Page 10 of 526 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I remember his animation for Blaze Kick being him doing a frontflip as he kicked, while for other moves, like Sky Uppercut, used the one where he seemed to punch forward. As for Lucario, I'm more confident that his Aura Sphere animation is only used for that. I think Palkia had something similar with Aura Sphere, but I'm not betting anything on that one. Regardless, I'm not going to put much more thought forward on unique move animations like that for these games.
    I'm thinking of the same animation, I can't remember what it used for Sky Uppercut to be sure, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    What do we reckon to being able to turn off the move animations like we can on B/W2? It sped up battling by a surprising amount, if I can't do it with this what appears to be even longer battle animation I'll be disappointed.
    It's been an option from the beginning, don't see why it'd go away.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a Corner, Crying
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    What do we reckon to being able to turn off the move animations like we can on B/W2? It sped up battling by a surprising amount, if I can't do it with this what appears to be even longer battle animation I'll be disappointed.
    I'm sure we can. The options been in the game since the beginning, I don't know why they'd take it out now.
    No sig. Deal with it.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,800

    Default

    Why would you turn it off when we finally get good animations? Besides, it looks like it's moving faster than I thought it would. I'm sure there will be some feature to hurry it more though.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I'm sure we can. The options been in the game since the beginning, I don't know why they'd take it out now.
    I had doubts just because of the whole 3D thing, I couldn't imagine this or say Colosseum without the moves being shown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Why would you turn it off when we finally get good animations? Besides, it looks like it's moving faster than I thought it would. I'm sure there will be some feature to hurry it more though.
    Personally I prefer to speed up the battle process, it's cool for a few battles to see it I guess but too flashy and too time consuming for me personally.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    Personally I prefer to speed up the battle process, it's cool for a few battles to see it I guess but too flashy and too time consuming for me personally.
    You can turn them off in Colosseum too, I think.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can turn them off in Colosseum too, I think.
    I did not know this, I enjoyed playing Colosseum because it was a 3D version of the battle play we get in game but I think if the whole time I was playing it was like this I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nobody from Nowhere
    Posts
    653

    Default

    I think the overworld looks great, to be honest. What I'm worried about is the graphics used in battles; it looks a little too different in my opinion.
    Plus, it didn't seem like they'd be sprites anymore; no sprite mixing!
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:



    If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm thinking of the same animation, I can't remember what it used for Sky Uppercut to be sure, though.
    Hm...well, I'm not the best at description, but I recall his wrists flaring up as he raised both arms backwards and then him punching forward. I think I'm dragging this idea a little too long. >.<

    A thought I've been wondering about is what role HM's will play out of battle in these games. They were very minimally needed to progress in 5th gen, and I'm sure they'll continue to keep them used primarily for extras. The idea of a new useful HM would be interesting to see, but I can't imagine anything that could be done. Also, I'd like to see if Cut's effects become permanent like Strength, should that carry over as well.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  9. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I think the overworld looks great, to be honest. What I'm worried about is the graphics used in battles; it looks a little too different in my opinion.
    Plus, it didn't seem like they'd be sprites anymore; no sprite mixing!
    They're definitely not sprites any more. It's all cel-shaded models.

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Hm...well, I'm not the best at description, but I recall his wrists flaring up as he raised both arms backwards and then him punching forward. I think I'm dragging this idea a little too long. >.<
    I remember that one now too, but you're right, we probably have dragged this through the mud enough.

    A thought I've been wondering about is what role HM's will play out of battle in these games. They were very minimally needed to progress in 5th gen, and I'm sure they'll continue to keep them used primarily for extras. The idea of a new useful HM would be interesting to see, but I can't imagine anything that could be done. Also, I'd like to see if Cut's effects become permanent like Strength, should that carry over as well.
    I'd like HMs to disappear in the sense that they're moved that can't be deleted conventionally once taught. The moves themselves are good, but if they're going to make them near obsolete they might as well make them normal moves.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    665

    Default

    i also hope they just have the difficulty option at the start. i didn't get b/w2, so i really don't know how big an impact the difficulty setting made the game.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a Corner, Crying
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Hm...well, I'm not the best at description, but I recall his wrists flaring up as he raised both arms backwards and then him punching forward. I think I'm dragging this idea a little too long. >.<

    A thought I've been wondering about is what role HM's will play out of battle in these games. They were very minimally needed to progress in 5th gen, and I'm sure they'll continue to keep them used primarily for extras. The idea of a new useful HM would be interesting to see, but I can't imagine anything that could be done. Also, I'd like to see if Cut's effects become permanent like Strength, should that carry over as well.
    HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    i also hope they just have the difficulty option at the start. i didn't get b/w2, so i really don't know how big an impact the difficulty setting made the game.
    Yeah, I don't see why they didn't put the difficulty options at the beginning. They also shouldn't be version exclusive.
    No sig. Deal with it.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,922

    Default

    I agree. I never bothered playing either game again once I'd finished Black 2 and actually unlocked the harder difficulty. Having it available from the start makes more sense. Though I can understand why they did it, to make you play through the game for something you want. Something else to entice you.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #238

    Default

    I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they will allow you to transfer Pokemon...my white 2 has literally 9 teams from various games on it. I will be so upset if I am unable to transfer my year long work to future generations. It will still be awesome though, I saw a dratini in the trailer which is one of my top 10 Pokemon.
    Ive claimed the beast of the sea. Now feel my wrath!


  14. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklugiaowner View Post
    I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they will allow you to transfer Pokemon...my white 2 has literally 9 teams from various games on it. I will be so upset if I am unable to transfer my year long work to future generations. It will still be awesome though, I saw a dratini in the trailer which is one of my top 10 Pokemon.
    i really don't think you need to worry, as long as the games are made they will have a way to transfer.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    I hope the medal system returns. And it looks like pokemon following you will have to wait again.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklugiaowner View Post
    I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they will allow you to transfer Pokemon...my white 2 has literally 9 teams from various games on it. I will be so upset if I am unable to transfer my year long work to future generations. It will still be awesome though, I saw a dratini in the trailer which is one of my top 10 Pokemon.
    I think that it goes without saying you will be able to transfer Pokémon, surely? Or is there some DS to 3DS complication I'm unaware of?

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'd like HMs to disappear in the sense that they're moved that can't be deleted conventionally once taught. The moves themselves are good, but if they're going to make them near obsolete they might as well make them normal moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.

    I forgot about that, but yes, being unable to delete them conventionally was a bother. It was nice to see Flash deviate from that, in that it still has use, but is no longer an HM. It was nice being able to teach my Chandelure Flash in Wellspring Cave to light things up, then immediately reteach Flamethrower, so I wouldn't have to go back for a pokemon, only to waste a spot. Should HM's stay as they are, I would like to see Cut get a buff, at least in battle.

    Yeah, I don't see why they didn't put the difficulty options at the beginning. They also shouldn't be version exclusive.
    Being version-exclusive was annoying, and I'm sure Easy Mode isn't needed on a Pokemon game anyway, so that way even more frustrating. More so that I can't change difficulty from the start, but at least we can change it whenever.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  18. #243
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    I think that it goes without saying you will be able to transfer Pokémon, surely? Or is there some DS to 3DS complication I'm unaware of?
    Nope, it's definitely possible. Just a matter of whether they implement it, and if they do, how.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 9th January 2013 at 2:34 AM.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nope, it's definitely possible. Just a matter of whether the implement it, and if they do, how.
    they did it with the advance to ds fine

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have a sneaking suspicion that this game won't be backwards compatible. My suspicion for that decision would be for GF to have a reason to make the RSE remakes.
    Currently, there isn't really much reason that they should do so, as you can get all of the Hoenn pokemon from the Gen IV + V games.
    The rest of the pokemon missing then would most likely be obtained from a similar DW-esque website, or other main series games in the gen VI line (Pokemon Z, etc.)

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanhunter View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this game won't be backwards compatible. My suspicion for that decision would be for GF to have a reason to make the RSE remakes.
    Currently, there isn't really much reason that they should do so, as you can get all of the Hoenn pokemon from the Gen IV + V games.
    The rest of the pokemon missing then would most likely be obtained from a similar DW-esque website, or other main series games in the gen VI line (Pokemon Z, etc.)
    you don't think money would be a reason for them not to want to remake the games.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    On the 3rd planet from the Sun
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.
    I don't think HMs should just disappear. But maybe some moves could have the same field affects, like slash or false swipe for cut, to make them better in battles.
    Name: Leaf Pokemon White friend code: 0518-6577-9216
    My White Team: My White 2 Team:
    My Y Team: Delphox Furfrou Yveltal

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,726

    Default

    we are in 2013.. i'm pretty sure a way to transfer pokemon will be in..

    the reason we could not tansfer from gen 2 to 3 is because of natures and all the values they all had to have.

    I mean the whole ninendo direct was about how the franchise have grown over the years.. not being able to tansfer pokemon in 2013 would be a HUGE step backwards
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 9th January 2013 at 2:53 AM.


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I miss the pokethlon fomr Hg/Ss, but I doubt that will come back. I hope we have an option to leave run on this time. That was a big step backward from Hg/Ss to B/W

    Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Guys, I wouldn't be so worried about Poketransferring. After all *Genius Sorority came up with the Pokemon Battle Revolution after Diamond and Pearl and you're still able to transfer data between DS cart and a Wii CD. 3DS cart and DS cart communication should be possible then.

Page 10 of 526 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •