Page 161 of 526 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    Id honestly love it if GF did FREE Pokemon DLC. AKA- say a year down the road, and they finalized some new designs, but dont quite want to implement them into a new game- hit up a wi-fi spot or using your own internet, expand your Pokedex with 10 brand new creatures fresh out of finalization. I would love this, and it would keep the game fresh as well.

If playing against someone that had no way of downloading the said free 'mons it would update their game data automatically when connecting.
    I expect them to do this with the usual event legends, but I doubt they'll just straight up give more than one of the things away. If they're making new designs it will likely be for gen 7 and be saved as such.

Is it possible to give the game cards a update via the e-shop?
    Since that would make it great for if there would be any bugs and crashes...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    It is indeed possible, and I have seen this idea bought up a couple times (I having bought it up myself once xD).
    Though I'm sure there won't be any fatal sort of bugs or crashes, I suppose it would be convenient if updates were to fix the occasional glitch. Updates would really come in handy though when later games are released with features that would be incompatible with older games, e.g. new alternate forms.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Do you guys ever reckon they'll change the battle structure?
    Like they could do it so when you initiate a battle you take control of your pokemon and are able to move your pokemon and dodge enemy attacks and use your own attacks against it, so basically you control your pokemon in the fight.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Like they could do it so when you initiate a battle you take control of your pokemon and are able to move your pokemon and dodge enemy attacks and use your own attacks against it, so basically you control your pokemon in the fight.
    No, the turn based combat system will never change in the main games. You can get something like that in spinoffs, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Yes. But can also be through Spot Pass.

Mario Kart, Swapnote and Colors 3D's updates have to be downloaded from the e-Shop.
    While Pokedex 3D (the first one)'s update was done via Spot Pass.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

One thing that would be nice to have, would be a some kind of area that allows you to change your Pokemon's Nature.

To prevent it from getting abused, it can be given a very steep cost, like 5 million Pokedollar per Pokemon, for example.
    Or make it possible only after doing certain weekly/monthly quest, and only 1 Pokemon per week/month.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    One thing that would be nice to have, would be a some kind of area that allows you to change your Pokemon's Nature.

To prevent it from getting abused, it can be given a very steep cost, like 5 million Pokedollar per Pokemon, for example.
    Or make it possible only after doing certain weekly/monthly quest, and only 1 Pokemon per week/month.
    I could see that. Maybe make it like a day care theme with leaving one pokemon at a time to stay there for a week or month, changing their natures to the desired. Very simple and makes people think about it before using it.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

while that would be cool and that isn't a bad idea, but this does seem unlikely
    however, if could quite possibly reduce how much some people use external cheating engines

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    while that would be cool and that isn't a bad idea, but this does seem unlikely
    however, if could quite possibly reduce how much some people use external cheating engines
    I concur.

And the nature changing part... probably a Pokémon-style psychiatrist will do the job.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

eh, to summarize, overall these are my hopes for X/Y.

* New PC icons for all the pokemon. They're so ugly ;~;
    * Some Shiny Pokemon getting new colours; e.g. Garchomp, Sunflora, Persian, heck, even Ursaring, the bright green don't suit him at all. D:
    * Walking with your Pokemon with you, like HG/SS.
    * Shiny Sylveon coloured slightly differently from its normal version; like Glaceon. It would suit Sylveon.
    * Choices within the game.
    * A bigger plot, featuring old characters and new ones.
    * Have an item that works similarly to the Shiny Charm, only harder to get, but available earlier in the game.
    * Poke-Transfer available early on in the game, but with certain restrictions. (e.g you only have 2 badges, therefore the pokemon you can transfer can only be of level 25 or below, idk.)
    * More difficult mazes within Gyms.
    * Larger towns
    * More gift pokemon, more in-game trading, etc.
    * LESS legendary pokemon than Gen V brought to the game.
    * Legendary Pokemon have a larger story surrounding them, cutscenes etc explaining the Pokemon's past, idk.
    *Legendary Pokemon not just found in odd locations. (like how Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion were just sitting there.. in really stupid spots.)
    * Eevee's method of evolution to evolve into Sylveon available early on in the game.
    * Character Customization. (Has been hinted at but not confirmed.)
    * Items for Character Customization given out through the Dream World, DLC, By visiting stores, etc. Or bought with the coins you get from walking with your 3DS.
    * Berries play a bigger role in the game. They're really pointless in GEN V.
    * Secret Bases! But i'd prefer an actual customizable house, haha. That would be a great addition to the game. Once again, furniture from Dream World, DLC, etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment. This stuff I'd really like to see in the game, but it looks so nice already that I wouldn't mind if /none/ of these were included.
    Last edited by Sharpedo Master; 28th April 2013 at 8:44 AM. Reason: spelling errors. x__x

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpedo Master View Post

* Some Shiny Pokemon getting new colours; e.g. Garchomp, Sunflora, Persian, heck, even Ursaring, the bright green don't suit him at all. D:
    * Shiny Sylveon coloured slightly differently from its normal version; like Glaceon. It would suit Sylveon.
    * Have an item that works similarly to the Shiny Charm, only harder to get, but available earlier in the game.
    * Poke-Transfer available early on in the game, but with certain restrictions. (e.g you only have 2 badges, therefore the pokemon you can transfer can only be of level 25 or below, idk.)
    * Larger towns
    * Legendary Pokemon have a larger story surrounding them, cutscenes etc explaining the Pokemon's past, idk.
    *Legendary Pokemon not just found in odd locations. (like how Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion were just sitting there.. in really stupid spots.)
    * Eevee's method of evolution to evolve into Sylveon available early on in the game.
    * Items for Character Customization given out through the Dream World, DLC, By visiting stores, etc. Or bought with the coins you get from walking with your 3DS.
    * Secret Bases! But i'd prefer an actual customizable house, haha. That would be a great addition to the game. Once again, furniture from Dream World, DLC, etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment. This stuff I'd really like to see in the game, but it looks so nice already that I wouldn't mind if /none/ of these were included.
    These are more less the same of what I want but I'd still like about 10 legends or so but regional trio and respective mascot can be caught in game. All others would be DLC with their own big storylines and they would like post-story line sort of like darkrai Palkia story in explorers of t/d/s.

Also your own gym would so cool. In game before you battle the elite it is being built and after you win, you are contacted to be the new leader. Then you get to design the entire gym. Ask friends to be trainers in it or they can challenge the gym and get a custom badge and everything

Remember how in GSC/HGSS there was a house in Viridian that if you connected your games or Pokewalkers together you could battle whoever you connected to in the house?
    I was thinking, why not expand on that further in the new games, why not make it a Spotpass feature. Think about it, it will make it easier than carrying around trading cables or Pokewalkers and it can showcase what the games are capable of. Every time you get a hit from the same person, their roster in the game will change to whatever roster they have currently. To make things easier, you have the option in the PC box at any Pokecenter to make and copy a roster of the Pokemon and items of your choosing, you don't get to use the copied Pokemon and it's exclusively for the Spotpass and you don't have to worry about losing the use of your Pokemon for good since it's just copies and not permanent. What do you think?

* Larger towns

God ideas, especially on the PC icons, for example, take Bulbasaur, it is a green colour, the same as its SHINY colour rather than blue. And on the walking pokemon note, i want them all to have sizes corresponding to their given height in the dex. Also have the pokedex like hgss, with the scales to give you an idea of weight. But i do agree with your whole list
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

* Larger towns (As long as there are some smaller towns scattered around, I didn't care that much for castelia)
    * LESS legendary pokemon than Gen V brought to the game. (Hmmm, maybe just give them more of a story?)
    * Secret Bases! But i'd prefer an actual customizable house, haha. That would be a great addition to the game. Once again, furniture from Dream World, DLC, etc. (Would much prefer buying furniture in-game)

Other than a few things, I agree with all

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

That's subjective. Plus don't go to the PC then.
    Again subjective, plus the shiny colors aren't changing anytime soon.
    I found this feature mildly dumb, it doesn't add anything in the gameplay.
    What do you mean?
    [B]It's going to be thought to knock Gen V's storyline, let's hope this gen can do it.
    You could just trade old ones with another copy that has beaten the main story.
    * Larger towns
    Yes it's so many legendaries compared to the amount of non legendaries.
    Why not play BW2 and see why they are there?
    Except for erasing EVs, increasing friendship, healing HP, curing statuses, weakening super effective moves, raising a stat and injure the foe. Berries never had any other role besides these really.

Comments in bold. And as for Streetpass, you could upload a "Streetpass team" and when someone collects data for your team, they can battle them anytime they want and the limit of battles saved would be 15.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Comments in bold. And as for Streetpass, you could upload a "Streetpass team" and when someone collects data for your team, they can battle them anytime they want and the limit of battles saved would be 15.
    They didn't say "These are what I hope Your Boss thinks about my ideas," they just want a few things. It doesn't matter how subjective they are because it's a subjective list. Get over yourself.

Pokemon walking besides you makes the game more fun and unique and makes you feel like a trainer, just saying

Although I do not like human customization. I would approve Pokemon customization. When I mean Pokemon customization, I mean you can give your pokemon a special pattern on them like like Spinda. That way, you can tell which pokemon is yours in a battle of the same pokemon. Also, you can differentiate the same pokemon if you have many of them and you don't want to change their names.

Yeah the PC icons being ugly is subjective, but how on earth is dont go to the PC useful advice?
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

i hope not..that defeates the point of the trainer calling out moves and such

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

The closest we'll get to that is in Smash Bros Brawl. I always wished they would make a game that is in the full setup of Smash Bros but you can choose to play as any Pokemon with type effectiveness and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    The closest we'll get to that is in Smash Bros Brawl. I always wished they would make a game that is in the full setup of Smash Bros but you can choose to play as any Pokemon with type effectiveness and everything.
    the main flaws with that idea is that many pokemon become unusable and others completely broken, Wailord would be useless, and Masqurain could just hover up in the top corners launching surfs safely.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    the main flaws with that idea is that many pokemon become unusable and others completely broken, Wailord would be useless, and Masqurain could just hover up in the top corners launching surfs safely.
    If it's like Smash Bros, Masquerain (or any flying Pokemon) would be like Charizard or MetaKnight. Sure, there's some hovering and a bit of flying, but not indefinitely. And Wailord may be really slow but he could be really resistant to attacks and launch massive ones.

I chose Masqurain because it's design is infinite hovering, that's why it has 6 wings, and then things like Gastly, or Weezing that can only float to move, or pokemon that don't move like Shedinja. Then certain stat's would be unusable, there would be no throwback for a lot of heavy Pokemon, and base stats would be pointless.

Play rumble if you want a game that lets you move around and such.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Page 161 of 526 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast