Page 69 of 526 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #1701
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    I wouldn't have believed that anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >Introduction of double types, Fennekin's evolutions are Fire/Fire, and the pattern follows for all the other starters.
    Hooray for redundancy!

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >Fourth stage evolutions are introduced, but no Pokemon get them.
    How does that even make sense?

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >A new type, Lightning, is introduced. All Electric Pokemon lose their Electric typing and become Lightning types. It only has one weakness, to Ground.
    Sounds more like you're renaming Electric.

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >There will be 10 gyms in this region, unfortunately, they are all Planet Fitness.
    I LOLd at this.

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >The music is going to be very retro-inspired, featuring mostly late 80's hip-hop and early nineties college-rock.
    I don't even want to imagine what that would be like.

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >The game now features a modulating difficulty, where enemy Pokemon levels increase as you progress in the game.
    In other words, the same thing Pokemon has done since the beginning.

    Oh come on, if you're going to make a joke news leak, at least put some more effort into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  2. #1702
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I wouldn't have believed that anyway.



    Hooray for redundancy!



    How does that even make sense?



    Sounds more like you're renaming Electric.



    I LOLd at this.



    I don't even want to imagine what that would be like.



    In other words, the same thing Pokemon has done since the beginning.

    Oh come on, if you're going to make a joke news leak, at least put some more effort into it.
    My bad, I forgot to mention that it came from 4Chan.

  3. #1703
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    My bad, I forgot to mention that it came from 4Chan.
    Wait, so it's not a joke?

    Either way, don't believe any rumor that comes out around now (especially ones that come from places like 4Chan, that's not really a credible source for Pokemon news), if it was true, they'd post it on the main site by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #1704
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Wait, so it's not a joke?

    Either way, don't believe any rumor that comes out around now (especially ones that come from places like 4Chan, that's not really a credible source for Pokemon news), if it was true, they'd post it on the main site by now.
    Im all for rumors as long as the keep the conversation boring, theres been no info at all since the announcement

    AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!


    Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

  5. #1705
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Anyway, here's some things I'm hoping for in XY:

    -Pokedex now displays movesets, abilities, evolutions, etc. like in Pokedex 3D
    -several different vehicles (Bike, Roller Skates, maybe the Skateboard we never got in GSCHGSS) which have different overworld abilities, bike can climb cliffs like Acro Bike, Roller Skates could zip across slopes and cracked floors like Mach Bike, Skateboard could gain more distance off ramps, maybe grind on rails (similar to balancing beams in 5th gen)
    -Some sort of new gadget like Pokegear, Pokenav, and Poketch. I was thinking Poketablet. It would have these apps:

    -Clock
    -Calendar
    -Map
    -C Gear
    -Dowsing Machine
    -Day Care Checker
    -Berry Checker
    -Pedometer
    -Vs. Recorder
    -Happiness Checker
    -Type Chart
    -Video streaming (functions like TV, you can get game tips and stuff, there'd be a weather channel to tell you the weather in certain areas, as well as news that informs you of plot specific events, and other random happenings (like swarms, department store clearance sales, etc.))
    -Xtransceiver (although this time, you'd get to register important characters' numbers like gym leaders for important stuff. But no random trainers to tell you pointless things like "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas")

    -Side missions that you could do throughout the game that could give you rewards such as money and items (could also have multiplayer and download missions)
    -DLC (released long after release, like at least not until this time next year) that includes a set of new areas roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone (so about 3-5 new routes plus a few cities and dungeons) including some past gen Pokemon not catchable elsewhere in the game, a few legendaries, and maybe even a mini storyline.
    -Vs. Seeker
    -3rd gen style contests
    -3rd gen style Secret Bases (and this may not happen but it'd be nice if it were more like designing your own area instead of decorating a room, so you could control the size and shape of the room, put in gimmicks and stuff for puzzles, etc.)
    -planting berries
    -Seals
    -Pokemon following you (with a toggle feature for those who don't want it)
    -FRLG style help menu (so the dialogue isn't cluttered with newbie advice)
    -HGSS style Safari Zone (with less ridiculous wait periods for rarer Pokemon, no more than 30 days)
    -Game Corner (with more free to play minigames like Voltorb Flip)
    -Hidden Grottoes (keep this feature, but make it easier to get DW females)
    -Move Tutors
    -Trick Master (with the ability to replay puzzles when you're done, possibly with a time challenge)
    -Return of Pokestar Studios, which now utilizes props to improve box office sales (for instance in Riolu Man, you would get better box office sales by dressing up Riolu to look more heroic)
    -HMs:

    1. Cut (this needs something more but I can't think of a way to make it more useful)
    2. Fly (now with the ability to explore the skies like with Dive, and find wild Pokemon in cloud patches)
    3. Surf
    4. Strength
    5. Dig (would be given an extra overworld effect where you can dig through lose dirt to create new paths)
    6. Dive (with fully explorable underwater environments)
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  6. #1706
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyway, here's some things I'm hoping for in XY:

    -Pokedex now displays movesets, abilities, evolutions, etc. like in Pokedex 3D
    -several different vehicles (Bike, Roller Skates, maybe the Skateboard we never got in GSCHGSS) which have different overworld abilities, bike can climb cliffs like Acro Bike, Roller Skates could zip across slopes and cracked floors like Mach Bike, Skateboard could gain more distance off ramps, maybe grind on rails (similar to balancing beams in 5th gen)
    -Some sort of new gadget like Pokegear, Pokenav, and Poketch. I was thinking Poketablet. It would have these apps:

    -Clock
    -Calendar
    -Map
    -C Gear
    -Dowsing Machine
    -Day Care Checker
    -Berry Checker
    -Pedometer
    -Vs. Recorder
    -Happiness Checker
    -Type Chart
    -Video streaming (functions like TV, you can get game tips and stuff, there'd be a weather channel to tell you the weather in certain areas, as well as news that informs you of plot specific events, and other random happenings (like swarms, department store clearance sales, etc.))
    -Xtransceiver (although this time, you'd get to register important characters' numbers like gym leaders for important stuff. But no random trainers to tell you pointless things like "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas")

    -Side missions that you could do throughout the game that could give you rewards such as money and items (could also have multiplayer and download missions)
    -DLC (released long after release, like at least not until this time next year) that includes a set of new areas roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone (so about 3-5 new routes plus a few cities and dungeons) including some past gen Pokemon not catchable elsewhere in the game, a few legendaries, and maybe even a mini storyline.
    -Vs. Seeker
    -3rd gen style contests
    -3rd gen style Secret Bases (and this may not happen but it'd be nice if it were more like designing your own area instead of decorating a room, so you could control the size and shape of the room, put in gimmicks and stuff for puzzles, etc.)
    -planting berries
    -Seals
    -Pokemon following you (with a toggle feature for those who don't want it)
    -FRLG style help menu (so the dialogue isn't cluttered with newbie advice)
    -HGSS style Safari Zone (with less ridiculous wait periods for rarer Pokemon, no more than 30 days)
    -Game Corner (with more free to play minigames like Voltorb Flip)
    -Hidden Grottoes (keep this feature, but make it easier to get DW females)
    -Move Tutors
    -Trick Master (with the ability to replay puzzles when you're done, possibly with a time challenge)
    -Return of Pokestar Studios, which now utilizes props to improve box office sales (for instance in Riolu Man, you would get better box office sales by dressing up Riolu to look more heroic)
    -HMs:

    1. Cut (this needs something more but I can't think of a way to make it more useful)
    2. Fly (now with the ability to explore the skies like with Dive, and find wild Pokemon in cloud patches)
    3. Surf
    4. Strength
    5. Dig (would be given an extra overworld effect where you can dig through lose dirt to create new paths)
    6. Dive (with fully explorable underwater environments)
    Make it happen Game Freak.

  7. #1707
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyway, here's some things I'm hoping for in XY:

    -Pokedex now displays movesets, abilities, evolutions, etc. like in Pokedex 3D
    -several different vehicles (Bike, Roller Skates, maybe the Skateboard we never got in GSCHGSS) which have different overworld abilities, bike can climb cliffs like Acro Bike, Roller Skates could zip across slopes and cracked floors like Mach Bike, Skateboard could gain more distance off ramps, maybe grind on rails (similar to balancing beams in 5th gen)
    -Some sort of new gadget like Pokegear, Pokenav, and Poketch. I was thinking Poketablet. It would have these apps:

    -Clock
    -Calendar
    -Map
    -C Gear
    -Dowsing Machine
    -Day Care Checker
    -Berry Checker
    -Pedometer
    -Vs. Recorder
    -Happiness Checker
    -Type Chart
    -Video streaming (functions like TV, you can get game tips and stuff, there'd be a weather channel to tell you the weather in certain areas, as well as news that informs you of plot specific events, and other random happenings (like swarms, department store clearance sales, etc.))
    -Xtransceiver (although this time, you'd get to register important characters' numbers like gym leaders for important stuff. But no random trainers to tell you pointless things like "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas")

    -Side missions that you could do throughout the game that could give you rewards such as money and items (could also have multiplayer and download missions)
    -DLC (released long after release, like at least not until this time next year) that includes a set of new areas roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone (so about 3-5 new routes plus a few cities and dungeons) including some past gen Pokemon not catchable elsewhere in the game, a few legendaries, and maybe even a mini storyline.
    -Vs. Seeker
    -3rd gen style contests
    -3rd gen style Secret Bases (and this may not happen but it'd be nice if it were more like designing your own area instead of decorating a room, so you could control the size and shape of the room, put in gimmicks and stuff for puzzles, etc.)
    -planting berries
    -Seals
    -Pokemon following you (with a toggle feature for those who don't want it)
    -FRLG style help menu (so the dialogue isn't cluttered with newbie advice)
    -HGSS style Safari Zone (with less ridiculous wait periods for rarer Pokemon, no more than 30 days)
    -Game Corner (with more free to play minigames like Voltorb Flip)
    -Hidden Grottoes (keep this feature, but make it easier to get DW females)
    -Move Tutors
    -Trick Master (with the ability to replay puzzles when you're done, possibly with a time challenge)
    -Return of Pokestar Studios, which now utilizes props to improve box office sales (for instance in Riolu Man, you would get better box office sales by dressing up Riolu to look more heroic)
    -HMs:

    1. Cut (this needs something more but I can't think of a way to make it more useful)
    2. Fly (now with the ability to explore the skies like with Dive, and find wild Pokemon in cloud patches)
    3. Surf
    4. Strength
    5. Dig (would be given an extra overworld effect where you can dig through lose dirt to create new paths)
    6. Dive (with fully explorable underwater environments)
    You know I've seen you post a lot on these forums, and out of all people you make the most sense when it comes to practical and wanted changes.
    I give a thumbs up to everything listed above.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  8. #1708
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Man, I feel that Pokemon X and Y will be 8 gigabytes, so it will cost about $47.99. If that happens, I am glad that I preordered it for $39.99

  9. #1709
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
        Spoiler:- saving space:
    Hm...Usually, when there is a large list like this, there is something I actively disagree with.

    There are a few things I don't see happening...but I don't think these are bad ideas at all. I especially want seals to return.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

  10. #1710
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I think it would be epic if this game makes use of the 3DS's Streetpass feature, so that you could download the trainers, and their teams! It would be amazing! Also If you could like download the ghost's of any Player you wish like ash, or Cilan from the anime (Or maybe Gary Motherf***ing oak...Or like the pokemon professors (yeah, we can finally battle Professor Oak!!!), and they should make it so that you can battle your own team. This would be amazing and add TONS of replayabilty to the games
    I believe in Fairys Do you?

  11. #1711
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    if Seals makes a return, then please no more that stupid "can't be put into box" restriction.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  12. #1712
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Man, I feel that Pokemon X and Y will be 8 gigabytes, so it will cost about $47.99. If that happens, I am glad that I preordered it for $39.99
    It's not going to cost that much. It's going to cost the same as every other main 3DS game(Unless it comes with something extra like HGSS did)

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  13. #1713
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Ahh yes, Seals. How I enjoyed them very much during Generation 4. That would be a good addition to be able to put our Pokemon in the PC if they had a Seal on. I was sometimes too lazy to set them back up when I withdrew them again. xD

  14. #1714
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    If they brought back the slot/gambling games, they could totally implement minigames that require you to use Play coins.

  15. #1715
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    If they brought back the slot/gambling games, they could totally implement minigames that require you to use Play coins.
    That'd be a pretty neat idea, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #1716
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    I found the seals stupid, I never felt anything off of little sparks coming out of my Pokemon.

    As for the Poketablet, it could work with the 3DS touch screen almost like the Wii U game pad, only difference is the use of the stylus.


  17. #1717
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I think the PokePad would be a much better name.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

  18. #1718
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    While replaying White 2 today, I was going through Pinwheel Forest with Cheren and I wondered why he didn't team up with me during the single battles. It got me thinking, in past games during double battle two people would team up again just the MC. Why can't it be the other way around once or twice? Have someone partner up with us to take on one character for a double battle. It'll be intresting in a small kind of way.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  19. #1719
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Talking to my brother about some things in previous games, gave me this idea that I now would absolutely LOVE to see happen in X and Y. If maybe, with a night-and-system like in Black and White, but with much more of a difference in the amount of light during late night especially. I think that they should make it so that it actually becomes almost pitch-black outside, with only a faint difference to make lines so you can see where you are going. It would make it more realistic, and pretty fun if you wanted to like try and see how long it takes you to let's say, get from on side of the city to the other, based off memory, but with very faint lines to guide you, or at least just so you know that you're actually moving. Yes, that would make it very hard to see, so why not make a Torch system thing? It would be like how Flash works in dark caves, except you wouldn't need to constantly have a Pokémon that can learn that move with you all the time. That way, you could see clearly, possibly just a line of vision in front of you, so you can see where you are going.


    ~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

  20. #1720
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    783

    Default

    @Bolt The Cat: Great ideas.
    Especially since I think with the graphics overhaul there are a whole lot of possibilities. Especially with Dig and Dive and Fly and... Oh! Just make HMs better, Game Freak.

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  21. #1721
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,484

    Default

    Why not make it like 5th gen where you only needed Cut once for main game? You know so Victory road isn't just Surf, Strength?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  22. #1722
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    ...why not make a Torch system thing?
    We have a much modern mechanism called a "flashlight". And there's lampposts.
    But since the flashlight is practically non-existent in the Pokemon games, we have to keep relying on Flash.

    .: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  23. #1723
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

    Seriously?
    .
    How can you posssibly not see that he is trolling, ffs...

  24. #1724
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    480

    Default

    I think it would be nice if the sprite used when you fly and surf changes according to what pokemon uses the move.

    Like, if you used a Wailord to surf, you would get a huge sprite that would occupy about 12 tiles (3x4) and have wailord's colour scheme.
    Just imagine, sitting on a large whale and looking down on those puny swimmers!

  25. #1725
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I think it would be nice if the sprite used when you fly and surf changes according to what pokemon uses the move.

    Like, if you used a Wailord to surf, you would get a huge sprite that would occupy about 12 tiles (3x4) and have wailord's colour scheme.
    Just imagine, sitting on a large whale and looking down on those puny swimmers!
    I loved how they spruced up the Fly animation in Gen V, but yes, specific sprites would be cool, and shouldn't even be too hard for gamefreak if they have pokemon following you again.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Page 69 of 526 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •