Page 10 of 526 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I remember his animation for Blaze Kick being him doing a frontflip as he kicked, while for other moves, like Sky Uppercut, used the one where he seemed to punch forward. As for Lucario, I'm more confident that his Aura Sphere animation is only used for that. I think Palkia had something similar with Aura Sphere, but I'm not betting anything on that one. Regardless, I'm not going to put much more thought forward on unique move animations like that for these games.
    I'm thinking of the same animation, I can't remember what it used for Sky Uppercut to be sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PokéLiam69 View Post
    What do we reckon to being able to turn off the move animations like we can on B/W2? It sped up battling by a surprising amount, if I can't do it with this what appears to be even longer battle animation I'll be disappointed.
    It's been an option from the beginning, don't see why it'd go away.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What do we reckon to being able to turn off the move animations like we can on B/W2? It sped up battling by a surprising amount, if I can't do it with this what appears to be even longer battle animation I'll be disappointed.
    I'm sure we can. The options been in the game since the beginning, I don't know why they'd take it out now.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Why would you turn it off when we finally get good animations? Besides, it looks like it's moving faster than I thought it would. I'm sure there will be some feature to hurry it more though.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I'm sure we can. The options been in the game since the beginning, I don't know why they'd take it out now.
    I had doubts just because of the whole 3D thing, I couldn't imagine this or say Colosseum without the moves being shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Why would you turn it off when we finally get good animations? Besides, it looks like it's moving faster than I thought it would. I'm sure there will be some feature to hurry it more though.
    Personally I prefer to speed up the battle process, it's cool for a few battles to see it I guess but too flashy and too time consuming for me personally.

Personally I prefer to speed up the battle process, it's cool for a few battles to see it I guess but too flashy and too time consuming for me personally.
    You can turn them off in Colosseum too, I think.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can turn them off in Colosseum too, I think.
    I did not know this, I enjoyed playing Colosseum because it was a 3D version of the battle play we get in game but I think if the whole time I was playing it was like this I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I think the overworld looks great, to be honest. What I'm worried about is the graphics used in battles; it looks a little too different in my opinion.
    Plus, it didn't seem like they'd be sprites anymore; no sprite mixing!
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I'm thinking of the same animation, I can't remember what it used for Sky Uppercut to be sure, though.
    Hm...well, I'm not the best at description, but I recall his wrists flaring up as he raised both arms backwards and then him punching forward. I think I'm dragging this idea a little too long. >.<

A thought I've been wondering about is what role HM's will play out of battle in these games. They were very minimally needed to progress in 5th gen, and I'm sure they'll continue to keep them used primarily for extras. The idea of a new useful HM would be interesting to see, but I can't imagine anything that could be done. Also, I'd like to see if Cut's effects become permanent like Strength, should that carry over as well.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I think the overworld looks great, to be honest. What I'm worried about is the graphics used in battles; it looks a little too different in my opinion.
    Plus, it didn't seem like they'd be sprites anymore; no sprite mixing!
    They're definitely not sprites any more. It's all cel-shaded models.

Hm...well, I'm not the best at description, but I recall his wrists flaring up as he raised both arms backwards and then him punching forward. I think I'm dragging this idea a little too long. >.<
    I remember that one now too, but you're right, we probably have dragged this through the mud enough.

A thought I've been wondering about is what role HM's will play out of battle in these games. They were very minimally needed to progress in 5th gen, and I'm sure they'll continue to keep them used primarily for extras. The idea of a new useful HM would be interesting to see, but I can't imagine anything that could be done. Also, I'd like to see if Cut's effects become permanent like Strength, should that carry over as well.
    I'd like HMs to disappear in the sense that they're moved that can't be deleted conventionally once taught. The moves themselves are good, but if they're going to make them near obsolete they might as well make them normal moves.

i also hope they just have the difficulty option at the start. i didn't get b/w2, so i really don't know how big an impact the difficulty setting made the game.

HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    i also hope they just have the difficulty option at the start. i didn't get b/w2, so i really don't know how big an impact the difficulty setting made the game.
    Yeah, I don't see why they didn't put the difficulty options at the beginning. They also shouldn't be version exclusive.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I agree. I never bothered playing either game again once I'd finished Black 2 and actually unlocked the harder difficulty. Having it available from the start makes more sense. Though I can understand why they did it, to make you play through the game for something you want. Something else to entice you.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they will allow you to transfer Pokemon...my white 2 has literally 9 teams from various games on it. I will be so upset if I am unable to transfer my year long work to future generations. It will still be awesome though, I saw a dratini in the trailer which is one of my top 10 Pokemon.
    Ive claimed the beast of the sea. Now feel my wrath!

Quote Originally Posted by Darklugiaowner View Post
    I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they will allow you to transfer Pokemon...my white 2 has literally 9 teams from various games on it. I will be so upset if I am unable to transfer my year long work to future generations. It will still be awesome though, I saw a dratini in the trailer which is one of my top 10 Pokemon.
    i really don't think you need to worry, as long as the games are made they will have a way to transfer.

I hope the medal system returns. And it looks like pokemon following you will have to wait again.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Darklugiaowner View Post
    I think that it goes without saying you will be able to transfer Pokémon, surely? Or is there some DS to 3DS complication I'm unaware of?

I'd like HMs to disappear in the sense that they're moved that can't be deleted conventionally once taught. The moves themselves are good, but if they're going to make them near obsolete they might as well make them normal moves.
    HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.

I forgot about that, but yes, being unable to delete them conventionally was a bother. It was nice to see Flash deviate from that, in that it still has use, but is no longer an HM. It was nice being able to teach my Chandelure Flash in Wellspring Cave to light things up, then immediately reteach Flamethrower, so I wouldn't have to go back for a pokemon, only to waste a spot. Should HM's stay as they are, I would like to see Cut get a buff, at least in battle.

Yeah, I don't see why they didn't put the difficulty options at the beginning. They also shouldn't be version exclusive.
    Being version-exclusive was annoying, and I'm sure Easy Mode isn't needed on a Pokemon game anyway, so that way even more frustrating. More so that I can't change difficulty from the start, but at least we can change it whenever.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I think that it goes without saying you will be able to transfer Pokémon, surely? Or is there some DS to 3DS complication I'm unaware of?
    Nope, it's definitely possible. Just a matter of whether they implement it, and if they do, how.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 9th January 2013 at 2:34 AM.

Nope, it's definitely possible. Just a matter of whether the implement it, and if they do, how.
    they did it with the advance to ds fine

I have a sneaking suspicion that this game won't be backwards compatible. My suspicion for that decision would be for GF to have a reason to make the RSE remakes.
    Currently, there isn't really much reason that they should do so, as you can get all of the Hoenn pokemon from the Gen IV + V games.
    The rest of the pokemon missing then would most likely be obtained from a similar DW-esque website, or other main series games in the gen VI line (Pokemon Z, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanhunter View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this game won't be backwards compatible. My suspicion for that decision would be for GF to have a reason to make the RSE remakes.
    Currently, there isn't really much reason that they should do so, as you can get all of the Hoenn pokemon from the Gen IV + V games.
    The rest of the pokemon missing then would most likely be obtained from a similar DW-esque website, or other main series games in the gen VI line (Pokemon Z, etc.)
    you don't think money would be a reason for them not to want to remake the games.

I don't think HMs should just disappear. But maybe some moves could have the same field affects, like slash or false swipe for cut, to make them better in battles.
    Name: Leaf Pokemon White friend code: 0518-6577-9216
    My White Team: My White 2 Team:
    My Y Team: Delphox Furfrou Yveltal

we are in 2013.. i'm pretty sure a way to transfer pokemon will be in..

the reason we could not tansfer from gen 2 to 3 is because of natures and all the values they all had to have.

I mean the whole ninendo direct was about how the franchise have grown over the years.. not being able to tansfer pokemon in 2013 would be a HUGE step backwards
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 9th January 2013 at 2:53 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I miss the pokethlon fomr Hg/Ss, but I doubt that will come back. I hope we have an option to leave run on this time. That was a big step backward from Hg/Ss to B/W

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

Guys, I wouldn't be so worried about Poketransferring. After all *Genius Sorority came up with the Pokemon Battle Revolution after Diamond and Pearl and you're still able to transfer data between DS cart and a Wii CD. 3DS cart and DS cart communication should be possible then.

Page 10 of 526 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast