Page 107 of 526 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I think you're missing the point...

Assume that you're a very skilled Trainer and all your Pokemon think highly and respect you. Your skills may have surpassed those of Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, but you never bothered to collect Gym Badges at all. One day, on your journey, you need to traverse the ocean, You have HM03 but just because you don't have that badge, you're not allowed to surf across the ocean?

Or cut a small tree, push a boulder, fly, climb mountains, smash rocks, dive underwater, etc...?
    Why do you need permission from authority for doing such simple things?
    well yes but i was explaining it in different terms
    iOS being respect

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well yes but i was explaining it in different terms
    iOS being respect
    I know.
    But again, the point is, do you really need "approval" to do basic stuff?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Wow... Geez, just look at it like badges are a trainer's level, each one grants you experience to control higher level pokemon and use a HM out of battle. No reason to over complicate it. I think the HMs should be kept aside until you have the badge for it. Just would be nicer, like they did for most, if not all, in R/B/Y.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Wow... Geez, just look at it like badges are a trainer's level, each one grants you experience to control higher level pokemon and use a HM out of battle. No reason to over complicate it. I think the HMs should be kept aside until you have the badge for it. Just would be nicer, like they did for most, if not all, in R/B/Y.
    Meh... I'll stop it.

Whatever they plan to do with the HMs, I just hope they make it more useful.

yeah i wish HMs did more than what they do

yeah i wish HMs did more than what they do
    What more could do they with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    well around the time this thread started someone mentioned cut being able to cut ropes that you grab to get yourself to higher levels in a place

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Here's an idea I have posted last month:

They need to give us more variations of obstacles to allow more valuable use for HMs.

Cut - aside from tiny plants, we can have ropes, thorny vines, webs. Also, they need to bring back its ability to cut tall grass.
    Fly - I really don't think that they will give us full ability to explore the skies. So, aside from ability to fly us to cities, they can use Fly in puzzles, such as going up a level or two inside buildings/caves with open ceilings/holes without available ladders/stairs.
    Surf - it doesn't really need to be changed.
    Strength - Boulders are so Gen 1. Give us something else such as cracked walls, heavy crates, or wooden planks that block doors.
    Dive - RSE Dive mechanic. That's all.
    Dig - Not an HM but it deserves the HM status. Aside from the Escape Rope function, it can be used for digging up stuck items on the ground, or digging underground paths.

what he said ^^

They need to give us more variations of obstacles to allow more valuable use for HMs.

Cut - aside from tiny plants, we can have ropes, thorny vines, webs. Also, they need to bring back its ability to cut tall grass.
    Fly - I really don't think that they will give us full ability to explore the skies. So, aside from ability to fly us to cities, they can use Fly in puzzles, such as going up a level or two inside buildings/caves with open ceilings/holes without available ladders/stairs.
    Surf - it doesn't really need to be changed.
    Strength - Boulders are so Gen 1. Give us something else such as cracked walls, heavy crates, or wooden planks that block doors.
    Dive - RSE Dive mechanic. That's all.
    Dig - Not an HM but it deserves the HM status. Aside from the Escape Rope function, it can be used for digging up stuck items on the ground, or digging underground paths.
    Oh I see. This would all be nice to have.

How about we use dig to plow fertile soil so we can plant berries? We can control the path where it digs to so we form our own garden. That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    How about we use dig to plow fertile soil so we can plant berries? We can control the path where it digs to so we form our own garden. That would be awesome!
    Hmmm, I prefer the natural way. Just imagine having to call your Pokemon every time you need to dig. Takes too much time.

Also, I prefer the default soil spots for planting berries.

Since the topic seems to be field moves currently, I'll share an idea I had recently.

What would you guys think about a "field move slot"? That is to say, a fifth move slot that a pokemon can know, but not be able to be used in battle. So you could have, say, a Staraptor that knows Fly in your party, yet still knows four decent battle moves, since, let's face it, almost all moves are useable in the field suck in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Since the topic seems to be field moves currently, I'll share an idea I had recently.

What would you guys think about a "field move slot"? That is to say, a fifth move slot that a pokemon can know, but not be able to be used in battle. So you could have, say, a Staraptor that knows Fly in your party, yet still knows four decent battle moves, since, let's face it, almost all moves are useable in the field suck in battle.
    It would surely save a Pokemon from being an HM slave, I guess.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post

yay no more HM slaves!
    i love that idea i pray to Arceus it happens
    but what if we wanna use them competitively?
    like a gyrados with waterfall

yay no more HM slaves!
    i love that idea i pray to Arceus it happens
    but what if we wanna use them competitively?
    like a gyrados with waterfall
    ...then just teach the Garyados waterfall in the non-devoted move slot.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    ...then just teach the Garyados waterfall in the non-devoted move slot.
    i guess that could work
    but when he said it it seemed like they could only put HM moves in the field move slot

A way to have the hm moves that you quite often NEED to have on you would be good... Like.. I just feel they added so many areas in bw2 that you can't get to unless you have cut, flash, waterfall, strength and surf just so that you would have to go back deep into a cave with a pokemon to use waterfall once and then you find out you need strength, then you find out you need flash... It just seems they did it to make the game longer...

So what I am suggesting is maybe make all the hm moves TMs instead and give an item the same ability...

Cut - sheers (like garden sheers)
    Fly - harness (so you can sit on or be Pulled up by a pokemon that would normally learn fly)
    Surf - rubber dingy (so you can get pulled by a pokemon that could normally use surf)
    Strength - ... Errr... Maybe like "workmens gloves" (so a pokemon that would usually use strength can move boulders?)
    Flash - lamp (... Self explanatory)
    Waterfall - jet (an add on to your dingy so it gives it that extra bit to go up a waterfall)
    Dive - aqua lung (so you can breath under water and your pokemon that would normally know dive just guides you?)

See this way you still need to have an appropriate pokemon with you, but it doesn't take a move slot up... Just my thoughts on it...

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    A way to have the hm moves that you quite often NEED to have on you would be good... Like.. I just feel they added so many areas in bw2 that you can't get to unless you have cut, flash, waterfall, strength and surf just so that you would have to go back deep into a cave with a pokemon to use waterfall once and then you find out you need strength, then you find out you need flash... It just seems they did it to make the game longer...

So what I am suggesting is maybe make all the hm moves TMs instead and give an item the same ability...

Cut - sheers (like garden sheers)
    Fly - harness (so you can sit on or be Pulled up by a pokemon that would normally learn fly)
    Surf - rubber dingy (so you can get pulled by a pokemon that could normally use surf)
    Strength - ... Errr... Maybe like "workmens gloves" (so a pokemon that would usually use strength can move boulders?)
    Flash - lamp (... Self explanatory)
    Waterfall - jet (an add on to your dingy so it gives it that extra bit to go up a waterfall)
    Dive - aqua lung (so you can breath under water and your pokemon that would normally know dive just guides you?)

See this way you still need to have an appropriate pokemon with you, but it doesn't take a move slot up... Just my thoughts on it...
    I thought of such things while whimsically thinking of how to deal with the obstacles of the games without using my pokemon for manual labor. So, my idea would be a jet ski in place of surf here. I also sort of thought a hot air balloon would be cool for instead of fly, like Team Rocket in the anime.

Also, has anyone given any thoughts to what new obstacles and HMs we might find in the new region?
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

The field moves are humans and Pokémon working together. It would kinda detract from the point of the games to just have items replace them.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    The field moves are humans and Pokémon working together. It would kinda detract from the point of the games to just have items replace them.
    agreed
    i think the extra field move slot would be much better
    the key items idea is kind of a stretch IMO

Would you guys rather see Pokemon Contests to be in-game or on Global Link?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Would you guys rather see Pokemon Contests to be in-game or on Global Link?
    I'm one for seeing the Contests.

Agreed. I miss third gen contests. They were the best.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

I'd like to see Fashion Shows and Coluissems. Colessuims... Whatever you name them, as Europe are famous for both.

Plus they can fling Colress at our faces...

Page 107 of 526 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast