Page 86 of 526 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I somewhat agree with this, although a lot of people won't like it.

I think they could implement a little mini game type thing in order for you to get your second chance at capturing the Pokemon. This would come in handy if you accidentally faint low leveled shiny Pokemon like what has occurred to me multiple times.
    I think they did introduce something like this in black and white, whenever you threw a Pokeball you had a chance to instantly catch, I'll admit whilst this was kinda good I didn't once have that happen to me, hence either the percentage is very low I.e 0.1% or you just had tobe extremely lucky for this to happen.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I somewhat agree with this, although a lot of people won't like it.

I think they could implement a little mini game type thing in order for you to get your second chance at capturing the Pokemon. This would come in handy if you accidentally faint low leveled shiny Pokemon like what has occurred to me multiple times.
    while this sounds like a good idea i am sad to say i doubt it will happen
    but it would be very useful for roaming legendaries i agree

i was thinking you know the trailer says the better your bond the stronger you become maybe evolution is through happiness instead of levels but keeping all pokemon that require stones and trade items the same so your pokemon doesnt evolve by reaching a certain level but by friendship what are your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by epigmann View Post
    i was thinking you know the trailer says the better your bond the stronger you become maybe evolution is through happiness instead of levels but keeping all pokemon that require stones and trade items the same so your pokemon doesnt evolve by reaching a certain level but by friendship what are your thoughts
    maybe they are trying to make it like the anime where it evolves buy trusting the trainer or fulfilling him/hers desire but i kinda dont like that

Well happiness evolution already exists...

thats what i thougt when they first said but could have benefits like rufflet evolves lvl 60 so braviary could appear earlier as an example

Obviously we already have friendship evolution but if I have understood this correctly basically it seems like your suggesting that the developers change the way all pokemon evolve for this method to work it would mean that they would have to scrap levels all together. I just don't see how this could work without the level system and then it would make most pokemon be like those that do require the friendship to evolve, I'm trying to map an image of how I could possibly work.
    Last edited by Sunglasses Krookodile; 14th February 2013 at 2:13 AM.
    KROOKODILE!!!

thats what i thougt when they first said but could have benefits like rufflet evolves lvl 60 so braviary could appear earlier as an example
    Lvl. 54 actually, but I digress. I don't think they would do that. What would the criteria be for evolving because of trust? Trust could be somewhat synonymous to Friendship.

keep the levels but dont set them to a pacific one

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well happiness evolution already exists...
    And that's exactly why Ninfia won't evolve that way.

Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon all evolved by methods that were completely new at the time. (day/night/happiness, location). And, seeing as Eevee is the pokemon who represents evolution anyway, this will probably happen with Ninfia instead.

It's most likely going to be a completely new mechanic.

Sorry, I was thinking this was about Ninfia for some reason...It's all I'm thinking about...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

keep the levels but dont set them to a pacific one
    i think you mean specific
    i do not think they would do that it would over complicate things
    and i have friends that treat their pokemon horribly so they would never evolve lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon all evolved by methods that were completely new at the time. (day/night/happiness, location). And, seeing as Eevee is the pokemon who represents evolution anyway, this will probably happen with Ninfia instead.

Umm, did I say anything about Ninfia? No, I didn't. I already know that it will be a new mechanic of evolution and fight with it about many people. I was talking about how epigmann proposed to make all evolutions happiness based...not about Ninfia.

lol it was just a thought but as someone said above ninfia possible new evo method

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    definitely is broken...
    once you get over their level it becomes too hard to train
    and pokemon only get to a certain level in the wild
    Once you are over their level you don't need to train because you're overleveled and you will be if you keep on fighting trainers and gym leaders and if you do fall behind you can easily catch up because you'll get more experience.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Umm, did I say anything about Ninfia? No, I didn't. I already know that it will be a new mechanic of evolution and fight with it about many people. I was talking about how epigmann proposed to make all evolutions happiness based...not about Ninfia.
    Sorry, sorry, I already fixed my post.

Before you posted this one, even.

Last time I was in the gen 6 section, the only thing people were talking about was Ninfia, so my brain did some weird things.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Sorry, I was thinking this was about Ninfia for some reason...It's all I'm thinking about...
    aren't we all lol
    but more on topic who here thinks capricorns need to make a comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Once you are over their level you don't need to train because you're overleveled and you will be if you keep on fighting trainers and gym leaders and if you do fall behind you can easily catch up because you'll get more experience.
    but the wild pokemon in that are are still much lower level than the gym leader
    just admit it bro it's broken

aren't we all lol
    but more on topic who here thinks capricorns need to make a comeback?

but the wild pokemon in that are are still much lower level than the gym leader
    just admit it bro it's broken
    Well, I didn't know there were any Capricorns in the game to begin with, lol.

But as for Apricorns, I'd be fine with it as long as Kurt's Brother/Son/Relative appeared in this gen to use them.

Why do you need to grind if you're overleveled?

Well, I didn't know there were any Capricorns in the game to begin with, lol.

But as for Apricorns, I'd be fine with it as long as Kurt's Brother/Son/Relative appeared in this gen to use them.
    wow i am screwing up a lot today *facepalm*
    well yeah i was thinking it would be a relative of kurts as well
    i would love if apricorns were reintroduced i loved the cool pokeballs you got :3

Why do you need to grind if you're overleveled?
    you aren't over leveled
    you are over leveled to the wild pokemon but you will still be way under level the gym leader

you aren't over leveled
    you are over leveled to the wild pokemon but you will still be way under level the gym leader

I've never had that problem, and I feel you're just complaining to complain about something that isn't broken, to create an unnecessary fight, which i will no longer take part of.

I've never had that problem, and I feel you're just complaining to complain about something that isn't broken, to create an unnecessary fight, which i will no longer take part of.
    i'm not fighting just to fight or complaining to complain
    the exp system in black and white 2 was complete garbage and it takes lots of grinding to get enough experience when training a full team
    So as when you beat a pokemon if your level is above the pokemon you beat it will be low but if on par or below it will be higher. For anyone who has dealt with this is the EXP gain difference relative as in a fixed percent difference or vary by the level difference. And from my experience, there are hardly any pokemon that are higher level than yours unless you are fighting the gym leader

I hope that this is the generation that they introduce status balls, i.e Sleep Ball, Paralyze Ball, etc. They all have a catch rate of 0, but they inflict their namesake status. Throw in some new actually poke balls and I'll be good.

I hope that this is the generation that they introduce status balls, i.e Sleep Ball, Paralyze Ball, etc. They all have a catch rate of 0, but they inflict their namesake status. Throw in some new actually poke balls and I'll be good.
    Well then that defeats the purpose of the actual MOVES that cause them.

While not as a ball it struck me. We need a move that freezes as its primary effect.

that is a cool idea
    it would make catching pokemon easier especially if you do not have pokemon with moves like that
    but i do not think it will be usable in trainer battles of course considering it is still technically a pokeball

Page 86 of 526 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast