Page 100 of 526 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You know...I was thinking, instead of having gambling references and to have a fresh breath away from Game Corner. Why not have an arcade? It would give many minigame options (such as Pinball as you mentioned), and the rewards could involve getting X amounts of tokens depending on how high your scores are. You could then send the tokens in for TMs/Items/Dolls/Etc.

    Now that would be something.
    That was what I meant with "game place", I forgot the word 'Arcade' hahaha


    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

        Spoiler:- Seeking:

        Spoiler:- Offering:

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    582

    Default

    These are Hopefully the HMs for this Game

    Cut:Trees are small wilted trees,and webs by Joltik and Spinerak evolution Lines
    Surf:Basically the Same but every Pokémon has their own Surf sprite coded into the Game
    Fly:Pinning on the Map of where you want to go like the predessessors,and every Pokémon has a coded sprite
    Dig:You can go to different levels easily in Caves
    Dive:Same as Usual,but since it is in 3D you can go downwards Too
    Strength:Used to move boulders and Crack cracked walls
    Waterfall:Same,but there are certain spots to propel upwards
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

    Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    I agree with wanting individual sprites for each Surfing Pokemon but I'm unaware as to what capacity the cartridge reaches, (probably irrelevant,) in any case it would be a good idea; I never like seeing the generic surfing water Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Well, I much enjoy the online battling the Pokemon games provide. I like PvP elements, so therefor battling another player is way more interesting than just another ingame trainer.
    But since Black/White 1 I got really annoyed by the fact that, when trying Random Match-up, 9 out of ten games is versus a Japanese player and 9 out of 10 japanese players all use the same setup. Always Rotom, always one of the Thundurus 3 or their alternate forms, always Metagross and always Cresselia. That just becomes a bore. Also it's become quite obvious that every player uses PokeGen to create maxed out pokemon so for "fair" players like me, there no chance of winning at all.

    Now this is the X/Y thread, I'm not confused :P What I hope in the next gen games is some sort of system that gives optional region selections. Something like a server filter option. A way a player can choose wether he/she wants to battle someone from Europe/US/Asia only, or worldwide. Because according to the stats of Pokemon-GL, around 22,000 people are playing this game in my country alone, at least 10 of 'em are listed in the GBU ratings. Yet I hardly ever get to battle one from Europe, let alone someone from my country.
    In my opinion they really need to change this random match-up system. Now, I don't mind losing, don't get me wrong; but losing 12 times battling 12 different opponents but all 12 of 'em use the same OU and OP pokemon.. that's just starting to feel lame..

    After all, one might think the Pokémon online community is pretty big, so GF could focus a bit more on the playbility of their online features.

    EDIT: I also think they should let the disconnecting partner get a loss and the other party a win. Because it's super lame, to disconnect when you lost a match. Because of this I missed 3 of the 4 wins I got the past 2 days.. not quite fair.
    Last edited by Trainer Grey; 24th February 2013 at 3:35 PM.
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    somewhere over the...anime
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I agree with wanting individual sprites for each Surfing Pokemon but I'm unaware as to what capacity the cartridge reaches, (probably irrelevant,) in any case it would be a good idea; I never like seeing the generic surfing water Pokemon.
    I believe the specs for the cartridge were able to reach a size similar to either a Wii or PS2/GC game. So, if done correctly, it could easily reach the scale of a KH or FF game. Though it's still early on, so we might not be able to get the best deal since most developers are probably still unfamiliar with the system, just like they are with every other new system (console or handheld), and then they gradually get more developed by the end of their lives (look at PS3 and Xbox360 games now and compare them to what they were like 7 years ago.)
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

    Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius


    2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

    Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

        Spoiler:- :


  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You know...I was thinking, instead of having gambling references and to have a fresh breath away from Game Corner. Why not have an arcade? It would give many minigame options (such as Pinball as you mentioned), and the rewards could involve getting X amounts of tokens depending on how high your scores are. You could then send the tokens in for TMs/Items/Dolls/Etc.

    Now that would be something.
    They could call it the PokeCheese. lol
    DRZLy Goodness

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kalos! Exploring ze impossible
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    I believe the specs for the cartridge were able to reach a size similar to either a Wii or PS2/GC game. So, if done correctly, it could easily reach the scale of a KH or FF game. Though it's still early on, so we might not be able to get the best deal since most developers are probably still unfamiliar with the system, just like they are with every other new system (console or handheld), and then they gradually get more developed by the end of their lives (look at PS3 and Xbox360 games now and compare them to what they were like 7 years ago.)
    With that size, couldn't they (in theory) make a game with actual voices, great CoD/MW3 graphics? It would be an amazing game, even if it took several years. I think the graphics alone would keep me playing, then if they had at least some sizable post-game stuffs to do, I could play the game for close to 3 years, enough for them to make a new amazing game, right?

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Number one, i want to see more hyper beam-ish moves. then number two, i want to see more special based flying moves. number three, i want a anti-repel item; in that you spray it on like a repel, but it does the exact opposite. that's my pokemon xy wish list for now. i feel like number 2 is a good chance if the legendary that looks like a bird ends up flying.
    My Zangoose is loose!!! Oh no, someone's Zangoose is going to be cooked.

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kalos! Exploring ze impossible
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I want a Safari Zone. Since we're gonna have the capability to catch other gen's 'mons, we should get a SZ.

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    I know most could care less for a move like this,
    But id like them to add a move or ability called Passion or HeartAche.
    Any pokemon on the field that is Infatuated looses 12.5% of there health.
    I feel that infatuation needs more of a niche, and usage, along with giving abilities like Cute Charm, some longevity...
    IDK just a idea.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I hope they bring the Battle Frontier back! I really liked the different ways of earning BP like in HG/SS more than the Battle Subway in B/W & B/W2. It was too repetitive for me.
    I would love the Battle Frontier return to Pokemon games and maybe with online options like competitive Battle Tower features and highscores and what not.
    Also, I still really miss the pokemon following the trainer option. I just had to say it :P
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    With that size, couldn't they (in theory) make a game with actual voices, great CoD/MW3 graphics? It would be an amazing game, even if it took several years. I think the graphics alone would keep me playing, then if they had at least some sizable post-game stuffs to do, I could play the game for close to 3 years, enough for them to make a new amazing game, right?
    A 3DS cartridge can only store up to 8GB of memory and the graphic capabilities of the 3DS don't even reach the GameCube, so don't get your hopes too high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    I hope they bring the Battle Frontier back! I really liked the different ways of earning BP like in HG/SS more than the Battle Subway in B/W & B/W2. It was too repetitive for me.
    I would love the Battle Frontier return to Pokemon games and maybe with online options like competitive Battle Tower features and highscores and what not.
    Also, I still really miss the pokemon following the trainer option. I just had to say it :P
    Those two things have been said about, lets say.... 3,000 times :I

    Am i the only one who, wants better shaders for the game? C'mon the shaders of the 3ds surpasses the WII! The art style is fine but, the shaders? Nope, way to cartoony. They could do way more with the shaders to make the game look better
    Last edited by Wulava; 25th February 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Triple post
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    Am i the only one who, wants better shaders for the game? C'mon the shaders of the 3ds surpasses the WII! The art style is fine but, the shaders? Nope, way to cartoony. They could do way more with the shaders to make the game look better
    Well that is why GF used those shaders, so that it would look more cartoony. I think that's best otherwise it may end up looking like Stadium, which was not good.

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Well that is why GF used those shaders, so that it would look more cartoony. I think that's best otherwise it may end up looking like Stadium, which was not good.
    Stadium not good? Becareful when you go to sleep >. Anyways, I guess you're right with the shaders.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    Those two things have been said about, lets say.... 3,000 times :I
    I know, I just couldn't sleep right without mentioning it at least once ;-)
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  16. #2491
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Well that is why GF used those shaders, so that it would look more cartoony. I think that's best otherwise it may end up looking like Stadium, which was not good.
    Actually, for being the first 3D battling game, Stadium looked rather well. And this was 1998.

  17. #2492
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Actually, for being the first 3D battling game, Stadium looked rather well. And this was 1998.
    But, you wouldn't want that type of graphics now.

  18. #2493
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    But, you wouldn't want that type of graphics now.
    Yea, of course I wouldn't. xD They're more advanced now. So, they should be able to go all out.

  19. #2494
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I appreciate the cell-shaded style their using for the battles in X/Y. That really suits Pokémon. I am very curious about the game, and what new gameplay features GF can come up with. Though I am less excited for another gen of new Pokémon though.
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  20. #2495
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,914

    Default

    Hmm I was thinking, what if we got a cooking minigame with your Pokemon? I mean consider how the Musicals and Pokewood are based on Broadway and Hollywood, which are America's two biggest musical and movie areas, I wouldn't past GF to give us some sort of cooking sidequest to play. Of course I'm saying this cause the other option would a Pokemon Fashion show, and I know that's something I definitely don't want.
    BLAH

  21. #2496
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Hmm I was thinking, what if we got a cooking minigame with your Pokemon? I mean consider how the Musicals and Pokewood are based on Broadway and Hollywood, which are America's two biggest musical and movie areas, I wouldn't past GF to give us some sort of cooking sidequest to play. Of course I'm saying this cause the other option would a Pokemon Fashion show, and I know that's something I definitely don't want.
    Unless GF makes it different from the other cooking games if seen, this would be stupid. But, that's just me. I'm sure other would like it. That's always the case with the side-quest thing.

    Though, it's not a bad idea and I can see GF doing this.

  22. #2497
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuff View Post
    Number one, i want to see more hyper beam-ish moves. then number two, i want to see more special based flying moves. number three, i want a anti-repel item; in that you spray it on like a repel, but it does the exact opposite. that's my pokemon xy wish list for now. i feel like number 2 is a good chance if the legendary that looks like a bird ends up flying.
    Anti-Repel? I don't really see the point in it, if it's the opposite then it would just raise the chance of encounter Pokemon, it's not like it's hard to run into a Pokemon in the wild, plus there's already a few ways to increase chances of encountering Pokemon. Maybe a spray that attracts Pokemon of a certain type would be better to increase odds of encountering them(I think Magnet Pull is the only thing to increase the odds of a certain type being encountered).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  23. #2498
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Unless GF makes it different from the other cooking games if seen, this would be stupid. But, that's just me. I'm sure other would like it. That's always the case with the side-quest thing.

    Though, it's not a bad idea and I can see GF doing this.
    They could have you cooking with your Pokemon. The way I see it they could add some flair to cooking of course, like stylish ways to chop things up, or using certain elemental moves to add some creative flair to certain dishes. As a Poke-chef you would gain rank stars(like a 1 star chef and so on) based on the cook offs you win and such. Perhaps even bring back the ribbons for awarding the dishes and what not.
    BLAH

  24. #2499
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    They could have you cooking with your Pokemon. The way I see it they could add some flair to cooking of course, like stylish ways to chop things up, or using certain elemental moves to add some creative flair to certain dishes. As a Poke-chef you would gain rank stars(like a 1 star chef and so on) based on the cook offs you win and such. Perhaps even bring back the ribbons for awarding the dishes and what not.
    Hmmmm... this could work. I'm thinking with this new stuff, it would open the door for some evo method. Eevee evolves into Sylveon by cooking !!
    Last edited by carboncopy; 25th February 2013 at 3:53 PM.

  25. #2500
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    A 3DS cartridge can only store up to 8GB of memory and the graphic capabilities of the 3DS don't even reach the GameCube, so don't get your hopes too high.

    Those two things have been said about, lets say.... 3,000 times :I

    Am i the only one who, wants better shaders for the game? C'mon the shaders of the 3ds surpasses the WII! The art style is fine but, the shaders? Nope, way to cartoony. They could do way more with the shaders to make the game look better
    The shaders of Pokédex 3D look way better than this, indeed. I wish they used them... ;_;

Page 100 of 526 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •