Page 66 of 526 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I would like for Aerodactly to learn Brave Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Nobody ever said that it would.
    Go back a couple of pages. I simply stated that I think it would be awkward, and that I personally wouldn't like it. I didn't like Pokemon:XD movement at all, heck I didn't like the game itself. So PLEASE do me a favor and don't twist what imsaying around. No I'm not saying at all that "change" is bad. Simply put, that one detail, I ALONE, wouldn't like.
    So your arguement is really just becoming a repetitive redundancy if you ask me.
    Well, I never said you said it would. But someone clearly did say it would if you read Bearcubxox post. They clearly said and I quote "Personally I want to keep four direction...I think if they change EVERYTHING it won't feel like a pokemon game". And wow my argument "repetitive redundancy"? I'm not even arguing, I'm just saying why wouldn't it feel like a Pokemon game? You sound extremely upset, and for no reason. We're just discussing 4 way direction vs 8 way direction....
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Acid Rain should be a weather effect. Like a Poison type version of Sandstorm/Hail.
    This will be so great! I love it.
    It's will give some hype for the poison-type pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Also the use of Hidden Abilities would be nice too. The Water gym with Drizzle Politoed? At least in their rematch? Oh boy... (Then again, a simple use of Sunny Day completely ruins their team. XD)
    I agree there should be a way to change abilities in the game. Like how in Pokemon Conquest you could change your abilities at that fountain.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    This will be so great! I love it.
    It's will give some hype for the poison-type pokemon.
    Snakes, spiders, skunks, and other venomous animals use poison as a defensive mechanism. Poison types need to have a better reason to be used.

There is no Poison Legendary except for Poison plate Arceus. There are pratically no ubers or OU Poison Pokemon.

Acid Rain.

I really hate that the typing is only super-effective to one type. they should really make the poison type more defensive to compensate the lack of offense.
    How about replenish HP of poison type Pokemon? If there was Acid Rain, I wish that it would increase defense and special defense of Poison type pokemon. But let it not boost defs of bug; Scizor already has high defense.

Acid Rain would also make Dustox more usable in competitive battle as his defense is already higher than other poison/bug pokemon. Hey, change the Dustox's useless Hidden Ability, Compound Eyes, into Acid Rain. That would make Dustox like a Poison type tyranitar.
    Last edited by confuser987; 4th February 2013 at 9:13 PM.

I'm really hoping for longer game play, and side story.
    I hate how quick I go threw the game.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Just another reason to add onto why we should have more than 8 gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I agree there should be a way to change abilities in the game. Like how in Pokemon Conquest you could change your abilities at that fountain.
    What fountain? I've beat every single inch of that game, and I didn't know that.

I had a good idea that expands on the Yggdrasil Theory, and expands to actual gameplay. Should I share? Or will my haters hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    What fountain? I've beat every single inch of that game, and I didn't know that.
    It's in Valora or Ignis. I think Valora is the only one that has it in the main story though.

I think some new weather would be nice, I could see windy in particular having an interesting battle effect in making certain things easier to do and others harder to do or something like that.
    I also want day and night to come back in full and be worked in with seasons so like encounter rates are affected by both and a new pokemon that evolves based on the time of day could be introduced again, since it felt like seasons overtook and over powered day and night in BW and BW2.

Well how quick you go through the game is more of a personal matter. Some people may take a while to get through the game for one reason or another, the more time you put into the games(And how consistent you are with putting time into the games) the quicker you'll get through the story. There is side stuff to do in the games which is virtually limitless(Battle Tower, Subway, PWT, Frontier, etc...), not really adding to the actual story, but overall, they make the games longer as there is a lot you can do with them, plus there's non-battling side attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Just another reason to add onto why we should have more than 8 gyms.
    I wouldn't want more then 8 Gyms, at least when it comes to badge requirement for the league. Don't really need more Gyms anyways, they manage to add other things to expand the game.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Well how quick you go through the game is more of a personal matter. Some people may take a while to get through the game for one reason or another, the more time you put into the games(And how consistent you are with putting time into the games) the quicker you'll get through the story. There is side stuff to do in the games which is virtually limitless(Battle Tower, Subway, PWT, Frontier, etc...), not really adding to the actual story, but overall, they make the games longer as there is a lot you can do with them, plus there's non-battling side attractions.

I wouldn't want more then 8 Gyms, at least when it comes to badge requirement for the league. Don't really need more Gyms anyways, they manage to add other things to expand the game.
    As far as expansion goes, not only would I want a longer playthrough, but actually compelling post game material

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    As far as expansion goes, not only would I want a longer playthrough, but actually compelling post game material
    Was the post game stuff in past games not compelling enough for you?

What Generation 6 needs:

-A FEMALE rival
    -More Gyms
    -New Pokeballs
    -New Pokemon
    -New Attacks
    -Realistic music
    -A little LESS Trainer battles
    -More fun stuff

o3o
    SonicLife is my name, And Burning way past cool is my game!

Nuff said. -Leaves-
    SonicLife is my name, And Burning way past cool is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife View Post
    What Generation 6 needs:

-A FEMALE rival
    -More Gyms
    -New Pokeballs
    -New Pokemon
    -New Attacks
    -Realistic music
    -More fun stuff

o3o
    I don't think they "need" a female rival, I think it would be ideal to have a male and female rival though.

What do you mean by "more" gyms? More then 8 added or just in general adding gyms to the games which they always do, the latter of which obviously would happen along with new Pokemon and attacks as they always add those. Pokeballs could go either way, last generation only added one.

What do you mean by "realistic" music?

Why less trainer battles? There's no reason to really do that, why take away from one of the biggest part of the games? If anything they'd add more battles with trainers. There's always optional battles anyways, so if you don't want to battle everyone you don't have to.

"Fun" is subjective, but they'll add more to the games as they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife View Post
    What Generation 6 needs:

-A FEMALE rival
    -More Gyms
    -New Pokeballs
    -New Pokemon
    -New Attacks
    -Realistic music
    -More fun stuff

o3o
    Less Trainer battles? and a female rival? um there has already been 5 female rivals. Crystal, May, Dawn, Bianca and Lyra. as for new pokeballs there is already a decent set of pokeballs we really don't need anymore than we already have, New pokemon well that was always going to happen when they introduced gen 6 same goes for new attacks, they are going to add new music to fit to the european theme of the game, they will only add 8 new gyms to the game unless they do a repeat of Gold and Silver which would be nice to see again (but highly doubt), as for the fun stuff i would like to see an updated pokemon contests and battle frontier or PWT either one of the last two would be fine with me.
    Last edited by paul (dragon master); 5th February 2013 at 3:34 AM. Reason: made an error
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    um there has already been 5 female rivals. Crystal, May, Dawn, Hilda and Lyra.
    Only May was your rival. You never met Kris in Crystal, Dawn never battled against you and neither did Lyra. Hilda battled with you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Only May was your rival. You never met Kris in Crystal, Dawn never battled against you and neither did Lyra. Hilda battled with you though.
    Hilda was a typo i meant Bianca, since she did battle the player on a few occassions
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    Hilda was a typo i meant Bianca, since she did battle the player on a few occassions
    Then we've only had two female rivals. I welcome the idea of more female rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    I hope that the Gym Battles, Elite Four and Champion battles (And optional post game battles like Cynthia and Red) have Pokemon that are EV trained especially on Challenge Mode. I mean, a Pokemon of the same species that's like 10 levels lower can still outspeed and OHKO it's opponent if it's EV trained and every trainer in the game outside of Battle Facilities have no EVs at all. I can understand for regular trainers but for the Elite Four and Champion? I expect a challenge. It's well known that Cynthia's Pokemon have max IVs but imagine if they had EVs? It would be tougher than usual. I mean, they can keep it the way it is for Normal Mode but for Challenge Mode, it's just an extra Pokemon and slightly higher levels. I expected a bigger challenge.

Also the use of Hidden Abilities would be nice too. The Water gym with Drizzle Politoed? At least in their rematch? Oh boy... (Then again, a simple use of Sunny Day completely ruins their team. XD)
    The biggest problem with the difficulty in the games is that most of the trainers (including Gym Leaders and Elite 4) rely on brute force strategies that are incredibly simple to counter, I'd like to see them use more complex strategies like you might see in the competitive scene, at the very least for Challenge Mode if they haven't done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Snakes, spiders, skunks, and other venomous animals use poison as a defensive mechanism. Poison types need to have a better reason to be used.

There is no Poison Legendary except for Poison plate Arceus. There are pratically no ubers or OU Poison Pokemon.

Acid Rain.

I really hate that the typing is only super-effective to one type. they should really make the poison type more defensive to compensate the lack of offense.
    How about replenish HP of poison type Pokemon? If there was Acid Rain, I wish that it would increase defense and special defense of Poison type pokemon. But let it not boost defs of bug; Scizor already has high defense.

Acid Rain would also make Dustox more usable in competitive battle as his defense is already higher than other poison/bug pokemon. Hey, change the Dustox's useless Hidden Ability, Compound Eyes, into Acid Rain. That would make Dustox like a Poison type tyranitar.
    This is good and all, but I think every time should at least have some offensive and defensive options, I think having only one type advantage really limits what Poison can do as a type, so until that much is changed Poison will pretty much never be a particularly useful type.

You mean like Stark Mountain in Platinum or the Sage Hunt in BW1? I'd love to see more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon POWER! View Post
    I think some new weather would be nice, I could see windy in particular having an interesting battle effect in making certain things easier to do and others harder to do or something like that.
    I also want day and night to come back in full and be worked in with seasons so like encounter rates are affected by both and a new pokemon that evolves based on the time of day could be introduced again, since it felt like seasons overtook and over powered day and night in BW and BW2.
    Having both seasons and day/night affect encounter rates would be completely overwhelming, because then some areas would have 12 different wild Pokemon rosters, not counting Double Grass or Shaking Spots. That'd be absolutely ridiculous to program and ultimately pointless because they probably wouldn't have enough Pokemon to justify it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I require revamped and redesigned from the ground up contests... I want to earn ribbons... I want to do appeals.. But like.. More like the anime (Don't know how possible it would be) but I even enjoyed the original R/S/E contests..

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    I require revamped and redesigned from the ground up contests... I want to earn ribbons... I want to do appeals.. But like.. More like the anime (Don't know how possible it would be) but I even enjoyed the original R/S/E contests..
    Would be AWESOME if they can construct contests so that its similar to the anime!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I just want some type of contests back, and have it have pokemon battling as part of it... But just make moves have an appeal power (like lava plumes attack power is 80, it could have cool appeal power 100) and rather than health points it would be apple points.
    Again I don't know how it would work but I'd be chuffed to have them back the way they were even lol

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    That would turn every single casual player off, so that is really a horrible idea.
    I did say it would be only for Challenge Mode. Normal Mode will have what we're used to already. And just like any extra difficulty for any game with them, it's optional. It would be something for veteran gamers that wish for a challenge. Not to mention, they clearly support the competitive scene with all these Wi-Fi tournament so having a Challenge Mode like what I mentioned in-game would be nice. They don't start off fully EV trained you know. The Champion battle would be though for the extra challenge. Like I said, it's optional. Normal Mode is for the casual gamers.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 5th February 2013 at 9:53 AM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Page 66 of 526 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast