Page 138 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Not Fling, he's talking about Trick. It would be cool, but I agree with Aurath, as an ability, not an item.

EDIT:

I would love Pokemon walking with you, but only as an optional feature. Something you could switch on in a menu.
    Oh. Well, the same rules would apply with any switching moves. Trick, Fling, uh... I don't use any switching moves so I don't know anymore.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 29th March 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

If character customization is used, then human battling and breeding should be implemented also. Because Pokemon isn't just about Pokemon. Pokemon should be more about Human relationships with other humans and not with Pokemon.

jk

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    If character customization is used, then human battling and breeding should be implemented also. Because Pokemon isn't just about Pokemon. Pokemon should be more about Human relationships with other humans and not with Pokemon.

jk
    wut.

I'd love walking with my pokemon again, but maybe with an option of switching it off like Sneasel Lover said. It gives me a feeling I have a closer bond with my pokemon

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

I just thought of something. Here it goes, anyone else remember the pokewalker back in the HGSS days? Well, what if they make a pokewalker app(I hope it'll be available inside the game and not downloaded in the e-shop). And this time, when you close the 3ds, then walk around, you encounter pokemon with their hidden abilities? Of course you will be notified when you encounter a pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    I just thought of something. Here it goes, anyone else remember the pokewalker back in the HGSS days? Well, what if they make a pokewalker app(I hope it'll be available inside the game and not downloaded in the e-shop). And this time, when you close the 3ds, then walk around, you encounter pokemon with their hidden abilities? Of course you will be notified when you encounter a pokemon.
    Actually, the 3DS has a built-in pedometer function. So yeah.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'd love to see the Pokemon World Tournament (and the Battle Subway/Tower/Frontier) make a comeback.

Maybe this time they could take it a step further, and add some Elite Four members and Frontier Brains to the roster. I'd also love to see some player characters and rivals from previous games turn up, but I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one (although it'd be cool).

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    I'd love to see the Pokemon World Tournament (and the Battle Subway/Tower/Frontier) make a comeback.

Maybe this time they could take it a step further, and add some Elite Four members and Frontier Brains to the roster. I'd also love to see some player characters and rivals from previous games turn up, but I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one (although it'd be cool).
    Yeah, and all the rivals.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    wut.

I'd love walking with my pokemon again, but maybe with an option of switching it off like Sneasel Lover said. It gives me a feeling I have a closer bond with my pokemon
    Yes, I miss this from HG/SS also, it was one of the best features of the games IMO. I hope we get an option to walk with your Pokemon again.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

If their trying to promote 'Bonding with Pokemon' then walking with them would be a good way to do just that.

And since the trailer said 'Not Final' and the fact it might be optional, we still have hope.

And let you walk with any Pokemon in your party. The 'just the first lulz' annoyed me. What if I wanna walk with Magikarp in an Electric/Grass/Any Gym?

EDIT: I also want 'Acid Rain' and 'Storm' weathers.

Move: Acid Rain-Type: Poison-Status-PP: 20
    Causes the Acid Rain weather.

Acid Rain damages all Pokemon on the field, minus Poison-Type, and makes Poison moves effect Steel-Types while this weather is in play. Water and Grass types have a 1/10 chance of being Poisoned every turn, and a 0.5 chance of Steel-Types having their Defense and Special defense lowered.

(I think it isn't too OP: Poison only has one attack it's SE against, so all this makes them pretty good.)

Ability: Polluted Skies-Summons the Acid Rain weather when this Pokemon switches in.

Move: Violent Storm-Type: Electric-Status-PP: 20
    Summons the Storm weather.

Storm damages all Pokemon, bar Electric and Ground Pokemon. Electric type moves will always hit, and all Pokemon all field without Electric and/or Ground typing or the appropriate ability has a 1/10 chance of Paralysis. Will deal more damage to a Bouncing/Flying opponent. EDIT: Flying Pokemon have their speed increased, but accuracy lowered.
    Last edited by MidnightFennekin; 30th March 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    If their trying to promote 'Bonding with Pokemon' then walking with them would be a good way to do just that.

And since the trailer said 'Not Final' and the fact it might be optional, we still have hope.

And let you walk with any Pokemon in your party. The 'just the first lulz' annoyed me. What if I wanna walk with Magikarp in an Electric/Grass/Any Gym?

EDIT: I also want 'Acid Rain' and 'Storm' weathers.

Move: Acid Rain-Type: Poison-Status-PP: 20
    Causes the Acid Rain weather.

Acid Rain damages all Pokemon on the field, minus Poison-Type, and makes Poison moves effect Steel-Types while this weather is in play. Water and Grass types have a 1/10 chance of being Poisoned every turn, and a 0.5 chance of Steel-Types having their Defense and Special defense lowered.

(I think it isn't too OP: Poison only has one attack it's SE against, so all this makes them pretty good.)

Ability: Polluted Skies-Summons the Acid Rain weather when this Pokemon switches in.

Move: Violent Storm-Type: Electric-Status-PP: 20
    Summons the Storm weather.

Storm damages all Pokemon, bar Electric and Ground Pokemon. Electric type moves will always hit, and all Pokemon all field without Electric and/or Ground typing or the appropriate ability has a 1/10 chance of Paralysis. Will deal more damage to a Bouncing/Flying opponent.
    Wut. This seems off. Acid Rain seems unbelievable, and Storm not having Flying incorporated is odd.

If I were to...

"Heavy Wind"
    Caused by Tailwind, Hurricane, and other moves.

Causes Wind based damage to always hit, and doubles the damage, but lowers accuracy of Flying Type Pokémon.

But, that's just me :P i quite like your weather though, although they strike me as odd.

I hope GF makes some interesting Electric type physical moves cuz they're seriously lacking.And most of them are just the same attack but with different base powers[Spark,Volt Tackle,Wild Charge,Bolt Strike]...the only different ones are Thunderpunch and Thunder Fang.

Maybe they should make an Electric priority move,a Leaf Blade equivalent[90 BP and high crit ratio],an Electric Slash and maybe others.

Oh,and I think Teleport should become a physical priority move and it should keep its effects outside of battle.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 30th March 2013 at 9:17 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Changed Stom :P. Plus, Acid Rain's supposed to be all WTF, as Poison is a weak type.

I also want a new ability that reduces the power of Rock-Type moves and grants an immunity to SR.

Maybe called 'Hard Skin' or 'High Flyer'?

I sincerely hope that level grinding isn't like Gen 2, I hate how the higher level Pokemon were limited to Trainers until you hit victory road where they get stronger. I'm glad later generations stopped it excluding HG/SS. I rather find Audino then fight lv. 5 Weedle with my lv 16 Spinarak.

Changed Stom :P. Plus, Acid Rain's supposed to be all WTF, as Poison is a weak type.

I also want a new ability that reduces the power of Rock-Type moves and grants an immunity to SR.

Maybe called 'Hard Skin' or 'High Flyer'?
    I think there should be a new rule like,if a pkmn has the speed stat higher than let's say...80,than it has a 50% chance of evading Stealth Rock.

Or,if it comes down to abilities than maybe one called "Sharp Reflexes"

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I think there should be a new rule like,if a pkmn has the speed stat higher than let's say...80,than it has a 50% chance of evading Stealth Rock.

Or,if it comes down to abilities than maybe one called "Sharp Reflexes"
    I was thinking of just nerfing the move in general. Maybe cut the damage taken like 25% on 4x weak Pokemon instead of 50% and so forth. Or we could just introduce Stealth Ice Bwahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I was thinking of just nerfing the move in general. Maybe cut the damage taken like 25% on 4x weak Pokemon instead of 50% and so forth. Or we could just introduce Stealth Ice Bwahahahahaha!
    Not a shabby idea, actually. Would finally let those pesky Grass and Ground types feel the pain! But flying types are still f*cked. Maybe only one can be present at a time on one side of the field? Stacking it with SR would do like a whopping 75% of health loss into Shaymin-S!

And kill the Flying type completely...nobody would use it anymore.Not to mention the dragons...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

And kill the Flying type completely...nobody would use it anymore.Not to mention the dragons...
    Ban the move to Ubers? The NPCs in-game are too Dumb*ss to use it anyway. Unless we get a Ice-Type GL with Cloyster who sets it up. Then it may be worthy!

If the whole Stealth Ice thing happens, then I can see a sudden rise in Reshiram and Ho-oh.

Not a shabby idea, actually. Would finally let those pesky Grass and Ground types feel the pain! But flying types are still f*cked. Maybe only one can be present at a time on one side of the field? Stacking it with SR would do like a whopping 75% of health loss into Shaymin-S!
    Well exactly, just one stealth move on the field would balance it out. I mean who the hell would want there Bug/Ice Pokemon switch into both layers of Stealth and 3x layers of spikes or would compete in a metagame full of hazards?

Well exactly, just one stealth move on the field would balance it out. I mean who the hell would want there Bug/Ice Pokemon switch into both layers of Stealth and 3x layers of spikes or would compete in a metagame full of hazards?
    0_o = Me <<<<<<l== < Sword

I think SI would be good. it'd make the weather wars look like a playhouse fight! on the note of Entry hazards, Maybe;

Iron Spikes
    Spikes-But Steel-Type!

Rose Thorns
    Spikes-But Grass-Type!

Lol, Ferrothorn with these.... 0_o

Anyone want a return of the EXP. All? Maybe divide the EXP by 6 (Rounded up!)

Stealth Rock was a bad idea to begin with.They should change the damage it does to pokemon 4X weak to Rock.They should only take 25% damage.Come on,to have half your HP chopped off by some stupid hazard is terrible.It's not fair.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Stealth Rock was a bad idea to begin with.They should change the damage it does to pokemon 4X weak to Rock.They should only take 25% damage.Come on,to have half your HP chopped off by some stupid hazard is terrible.It's not fair.
    That's why we have Rapid Spin/Magic Guard/Recovery moves to treat this sorta problem. Strategy is needed to win over the game full of these hazards but your right, 25% is more of a reasonable number then 50%. And for the spiky rose move MidnightFennekin mentioned, make it super effective on Ground, Rock and especially Water and you have yourself a deal, I hate these Water Pokemon appearing here and there.

That's why we have Rapid Spin/Magic Guard/Recovery moves to treat this sorta problem. Strategy is needed to win over the game full of these hazards but your right, 25% is more of a reasonable number then 50%. And for the spiky rose move MidnightFennekin mentioned, make it super effective on Ground, Rock and especially Water and you have yourself a deal, I hate these Water Pokemon appearing here and there.
    Yeah,a thorny thing should be made for Ground/Rock/Water type pkmn.Although,those with a 4x weakeness to Grass would suffer greatly from this.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Yeah,a thorny thing should be made for Ground/Rock/Water type pkmn.Although,those with a 4x weakeness to Grass would suffer greatly from this.
    Then they can feel the pain Pokemon like Volcarona and Charizard feel from Stealth Rocks! Of course more Pokemon have a 4x weakness to Grass than Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Then they can feel the pain Pokemon like Volcarona and Charizard feel from Stealth Rocks! Of course more Pokemon have a 4x weakness to Grass than Rock.
    I wonder,would Solar Power Charizard have been OU if Stealth Rock never existed?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Page 138 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast