Page 277 of 526 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Funny thing is it's that i don't RNG xD Its waaaayy to confusing for my taste xP

Also im not sure how they will work with the IV and Eevee. They might have like a grade system on each stat and a seperate summary section listing the grade of each stat. Example of what im talking is:

IV 0-8: F
    IV 9-15: D
    IV 16-21: C
    IV 22-29: B
    IV 30: A
    IV 31: A+

It sounds easier than "decent potential", "above average potential" "relatively superior potential" and "outstanding potential"
    That's what I was thinking, and doing that for each individual stat instead of just saying the one that's highest and the total overall.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    That's what I was thinking, and doing that for each individual stat instead of just saying the one that's highest and the total overall.
    See someone knows what im talking about I really hoped thats how they're going to do it.

Also i wonder if Pokemon Amie affects wifi battles

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

See someone knows what im talking about I really hoped thats how they're going to do it.

Also i wonder if Pokemon Amie affects wifi battles
    Yes, yes I do :3 Same here. Otherwise it would end up hardly any different from what we have now, or they would be too visible taking half the fun out of it, and making it too easy.

I expect that Pokémon Amie will just be more like a small extra thing that slightly raises a Pokémon's happiness over time spent feeding or 'playing with' them. Although I am kinda worried it'll end up being DLC only. If it is, then it better not be too expensive.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    Yes, yes I do :3 Same here. Otherwise it would end up hardly any different from what we have now, or they would be too visible taking half the fun out of it, and making it too easy.

I expect that Pokémon Amie will just be more like a small extra thing that slightly raises a Pokémon's happiness over time spent feeding or 'playing with' them. Although I am kinda worried it'll end up being DLC only. If it is, then it better not be too expensive.
    Exactly what i was thinking! You're some kind of psychic xD

I have a feeling pokemon amie is just to attract more kids or girls to play the game <_>

ASB TL 1, 12 TP

I have a feeling pokemon amie is just to attract more kids or girls to play the game <_>
    Maybe, but it also appears to be centerpiece of the whole ''bonding with your Pokemon'' -thing that they've been going on about. I think it's also gimmicky but we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Maybe, but it also appears to be centerpiece of the whole ''bonding with your Pokemon'' -thing that they've been going on about. I think it's also gimmicky but we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.
    I guess so. I wonder why they're trying to emphasise the whole bonding thing so much.. you never know, it might have a hidden function. Well at least it can help you evolve pokemon who evolves on happiness easier <_>

ASB TL 1, 12 TP

What makes you think those aren't part of the demographic already? I know more adult women who play pokemon than adult men. And we ARE talking about a kid's game. Once you get out of the kid's demographic, I think sales are about equal between the genders.

I think it's a fun feature, sort of Hey You, Pikachu! redux. Partly a reference for older players, as well as catering to some of the fun features that the 3DS can provide. First thing I thought of was Harvest Moon for DS and how the hands-on feature played out there for caring for animals. I guess it could be taken as a pokemon take of nintendogs, but it feels more like the Harvest Moon feature, from what I get of video of it.

Then again, I think people who discount what could be called gimmicks are stick in the muds. I loved the puzzley challenge of Pokestar Studios, and I worked hard on contests in Gen III. Pokemon Musical was awful, but the others required a different set of skills.

Amie seems to be intended as XY's version of walking pokemon or amity park - only close up and personal. It's the same kind of "bonding stuff" people have been asking for when they ask for walking pokemon.

I guess so. I wonder why they're trying to emphasise the whole bonding thing so much.. you never know, it might have a hidden function. Well at least it can help you evolve pokemon who evolves on happiness easier <_>
    It's outright stated "Using Pokemon-amie can help your Pokemon get benefits like more critical hits or dodging more attacks." from the Developers roundtable -- It's not like the benefits are hidden at this point. I don't think it'll be the exact same as the happiness mechanic, though. They're emphasizing it being BONDING, not happiness.
    Last edited by Skiddsy; 27th June 2013 at 9:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    What makes you think those aren't part of the demographic already? I know more adult women who play pokemon than adult men. And we ARE talking about a kid's game. Once you get out of the kid's demographic, I think sales are about equal between the genders.

I think it's a fun feature, sort of Hey You, Pikachu! redux. Partly a reference for older players, as well as catering to some of the fun features that the 3DS can provide. First thing I thought of was Harvest Moon for DS and how the hands-on feature played out there for caring for animals. I guess it could be taken as a pokemon take of nintendogs, but it feels more like the Harvest Moon feature, from what I get of video of it.

Then again, I think people who discount what could be called gimmicks are stick in the muds. I loved the puzzley challenge of Pokestar Studios, and I worked hard on contests in Gen III. Pokemon Musical was awful, but the others required a different set of skills.

Amie seems to be intended as XY's version of walking pokemon or amity park - only close up and personal. It's the same kind of "bonding stuff" people have been asking for when they ask for walking pokemon.

It's outright stated "Using Pokemon-amie can help your Pokemon get benefits like more critical hits or dodging more attacks." from the Developers roundtable -- It's not like the benefits are hidden at this point. I don't think it'll be the exact same as the happiness mechanic, though. They're emphasizing it being BONDING, not happiness.
    Now with all this "bonding" talk isn't that basically happiness? Its not really that different. And im not talking about mechanics i mean if they were real creatures then bonding and happiness is practically the same yamsin thing.

And technically some of the benefits still are hidden. They never announced ALL of the benefits so there's still some hidden in a way.

ASB TL 1, 12 TP

Now with all this "bonding" talk isn't that basically happiness? Its not really that different. And im not talking about mechanics i mean if they were real creatures then bonding and happiness is practically the same yamsin thing.

And technically some of the benefits still are hidden. They never announced ALL of the benefits so there's still some hidden in a way.
    Eeeh, well, in my experience working with animals - I've been kennel staff twice - an animal can be totally blissfully content and not really "bonded" to you at all. I feel like they're fairly different things. On the opposite end, with abused animals, they can be miserable, and still tightly bonded to someone. But that's my take from my experience in the field of animal behavior. For instance - take the famous Japanese dog Hachiko - after it's master died, it visited the train station every day where his owner would usually get off (The owner died at work) - they were very strongly bonded, but obviously the animal was in mourning and grieving.

And yeah, some are hidden, but the phrasing going on here was like it was like Amie is fairly useless, when it's definitively not. People ask for ways to more closely interact with their pokemon, and here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Eeeh, well, in my experience working with animals - I've been kennel staff twice - an animal can be totally blissfully content and not really "bonded" to you at all. I feel like they're fairly different things. On the opposite end, with abused animals, they can be miserable, and still tightly bonded to someone. But that's my take from my experience in the field of animal behavior. For instance - take the famous Japanese dog Hachiko - after it's master died, it visited the train station every day where his owner would usually get off (The owner died at work) - they were very strongly bonded, but obviously the animal was in mourning and grieving.

And yeah, some are hidden, but the phrasing going on here was like it was like Amie is fairly useless, when it's definitively not. People ask for ways to more closely interact with their pokemon, and here they are.
    Ok well despite of all you just said and all i just said i just want to know how will it impact battles between actual people.

ASB TL 1, 12 TP

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Personally i feel it is not gimmick at all..it has the potenitall to be better than contests..

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Personally i feel it is not gimmick at all..it has the potenitall to be better than contests..
    Not sure if you have played Dream Drop Distance, but it seems almost identical to how you can interact with your spirits in that.
    And whilst it was fresh and new at first, it does get a bit old as you keep on doing it.. but Pokemon Amie could be different, so we will have to wait and see!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Not sure if you have played Dream Drop Distance, but it seems almost identical to how you can interact with your spirits in that.
    And whilst it was fresh and new at first, it does get a bit old as you keep on doing it.. but Pokemon Amie could be different, so we will have to wait and see!
    You hit it right on the nose; it seems exactly like that.

I think Amie will just be a way to get some temporary power-ups
    like after playing for a bit, the Pokemon's Crit hit rate is doubled for the next (insert number here) turns of battle
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I don't know if it is the right place to put it, but I can't see this thing fit anywhere else.
    On youtube, a person take the E3 trailer et try to make a good qulity of the trainer music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMf28-2gGAM

while hearing this and the music on the "round table" of the E3, it does seems very similar.
    Kiss from Kalos, or maybe France

X team:
    Jiraya the frog (Froakie)
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Caliburn the sword (Honedge)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

Isn't that from that same person who made the "guess" version of the rival theme for bw2? I think so, so even though it won't be completely the same, it would be similar since he composed that based on what he heard inn the trailer
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

What about a Move Level System? I like some moves, due to their effects in battle, but since many of them are too weak, I find myself forced to replace them. i.e Rapid Spin, quite useful but too weak for battles. With a level up system, moves like this can be updated and upgraded, mostly in base power and PP. Move Evolution may be awesome to, like you level up Rapid Spin to lv.3 and it evolves into Vortex Rush (?) with higher Base Pow, PP, Acc and maybe even a different type.

"Karlos, look me in the eyes and tell me you Love Pokemon more than you Love me... I dare you..." -Matthew Knight.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/voboy1.png[/IMG]
    I'm your tiny birdy!! (I drew it)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Region View Post
    What about a Move Level System? I like some moves, due to their effects in battle, but since many of them are too weak, I find myself forced to replace them. i.e Rapid Spin, quite useful but too weak for battles. With a level up system, moves like this can be updated and upgraded, mostly in base power and PP. Move Evolution may be awesome to, like you level up Rapid Spin to lv.3 and it evolves into Vortex Rush (?) with higher Base Pow, PP, Acc and maybe even a different type.
    That would be awesome, highly unlikely to happen, but still awesome.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

What about a Move Level System? I like some moves, due to their effects in battle, but since many of them are too weak, I find myself forced to replace them. i.e Rapid Spin, quite useful but too weak for battles. With a level up system, moves like this can be updated and upgraded, mostly in base power and PP. Move Evolution may be awesome too, like you level up Rapid Spin to lv.3 and it evolves into Vortex Rush (?) with higher Base Pow, PP, Acc and maybe even a different type.
    They do this in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, actually. That'd be a neat feature to bring over to the main games, but they might have to alter it a bit, since it's based on how many times you as a team use that move and that wouldn't make much sense in the main games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    TMs that should be replaced?

Telekinesis
    Frustration (especially THIS)
    Round
    Ally Switch
    Incinerate
    Quash
    Embargo
    Struggle Bug (though I have a feeling this TM will stay and Viola will be the one giving it to us....)
    Psych Up
    Swagger

Good replacements would be the elemental punches/fangs, Water Pulse, Flame Burst, Magical Leaf, Shock Wave, Air Cutter, Dragon Pulse, and Dark Pulse.
    Though some of those might going to be Tutor moves instead......
    With the gen 5 TM set up and the possibility hinted of DLC we might just get TMs for all the moves...
    Last edited by Dragrath; 27th June 2013 at 8:46 PM.
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

What about a Move Level System? I like some moves, due to their effects in battle, but since many of them are too weak, I find myself forced to replace them. i.e Rapid Spin, quite useful but too weak for battles. With a level up system, moves like this can be updated and upgraded, mostly in base power and PP. Move Evolution may be awesome too, like you level up Rapid Spin to lv.3 and it evolves into Vortex Rush (?) with higher Base Pow, PP, Acc and maybe even a different type.
    Dude/dudette, you should like totally work for gf. Wait didnt gf implement that in Pokemon Conquest?

ASB TL 1, 12 TP

It felt clunky as all get out in Gates to Infinity. No thanks from me. I don't want to have to grind moves.

I'm sorry idk where else to ask this but why is SPPF prompting me to change my password?

anyway, I can't wait to see all the pokemon in their 3D models. gliscor looks amazing from what I saw and even amoonguss looked cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I'm sorry idk where else to ask this but why is SPPF prompting me to change my password?

anyway, I can't wait to see all the pokemon in their 3D models. gliscor looks amazing from what I saw and even amoonguss looked cool.
    When I tried to go onto the forum before, it said someone had hacked it.. so maybe that?

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...y-s-Occurances

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    When I tried to go onto the forum before, it said someone had hacked it.. so maybe that?
    thank you both. I'll make sure to change it just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Page 277 of 526 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast