Page 108 of 526 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Would you guys rather see Pokemon Contests to be in-game or on Global Link?
    I prefer in-game. Contest takes WAY too long to finish, remember we have only 1 hour in the Dream World.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Oh no, not on the Global Link, I just realized that. That would take too long and not to mention lag on the internet sometimes. In-game is better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Cut - aside from tiny plants, we can have ropes, thorny vines, webs. Also, they need to bring back its ability to cut tall grass.
    This is good, but I'd kind of like to see HMs go beyond being used for simple obstacles, that doesn't really add much.

Fly - I really don't think that they will give us full ability to explore the skies.
    I don't see why they wouldn't.

Strength - Boulders are so Gen 1. Give us something else such as cracked walls, heavy crates, or wooden planks that block doors.
    A lot of those would be better for Rock Smash or Dig. Strength doesn't really need an improvement, boulder puzzles already add a lot to the gameplay. And in 5th gen, they're even better, because they can be used to block certain paths until later in the game (example: the boulder on Rt. 13 blocking the way to Giant Chasm).

Dig - Not an HM but it deserves the HM status. Aside from the Escape Rope function, it can be used for digging up stuck items on the ground, or digging underground paths.
    This would be a better HM for the cracked walls idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    The field moves are humans and Pokémon working together. It would kinda detract from the point of the games to just have items replace them.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Would you guys rather see Pokemon Contests to be in-game or on Global Link?
    What would be the point of making them only accessible through the Global Link? That's an annoying enough feature as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't.
    If you're looking to get to point A to B in matter of seconds, I really doubt that GameFreak would slow it down just to explore skies. Maybe there will be a longer animation with specific models for each Pokemon that can learn fly displaying 1 city/place to another city (really doubtful). Unless there is something of relevance in the sky, I really doubt GameFreak would implement this. Also considering that its their first time working on a 3DS kit, so they probably want to play it a bit safe.

Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    How about we use dig to plow fertile soil so we can plant berries? We can control the path where it digs to so we form our own garden. That would be awesome!
    What's wrong with the berry pot?
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I for one completely forgot it existed half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    If you're looking to get to point A to B in matter of seconds, I really doubt that GameFreak would slow it down just to explore skies.
    They don't have to, it would be just like Ranger. Once you get up in the skies, you can instantly fly to a city.

Unless there is something of relevance in the sky, I really doubt GameFreak would implement this.
    Wild Flying types, maybe some items. Also, like Dive, it'd be a way to access ground level areas you couldn't otherwise. For instance, if there was a mountain town you couldn't get to otherwise because the path is too steep, you could use Fly to climb up the mountain to get there.

Also considering that its their first time working on a 3DS kit, so they probably want to play it a bit safe.
    That didn't stop them from putting Dive in RS.

They don't have to, it would be just like Ranger. Once you get up in the skies, you can instantly fly to a city.

Wild Flying types, maybe some items. Also, like Dive, it'd be a way to access ground level areas you couldn't otherwise. For instance, if there was a mountain town you couldn't get to otherwise because the path is too steep, you could use Fly to climb up the mountain to get there.

Totally agree with you: it'd be an amazing Showacase of the system and make Fly more than just fast travel. I hope Dive returns aswell, to access an underwater city or something!

[QUOTE=Bolt the Cat;15764903]They don't have to, it would be just like Ranger. Once you get up in the skies, you can instantly fly to a city.

If you mean something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTP2ZUNTd-s

The wild encounters could definitely be annoying if you just want to get on with the story. Perhaps the best way is to provide best of both worlds.

This may not even happen considering that BW era made HMs quite useless. For instance, if met with a tree that you can cut that leads to a shortcut, the game provides you with another pathway that is longer and runs the risk of meeting Pokemon. Who's to say that GameFreak doesn't provide an alternate pathway for that mountain town? Perhaps you have to travel a long distance from a cave to get there? Or another alternate pathway?

Dive in the GBA era is essentially just another overworld covered in blue colour, so it's not complicated to program it for the GBA. I only say that it may be complicated because GameFreak may not be totally experienced in a new kit (difference between DP-BW2 is quite staggering), or due to graphical limitations: To use the same argument, Dive wasn't prevalent in the DS era until BW and could be because of the inexperience of the DS' kit or never actually planned to fit it into Sinnoh.

If you mean something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTP2ZUNTd-s

The wild encounters could definitely be annoying if you just want to get on with the story. Perhaps the best way is to provide best of both worlds.
    Dear Arceus, the sound is horrendous on that. But yeah, that's basically what I was talking about.

And if it's a town you've already visited, that wouldn't be a problem, since you literally wouldn't have to move an inch once you reach the sky, once you get up there you can pick a city and go straight there as usual. Guardian Signs does the same thing, if you notice.

This may not even happen considering that BW era made HMs quite useless. For instance, if met with a tree that you can cut that leads to a shortcut, the game provides you with another pathway that is longer and runs the risk of meeting Pokemon. Who's to say that GameFreak doesn't provide an alternate pathway for that mountain town? Perhaps you have to travel a long distance from a cave to get there? Or another alternate pathway?
    It's an example, it doesn't have to be something required in the main storyline, it could be something more in line with 5th gen, where it's just to access an optional area or an item. Or Double Grass. But they could get away with doing something like that. 5th gen still has a few sections where you do have to use HMs to progress (BW1 forces you to use Cut in the Dreamyard, BW2 requires you to Surf to Seaside Cave and use Strength in Victory Road). This could easily be one of those few mandatory cases.

I hope they bring back the option of letting your pokemon walk with you, that was reall cool
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingCharizard39 View Post
    I hope they bring back the option of letting your pokemon walk with you, that was reall cool
    i agree
    i am pretty sure most of everyone can agree on that

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I might be the only one who disliked following pokemon. It didnt look right when they would just walk in place when your character is standing still

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    I might be the only one who disliked following pokemon. It didnt look right when they would just walk in place when your character is standing still
    they are just fidgety and waitin for a fight lol
    they are just ready to protect their trainer :3

idk i really liked that feature and am playing SS right now and my scizor following me is fantastic

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingCharizard39 View Post
    They won't, we saw the trailer already. It's very unlikely that there's a on/off option for it imo.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    They won't, we saw the trailer already. It's very unlikely that there's a on/off option for it imo.
    it did say game footage not final

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    it did say game footage not final
    It didn't come back in B/W or B2/W2 and it probably won't come back here. Nobody want to code over 700+ 3D over world models, that's a waste of valuable time that could be going towards actual improvements in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coller23 View Post
    It didn't come back in B/W or B2/W2 and it probably won't come back here. Nobody want to code over 700+ 3D models, that's a waste of valuable time that could be going towards actual improvements in the game.
    well if you are a game designer you have to be willing to make it great
    and they already did for the pokedex...and what do you mean it would waste valuable time to make improvements to the game?
    there are plenty of unnecessary things in game that they don't have to "waste" their time on
    they don't have to put in contests
    they don't have to do pokeathalons
    but they do so to make the game more appealing and fun
    and if that is your mind set then why are you posting on this thread?
    this thread is about gameplay mechanics that we think would make the game better
    if you think it is all a waste of time then i think you're wasting your time posting here

Ask me stupid stuff

i think this may or may not have been spoken about before but i wouldnt mind seeing them bring back the walking pokemon feature with maybe a little more control over how it works such being able to manually select which character you want to follow you around without having to put it in the first place in your team and maybe the option to have about 3 pokemon out at once if at all possible.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    i think this may or may not have been spoken about before but i wouldnt mind seeing them bring back the walking pokemon feature with maybe a little more control over how it works such being able to manually select which character you want to follow you around without having to put it in the first place in your team and maybe the option to have about 3 pokemon out at once if at all possible.
    yeah that Coller guy was just bashing on it
    i think it is a fantastic idea

Ask me stupid stuff

and they already did for the pokedex...and what do you mean it would waste valuable time to make improvements to the game?
    there are plenty of unnecessary things in game that they don't have to "waste" their time on
    this thread is about gameplay mechanics that we think would make the game better
    if you think it is all a waste of time then i think you're wasting your time posting here
    I don't even understand what your saying , and I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

1. The over world sprites in X and Y are way different then the battle scenes, which means they would have to make and code in 700 + models just for following Pokemon. If they didn't put following models in B/W where we still used sprites they it wouldn't make sense to do it for X and Y
    2. If you actually read my post carefully making and programming 700 + models for one silly little feature that lets face it is just something you could call an aesthetic extra when those resources could be used for something that adds replay ability.
    3. The difference between contests and pokeathons is that they ad replay ability to the game so there something worth putting in.
    4. Once again this thread is about game play ideas but that does not mean I'm not allowed to state my opinion on the game play idea and why it won't comeback. Hence the speculation part of the topic title.

He does have the right to tell you why he doesn't think this is going to happen. And I believe the following Pokemon thing was only made because they had the sprites anyway because of the Pokeathlon.
    And you can't really compare making a whole mini-game place/contests which is supposed to bring diversity to the game with making 700+ extra 3D models just so you can have them run around behind you. So I say, if they were to bring it back, it would only be because they had to make the models anyway because of some mini-game or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    He does have the right to tell you why he doesn't think this is going to happen. And I believe the following Pokemon thing was only made because they had the sprites anyway because of the Pokeathlon.
    And you can't really compare making a whole mini-game place/contests which is supposed to bring diversity to the game with making 700+ extra 3D models just so you can have them run around behind you. So I say, if they were to bring it back, it would only be because they had to make the models anyway because of some mini-game or whatever.
    they have done it before they had the pokathalon
    granted the graphics weren't as good but they were limited by technology and it was still a difficult task
    and to be a great game maker you have to challenge yourself
    i think they could pull it off more than easy enough

Ask me stupid stuff

Having Pokemon follow you was a nice idea and all but I would much rather they focused on something new that would make the game more enjoyable. Customizable characters for example. I think the male character looks bland and too similar to Hilbert, so introducing that this generation would be perfect.
    All hail Scizor.

Pokemon following you was a nice one time novelty. It could return in the future, but if it doesn't, I won't lose any sleep.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Page 108 of 526 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast