Page 58 of 526 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    We aren't talking about literal ghosts, we're talking about Ghost-type Pokémon. These ones can physically touch things.
    Except normal types! XD
    Last edited by Hakunamawatta; 27th January 2013 at 9:37 AM.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Sky Drop first would like it's glitch fixed.

And never use Hyper Beam variants because of same reasons like Fly, Bounce, etc.
    Well Giga Impact and Hyper Beam have their niches on Slaking and Porygon Z for essentially a guaranteed KO.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    If anyone heard in the Nintendo Direct, he said that the game would use the features of the 3ds. Could this mean we may be able to use AR cards?
    That'd be awesome, actually. Imagine if you could battle with them, that'd be awesome. Even more awesome if it was compatible with Vs. Recorder, then you could show off Pokemon battling in your living room or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Hello, I just joined and don't know if this is the right thread to post in, but I'm hoping that Game Freak will add some more hidden ability variation to Pokemon in this version and possibly more colour variation (Prays for a serene grace Arcanine). It really doesn't bother me that much, but I think it would be pretty fun to have a more unique aesthetic/character to your Pokemon instead of just invisible stats. I was also thinking heights and weights could vary slightly, which would add another dynamic to weight related moves, heavy slam, low kick etc.
    Thoughts?

Also as stated in many posts before, I really hope for larger more complex routes this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmftw View Post
    Hello, I just joined and don't know if this is the right thread to post in, but I'm hoping that Game Freak will add some more hidden ability variation to Pokemon in this version and possibly more colour variation (Prays for a serene grace Arcanine). It really doesn't bother me that much, but I think it would be pretty fun to have a more unique aesthetic/character to your Pokemon instead of just invisible stats. I was also thinking heights and weights could vary slightly, which would add another dynamic to weight related moves, heavy slam, low kick etc.
    Thoughts?

Also as stated in many posts before, I really hope for larger more complex routes this gen.
    I really just want to see a less linear region than Unova..Unova was so linear

I think GameFreak should directly implement a new development for in-game, which they did it and continuing to improve it from Gen IV. Competitive Battling. In Wi-Fi battles, because of the equal standarts we are not able to see which pokemon our opponent is about to send. This should also be included in the game. I think that's why the main games are a bit easy. Everytime, even they are tougher than us, it is very predictable which type and pokemon they will send out and we change strategies depending on their choice. It is very unrealistic and brings easiness to the game. It's time to push our limits off in game, I believe. Last time I had a smiliar battle like this in game was against Cynthia in Platinum, such like withdrawing her pokemons depending on the types we use or depending the low health or status effects. BW and BW2 were so easy and as some of people said above it was a region that is so linear. I don't think Unova met with the expectations of the users very much, excluding the new graphs.

3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

Mii Name: BE.

Now I'm not sure if this is a valid statement to use in this thread, but I'm saying that the Dream world is a feature that revolutioned the pokemon games due to it's connection to computers and the internet, however will this feature remain in the new Gen. Do you think the dream world should stay, because it is a feature that will most likely be never used once the new games get released if Pokemon X and Y don't use Dream World

I hope we have some sort of contest like the pokemon contests in Pokemon D/P/Pt, they seemed to have a much better contribution as a sidequest due to collecting ribbons like badges.

I don't see how they can get rid of the Dream World...

"Look here are all these special abilities only* available from this magical dreamland..."

Then either get rid of them, or shove them into the wild or crazy distribution or many other weird variables...

Okay they could probably easily get rid of it...

*only meaning we're not counting the Xtransceiver trades or Darmanitan and Musharna or Hidden Grottoes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Well Giga Impact and Hyper Beam have their niches on Slaking and Porygon Z for essentially a guaranteed KO.
    Porygon-Z yes but Slaking is held back by Truant unless it hits a coffin or something similar, and even then you still need to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Porygon-Z yes but Slaking is held back by Truant unless it hits a coffin or something similar, and even then you still need to recharge.
    But the recharge turn will take place as Slaking loafs about, so it makes no noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post

"Look here are all these special abilities only* available from this magical dreamland..."

Then either get rid of them, or shove them into the wild or crazy distribution or many other weird variables...

*only meaning we're not counting the Xtransceiver trades or Darmanitan and Musharna or Hidden Grottoes...
    They could always introduce a different way to obtain Pokemon with different special abilities. It could be worked into the plot; scientifically modified Pokemon with diff abilities etcetera.
    Knarly, dude!

Apparently X and Y is set to introduce a brand new Pokemon Type!

– Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity.

http://gengame.net/2012/11/next-year...d-playstation/

Yes, it may just be a rumor right now, but its definitely a possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post

That's just it, though, they can always create new methods like Hidden Grottoes to make the DW abilities available, the DW isn't necessary for that purpose. I say don't use it for 6th gen unless they do something different with it.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I doubt they'll fully get rid of the Dream World, at most they'll revamp it (or make it an in-game thing rather than a computer being necessary?). It's a good idea that adds more to the game, I'd hate to see it get removed.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I don't think ghost types should have that much power. Some Ghost types are already immune to some of the strongest moves. Mismagius I.e. Secondly I think dark/ghost are already powerful enough as it is. And now that I think of it, there aren't too many pure dark type pokemon, so they can rely on a second form of stab. The only thing I can agree with is giving Ghost types a GOOD physical move. Maybe an Extreme Speed version of Shadow Sneak? "Sinister Rush"??
    Um... no?

Giving Ghost-types a proper Physical move won't give them "too much power", how could you even think that? Two immunity and move with 120 BP doesn't make a Pokemon overpowered. Ghosts like Dusknoir need more powerful Physical moves, giving them too much power really isn't an issue. A simple attacking move won't change that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    1. There's Payback, which has 100 base power if the user goes second. But I agree that most of the time, going second is bad, besides, you want a 120 base power move
    I mainly wanted a "no strings attached" move as it were, something like Surf or Earthquake (if it has that sort of power) or something like Blizzard. Just something average with high enough base power so Physical Ghosts aren't stuck with Shadow Punch. 8|

3. And make Kyurem able to learn it.
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I doubt they'll fully get rid of the Dream World, at most they'll revamp it (or make it an in-game thing rather than a computer being necessary?). It's a good idea that adds more to the game, I'd hate to see it get removed.
    And just what does it add to the game that can't already be done?

Do you think that Double/Shaking grass will return, I really liked that about BW/BW2. I also really hope we can have pokemon follow us again.

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Do you think that Double/Shaking grass will return, I really liked that about BW/BW2. I also really hope we can have pokemon follow us again.
    for shinies? or more rare pokemon.
    If they had double shaking grass gives you increased chances for shiny pokemon, than sure. if not it was a fun little add on, but I wouldn't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I sure hope-so! Heck I would be estatic if they added just a few triple/Shaking grass.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I find the "Pokemon following you" feature overrated. I never saw the fun with a sprite following your character. I only enjoyed my Typhlosion being next to the ocean lol.

Do you guys think we will finally get a "Sorting mechanism" to sort our Boxes? Do you think the number of boxes given to us will increase?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do you guys think we will finally get a "Sorting mechanism" to sort our Boxes? Do you think the number of boxes given to us will increase?
    I would really want a sort mechanism - by level, alphabetical, by type, by number, etc...
    It would be pretty useful for organizing Pokemon in the box. Moving multiple Pokemon was a nice addition, so i hope they improve the PC box more.

And yes, pretty sure the total box will increase to accommodate at most 840-900 Pokemon. As they introduce more Pokemon, they give us more space.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    for shinies? or more rare pokemon.
    If they had double shaking grass gives you increased chances for shiny pokemon, than sure. if not it was a fun little add on, but I wouldn't miss it.
    Training! Double Audino means you can level up a traded pokemon holding a Lucky Egg from lv1 to lv36 in one battle, depending on the pokemon, if the partner pokemon is lvl100.. EPIC!

I repeat, single battle!!! Just make sure that that move hits, or that you can make that trainee pokemon use Protect/Detect or something before it gets KO'd by an Audino (the shaaame!)

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    What the heck is missing in the current box system? You can move the entire 30 pokemon from one box to another in one go already, there's not really any use for other upgrades or what not.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    What the heck is missing in the current box system? You can move the entire 30 pokemon from one box to another in one go already, there's not really any use for other upgrades or what not.
    Sorting is different from mass movement.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I for one am interested in seeing what changes they have brought to breeding.
    Gen V brought a lot of new tweaks to the breeding system that not only shortened the time it takes to breed a desired pokemon, but also making the entire breeding process a lot easier to understand. With that said, I wonder what changes wll come to this next gen, in regards to shiny pokemon. Will the shiny charm come back? Will there be any "free" shinies in-game like Haxorus, or Dratini/Gible?
    I wonder?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I'm hoping for the return of Triple battles, and Triple grass would be handy. But if they go as far as Rotation Grass, I'm not even gonna go near grass, just catch Pokemon in Caves in stuff.

---

I'm also hoping for... *gulp* a nice Woobat/Zubat/NewAnnoyingBat mix-up in caves, so we at least get some variety.

Page 58 of 526 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast