Page 68 of 526 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Little things i would like to see/come back..
    -Ball customization: it added a uniqueness to sending out pokemon, if we could customize and have our own ball that would be cool too.
    -Battle scenes for wifi matches:I am tired of the pain background they should give us field options kind of like pokemon stadium.
    -Coliseums/Tournaments for exp
    -More quick match options

Should we be expecting anything new from Corocoro when it's leaked, did they hint/preview anything in the last issue?
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Also, I want them to combine the season system from the 5th gen with the day-night system of the 2nd and 4th gen. When I say 'the day-night system of the 2nd and 4th gen," I mean having where the different Pokemon you encounter vary by what time of day it is in the game. So, in some routes you'll find nocturnal species like Zubat and Woobat a lot at night, but during the day you'll encounter diurnal species like Bouffalant and Deerling. And in addition to that, it would be nice to mix that with the season system, where you can encounter different species more or less often during different seasons. It just seemed like a shame in the 5th gen that they kept the day-night system but the species of Pokemon you encounter wouldn't change by the time of day, only the seasons.
    No, there's not enough Pokemon to justify bringing back seasons AND day/night, then you'd have 12 different rosters for wild Pokemon in a single area, not counting Double Grass or Shaking Spots, in which case double or triple that number. And I'd rather have day/night as opposed to seasons, seasonal cycles are too long, 3 months is too long to wait to access a particular area or catch a particular Pokemon.

Two other things I'd like to see make a comeback are Headbutt trees and underground exploring.
    Headbutt trees are nice, but probably not necessary since we've got plenty of ways to catch Pokemon at this point (Double Grass and Shaking Spots give us a ton of slots to fill), I think if they include Headbutt we'll be getting a lot of repeats throughout the game. Underground would be cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Well it's kind of like that already to some degree, you probably do check the Pokemon you see when you battle them as they get put in the dex afterwards, they probably just feel it would be a little much having the actual dex popping up any time a new Pokemon appears. So long as they put an option to turn it on or off, it should be fine though, that way, those who don't want the dex popping up all the time don't have to have it do so.

In terms of the dex, I rather it just give out more info, move lists, ways Pokemon evolve, that kind of stuff. You can find it on serebii, and bubalpedia and the like, but I rather the dex have more to it this time around, I pretty much never check my dex aside from whenever I capture a new Pokemon which is forced anyways.
    Here's what I think they should do with the Pokedex, when you first see a Pokemon, it would give you some basic information about the Pokemon, at the very least its typing and maybe abilities. But then when you actually catch the Pokemon, you get access to much more information about the Pokemon, its movesets, evolutions, egg group, etc. Possibly even having it fill in as you go along, for instance, if your Pokemon learns a new move by leveling up, it will be recorded in the Pokedex. In battle, you can view your Pokedex during your turn and it will take you to its Pokedex page so you can identify it easily. So if you were to encounter a new Pokemon, you could use your Pokedex to glean basic data on it, like its type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    Should we be expecting anything new from Corocoro when it's leaked, did they hint/preview anything in the last issue?
    Nothing really, IIRC they just gave us some sparse details on Xerneas and Yveltal (just their names, height, and weight, not even anything significant like typing or abilities). I think this month they'll probably show a few new Pokemon (probably the regional bird, regional rodent, and maybe some other common Pokemon throughout the game), a few screenshots and concept art, and maybe some significant new features (probably an elaboration on how happiness will affect your Pokemon this game, maybe some mechanics that take advantage of new 3DS features like Streetpass). But even all that might be a bit much, we've still got plenty of time until the games come out, so they probably won't be revealing too much at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    The one flaw with using Audino as training is a bunch of HP Evs. Which really don't matter that much in main story play but as you pokemon near the larger levels you will start noticing the difference.
    Besides, you can only battle the people in the sport domes once per day, and once they've been taken care of you pretty much have no choice but to go to the Audino training. With a VS seeker you can actually rebattle people several times in the same day.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Would it not be possible to just transfer from a DS to a 3DS? Or can the two systems not connect to each other like that?
    Well, I'm pretty sure only DS games can connect to DS games, Nd likewise with 3DS. Meaning that either we're going to get some major upgrade for the 3DS, or ghere'll be another generation gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, there's not enough Pokemon to justify bringing back seasons AND day/night, then you'd have 12 different rosters for wild Pokemon in a single area, not counting Double Grass or Shaking Spots, in which case double or triple that number. And I'd rather have day/night as opposed to seasons, seasonal cycles are too long, 3 months is too long to wait to access a particular area or catch a particular Pokemon.
    Are you kidding? As of the 6th gen, we're going to have over 700 species, how is that not enough? Besides, even with the season and day-night system, there will be plenty of species who appear in all times and all seasons. Think about it, in most routes the species you find don't change by seasons anyway, and most of the ones that do only change the rarity of them. The same goes for the day-night system: most of the species only change how rare they are, not just whether they're present or not. There are some routes where you'll find things like Zubat only at night and things like Kriketune only in the morning, but in those routes all the rest of the Pokemon only vary in rarity throughout the day. So, some Pokemon that are rare in the morning may be common in the day, but they're present all the time.
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Are you kidding? As of the 6th gen, we're going to have over 700 species, how is that not enough? Besides, even with the season and day-night system, there will be plenty of species who appear in all times and all seasons. Think about it, in most routes the species you find don't change by seasons anyway, and most of the ones that do only change the rarity of them. The same goes for the day-night system: most of the species only change how rare they are, not just whether they're present or not. There are some routes where you'll find things like Zubat only at night and things like Kriketune only in the morning, but in those routes all the rest of the Pokemon only vary in rarity throughout the day. So, some Pokemon that are rare in the morning may be common in the day, but they're present all the time.
    But not all of them are ging into the regional dex.

Though the seasons only meant that lines like Spheal and Cubchoo are basically impossible go find unless you like waiting three months.

I'd much rather just have only Day/Morning/Night than Seasons.

If there are no seasons, then what will happen to Deerling and Sawsbuck?
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    If there are no seasons, then what will happen to Deerling and Sawsbuck?
    Castform will lend them his magical Forecast abolity.

... Fine. As long as you can still find Ice Types outside of Winter.

Three chances in a Year to catch Spheal was pure Hell.

Are you kidding? As of the 6th gen, we're going to have over 700 species, how is that not enough? Besides, even with the season and day-night system, there will be plenty of species who appear in all times and all seasons.
    That might work if all 700something were going to be appearing in XY's main game, but I doubt that's going to happen, it's probably only going to be 200-300 or so in the main game, and with something like what you're suggesting, they'd have hundreds of rosters to fill. So you'd be getting a lot of repeats spread throughout the entire game which would get boring.

Think about it, in most routes the species you find don't change by seasons anyway, and most of the ones that do only change the rarity of them. The same goes for the day-night system: most of the species only change how rare they are, not just whether they're present or not. There are some routes where you'll find things like Zubat only at night and things like Kriketune only in the morning, but in those routes all the rest of the Pokemon only vary in rarity throughout the day. So, some Pokemon that are rare in the morning may be common in the day, but they're present all the time.
    Then why do you need 10 identical rosters? That'd be a huge waste. Also, how many Pokemon do you think would be exclusive to these specific conditions? What kinds of Pokemon would you expect only to find on Winter mornings? What about Summer nights? I'd imagine not enough to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Though the seasons only meant that lines like Spheal and Cubchoo are basically impossible go find unless you like waiting three months.
    See, this is exactly why I think seasons need to die, it's too long a wait for certain Pokemon. It's especially problematic in BW2, when there are too few Ice types available at the one point in the game when they're most useful (the gym battle against Drayden).
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 7th February 2013 at 4:37 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

But not all of them are ging into the regional dex.

They just need to have Seasons change more frequent. I don't think they should get rid of them.
    Maybe have them change every week. That way each month we'd go through 4 seasons, and wouldn't get bored of the seasons as quickly.plus I waiting for the seasons is such a pain for you, then just change your time settings.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Wynaut both?

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Red face

I feel that seasons and day/night can exist. Day/Night can have aesthetic changes like DP and Crystal had as well as wild Pokemon changes. Seasons should only have aesthetic changes and no modifications should be made to Pokémon (with the exception of those deer). I think the trainer classes should be affected by seasons. (youngsters absent in winter because of their shorts, snowboarders etc. in winter only, aroma ladies only in spring)

Castform will lend them his magical Forecast abolity.

... Fine. As long as you can still find Ice Types outside of Winter.

Three chances in a Year to catch Spheal was pure Hell.
    Change the date on your DS.

Nothing really, IIRC they just gave us some sparse details on Xerneas and Yveltal (just their names, height, and weight, not even anything significant like typing or abilities). I think this month they'll probably show a few new Pokemon (probably the regional bird, regional rodent, and maybe some other common Pokemon throughout the game), a few screenshots and concept art, and maybe some significant new features (probably an elaboration on how happiness will affect your Pokemon this game, maybe some mechanics that take advantage of new 3DS features like Streetpass). But even all that might be a bit much, we've still got plenty of time until the games come out, so they probably won't be revealing too much at this point.
    Yeah gotcha'. Although I did see last month issue, was just wondering if they hinted at there being a reveal in the next issue.
    I agree though, don't see them releasing too much new info at this stage. Shame. The fandom have been/always hype corocoro
    which led me to think that "hey, we might get something new" and honestly I wish we do as the wait is killing me.
    It's as bad and cruciating as the wait was for 5th gen/BW2 although atleast they were splashing news at a faster rate, this is insanity :]
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

How much light pollution is there in france? Does it ever get pitch-black there at night? Flash would be so useful if a place can get totally dark at night.

I wonder how much they will change the battle screen. It already turned 3D in Gen 5. Let's see where this goes.

Let's count down the different side-functions we've had through different gens, and see what would be the best ones to bring back.
    -Contests: Eh, I can take them or leave them
    -Battle tents: Not interested
    -Secret hideouts (Secret Power): I miss these, although if they were to bring back underground exploring I'd be fine without them
    -Headbutt trees: These were really fun, especially when you headbutt a tree at night and the Pokemon that falls out is asleep
    -Pokeathalon: This was very addictive for me, and I would rather enjoy seeing it make a comeback
    -Safari Zone: YES! Bring it back! My biggest complaint about gen 5 is it has no Safari Zone or something like that (the Great Marsh, for example)
    -Underground exploring: So much WANT! I loved this so much.
    -Day/Night system that includes changes in the rarity of Pokemon: As I already pointed out, I really want to see this again
    -Season system that also changes rarity of Pokemon: I agree that it would be better if the seasons changed more frequently, but aside from that I'd like to see this.
    -Pokestar Studios(or an equivalent film place): I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind it returning.
    -Musicals: nah, I didn't really get anything out of them
    -Hidden grottoes: nah, they were fun for a while but they got annoying after a while
    -Having Pokemon follow you outside their Pokeballs: YES! I want it back!
    -Battle Tower/Subway/Frontier: Sure, even though that's the one aspect of the Pokemon games I've never mastered in any copy of any game (the closest I've gotten is Emerald, where I have the silver symbols from 6/7 frontier facilities)

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I wonder how much they will change the battle screen. It already turned 3D in Gen 5. Let's see where this goes.
    Probably the HP bar will go down there, and just the Pokemon with the Pokeball's in the corner for the top screen. Gonna give us some screen space to accommodate the useage of 3D models instead of pixels.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Probably the HP bar will go down there, and just the Pokemon with the Pokeball's in the corner for the top screen. Gonna give us some screen space to accommodate the useage of 3D models instead of pixels.
    they could do it like in battle revolution where the bar appears when the damage is being calculated, and if you want to check it when you are selecting your move, they could have it on the lower screen.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Wynaut both?
    I just explained that:

That might work if all 700something were going to be appearing in XY's main game, but I doubt that's going to happen, it's probably only going to be 200-300 or so in the main game, and with something like what you're suggesting, they'd have hundreds of rosters to fill. So you'd be getting a lot of repeats spread throughout the entire game which would get boring.

Then why do you need 10 identical rosters? That'd be a huge waste. Also, how many Pokemon do you think would be exclusive to these specific conditions? What kinds of Pokemon would you expect only to find on Winter mornings? What about Summer nights? I'd imagine not enough to justify it.

See, this is exactly why I think seasons need to die, it's too long a wait for certain Pokemon. It's especially problematic in BW2, when there are too few Ice types available at the one point in the game when they're most useful (the gym battle against Drayden).
    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I feel that seasons and day/night can exist. Day/Night can have aesthetic changes like DP and Crystal had as well as wild Pokemon changes. Seasons should only have aesthetic changes and no modifications should be made to Pokémon (with the exception of those deer). I think the trainer classes should be affected by seasons. (youngsters absent in winter because of their shorts, snowboarders etc. in winter only, aroma ladies only in spring)
    That could be a good compromise, but one thing that's missing is layout changes, I think the idea to give you access to different areas based on certain conditions is a good one, but again, the problem is that seasons last too long. It'd be better if they tie layout changes to weather (sun dries up the area and causes water level to drop, rain does the exact opposite, hail does the same thing Winter did in 5th gen, and sandstorm causes sand to pile up).

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    Yeah gotcha'. Although I did see last month issue, was just wondering if they hinted at there being a reveal in the next issue.
    I agree though, don't see them releasing too much new info at this stage. Shame. The fandom have been/always hype corocoro
    which led me to think that "hey, we might get something new" and honestly I wish we do as the wait is killing me.
    It's as bad and cruciating as the wait was for 5th gen/BW2 although atleast they were splashing news at a faster rate, this is insanity :]
    Yeah, I understand perfectly, I was really annoyed at the sheer lack of info surrounding BW2 until about a month or two before its release (I mean, come on, we knew next to nothing about it until then), that made me really nervous.

Going on the way news has been released for past generations (I started paying attention to this stuff shortly after DP was first announced), we'll probably be getting info on at least one or two new Pokemon per month, and probably not much else until we get closer to October (so maybe around May or June). For now, I think we're just going to have to sit back and relax, we've got plenty of time until then and slightly more info than I would've expected from an initial announcement. There's no hurry for them to reveal everything about this game at this point.

-Secret hideouts (Secret Power): I miss these, although if they were to bring back underground exploring I'd be fine without them
    You know, the Underground had Secret Bases, too. They just weren't quite the same as in RSE.

-Safari Zone: YES! Bring it back! My biggest complaint about gen 5 is it has no Safari Zone or something like that (the Great Marsh, for example)
    The Great Marsh IS a Safari Zone, it's just not called that. And 5th gen isn't the first to exclude it, recall the original GSC didn't have one as well.

-Hidden grottoes: nah, they were fun for a while but they got annoying after a while
    The only problem I have with Hidden Grottoes is that the payout is too low. You have a mere 20% chance of even getting a Pokemon, usually it just gives you useless items or mulch that you can sell. And even if you do get a Pokemon it's usually something useless, or a DW male.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    they could do it like in battle revolution where the bar appears when the damage is being calculated, and if you want to check it when you are selecting your move, they could have it on the lower screen.
    Quite possibly. I can see that happening, I mean wynaut?
    It worked just fine in Battle Revo. as you've stated.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

You know, the Underground had Secret Bases, too. They just weren't quite the same as in RSE.

The Great Marsh IS a Safari Zone, it's just not called that. And 5th gen isn't the first to exclude it, recall the original GSC didn't have one as well.

The only problem I have with Hidden Grottoes is that the payout is too low. You have a mere 20% chance of even getting a Pokemon, usually it just gives you useless items or mulch that you can sell. And even if you do get a Pokemon it's usually something useless, or a DW male.
    #1: That's why I said that if they brought back the underground I wouldn't mind if they didn't bother to bring back Secret Power bases, because it includes secret bases.
    #2: That's what I said. I said the only problem I had with gen 5 is it didn't have a Safari Zone or something like that, and then I said "the Great Marsh, for example." I said that because I'm counting the Great Marsh as an example of a Safari Zone.
    #3: My point exactly. It's so hard to actually get a good hidden ability Pokemon, let alone a good hidden ability female. For example, let's calculate the odds of finding a female Bouffalant in the one hidden grotto it appears in:
    *Every 256 steps, there's a 5% chance of any given empty hidden grotto being refilled
    *If something appears, there's a 20% chance of it being a Pokemon.
    *If it is a Pokemon, there's a 1% chance that it will be a Bouffalant.
    *If it is a Bouffalant, there's a 30% chance of it being female.
    (.05)(.2)(.01)(.3)=.00003

#3: My point exactly. It's so hard to actually get a good hidden ability Pokemon, let alone a good hidden ability female. For example, let's calculate the odds of finding a female Bouffalant in the one hidden grotto it appears in:
    *Every 256 steps, there's a 5% chance of any given empty hidden grotto being refilled
    *If something appears, there's a 20% chance of it being a Pokemon.
    *If it is a Pokemon, there's a 1% chance that it will be a Bouffalant.
    *If it is a Bouffalant, there's a 30% chance of it being female.
    (.05)(.2)(.01)(.3)=.00003
    This is actually incorrect. The 1% is the total chance it will be a Bouffalant, not the chance if it's a pokemon. Still, your point stands that it's very rare to find females.

Insane information leak!!!

>Introduction of double types, Fennekin's evolutions are Fire/Fire, and the pattern follows for all the other starters.
    >Fourth stage evolutions are introduced, but no Pokemon get them.
    >A new type, Lightning, is introduced. All Electric Pokemon lose their Electric typing and become Lightning types. It only has one weakness, to Ground.
    >There will be 10 gyms in this region, unfortunately, they are all Planet Fitness.
    >The music is going to be very retro-inspired, featuring mostly late 80's hip-hop and early nineties college-rock.
    >Competitive battling has been removed.
    >The game now features a modulating difficulty, where enemy Pokemon levels increase as you progress in the game.
    >The new gimmick is that the game will track your vital signs while you're playing, in 3-D. Your Pokemon now respond to your thoughts if you use the included electrode peripheral. (It's actually colored like the Pokemon Electrode, it's pretty cute.)

Disclaimer: Sorry if I annoyed anyone, thought this was funny. I think we're all very eager to know more lol xD

Also, it came from 4Chan. >.>
    <.<

>.>
    Last edited by pichu-is-super-cute; 7th February 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Page 68 of 526 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast