Page 144 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I think it'd be cool if in X and Y when Pokemon avoid attacks, or attacks miss, there is an animation showing the attack missing or the other Pokemon leaping out of the way.
    Im a COMPLETE noob when it comes to forum signatures and whatnot (:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You're missing the point. He said the Heracross/Pinsir prevos would appear in March, and they didn't.
    No, no, no, you're missing Your Boss's point, everyone is but Mr. Cuddles.

Just because Person A mentions about Feature X, and says that it's going to be revealed in the next coro-coro, and when nothing happens in said coro-coro and person A reveals he made it up, doesn't automatically mean Feature X isn't going to happen in said franchise. I'm sorry but it's not as simple cut and dry as that.

In order for that to be true, Person A would have to know all available information about a subject, KNOWING absolutely sure that what he made up could never be in the games.

Like Mr. Cuddles said, if Person A mentions that there will be a Sableye evolution revealed in the next coro-coro and then Person A mentions he made it up because Coro-Coro doesn't, that does not automatically exclude a potential Sableye evolution, unless Person A knew for certain Sableye did not get an evolution.

The point is simple. Making up stuff, passing it on as fact, and then revealing to everyone you made it up, doesn't mean the feature or Pokemon or something similar wasn't already implemented in the games and won't happen.

I'm sure people have made generalized predictions/speculations/or straight up B.S that actually turned out to be real.

No Pokemon fan can say for sure what is or isn't in X and Y, unless it's confirmed one way or the other.

And before anyone argues that I'm missing the point, you better explain YOUR point, because if it hasn't been covered in my post then it was you that was missing the point, because there's NO other way to look at it.

Here's a more specific example of my point:

-------
    My name is Jerry,and I know a friend who is best friend's with a developer and he said that they are introducing a feature where Pokemon can evolve mid-battle, so it's more realistic, like in the anime.

*A few weeks later*

Hi Jerry again, In a few weeks Coro-Coro will come out revealing this evolving mid-battle feature I mentioned a few weeks ago. I can't wait.

*Two days before Coro-Coro*

Oh wow, this is Jerry again, and i have to say you are a bunch of gullible idiots, I can't believe you believed that there was going to be mid-battle evolution. You make me lose my faith in humanity. Ha ha, have fun losers.
    -----

Just because Jerry made up the whole thing from his own mind, and unless Jerry knew absolutely for sure that mid-battle evolutions weren't in X and Y, does not mean Gamefreak did not implement mid-battle evolutions in Pokemon X and Y.

Again it's not that simple. When you know absolutely nothing about a subject, and you make something up, especially in the context of what happens in games, just because you made it up, doesn't automatically make it completely and utter false, UNTIL it is absolutely confirmed, that there are no such thing as mid-battle evolutions, it's still a possibility from the perspective of the fans who don't know anything about the games except what was told to them by official sources.

Granted an obvious lie does hurt any real credibility about certain made up features and all that stuff, but it won't entirely exclude the possibility until it's officially confirmed.

And even then that still opens the possibilities to similar features that might be implemented.

That was your boss's point, from what I saw. I don't know what you people saw, except your arguing absolutes, when there's no such thing as absolutes unless there's confirmation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSerperior View Post
    I think it'd be cool if in X and Y when Pokemon avoid attacks, or attacks miss, there is an animation showing the attack missing or the other Pokemon leaping out of the way.
    Yes I would like to see this implemented into the game as well, long have I waited on seeing how big attacks like rock slide and muddy water miss.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

With the announcement of mew3? I am thinking there may be two evil teams. The gen 6 evil team focusing on the mascot legendary and team rocket making a return with mew 3. If this is true thenI can just imagine so many things happening with that but mostly wars
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

YES! We need Team Rocket back now!
    I only take legit Pokémon, no nicknames.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Modern Vivillon, looking for Meadow & River.

Seeking RNG 6 IV non-English Ditto.

I have all Pokémon and can breed them.
    1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Visit my trade shop! I deal in IV bred Pokémon and shinies, with plans for Pokémon in matching balls and Mega Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by pokéfan2074 View Post
    Why? They're were the evil team for 2 Generations, more than any other evil team has been.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSerperior View Post
    That is an interesting question. What does the animation look like when the move misses?

If a move were to miss, I'm thinking it'll do just like it did in the past 3D games and just saw "The attack missed" with the opposing Pokemon there as if nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    That is an interesting question. What does the animation look like when the move misses?
    With the new graphics and all, I could see the opposing Pokémon leaping out of the way of a attack. I think it would be easier to do than actually showing the attack missing, but I may be wrong.
    Or they might just pull the XD/ Colosseum on us where the "miss" does absolutely nothing.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I wouldnt be very upset if they dont add that "missed attack" animation. It might get a bit boring after a while. And when you're training for hours you don't want to see that animation when you just want to get a fight over with.

Will the pokemon still fall through the floor? Lol or will they collapse and be recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Will the pokemon still fall through the floor? Lol or will they collapse and be recalled.
    Hopefully collapse and be recalled, I never got why they just fell through the ground, at least make them disappear instead of randomly falling through the ground.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    Hopefully collapse and be recalled, I never got why they just fell through the ground, at least make them disappear instead of randomly falling through the ground.
    Meh. That was just to signify that the pokemon was down for the count and no longer of use to the battle, which does seem a little exaggerated when you think about it. But I'm liking this idea of a new animation for a pokemon to collapse when fainted/evade an attack. But at least, I'd like to see the pokemon simply evade an attack.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    I'm thinking they might use the same kind of animation as in Battle Revolution, a faint animation is played and the Pokémon shrinks before being called back into its Pokéball.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

@ Super Llama

I'd prefer that then falling through floors.
    Last edited by LusterPurge; 7th April 2013 at 7:12 AM.

Yes, I just saw the battle revolution fainting on youtube and I must agree - its the best way. Or, maybe GameFreak have some better idea?

Personally..No. I have always found Team Rocket very bland and we need new villains..

Maybe there will be Team Rocket as new Reborn villain organisation? Team Torpedo! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Essiah View Post
    Yes, I just saw the battle revolution fainting on youtube and I must agree - its the best way. Or, maybe GameFreak have some better idea?
    Yeah pretty much is. Don't think they make the pokemon collapse. Or go through the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    With the new graphics and all, I could see the opposing Pokémon leaping out of the way of a attack. I think it would be easier to do than actually showing the attack missing, but I may be wrong.
    Or they might just pull the XD/ Colosseum on us where the "miss" does absolutely nothing.
    Ever wonder how are they supposed to dodge moves like Surf?

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

This Pokémon may have something to do with the DNA plot,maybe a bit of the Mew DNA was lost and it created a new pokemon and a new plot where Mewthree(Don't be mad just a name to go with) is on a Rampage around the *insert* Region and Yveltal(Y) or Xerneas(X) is the only Pokémon powerful enough to save the Region.Plus it saves Game Freak of creating an evil team(a bit of change),
    Last edited by Happy Hydreigon; 7th April 2013 at 9:44 AM.
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

It'd be interesting to see moves like fire fang, thunder fang, ice fang and crunch being used in the games.

Also, imagine the punches.......fire punch, ice punch, thunder punch.............imagine punching the opponent in the face.

I also want to know how the status effects will be animated:

For a burn, will an ember rise from the opponent like in the present games or will a pokemon be consumed in flames like in the anime?
    Similarly for the freezing effect.....will a pokemon be covered in ice or would a blue outline surround it like now? when the pokemon thaws out, i want to see it actually thawing out from the ice. For confusion, The pokemon should hurt itself.........the animation now is absurd..................the screen flashes and says your pokemon hurt itself................

I can see team rocket making a return, but I never liked them.. I'd prefer Cyrus team galactic.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    I can see team rocket making a return, but I never liked them.. I'd prefer Cyrus team galactic.
    This is thebest post of the thread.

Galactic was the only one without closure anhway, Aqua and Magma were disbanded, Rocket finished, and Plasma gone and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    With the announcement of mew3? I am thinking there may be two evil teams. The gen 6 evil team focusing on the mascot legendary and team rocket making a return with mew 3. If this is true thenI can just imagine so many things happening with that but mostly wars
    I don't think Team Rocket will play a huge role in this game. Maybe they can have a cameo appearance or a post game subplot at best, but we probably won't be seeing them much.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Probably collapse and be recalled. Isn't that what they did in Stadium? If they can do it there, they can probably pull it off here.

Page 144 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast