Page 325 of 526 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Here's an idea: You can now nickname traded pokemon but its trainer ID becomes yours and subsequently they lose the 1.5x exp boost that traded pokemon get.
    I never really liked that boost as though it encouraged trading it meant that pokemon gained experience far faster than I want, and it could easily end up trivialising the game if I used it too much. It's definitely useful for pokemon in the Fluctuating egg group because they do require much more exp, but otherwise it actually turns me off using traded pokemon as I'd rather do without the boost to preserve the challenge.
    I have a better idea for the nickname problem, you can nickname any traded Pokemon when you reach a high level of friendship with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I have a better idea for the nickname problem, you can nickname any traded Pokemon when you reach a high level of friendship with them.
    That's not a bad idea actually. But I really can't see why we can't rename them in the first place.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

So according to Pokebeach there was a train station in the trailer which may or may not be the place on the map with the train tracks.

So maybe, like the Battle Subway (or more advanced), trains are another way for transportation?

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    So according to Pokebeach there was a train station in the trailer which may or may not be the place on the map with the train tracks.

So maybe, like the Battle Subway (or more advanced), trains are another way for transportation?
    I would like to see Battle Subway return..but it needs to be changed up

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I would like to see Battle Subway return..but it needs to be changed up
    Maybe besides a battle facility, it can help us get to places that Fly can't.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Does anyone think Charizard will become OU or at least better than NU in sky battles?

Quote Originally Posted by roguedr4g0nite View Post
    Does anyone think Charizard will become OU or at least better than NU in sky battles?
    No b/c Stealth Rock will still exist thanks to Skarmory. Come to think of it, I think Stealth Rock should be banned from Sky Battles (at least in competitive circles). And Stealth Rock needs to be nerfed somehow.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by roguedr4g0nite View Post
    Zapdos says hi lol

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    No b/c Stealth Rock will still exist thanks to Skarmory. Come to think of it, I think Stealth Rock should be banned from Sky Battles (at least in competitive circles). And Stealth Rock needs to be nerfed somehow.
    tbf any flying type is going to get completely owned to anything that has fly/levitate that can learn rock moves, ice beam and thunderbolt

edit

also I hope in the 3rd instalment they create a battle style for water types that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    tbf any flying type is going to get completely owned to anything that has fly/levitate that can learn rock moves, ice beam and thunderbolt

edit

also I hope in the 3rd instalment they create a battle style for water types that would be awesome
    But still, Sky battles definitely seem like an interesting mechanic. Would it just be in-game, or can we have Sky Battles with other people?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

But still, Sky battles definitely seem like an interesting mechanic. Would it just be in-game, or can we have Sky Battles with other people?
    id say over wifi aswel im sure we could rotate battle and triple battle over wifi... I think

id say over wifi aswel im sure we could rotate battle and triple battle over wifi... I think
    Every time they've brought it up & showcased it, it's always been in game

I find the use of cameras on the 3DS coming on this game to be very creative. Who knew they would add that in the future?
    [url=http://dragcave.net/view/01z6M][img]http://dragcave.net/image/01z6M.gif[/img]
    Would you like to take care of your own eggs like I am? If yes, then visit this link: http://dragcave.net/
    Once you create an Account, then you can raise your own eggs!
    Have fun raising your own dragons!

I got Butterfree! :3 (Im a guy)

My favorite Pokemon? LATIOS

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestTrainer58 View Post
    I find the use of cameras on the 3DS coming on this game to be very creative. Who knew they would add that in the future?
    I think HGSS was foreshadowing it lol

But I do hope the Battle Recorder feature is still there but with a few tweaks. If we can upload photos to the Global Link/Social Media, how cool would it be if we could finally upload battle videos to social media/global link? It would make wifi battles a lot better to watch since it's direct feed and the 3D just makes it all the more interesting.

I always found the picture taking spots in HGSS just like a fun little gimmick but I never saw it turning into something more! do you guys reckon we'll be able to take pictures with our pokemon as well? that'd be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nice one!

This is why I never wanted to use any traded Pokémon. The German nicknames are often really ridiculous. I could never take that Pokémon serious...

We probably had that already... but I want to see some price variations. I mean, they could just make a certain Pokéball and especially clothes more expensive in Luminose because it's a big, expensive city... like Paris. And then it'll be cheaper somewhere else in return.
    I also want to see some boutiques with "luxury" clothing.

I'm also in for those little details where you could just sit down at a café and enjoy some cake with one of your Pokémon or go see a movie or an exhibition with your Pokémon to establish your bond...
    Something similiar to Social Links in Persona (if someone knows what I'm talking about).
    So spending time with your favorite ... well... let's say... Fire type could deepen your bond with this Pokémon or the type itself and make this Pokémon or fire type attacks in general a little little bit stronger than usual.

my 3DS-Code: 1779 - 0543 - 6868

Do you think we'll be able to see some of the mechanics from older games returning? In general I would like the berry planting feature back. Maybe with the new graphics we could be able to see it like a normal garden and the berry trees look larger and more distinguishable. I liked the creation of poffins but I never really understood contests. Maybe contests and musicals can exist in the same region after all. Also, it would be good to take our own berries to the dream world to plant them, if the berry feature isn't re-implemented.
    Platinum FC: 1550 7312 4136
    White FC: 1636 5031 1365

Check out my trade shop!

I hope there isn't a 3rd installment. Give us sequels again or go ahead and remake RSE or RB (yes, again, because why not?).

Has anyone read the main page about the up coming wifi tournament?

"If you participate in at least 5 matches, you'll be eligible for entry into the first Pokémon X & Y Battle Competition."

If that's true then there must be some dream world type online function that you register your game to.
    Going to do a spot of EV training for it, I'd like to get a few wins in for a change lol.
    I'm looking for some folk to become 3DS friends with for Pokémon X & Y. Also playing a lot of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. PM me if you'd like to exchange friend codes.

I have a Rock type safari with Nosepass, Pupitar and Rhydon

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterboyAndy View Post
    Has anyone read the main page about the up coming wifi tournament?

"If you participate in at least 5 matches, you'll be eligible for entry into the first Pokémon X & Y Battle Competition."

If that's true then there must be some dream world type online function that you register your game to.
    Going to do a spot of EV training for it, I'd like to get a few wins in for a change lol.
    We knew that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We knew that for a while.
    And we've known that XY has a Global Link, anyway

Which is a different thing from the Dream World

With the new Fairy type, Hidden Power would have to be changed to be able to use that type. But instead of messing around with the calculations with IVs (Since that would change the types and power of already existing Hidden Powers), why not make it a flat 70 base power and we can change it's type in-game? Would that be fair? (Especially for those that don't have the time to breed a long time to get the right IVs for the correct Hidden Power type and power)

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I hope Pokeradar is reintroduced. One of the best things about D/P/PL
    Friend Code: 2750-1403-6302
    Espurr, Abra and Xatu
    Please PM me if you add me

LF:
    I am looking for 4/5 IV
    Froakie or Frogadier, Protean, Timid
    Anything else you want to offer.
    FT:
    I have tonnes of 3/4/5 IV
    Torchic, Speed Boost, Jolly
    Bulbasaur, Chloropyll or Overgrow, Timid
    Honedge, No Guard, Brave

PM if interest

Pokedex: COMPLETE

<3 Flygon, Lucario, Greninja <3

Quote Originally Posted by Harry12 View Post
    I hope Pokeradar is reintroduced. One of the best things about D/P/PL
    This. A million times around. I loved pokeradar so much and with my luck and (lack of) patience, it brought me my only shinies I've ever had bar a recent emolga that I traded away. It'd be cool if you could chain hordes lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Maybe once they are set up, they have three uses and then they disappear and have to be put up again?
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Page 325 of 526 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast