Page 104 of 526 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I'd love the pokemon following you feature again, even if they are scaled down to fit. It just makes it more personal

As long as the pokedex models are more detailed than the ones in the pokedex 3D app, then I'll be happy.

And I would massively love each evolution line having a unique move or two!
    I would like more exclusive moves to each Evolutionary line.
    That would end the trend of pokemon outclassing each other.
    I.E. Wigglytuff can perform almost anything a Clefable can, but do to stats and ability, Clefable outclasses Wigglytuff
    But if Wigglytuff had a Signature move that was more ueful then that of Clefable's, then it would provide more incentives to use Wigglytuff.

Also a side note: I was pretty let down back in the day, when I realized that Jigglypuff wasn't the only pokemon capable of performing the move Sing. As a 7 yo who watched Pokemon back in the day, it wasn't clear to me why Jigglypuff was the only pokemon shown to be able to Sing, yet wasn't the only pokemon capable of learning the move.

Sing as Jigglypuff's signature (and evolutionary line exclusive ) move FTW!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, that's not just PR stuff, they actually said (through Twitter IIRC), that the bond you form with your Pokemon will play a role in the gameplay.
    Now, who said this? No-body from gamefreak
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Doesn't make sense???
    I don't understand where your sense is coming from, but its pretty clear through trailers and what not, that they
    Sizing pokemon to scale, meaning unless for whatever reason they decide to defy the scaling system just to see the return of pokemon following you, then I'm afraid were not going to be able to see this feature this time around.
    Then I guess we're not going to see overworld legendaries either, because they were about the same size when you encountered them as they are when they follow you around.

Then I guess we're not going to see overworld legendaries either, because they were about the same size when you encountered them as they are when they follow you around.
    I think we will see some overworld sprites, but like I said, the only way they can do this is if they decide to defy the scaling system and make them just small enough to "fit."
    But again, I don't see pokemon actually following this gen... maybe for the 3rd installment, once they figure out this scaling thing, along with how the pokemon themselves will move..
    I would be pretty ticked off if they didn't move true to there species.
    I.E. diglett should be poking out of the ground every-so many steps, and having Jigglypuff puff-gliding (like in SSBB) and landing every so often...just to make the game feel even MORE realistic.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

I think we will see some overworld sprites, but like I said, the only way they can do this is if they decide to defy the scaling system and make them just small enough to "fit."
    But again, I don't see pokemon actually following this gen... maybe for the 3rd installment, once they figure out this scaling thing, along with how the pokemon themselves will move..
    I would be pretty ticked off if they didn't move true to there species.
    I.E. diglett should be poking out of the ground every-so many steps, and having Jigglypuff puff-gliding (like in SSBB) and landing every so often...just to make the game feel even MORE realistic.
    They're not going to go that far, that'd be too much effort. I don't really see why they can't do it similarly to HGSS, the 3D graphics don't really make it that hard.

They're not going to go that far, that'd be too much effort. I don't really see why they can't do it similarly to HGSS, the 3D graphics don't really make it that hard.
    if they do it in HG/SS style, it would be kinda odd seeing the size discrepancies between various Pokemon.

It worked in HG/SS because they used small sprites for everything, but X/Y are different.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    They were playing on doing it with Gen. 3 but it never happen, but recently the dream world is putting another move slot:http://25.media.tumblr.com/300b9a6fc...bjwgo1_500.jpg

Can Gen. 6 introduce a five move slot?
    .....that's for hold item.

And that slot has been there for AGES

Two examples:

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    if they do it in HG/SS style, it would be kinda odd seeing the size discrepancies between various Pokemon.
    Not really, the legendaries were significantly bigger than the normal ones. I imagine it will be the same in XY style.

Not really, the legendaries were significantly bigger than the normal ones. I imagine it will be the same in XY style.
    I just checked, it wasn't "significantly bigger".

Yes, Giratina is much bigger than a Drapion/Typhlosion, but in the overworld sprite? Giratina is still bigger, but not by much, thus suggesting that Drapion/Typhlosion's size is around the size of Giratina's body. Lugia's overworld sprite suggest that its head is roughly the same size as a Poliwag, which is definitely wrong.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yes, Giratina is much bigger than a Drapion/Typhlosion, but in the overworld sprite? Giratina is still bigger, but not by much, thus suggesting that Drapion/Typhlosion's size is around the size of Giratina's body. Lugia's overworld sprite suggest that its head is roughly the same size as a Poliwag, which is definitely wrong.
    I believe I was trying to note the same thing.
    Unless Gamefreak was okay with said, "discrepensies" I don't see them introducing pokemon following us again,
    Let alone overworld sprites. I think the only overworld sprites we will see are one's that are easily passable.

There's something I came up with a few days ago that I think would be really interesting to see: moves that get more powerful when the opponent is using defensive moves like Barrier and Light Screen. I'm thinking maybe some kind of beam attack that ends up treating the shield like a magnifying glass instead of a shield, thus reversing its effect and increasing the damage to the opponent. They could do this 2 ways: one where it gets magnified by the opponent's shield, and one where it gets magnified by your own team's shield.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

im not sure if someone said this already.since x and y are for the 3ds do you think they would use the streetpass features and possible the play coins you can get. like i said i dont know if someone mentioned it already
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

I believe I was trying to note the same thing.
    Unless Gamefreak was okay with said, "discrepensies" I don't see them introducing pokemon following us again,
    Let alone overworld sprites. I think the only overworld sprites we will see are one's that are easily passable.
    We'd probably get a beam from our Pokedex to shrink the Pokemon or it manually happens because of our wristwear/phone or the Pokeball's technology. We're talking about Nintendo, the master of excuses here.

I think new types are plausible, as each additional odd gen added (a) new battle style(s), Such as:
    Gen III-Double and Tag Battles
    Gen V-Triple and Rotation Battles.

(Quad Battles next gen, anyone?). While each even gen (Gen I obviously put in types, as it WAS the first gen afterall.), adds a new MAJOR overhall to the type systems, Such As:

Gen II-Dark and Steel types, Editing Old types.
    Gen IV-Moves class (Physical or Special) are now not determined via TYPE.

Okay, but still, they seem to be okay with those inconsistencies in the games, if they made Pokemon to scale, then stuff like Waillord would be impossible to fit on the screen. I think in the overworld, they'll just make larger Pokemon about twice as big as the protagonist and ignore realistic scaling to some degree, just like they did in HGSS. I see no reason why that should change.

Okay, but still, they seem to be okay with those inconsistencies in the games, if they made Pokemon to scale, then stuff like Waillord would be impossible to fit on the screen. I think in the overworld, they'll just make larger Pokemon about twice as big as the protagonist and ignore realistic scaling to some degree, just like they did in HGSS. I see no reason why that should change.
    Wailord was full size in PBR.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Wailord was full size in PBR.
    Console games are built for bigger screens, so they can get away with that easier in PBR than they could here.

Console games are built for bigger screens, so they can get away with that easier in PBR than they could here.
    Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure Wailord was slightly shrunk for Collosseum and XD.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Here's an idea I thought of for dlc. It would require tms to be 1 use only again. Themethod would allow us to get infinite tms though.

Offer dlc maps for places from past generations. Aka a sprout tower map that would allow us to get more tm07.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Here's an idea I thought of for dlc. It would require tms to be 1 use only again. Themethod would allow us to get infinite tms though.

Offer dlc maps for places from past generations. Aka a sprout tower map that would allow us to get more tm07.
    I'm not sure where you're going with this, but re-usable TM's should stay, and I think will stay.

And the DLC function for getting access to previous regions seems to aim a bit too high. But I think it would be cool if you could unlock small, exlcusive areas (post-game) via DLC from eShop.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 1st March 2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post

This makes absolutely no sense. Why would this allow you to get an infinite amount of TMs? Why would infinite amounts of TMs be better than infinite use TMs? And why would they let you visit such random sections of past regions?

No, I think the best use of DLC would be to provide us with a Sevii Islands/Battle Zone type place, complete with new areas and environments (preferably ones that are missing from the region), past gen Pokemon we couldn't get in previous games and maybe even a mini storyline

DLC is going to be for something even bigger then Sevii Islands or Battle Zones, I can feel it. Again, Masuda is against small pay for DLC, and I even think large ones. If it happens, it would be something GF would consider worthy of being DLC.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    DLC is going to be for something even bigger then Sevii Islands or Battle Zones, I can feel it. Again, Masuda is against small pay for DLC, and I even think large ones. If it happens, it would be something GF would consider worthy of being DLC.
    I doubt it. Anything bigger than that would be too much content.

I doubt it. Anything bigger than that would be too much content.
    Not really, because then it would be borderline hypocritical for Masuda to approve of a 3rd game even a sequel which would add exactly that and charge people another 40 bucks for it. Sure they did it this gen, but with the advent of DLC proper treatment for the consumer shall be considered much more.
    BLAH

Not really, because then it would be borderline hypocritical for Masuda to approve of a 3rd game even a sequel which would add exactly that and charge people another 40 bucks for it. Sure they did it this gen, but with the advent of DLC proper treatment for the consumer shall be considered much more.
    But then why would you give away even more content for free than director's cuts and sequels are giving you for $40? That wouldn't make sense from a business perspective. They could get away with adding about that many areas in DLC as long as it's unique, because then it maintains the fresh feeling that those new areas would add to the new games, plus the differences in things like storyline and Pokemon distribution would make the new games more worth it.

But then why would you give away even more content for free than director's cuts and sequels are giving you for $40? That wouldn't make sense from a business perspective. They could get away with adding about that many areas in DLC as long as it's unique, because then it maintains the fresh feeling that those new areas would add to the new games, plus the differences in things like storyline and Pokemon distribution would make the new games more worth it.
    Who said anything about free? I thought we were going over this with a 10-15 buck price range in mind. I don't even see a Sevii Island like add on being for free. Anything that's free already like Pokemon new tournies new musicals and so on sure, but anything else would be pay for. Masuda might be against microtransaction DLC, but I can't see them being too strict on major add on DLC.
    BLAH

Who said anything about free? I thought we were going over this with a 10-15 buck price range in mind. I don't even see a Sevii Island like add on being for free. Anything that's free already like Pokemon new tournies new musicals and so on sure, but anything else would be pay for. Masuda might be against microtransaction DLC, but I can't see them being too strict on major add on DLC.
    I agree with this. As far as paid DLC in the $10-$15 range, though, I think a Sevii Island type place would be fairly reasonable.

Page 104 of 526 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast