Page 90 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2226
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    Combinations as in specific effects, or just powered up? Rainy Day and Thunder, Sunny Day and Solar Beam, Weather Ball and weather conditions/ weather inducing attacks, along with Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (I think, the entries on both of the moves say this: The user brings down a giant flame. This attack does greater damage when influenced by an enormous thunderbolt. *Fusion Flare* The user throws down a giant thunderbolt. This attack does greater damage when influenced by an enormous flame. *Fusion Bolt*)



    I like these ideas, especially Hankka's, and the different ways to use Strength. I do want some different Surf mechs, I feel like it's the same old same old, so a mix up in mechs this time around would be nice, like the one-way ledges that Bolt suggested. Cut would be better if it had more base power and effects, not to OP, but enough to have a Pokemon on my team that knows it and Rock Smash, especially if they're not HMs and they're used later in the game than they are now, even if they're gotten early, used early, and used continually from then. Fly needs something new, a new element. I'm not wanting to walk around in the clouds, but having they Pokemon that knows Fly's animation and seeing them flying at super high speeds and then seeing them land, along with BW's in-game Keldeo event at Moor of Iciruss with the Three Musketeers animation for going into Pokeballs, I think the game play could be a ton more exciting just with little things. Dive RSE mechs, fosho. Dig, I think, also needs an animation, but not underground digging, but the Four Musketeers event I said earlier.



    Whoa, Yveltal, what's up? Haven't talked in a while.
    Considering how they're *probably* gonna do RSEmakes this gen, you could get your wish.
    hey man
    and if they do make RSEmakes i will be happy no doubt
    i could see them bringing hidden bases back

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  2. #2227
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    I think for a new evolution method they can make it so when a Pokemon reaches a certain amount of required Ev's it will evolve. Like say one evolution might require 100 Attack ev's. Not to mention this will give those Ev training items more use.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  3. #2228
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I think for a new evolution method they can make it so when a Pokemon reaches a certain amount of required Ev's it will evolve. Like say one evolution might require 100 Attack ev's. Not to mention this will give those Ev training items more use.
    yes but they could have done this since gen II
    i like the idea kinda like the way the hitmons evolved but they could have done it already

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  4. #2229
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes but they could have done this since gen II
    i like the idea kinda like the way the hitmons evolved but they could have done it already
    I meant on new Pokemon not related to previous Pokemon. Though they can still do it on old pokemon as well. Don't forget the whole Ancient Power and Rollout thing with Lickylicky and Tangrowth


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  5. #2230
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I meant on new Pokemon not related to previous Pokemon. Though they can still do it on old pokemon as well. Don't forget the whole Ancient Power and Rollout thing with Lickylicky and Tangrowth
    i know but it was already used as an evolution mechanic
    and oh i see i didn't understand

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  6. #2231
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I think for a new evolution method they can make it so when a Pokemon reaches a certain amount of required Ev's it will evolve. Like say one evolution might require 100 Attack ev's. Not to mention this will give those Ev training items more use.
    I think using EVs is a bad idea though, since it's hidden unless you're aware of what you're doing and counting. Despite the fact that they've certainly moved more into the public light, I'm sure there are still a lot of younger players and new players alike that have no idea. So their Pokemon would evolving and they'd have no idea why.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #2232
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think using EVs is a bad idea though, since it's hidden unless you're aware of what you're doing and counting. Despite the fact that they've certainly moved more into the public light, I'm sure there are still a lot of younger players and new players alike that have no idea. So their Pokemon would evolving and they'd have no idea why.
    well they did do it with the hitmons

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  8. #2233
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think using EVs is a bad idea though, since it's hidden unless you're aware of what you're doing and counting. Despite the fact that they've certainly moved more into the public light, I'm sure there are still a lot of younger players and new players alike that have no idea. So their Pokemon would evolving and they'd have no idea why.
    Agreed and even some of the older players don't know how to properly EV train, so it may be difficult for some.

  9. #2234
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kalos! Exploring ze impossible
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I sure don't know how to IV/EV train, but that doesn't stop my Pokemon from being bosses. But I say no to the EV training, unless we're getting a fighting duo/trio, which isn't gonna happen. What would they be, Sockeon, Champeon and Kickeon? But on a different note, let's get this back on track with the moves and stuff, I liked that conversation. Here's the quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    Combinations as in specific effects, or just powered up? Rainy Day and Thunder, Sunny Day and Solar Beam, Weather Ball and weather conditions/ weather inducing attacks, along with Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (I think, the entries on both of the moves say this: The user brings down a giant flame. This attack does greater damage when influenced by an enormous thunderbolt. *Fusion Flare* The user throws down a giant thunderbolt. This attack does greater damage when influenced by an enormous flame. *Fusion Bolt*)



    I like these ideas, especially Hankka's, and the different ways to use Strength. I do want some different Surf mechs, I feel like it's the same old same old, so a mix up in mechs this time around would be nice, like the one-way ledges that Bolt suggested. Cut would be better if it had more base power and effects, not to OP, but enough to have a Pokemon on my team that knows it and Rock Smash, especially if they're not HMs and they're used later in the game than they are now, even if they're gotten early, used early, and used continually from then. Fly needs something new, a new element. I'm not wanting to walk around in the clouds, but having they Pokemon that knows Fly's animation and seeing them flying at super high speeds and then seeing them land, along with BW's in-game Keldeo event at Moor of Iciruss with the Three Musketeers animation for going into Pokeballs, I think the game play could be a ton more exciting just with little things. Dive RSE mechs, fosho. Dig, I think, also needs an animation, but not underground digging, but the Four Musketeers event I said earlier.



    Whoa, Yveltal, what's up? Haven't talked in a while.
    Considering how they're *probably* gonna do RSEmakes this gen, you could get your wish.

  10. #2235
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    I sure don't know how to IV/EV train, but that doesn't stop my Pokemon from being bosses. But I say no to the EV training, unless we're getting a fighting duo/trio, which isn't gonna happen. What would they be, Sockeon, Champeon and Kickeon? But on a different note, let's get this back on track with the moves and stuff, I liked that conversation. Here's the quote:
    you can't IV train it is done through breeding IVs are like genes
    and i also would like HMs to be used in different ways
    also something i want is that you do not have to go to a move deleter every time you want to remove an HM move
    i wish when i level up i wouldn't have to worry about deleting a move i need

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  11. #2236
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i know but it was already used as an evolution mechanic
    and oh i see i didn't understand
    They never used set Ev amount as an evolution method before. Tyouge's evolution's does not have to do with a set Ev amount.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think using EVs is a bad idea though, since it's hidden unless you're aware of what you're doing and counting. Despite the fact that they've certainly moved more into the public light, I'm sure there are still a lot of younger players and new players alike that have no idea. So their Pokemon would evolving and they'd have no idea why.
    True but they could always make a way for players to tell how much or at least get a general idea of a Pokemon's current Ev's like they do for happiness. Speaking of which happiness is also hidden and there really is no distinct way of knowing a Pokemon must evolve through happiness unless you look it up online.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 16th February 2013 at 5:56 PM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  12. #2237
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    They never used Ev's as an evolution method before. Tyouge's evolution's does not have to do with Ev's



    True but they could always make a way for players to tell how much or at least get a general idea of a Pokemon's current Ev's like they do for happiness. Speaking of which happiness is also hidden and there really is no distinct way of knowing a Pokemon must evolve through happiness unless you look it up online.
    well you have to EV train to get the correct stats to evolve into the correct hitmon you want
    does anyone else think that you should be able to delete HM moves without going to the move deleter

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  13. #2238
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well you have to EV train to get the correct stats to evolve into the correct hitmon you want
    Or they could just go off of their IV's and not have to Ev Train. Besides I was talking about a set Ev amount. All the Hitmons evolve based on the stat not how much Ev's are in them

    does anyone else think that you should be able to delete HM moves without going to the move deleter
    Then there will be even less of a difference between them and TM's. They already made TMs reusable like HMs previously only were.

    Actually there will be no difference at all. Because some Tm's can be used in the over world as well.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 16th February 2013 at 6:02 PM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  14. #2239
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well they did do it with the hitmons
    No they didn't. Tyroge evolves based on what its Attack and Defense stat are when it reaches level 20, two perfectly clear and available values. They can be influenced by EVs, but you don't need to know what your EVs are or know anything about them to know which Pokemon your Tyrogue will evolve into.

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    True but they could always make a way for players to tell how much or at least get a general idea of a Pokemon's current Ev's like they do for happiness. Speaking of which happiness is also hidden and there really is no distinct way of knowing a Pokemon must evolve through happiness unless you look it up online.
    Happiness is explained a lot through the game, and there have always been methods of telling what stage of Happiness you were at. Just no the specific numeric value. They certainly could start doing the same for EVs, but I personally like that EVs and IVs have remained as hidden values.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    does anyone else think that you should be able to delete HM moves without going to the move deleter
    If they did that then you could get stuck somewhere.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 16th February 2013 at 6:01 PM.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #2240
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Or they could just go off of their IV's and not have to Ev Train. Besides I was talking about a set Ev amount. All the Hitmons evolve based on the stat not how much Ev's are in them



    Then there will be even less of a difference between them and TM's. They already made TMs reusable like HMs previously only were.

    Actually there will be no difference at all. Because some Tm's can be used in the over world as well.
    i still think it would be fantastic
    it is annoying when i leveled up and i have to delete a move i need for another one and can't delete the HM
    and the worst part is heart scales are scarce

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  16. #2241
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    I wonder if this game will get some DLC's like the new Mystery Dungeon. A place where you can catch the other new starters would be nice.

  17. #2242
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I wonder if this game will get some DLC's like the new Mystery Dungeon. A place where you can catch the other new starters would be nice.
    We probably will be getting some DLC's. Though the only thing i could see them doing is maybe adding new clothing IF they do in fact add
    customization...

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  18. #2243
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    I'm sure we'll see something like special opponents for the Battle Tower or something along those lines.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #2244
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm sure we'll see something like special opponents for the Battle Tower or something along those lines.
    Yes, don't we already have something similar along the lines of that at the PWT in B/W2?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  20. #2245
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    899

    Default

    I think the Pokemon Center's nurse should stop saying "We hope to see you again."

    Does she want us to loose battles? WTF?????
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  21. #2246
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I wonder if this game will get some DLC's like the new Mystery Dungeon. A place where you can catch the other new starters would be nice.
    if they did allow a place to catch starters, it will probably be from previous gens
    i have a feeling if they did do DLC it won't be anything too big

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  22. #2247
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    A living hell called Earth
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I think the Pokemon Center's nurse should stop saying "We hope to see you again."

    Does she want us to loose battles? WTF?????
    Yes,if you think about it.
    A pokemon center is basically a hospital right? And therefor she wants you to come back to pay more hospital bills.
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

  23. #2248
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I think the Pokemon Center's nurse should stop saying "We hope to see you again."

    Does she want us to loose battles? WTF?????
    Maybe she wants us to take our Pokemon there, so they can be checked up. Our maybe she'll tell her Chansey/Blissey/Audino to toss them into a furnace.

  24. #2249
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    A living hell called Earth
    Posts
    81

    Default

    It'll be cool to see the Pokenav. from RSE. Oh great memories.
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

  25. #2250
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlenderMan0 View Post
    It'll be cool to see the Pokenav. from RSE. Oh great memories.
    the pokenav making a comeback would be awesome
    what i want really bad is the vs seeker

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Page 90 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •