Page 165 of 526 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    -Show a list of all the Pokemon you're searching for instead showing 6.
    -Make it possible to see an Pokemon's summary, so you can check if they are legit.
    -fix the problem of lv.9 legendaries. Don't have an idea, maybe when you ask/offer a legendary you can't select a level. Jus't thinking out loud)
    Agree on these.

-Make it possible to ask for every Pokemon, not the only you've seen.
    Probably never going to happen. They do this to keep you from getting rare Pokemon too early.

-Make it possible to ask for shinys (I don't search for shinies, but a lot of others do)
    Shinies are too rare for this to be viable. They're considered too valuable to a lot of people to the point where you're probably not going to see too many being offered. Or at least not legit shinies, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    By only searching for ones you've seen, does it count the ones seen via online battling too? Or just in game?
    Just in game, I think.

If it's in game then I really see no point, as if you've seen them then you can most likely catch them.
    It most certainly has a point. You always see more Pokemon in the game that you can catch, most notably version exclusives and National Dex Pokemon that can't be caught in the game but seen on trainer rosters.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Probably never going to happen. They do this to keep you from getting rare Pokemon too early.
    Okay, you're able to ask for everything AFTER beaten the League etc. Better?
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    The move kinesis does not refer to the biological concept of kinesis? It refers to psychokinesis aka telekinesis - the act of moving things with the mind, in ESP language. Hence why it's a psychic type. It's about kinetic motion, not about the reactions of cells. There's no such thing as psychotaxis, hence, no taxis move. The suffix "-kinesis" just means motion, and I assume Psychokinesis or Telekinesis is the intended move, but was too long, so it just got shortened. Not odd in the least bit.
    I understand the whole psychokinesis bit but that doesn't explain what the move does...also, telekinesis is a move on its own....Think in terms of behavioral biology...kinesis refers to a random response to a stimulus...therefore, kinesis prevents the opponent from pinpointing it attack, randomizing the chance of striking...taxis comes with kinesis and it refers to a directional response to a stimulus...it could increase accuracy I guess, in double battle, or it can hone your own strong points like I've mentioned, having a directional purpose...but then again, this can all be a translation error...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I understand the whole psychokinesis bit but that doesn't explain what the move does...also, telekinesis is a move on its own....Think in terms of behavioral biology...kinesis refers to a random response to a stimulus...therefore, kinesis prevents the opponent from pinpointing it attack, randomizing the chance of striking...taxis comes with kinesis and it refers to a directional response to a stimulus...it could increase accuracy I guess, in double battle, or it can hone your own strong points like I've mentioned, having a directional purpose...but then again, this can all be a translation error...
    Have you ever, like, seen kinesis

you bend a spoon
    the japanese name is literally "Spoon Bend"
    the description of the move is
    The user distracts the foe by bending a spoon. It may lower the target’s accuracy.
    it's also the exclusive move of Kadabra & Alakazam

Skiddsy has it right, they called it that based on the suffix not cells and junk.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Have you ever, like, seen kinesis

you bend a spoon
    the japanese name is literally "Spoon Bend"
    the description of the move is

it's also the exclusive move of Kadabra & Alakazam

Skiddsy has it right, they called it that based on the suffix not cells and junk.
    That's why I said it could simply be a translation error...but how does bending a spoon lower accuracy? I guess it can be distracting...Anyways, I'd still like a move that increases your highest stat 2 stages and it will fail if you have more than one stat tied for the highest...it doesn't have to be called taxis...it could be called "fortify" or something...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Don't hate on me for this,but I want the new types(if they are any) to be Sound and Light
    I'd like to see these Pokémon retyped and the 6th Gen pokemon I would like to see typed this.

Sound:

Chatot(Sound/Flying)
    Igglybuff(Normal)>Jigglypuff(Normal/Sound)>Wigglytuff(Normal/Sound)
    Poliwag(Water)>Poliwhirl(Water)>Politoed(Water/Sound)
    Whismur(Sound)>Loudred(Sound)>Exploud(Sound)
    Chingling(Psychic/Sound)>Chimecho(Psychic/Sound)
    Kricketot(Bug/Sound)>Krickitune(Bug/Sound)
    Meloetta-Aria Form(Sound/Psychic)
    Meloetta-Pirouette Form(Sound/Fighting)
    Yveltal(Flying/Sound)-Because Wyvern's Loud Screeches and that it is the Only Pokémon to make a Noise(other than Pikachu) in the trailer

Light:

Cherrim(Grass/Light)
    Cleffa(Normal)>Clefairy(Normal/Light)>Clefable(Normal/Light)
    Mareep(Electric/Light)>Flaffy(Electric/Light)>Ampharos(Electric/Light)
    Volbeat(Bug/Light)
    Illumise(Bug/Light)
    Lumineon(Water/Light)
    Manaphy(Water/Light)
    Phione(Water/Light)
    Xerneas(Grass/Light)-Bright Colours on Antlers,and could give both Legends a new type
    Sylveon(Light)-To me,kind of self-explanatory
    Last edited by Happy Hydreigon; 5th May 2013 at 8:46 PM.
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Not bashing you or anyone who wants/likes the possibility of Sound types, but can't just about any Pokemon make a sound?
    In this case, I'm comparing it with Psychic types, and what I think the process is.

Psychic types use heightened mental/brain waves to affect objects or perform different attacks; same goes with Pokemon that can learn Psychic type attacks.
    Sound types would produce/manipulate sound waves; the only difference between normal, say, Pokemon cries & sounds, and Sound type attacks is that the latter are produced when a Pokemon manipulates the sound waves.
    So Sound types are characterized when a Pokemon manipulates its own or other Pokemon's/person's/object's sound waves.

Sorry if I seem unclear on anything; not very good at explanations, and I'm kind of supporting and opposing Sound types.

Edit: And just throwing this out there, but maybe Xerneas doesn't have a cry. Yveltal, the great watcher of the skies, and Xerneas, silent guardian of the earth.
    Last edited by RoySceptile; 5th May 2013 at 9:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Not bashing you or anyone who wants/likes the possibility of Sound types, but can't just about any Pokemon make a sound?
    In this case, I'm comparing it with Psychic types, and what I think the process is.

Psychic types use heightened mental/brain waves to affect objects or perform different attacks; same goes with Pokemon that can learn Psychic type attacks.
    Sound types would produce/manipulate sound waves; the only difference between normal, say, Pokemon cries & sounds, and Sound type attacks is that the latter are produced when a Pokemon manipulates the sound waves.
    So Sound types are characterized when a Pokemon manipulates its own or other Pokemon's/person's/object's sound waves.

Sorry if I seem unclear on anything; not very good at explanations, and I'm kind of supporting and opposing Sound types.

Edit: And just throwing this out there, but maybe Xerneas doesn't have a cry. Yveltal, the great watcher of the skies, and Xerneas, silent guardian of the earth.
    I was meaning Pokemon usually accosiated with Noise(such as Loudness,Music or Singing
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Flareon needs a better Fire physical move, like Flare Blitz.

It would be awesome for Gardevoir to somehow learn Aura Sphere to replace Focus Blast. Focus Blast has a knack for missing much more than Thunder, for some reason, and has been way, way too inconsistent after testing. It would also be sweet if she, along with other Psychics, could learn Psycho Boost through a Draco Metoeor-esque tutor.

Perhaps Gallade can somehow learn Aura Sphere, and can pass it down to Ralts through breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post

It would be awesome for Gardevoir to somehow learn Aura Sphere to replace Focus Blast. Focus Blast has a knack for missing much more than Thunder, for some reason, and has been way, way too inconsistent after testing. It would also be sweet if she, along with other Psychics, could learn Psycho Boost through a Draco Metoeor-esque tutor.

Perhaps Gallade can somehow learn Aura Sphere, and can pass it down to Ralts through breeding.
    I've always hated flareon for that reason. But gallade is good enough.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

What if... the enemy team's goal is to stop time, and all the members have a device that allows them to slow down time, so whenever you battle them you'll always be at half speed?
    Moves like quick attack would become normal moves and quick claw would be negated.

Would be a good way to make the battles a little harder.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

What if... the enemy team's goal is to stop time, and all the members have a device that allows them to slow down time, so whenever you battle them you'll always be at half speed?
    Moves like quick attack would become normal moves and quick claw would be negated.

Would be a good way to make the battles a little harder.
    I'd actually like the idea of having one-off in-game gimmicks like that. Honestly, it's not that different from fighting people with Sandshrews in infinite sandstorms or people with Froslasses in infinite hailstorms, where the enemy gets to tank by evading your attacks and getting free damage on your 'mons every turn. If they don't want to make something as complex as what you're suggesting, maybe even just an enemy base with infinite Trick Room in every fight, and the grunts use stuff like Disable Dusclops, Slack Off Slowbro, Trapinch, Power Split Shuckle, and Gyro Ball Ferroseed? I know Trick Room affects both sides and doesn't alter priority, but it could definitely provide an interesting challenge.

EDIT: Ooh, or DeepSeaTooth Clamperl. Ooh, or Parasect! Super-fast 100% sleep moves, biatch!
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 6th May 2013 at 2:19 AM.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

What about tagela getting a buffered movepooll?

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'd actually like the idea of having one-off in-game gimmicks like that. Honestly, it's not that different from fighting people with Sandshrews in infinite sandstorms or people with Froslasses in infinite hailstorms, where the enemy gets to tank by evading your attacks and getting free damage on your 'mons every turn. If they don't want to make something as complex as what you're suggesting, maybe even just an enemy base with infinite Trick Room in every fight, and the grunts use stuff like Disable Dusclops, Slack Off Slowbro, Trapinch, Power Split Shuckle, and Gyro Ball Ferroseed? I know Trick Room affects both sides and doesn't alter priority, but it could definitely provide an interesting challenge.

EDIT: Ooh, or DeepSeaTooth Clamperl. Ooh, or Parasect! Super-fast 100% sleep moves, biatch!
    Add Spore Amoongus and Gyro Ball Steelix and the rest is history. I supposed Jellicent could be thrown in the mix alongside, given that a lot of teams have to deal with the ghostly jellyfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    What about tagela getting a buffered movepool?
    Tangela actually has a decent enough movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    They seem to be reluctant on giving it Flare Blitz to the point that I am rather hoping for a Fire-type Outrage/Thrash to be introduced and added to its learnset.

I actually would like a flying type outrage called Tornado, but more powerful than hurricane to reference the fact that tornadoes actually cause more damage and spin faster than hurricanes even though they are much, much smaller
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Hey, because X/Y will be the first 3DS game, there are so many possibilities of note taking here. We can draw our own maps and pause our game to go to our notes and we can share our notes (not sure) through swapnotes.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Hey, because X/Y will be the first 3DS game, there are so many possibilities of note taking here. We can draw our own maps and pause our game to go to our notes and we can share our notes (not sure) through swapnotes.
    swapnote doesn't allow that functionality

If MiiVerse comes around the same time as XY you can do a similar thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    I actually would like a flying type outrage called Tornado, but more powerful than hurricane to reference the fact that tornadoes actually cause more damage and spin faster than hurricanes even though they are much, much smaller
    I'm currently waiting for Water and Bug typed Outrages because that would balance out Petal Dance (Grass Outrage)
    Maybe Tsunami for Water, and some kind of physical bug stabbing movement for the Bug Outrage.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Bug outrage... swarm? but I think that's an ability..

No idea what such a strong bug move could be called..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

I like how they made "feint" move so that it can always work but reduced base damage. I hope GF will nerf the other priority moves except quick attack by reducing the base damage from 40 to 20 or 15. Bullet punch and mach punch from Scizor and Conkeldurr are just too powerful.

I like how they made "feint" move so that it can always work but reduced base damage. I hope GF will nerf the other priority moves except quick attack by reducing the base damage from 40 to 20 or 15. Bullet punch and mach punch from Scizor and Conkeldurr are just too powerful.
    They're not going to reduce it just because a couple of Pokemon can take more advantage of it. It would screw over everyone else and make the moves essentially useless

I want a move bug type move called buzz saw.
    Could give it to a mechanical hornet with a chainsaw instead of a stinger?

I think I may be getting into Digimon territory..

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    They seem to be reluctant on giving it Flare Blitz to the point that I am rather hoping for a Fire-type Outrage/Thrash to be introduced and added to its learnset.
    That'd be awesome. Kind of OP, though.

You can already do that to some degree in some games (such as HGSS). They should definitely expand on it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That'd be awesome. Kind of OP, though.

You can already do that to some degree in some games (such as HGSS). They should definitely expand on it, though.
    Depend on how the Fire Outrage is distributed, Flareon would be better with it but not broken and if they gave it to Pokémon like Heatran or Camerupt, then it wouldn't be much of an issue. Rapidash would love it along with Entei.

Page 165 of 526 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast