Page 69 of 526 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I wouldn't have believed that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    >Introduction of double types, Fennekin's evolutions are Fire/Fire, and the pattern follows for all the other starters.
    Hooray for redundancy!

>Fourth stage evolutions are introduced, but no Pokemon get them.
    How does that even make sense?

>A new type, Lightning, is introduced. All Electric Pokemon lose their Electric typing and become Lightning types. It only has one weakness, to Ground.
    Sounds more like you're renaming Electric.

>There will be 10 gyms in this region, unfortunately, they are all Planet Fitness.
    I LOLd at this.

>The music is going to be very retro-inspired, featuring mostly late 80's hip-hop and early nineties college-rock.
    I don't even want to imagine what that would be like.

>The game now features a modulating difficulty, where enemy Pokemon levels increase as you progress in the game.
    In other words, the same thing Pokemon has done since the beginning.

Oh come on, if you're going to make a joke news leak, at least put some more effort into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I wouldn't have believed that anyway.

Hooray for redundancy!

How does that even make sense?

Sounds more like you're renaming Electric.

I LOLd at this.

I don't even want to imagine what that would be like.

In other words, the same thing Pokemon has done since the beginning.

Oh come on, if you're going to make a joke news leak, at least put some more effort into it.
    My bad, I forgot to mention that it came from 4Chan.

My bad, I forgot to mention that it came from 4Chan.
    Wait, so it's not a joke?

Either way, don't believe any rumor that comes out around now (especially ones that come from places like 4Chan, that's not really a credible source for Pokemon news), if it was true, they'd post it on the main site by now.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Wait, so it's not a joke?

Either way, don't believe any rumor that comes out around now (especially ones that come from places like 4Chan, that's not really a credible source for Pokemon news), if it was true, they'd post it on the main site by now.
    Im all for rumors as long as the keep the conversation boring, theres been no info at all since the announcement

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Anyway, here's some things I'm hoping for in XY:

-Pokedex now displays movesets, abilities, evolutions, etc. like in Pokedex 3D
    -several different vehicles (Bike, Roller Skates, maybe the Skateboard we never got in GSCHGSS) which have different overworld abilities, bike can climb cliffs like Acro Bike, Roller Skates could zip across slopes and cracked floors like Mach Bike, Skateboard could gain more distance off ramps, maybe grind on rails (similar to balancing beams in 5th gen)
    -Some sort of new gadget like Pokegear, Pokenav, and Poketch. I was thinking Poketablet. It would have these apps:

-Clock
    -Calendar
    -Map
    -C Gear
    -Dowsing Machine
    -Day Care Checker
    -Berry Checker
    -Pedometer
    -Vs. Recorder
    -Happiness Checker
    -Type Chart
    -Video streaming (functions like TV, you can get game tips and stuff, there'd be a weather channel to tell you the weather in certain areas, as well as news that informs you of plot specific events, and other random happenings (like swarms, department store clearance sales, etc.))
    -Xtransceiver (although this time, you'd get to register important characters' numbers like gym leaders for important stuff. But no random trainers to tell you pointless things like "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas")

-Side missions that you could do throughout the game that could give you rewards such as money and items (could also have multiplayer and download missions)
    -DLC (released long after release, like at least not until this time next year) that includes a set of new areas roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone (so about 3-5 new routes plus a few cities and dungeons) including some past gen Pokemon not catchable elsewhere in the game, a few legendaries, and maybe even a mini storyline.
    -Vs. Seeker
    -3rd gen style contests
    -3rd gen style Secret Bases (and this may not happen but it'd be nice if it were more like designing your own area instead of decorating a room, so you could control the size and shape of the room, put in gimmicks and stuff for puzzles, etc.)
    -planting berries
    -Seals
    -Pokemon following you (with a toggle feature for those who don't want it)
    -FRLG style help menu (so the dialogue isn't cluttered with newbie advice)
    -HGSS style Safari Zone (with less ridiculous wait periods for rarer Pokemon, no more than 30 days)
    -Game Corner (with more free to play minigames like Voltorb Flip)
    -Hidden Grottoes (keep this feature, but make it easier to get DW females)
    -Move Tutors
    -Trick Master (with the ability to replay puzzles when you're done, possibly with a time challenge)
    -Return of Pokestar Studios, which now utilizes props to improve box office sales (for instance in Riolu Man, you would get better box office sales by dressing up Riolu to look more heroic)
    -HMs:

1. Cut (this needs something more but I can't think of a way to make it more useful)
    2. Fly (now with the ability to explore the skies like with Dive, and find wild Pokemon in cloud patches)
    3. Surf
    4. Strength
    5. Dig (would be given an extra overworld effect where you can dig through lose dirt to create new paths)
    6. Dive (with fully explorable underwater environments)

-several different vehicles (Bike, Roller Skates, maybe the Skateboard we never got in GSCHGSS) which have different overworld abilities, bike can climb cliffs like Acro Bike, Roller Skates could zip across slopes and cracked floors like Mach Bike, Skateboard could gain more distance off ramps, maybe grind on rails (similar to balancing beams in 5th gen)
    -Some sort of new gadget like Pokegear, Pokenav, and Poketch. I was thinking Poketablet. It would have these apps:

-Clock
    -Calendar
    -Map
    -C Gear
    -Dowsing Machine
    -Day Care Checker
    -Berry Checker
    -Pedometer
    -Vs. Recorder
    -Happiness Checker
    -Type Chart
    -Video streaming (functions like TV, you can get game tips and stuff, there'd be a weather channel to tell you the weather in certain areas, as well as news that informs you of plot specific events, and other random happenings (like swarms, department store clearance sales, etc.))
    -Xtransceiver (although this time, you'd get to register important characters' numbers like gym leaders for important stuff. But no random trainers to tell you pointless things like "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas")

-Side missions that you could do throughout the game that could give you rewards such as money and items (could also have multiplayer and download missions)
    -DLC (released long after release, like at least not until this time next year) that includes a set of new areas roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone (so about 3-5 new routes plus a few cities and dungeons) including some past gen Pokemon not catchable elsewhere in the game, a few legendaries, and maybe even a mini storyline.
    -Vs. Seeker
    -3rd gen style contests
    -3rd gen style Secret Bases (and this may not happen but it'd be nice if it were more like designing your own area instead of decorating a room, so you could control the size and shape of the room, put in gimmicks and stuff for puzzles, etc.)
    -planting berries
    -Seals
    -HGSS style Safari Zone (with less ridiculous wait periods for rarer Pokemon, no more than 30 days)
    -Move Tutors
    -Trick Master (with the ability to replay puzzles when you're done, possibly with a time challenge)
    -Return of Pokestar Studios, which now utilizes props to improve box office sales (for instance in Riolu Man, you would get better box office sales by dressing up Riolu to look more heroic)
    -HMs:

1. Cut (this needs something more but I can't think of a way to make it more useful)
    2. Fly (now with the ability to explore the skies like with Dive, and find wild Pokemon in cloud patches)
    3. Surf
    4. Strength
    5. Dig (would be given an extra overworld effect where you can dig through lose dirt to create new paths)
    Make it happen Game Freak.

-Clock
    -Calendar
    -Map
    -C Gear
    -Dowsing Machine
    -Day Care Checker
    -Berry Checker
    -Pedometer
    -Vs. Recorder
    -Happiness Checker
    -Type Chart

-Vs. Seeker
    -3rd gen style contests
    -planting berries
    -Seals
    -Move Tutors
    -HMs:

3. Surf
    4. Strength
    You know I've seen you post a lot on these forums, and out of all people you make the most sense when it comes to practical and wanted changes.
    I give a thumbs up to everything listed above.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Man, I feel that Pokemon X and Y will be 8 gigabytes, so it will cost about $47.99. If that happens, I am glad that I preordered it for $39.99

Spoiler:- saving space:
    Hm...Usually, when there is a large list like this, there is something I actively disagree with.

There are a few things I don't see happening...but I don't think these are bad ideas at all. I especially want seals to return.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

I think it would be epic if this game makes use of the 3DS's Streetpass feature, so that you could download the trainers, and their teams! It would be amazing! Also If you could like download the ghost's of any Player you wish like ash, or Cilan from the anime (Or maybe Gary Motherf***ing oak...Or like the pokemon professors (yeah, we can finally battle Professor Oak!!!), and they should make it so that you can battle your own team. This would be amazing and add TONS of replayabilty to the games
    I believe in Fairys Do you?

if Seals makes a return, then please no more that stupid "can't be put into box" restriction.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Man, I feel that Pokemon X and Y will be 8 gigabytes, so it will cost about $47.99. If that happens, I am glad that I preordered it for $39.99
    It's not going to cost that much. It's going to cost the same as every other main 3DS game(Unless it comes with something extra like HGSS did)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Ahh yes, Seals. How I enjoyed them very much during Generation 4. That would be a good addition to be able to put our Pokemon in the PC if they had a Seal on. I was sometimes too lazy to set them back up when I withdrew them again. xD

If they brought back the slot/gambling games, they could totally implement minigames that require you to use Play coins.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    If they brought back the slot/gambling games, they could totally implement minigames that require you to use Play coins.
    That'd be a pretty neat idea, actually.

I found the seals stupid, I never felt anything off of little sparks coming out of my Pokemon.

As for the Poketablet, it could work with the 3DS touch screen almost like the Wii U game pad, only difference is the use of the stylus.

I think the PokePad would be a much better name.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

While replaying White 2 today, I was going through Pinwheel Forest with Cheren and I wondered why he didn't team up with me during the single battles. It got me thinking, in past games during double battle two people would team up again just the MC. Why can't it be the other way around once or twice? Have someone partner up with us to take on one character for a double battle. It'll be intresting in a small kind of way.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Talking to my brother about some things in previous games, gave me this idea that I now would absolutely LOVE to see happen in X and Y. If maybe, with a night-and-system like in Black and White, but with much more of a difference in the amount of light during late night especially. I think that they should make it so that it actually becomes almost pitch-black outside, with only a faint difference to make lines so you can see where you are going. It would make it more realistic, and pretty fun if you wanted to like try and see how long it takes you to let's say, get from on side of the city to the other, based off memory, but with very faint lines to guide you, or at least just so you know that you're actually moving. Yes, that would make it very hard to see, so why not make a Torch system thing? It would be like how Flash works in dark caves, except you wouldn't need to constantly have a Pokémon that can learn that move with you all the time. That way, you could see clearly, possibly just a line of vision in front of you, so you can see where you are going.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

@Bolt The Cat: Great ideas.
    Especially since I think with the graphics overhaul there are a whole lot of possibilities. Especially with Dig and Dive and Fly and... Oh! Just make HMs better, Game Freak.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Why not make it like 5th gen where you only needed Cut once for main game? You know so Victory road isn't just Surf, Strength?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    ...why not make a Torch system thing?
    We have a much modern mechanism called a "flashlight". And there's lampposts.
    But since the flashlight is practically non-existent in the Pokemon games, we have to keep relying on Flash.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Seriously?
    How can you posssibly not see that he is trolling, ffs...

I think it would be nice if the sprite used when you fly and surf changes according to what pokemon uses the move.

Like, if you used a Wailord to surf, you would get a huge sprite that would occupy about 12 tiles (3x4) and have wailord's colour scheme.
    Just imagine, sitting on a large whale and looking down on those puny swimmers!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I think it would be nice if the sprite used when you fly and surf changes according to what pokemon uses the move.

Like, if you used a Wailord to surf, you would get a huge sprite that would occupy about 12 tiles (3x4) and have wailord's colour scheme.
    Just imagine, sitting on a large whale and looking down on those puny swimmers!
    I loved how they spruced up the Fly animation in Gen V, but yes, specific sprites would be cool, and shouldn't even be too hard for gamefreak if they have pokemon following you again.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Page 69 of 526 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast