus easier. I never gotten it yet in all my years playing.
    I don't know what Pokerus is..is it some kinda of virus?

  14. #1189
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I've had Pokérus 5 times, but I've never encountered a shiny.

  15. #1190
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I've had Pokérus 5 times, but I've never encountered a shiny.
    0_o..Shinies are very rate but Pokerus is even rarer..congrats bro

  16. #1191
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I don't know what Pokerus is..is it some kinda of virus?
    It's a super rare virus that is good. A poke that has it gets doubles its EVS its gets from every battle.Check bublapedia:http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9rus

  17. #1192
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I don't know what Pokerus is..is it some kinda of virus?
    Sorta, it doubles the amount of effort values your Pokémon gains after defeating another Pokémon. It can spread to other party Pokémon too and wears of eventually, unless you box an infected Pokémon. You can hold onto the Pokérus this way and then pass it around again when you want to :3
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  18. #1193
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    What ! you have got in 4 games !!! I've played EVERY main series games, and I've never got it !
    Guess I'll go to my little corner and just cry there......
    It's all a matter of luck. Some people have played every game and never found a shiny, whereas I've found 5 (and caught 4) in my 13 years of playing. Not too shabby

    However, I only ever found Pokerus myself back on Crystal version (the rest of the time I've got it off the GTS), and like others on here have said, I heard the word 'virus' and it scared the hell outta me...

    Anyways they've given us the Shiny Charm, so who says they won't give us a 'Rus Charm?
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  19. #1194
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    I prefer having a Pokemon having a new ability that can inflict Pokerus.
    It could be an exclusive ability to a certain new Pokemon that can have at least 5% chance of passing the virus upon contact in battles.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  20. #1195
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I prefer having a Pokemon having a new ability that can inflict Pokerus.
    It could be an exclusive ability to a certain new Pokemon that can have at least 5% chance of passing the virus upon contact in battles.
    Maybe it could be the hidden ability of the regional rat. When you encounter the regional rat, it might have a very small chance of giving poekrus to you. So, you should never run away from the regional rat ! ;P
    Last edited by carboncopy; 20th January 2013 at 2:24 PM.

  21. #1196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    What ! you have got in 4 games !!! I've played EVERY main series games, and I've never got it !
    Guess I'll go to my little corner and just cry there......
    I've been playing for 6 years and my nephews been playing for 2. Yet he has twice as many shinies as me. (Zuko from ATLA) He was born lucky I was lucky to be born.

  22. #1197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I prefer having a Pokemon having a new ability that can inflict Pokerus.
    It could be an exclusive ability to a certain new Pokemon that can have at least 5% chance of passing the virus upon contact in battles.
    That's one powerful ability to have in game. Not sure how I feel about it if such an ability was included. It seems that would make Pokérus almost common.
    Last edited by Gloryus; 20th January 2013 at 2:37 PM.

  23. #1198
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    That's one powerful ability to have in game. Not sure how I feel about it if such an ability was included. It seems that would make Pokérus almost common.
    True.

    They could make it as a hidden ability for one specific Pokemon, via Hidden Grotto, Dream Radar or Dream World (if these features return).
    For DW, it could require a lot of Dream Points; for Dream Radar, it would require a lot of Dream Orbs.

    Or, disregard all of these ideas and just increase the chance of obtaining Pokerus.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  24. #1199
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Personally I don't think Pokérus is even worth the trouble of obtaining. Using the Power items that give the +4 EVs it only took me about 1 hour for my newly hatched Treecko to get a 255 Attack 255 Speed spread this morning.
    Though its understandable that obtaining Pokérus is so difficult, if you know what you're doing then you can practically keep spreading it forever once one of your Pokémon gets a hold of it.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  25. #1200
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Personally I don't think Pokérus is even worth the trouble of obtaining. Using the Power items that give the +4 EVs it only took me about 1 hour for my newly hatched Treecko to get a 255 Attack 255 Speed spread this morning.
    Though its understandable that obtaining Pokérus is so difficult, if you know what you're doing then you can practically keep spreading it forever once one of your Pokémon gets a hold of it.
    Pokérus adds some nice stuff to the game. It's a good way to train if you don't know about EVs. It also adds some mystery to the game. I always wondered what these little viruses look like, or if they can be called Pokémon. I hope GF reveals some info on these viruses some day.
    On another note, it would have made more sense for Pokérus to change IV rather than EVs as viruses change the DNA of cells ( real world equivalent of IVs ).

    Edit - Actually, I don't think they can be pokemon, coz, viruses in real life are not considered to be living creatures.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 20th January 2013 at 3:20 PM.

Page 48 of 526 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •