Page 65 of 526 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I don't get why people wouldn't want more directions, but I don't get why its such a big deal.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    Really? Four directions are quintessential to the Pokemon experience? I still think it would be a Pokemon game, because there would be Pokemon in it. I hope they add the new full directions, and give you movement options, like push and jump. It would hopefully get rid of HMs, I guess except Fly.
    I have to agree with Cerex, It should still feel like a Pokemon game. If you think changing to 8 direction would change your experience what do you think of them changing to 3D models? That was a way bigger move than them changing to 8 direction imo.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I don't get why people wouldn't want more directions, but I don't get why its such a big deal.
    I don't get it either. ._.

But yea it's not a big deal. They still have the d-pad.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

I for one am hoping for a few new changes to the gameplay. Ones that I came up with years ago. Heck, most of my ideas ended up in B/W, the creators might as well use these too.

Pokemon able to learn at least 6 moves instead of 4
    I mean come on, there has to be like what, well over 300 different types of moves? This has annoyed me for a while, to make these tough choices to narrow down a perfect moveset to only 4 per Pokemon is frustrating. Hopefully the writers can make it so that the Pokemon that are native to this new Region are advanced enough to be able to learn an additional 2 moves for a total of 6. (Cuz 8 was a BIG stretch) including past Pokemon that are transferred to the new region will be able to adapt to using extra moves. This would give us players a little bit more variety and the ability to create the perfect combos and movesets.

New Types
    For years I've came up with 3 new types. Wind, Heart, and Light types for a total of 20 (I've also narrowed down the strengths and weaknesses and immunities if anyone is curious, just let me know) Yeah, I know we would have to adjust to the new type chart, but it'd be a nice challenge for seasoned players.

Special Speed
    A new stat to be the alternative to regular Speed. With Special Speed, the higher it is, the faster you'll be against Pokemon who has a special type. For example, Steel-type Skarmory with a high special speed would be able to strike first against Electric-type Pikachu. A high regular Speed would allow you to be able to strike first against Pokemon that is a Physical type like Steel or Ground. For Dual-type Pokemon, Type 1 would always count as the main type you would want to be faster than.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Eh I might as well say what I think about these.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Here is my final and full Wishlist of move/ability changes:

Stealth Rock: Ever since its introduction, Stealth Rock has become a loved hazard due to entry damaging Pokemon based on its typing. Some Pokemon like Skarmory, Torterra and Empoleon don't suffer it's tradegies unlike Charizard, Ho-oh and Delibird. How to make these guys switch it just a bit better? Nerf the amount of damage the Pokemon take in half like 4x weakness now take 25% instead of 50% and so on

Levitate: Ah the ability that provides immunity to Spikes/Toxic Spikes and Ground moves. But how about an immunity to Stealth Rock damage alongside? Now your Latios or Cryoganol can now be entry hazard free.

Razor Leaf: Who uses this move in competitive play? Change it's lousy base power to base 85 or 90. Now that's a Doubles move for you.

Quash: I always lol when I see this TM. Besides Prankster Murkrow using it in Doubles (I believe it gets it), that's about it. Change it to a move that can eliminate hazards like Rapid Spin. Only difference is that it doesn't do any damage but then again, Rapid Spin hits pretty weak.

Techno Blast: Genesect, the most interesting Legendary in Unova: I don't always use Techno Blast but when I do I forget that I have moves that are stronger then the Drives that were inserted on my back. Maybe change it to something like this: Fire Techno Blast always burn, Electric always paralyzes, Freeze always lowers the opponents Speed and Douse lowers special defense.

Illuminate: Why the hell did Stench get an upgrade yet Illuminate didn't? Change it Gamefreak to lowering the opponents accuracy by 10%. NOW THAT'S A DECENT UPGRADE!

Charge Beam: Eh not to much to add but make it increase the users special attack 100% of the time like Flame Charge increasing speed by one 100% all the time.

Run Away: As much as I like to run from Golbat all the time,how about the ability to escape Shadow Tag and Arena Trap? Sorry Chandelure but I'm bringing in my Houndoom to counter you no matter how hard you can trap me.

Moody: We all hate having an Octillery sweeping us because of the luck it has. Remove the evasion and +2 stat raise and change it to +1 stat, -2 stat. Much better.

Focus Blast: Focus Miss! Just change its accuracy to 85 and voila! Much more reliable.

Stealth Rock: Rapid Spin exists for a reason. You have to use strategy when dealing with these moves.

Levitate: The rocks for Stealth Rock float instead of being on the ground. So I don't see this working.

Razor Leaf: Sounds good but a lot of Pokemon will have their movesets changed so they learn it much later than usual. (Chikorita learns it at Lv6 so it would learn it much later)

Quash: Sounds alright but I reckon a new attack will have a similar effect.

Techno Blast: I was thinking on the lines of 30% for status. Burn/Paralyzed/Freeze/Confused. But yours is alright.

Illuminate: So basically it's like Brightpowder but as an ability that can stack with Brightpowder itself? It would be banned competitively.

Charge Beam: Sounds good to me.

Run Away: Makes me wonder why they haven't done that already...

Moody: Just remove the chance of increasing Evasion and it's fixed.

Focus Blast: I like it. Still be called Focus Miss though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    I for one am hoping for a few new changes to the gameplay. Ones that I came up with years ago. Heck, most of my ideas ended up in B/W, the creators might as well use these too.

Pokemon able to learn at least 6 moves instead of 4
    I mean come on, there has to be like what, well over 300 different types of moves? This has annoyed me for a while, to make these tough choices to narrow down a perfect moveset to only 4 per Pokemon is frustrating. Hopefully the writers can make it so that the Pokemon that are native to this new Region are advanced enough to be able to learn an additional 2 moves for a total of 6. (Cuz 8 was a BIG stretch) including past Pokemon that are transferred to the new region will be able to adapt to using extra moves. This would give us players a little bit more variety and the ability to create the perfect combos and movesets.

New Types
    For years I've came up with 3 new types. Wind, Heart, and Light types for a total of 20 (I've also narrowed down the strengths and weaknesses and immunities if anyone is curious, just let me know) Yeah, I know we would have to adjust to the new type chart, but it'd be a nice challenge for seasoned players.

Special Speed
    A new stat to be the alternative to regular Speed. With Special Speed, the higher it is, the faster you'll be against Pokemon who has a special type. For example, Steel-type Skarmory with a high special speed would be able to strike first against Electric-type Pikachu. A high regular Speed would allow you to be able to strike first against Pokemon that is a Physical type like Steel or Ground. For Dual-type Pokemon, Type 1 would always count as the main type you would want to be faster than.
    6 moves instead of 4: 4 is perfectly fine. Having more than that gets really confusing and not every Pokemon can take advantage of 6 moves.

New Types: I stopped reading that part after seeing that. The ONLY reason they introduced Dark and Steel is to balance the Psychic type.

Special Speed: This would get way too confusing...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 4th February 2013 at 4:46 AM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

New Types
    Flying is basically Wind

Heart......what. Sorry, but personally I think this is just as bad as Sound.

Light......has been mentioned and countered repeatedly, so I won't bother saying anything about it.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    I have to agree with Cerex, It should still feel like a Pokemon game. If you think changing to 8 direction would change your experience what do you think of them changing to 3D models? That was a way bigger move than them changing to 8 direction imo.
    Not to mention they've gone further than that before. Colossuem and XD didn't even have a grid system, it was completely free 3D movement.

Special Speed

I'm sorry, what is the point of this? Speed doesn't depend on physical/special attacks, this would be pointless. I don't think we need any new stats, if they're adding any, it should be Accuracy/Evasion, but I don't think metagame would like that.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th February 2013 at 5:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

That's is not the same at all! Changing esthetics/appearance is entirely different then changing game mechanics.
    So that's not much of an opinionated arguement.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    I don't know if here it's the right place, but...

I wish some kind of move like Miracle Eye or Foresight or Gravity to Poison Type.
    I want destroy the Steel's Immunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I wish that they can adjust miracle eye, foresight, or gravity so that the immunity become a 2x weakness. I would like if there is a move that nullfies poison immunity and replaces with poison weakness. Imagine a rusting Lucario or Scizor.
    As much as I love Steel-types, i've always thought that the reasoning behind it's complete immunity against Poison to be somewhat flimsy. Even if they are supposedly of a non-organic make-up, lots of metals can be corroded by acid.

Nontheless, I agree, Poison-types need a move (not something like Soak or other moves & abilities that play around with type changes, but an actual Poison-type move that they will have access to) that will nullify Steel's immunity against them. Some ideas I could think of:

Oxidise: "The user sprays a corrosive substance on the target that weakens it's protective layer and makes it susceptible to Poison-type moves."

Poison-types take stage.
    Last edited by humilau; 4th February 2013 at 6:33 AM.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    As much as I love Steel-types, i've always thought that the reasoning behind it's complete immunity against Poison to be somewhat flimsy. Even if they are supposedly of a non-organic make-up, lots of metals can be corroded by acid.

Nontheless, I agree, Poison-types need a move that will nullify Steel's immunity against them. Some ideas I could think of:

Oxidise: The user sprays a corrosive substance on the target that weakens it's protective layer and makes it susceptible to Poison-type moves.

Poison-types take stage.
    Well eventhough they did develop Ring target, and Normalize abilities.
    I agree. Maybe they can call the move Acid Pour, or Acid Rain. An attack that strips poison type immunity. That way its not questionable to use, like Mean look, or Foresight are.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    That's is not the same at all! Changing esthetics/appearance is entirely different then changing game mechanics.
    So that's not much of an opinionated arguement.
    Okay, but I still don't understand how adding the ability to move more freely makes it feel that it's not a Pokemon game. Would you also say using the touch screen to enter commands instead of the d-pad makes it not feel like a Pokemon game? Or that now Mario games are 3D movement instead 2D it's not a Mario game?

Nontheless, I agree, Poison-types need a move that will nullify Steel's immunity against them. Some ideas I could think of:

Oxidise: The user sprays a corrosive substance on the target that weakens it's protective layer and makes it susceptible to Poison-type moves.

Poison-types take stage.
    Make it happen, Game Freak!

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Maybe they can call the move Acid Pour, or Acid Rain.
    Acid Rain should be a weather effect. Like a Poison type version of Sandstorm/Hail.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not to mention they've gone further than that before. Colossuem and XD didn't even have a grid system, it was completely free 3D movement.
    Exactly, and those pretty much felt like Pokemon games to me.

Nontheless, I agree, Poison-types need a move (not something like Soak or other moves & abilities that play around with type changes, but an actual Poison-type move that they will have access to) that will nullify Steel's immunity against them. Some ideas I could think of:

Oxidise: "The user sprays a corrosive substance on the target that weakens it's protective layer and makes it susceptible to Poison-type moves."

Poison-types take stage.
    A shame that nobody will use it.

What i hope to see is the choice of difficulty before you start the game so that way people don't have to worry about having to play through the game to unlock the new difficulty.
    so it should be like this.
    -choose a gender (obviously male or Female)
    -give your character a name, (another basic step)
    -then lastly choose the games difficulty, (Assist, Normal and then Challenge*)

*= would be the one i choose from the beginning.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Acid Rain should be a weather effect. Like a Poison type version of Sandstorm/Hail.
    would be hilarious if they actually implement Acid Rain, considering that one weather bug with the same name

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    What i hope to see is the choice of difficulty before you start the game so that way people don't have to worry about having to play through the game to unlock the new difficulty.
    so it should be like this.
    -choose a gender (obviously male or Female)
    -give your character a name, (another basic step)
    -then lastly choose the games difficulty, (Assist, Normal and then Challenge*)

*= would be the one i choose from the beginning.
    A lot of people are going to be upset if they do it any other way. Having to unlock it via key system post game in BW2 was absolutely a stupid idea, not to mention the fact that it was version exclusive.

A lot of people are going to be upset if they do it any other way. Having to unlock it via key system post game in BW2 was absolutely a stupid idea, not to mention the fact that it was version exclusive.
    It better be available from the start.

I would love if they incorporated more mechanics to breeding. For example, have females be able to have offspring of the males species too if they are compatible. I would also love if they returned being able to let a Pokemon out to follow you but make it optional for those who don't want it.
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Top favs:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ogical-Society

About that Challenge Key, I'm still thinking it'll be something for the DLC.
    And speaking of DLC, for in game special events (Like the Liberty Ticket), the item would be on the DLC shop for free for a certain amount of time but afterwards, a small fee will be put on it but it will stay on the shop. It would be great for those that don't have the game and get it late and miss out on Wi-Fi Events. Not to mention if you want to start a new game, since you keep DLC you brought in the 3DS storage, you can do that event again.

They can still have Wi-Fi events for giveaways and whatnot.

^ Yeah we can have give aways still that shouldn't be too much of a problem, (most people would still like to have that), but i am really more worried about the difficulty settings for both games, i am certain many people would want the option straight away, (me included), also i didn't like the fact that it was version exclusive until we sent the difficulty key to the next game through wireless communications.

I just think adding dfficulty was a great idea and it needs to be implemented but without having to finish the game or having to get it through events, which would simply annoy people like me beause i have a very hard time getting Wi-Fi connection for my DS which i have been trying for a while now.

Another way to do it is have B2 and send the challenge key over to X or Y which would be nice to do as well
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

I hope that the Gym Battles, Elite Four and Champion battles (And optional post game battles like Cynthia and Red) have Pokemon that are EV trained especially on Challenge Mode. I mean, a Pokemon of the same species that's like 10 levels lower can still outspeed and OHKO it's opponent if it's EV trained and every trainer in the game outside of Battle Facilities have no EVs at all. I can understand for regular trainers but for the Elite Four and Champion? I expect a challenge. It's well known that Cynthia's Pokemon have max IVs but imagine if they had EVs? It would be tougher than usual. I mean, they can keep it the way it is for Normal Mode but for Challenge Mode, it's just an extra Pokemon and slightly higher levels. I expected a bigger challenge.

Also the use of Hidden Abilities would be nice too. The Water gym with Drizzle Politoed? At least in their rematch? Oh boy... (Then again, a simple use of Sunny Day completely ruins their team. XD)
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 4th February 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Okay, but I still don't understand how adding the ability to move more freely makes it feel that it's not a Pokemon game. Would you also say using the touch screen to enter commands instead of the d-pad makes it not feel like a Pokemon game? Or that now Mario games are 3D movement instead 2D it's not a Mario game?
    Nobody ever said that it would.
    Go back a couple of pages. I simply stated that I think it would be awkward, and that I personally wouldn't like it. I didn't like Pokemon:XD movement at all, heck I didn't like the game itself. So PLEASE do me a favor and don't twist what imsaying around. No I'm not saying at all that "change" is bad. Simply put, that one detail, I ALONE, wouldn't like.
    So your arguement is really just becoming a repetitive redundancy if you ask me.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 4th February 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    I hope that the Gym Battles, Elite Four and Champion battles (And optional post game battles like Cynthia and Red) have Pokemon that are EV trained especially on Challenge Mode. I mean, a Pokemon of the same species that's like 10 levels lower can still outspeed and OHKO it's opponent if it's EV trained and every trainer in the game outside of Battle Facilities have no EVs at all. I can understand for regular trainers but for the Elite Four and Champion? I expect a challenge. It's well known that Cynthia's Pokemon have max IVs but imagine if they had EVs? It would be tougher than usual. I mean, they can keep it the way it is for Normal Mode but for Challenge Mode, it's just an extra Pokemon and slightly higher levels. I expected a bigger challenge.

Also the use of Hidden Abilities would be nice too. The Water gym with Drizzle Politoed? At least in their rematch? Oh boy... (Then again, a simple use of Sunny Day completely ruins their team. XD)
    Hum, speaking of, this is what I would like it to be like:

EASY MODE:
    No EV's, no Iv's.

NORMAL MODE:
    EV trained, but in barely used stats. IV's are at 10-17

CHALLENGE MODE:
    Fully EV trained in perfect stat, best nature, IV's are perfect.

... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post

That would turn every single casual player off, so that is really a horrible idea.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Page 65 of 526 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast