Page 103 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Since we're going to see physical moves actually make contact on these games, I think the animations of certain Pokemon should be changed. Like when Raichu does Volt Tackle in Battle Revolution, it runs on its hind legs, I thought it was supposed to get on all fours and charge into its opponent. It's nothing big, I just thought it was weird. And the running of Grovyle and Sceptile. xD
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 27th February 2013 at 9:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Since we're going to see physical moves actually make contact on these games, I think the animations of certain Pokemon should be changed. Like when Raichu does Volt Tackle in Battle Revolution, it runs on its hind legs, I thought it was supposed to get on all fours and charge into its opponent. It's not big, I just thought it was weird. And the running of Grovyle and Sceptile. xD
    Would be a great addition
    I was playing battle revolution afew days ago and it is a little weird when things like that happen
    But ultimately I don't see it as that big a deal.
    And I don't think gf would do this much work depending on each move.

Seriously cannot wait for this game! Its going to be amazing!

As for gameplay.
    Id like to see the evolution screen! Really curious about this, would love it to improve greatly and work something like the anime very dramatic.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    But ultimately I don't see it as that big a deal.
    And I don't think gf would do this much work depending on each move.
    I think it's possible for them to change a few things. For popular Pokemon like Pikachu that is, I don't know how popular Raichu is to Pikachu. But, if it's not changed, I'll live.
    As for gameplay.
    Id like to see the evolution screen! Really curious about this, would love it to improve greatly and work something like the anime very dramatic.
    That I would definitely like. Morphing is the way to go. Well, with the anime, they evolve kind of different now, it's like they turn blue, then they're crushed down into blue mush and then they start evolving.

They were playing on doing it with Gen. 3 but it never happen, but recently the dream world is putting another move slot:http://25.media.tumblr.com/300b9a6fc...bjwgo1_500.jpg

Can Gen. 6 introduce a five move slot?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    They were playing on doing it with Gen. 3 but it never happen, but recently the dream world is putting another move slot:http://25.media.tumblr.com/300b9a6fc...bjwgo1_500.jpg

I never really checked my PGL account... maybe that's for the Hold Item? I dunno...

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I forgot which gen, but there was an interview that included that there was a discussion by the devs about implementing a fifth move. It got trashed, but it doesnt mean it wont ever happen.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I never really checked my PGL account... maybe that's for the Hold Item? I dunno...
    This pic. doesn't belong to be...but I also when into my PGL and it appear in my account too!! The tumblr user just told me this began appearing in the last updated of the dream world page...can someone confirmed this?

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    I forgot which gen, but there was an interview that included that there was a discussion by the devs about implementing a fifth move. It got trashed, but it doesnt mean it wont ever happen.
    It was gen 3. Masuda said he tried to change the formula by adding 5 or 6 moves and change the gym quest thing. It didn't work out er well, so they scraped it. That's why I feel they won't add another move. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I have a feeling X and Y will be doing something big. Odds are that they didn't just hype the hell out of these games just because "OMG 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!". There's probably going to be doing something way more revolutionary with these games.
    You are so freaking right! I so wanted three-way single, double and triple battles to happen!

What about a unique move for each evolution line?

We could also have the Battle frontier but with the battle-subway just being one of the frontier brain places, the battle frontier could be some-kind of plaza like in HG and SS. Contests could also be held there along with a pokéathlon arena!

A Street pass feature could be used where, say you pass another person who plays X or Y then you get data to challenge them and their Pokemon in their battlebox or their party, I would call this part of the BF plaza, the "street challenger" and for each person you beat you receive 1 BP.

We could also have Bike and Skating Arenas to race against other NPC's or your friends! I have so many Ideas!
    Last edited by Hakunamawatta; 28th February 2013 at 3:50 PM. Reason: Typo
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    It was gen 3. Masuda said he tried to change the formula by adding 5 or 6 moves and change the gym quest thing. It didn't work out er well, so they scraped it. That's why I feel they won't add another move. I could be wrong though.
    Ahh, thanks. But yea, i don't mind them making new changes. As long as it doesn't mess up the gameplay formula. The only thig need changing is how IV's work, in my opinion.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

I'm guessing the Dex will look like
    The official pokedex app for iOS
    All Pokemon in 3d
    Can't see sprites staying at all

http://a8.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/...320x480-75.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    Ahh, thanks. But yea, i don't mind them making new changes. As long as it doesn't mess up the gameplay formula. The only thig need changing is how IV's work, in my opinion.
    The only thing I don't like is your Pokemon that journey with you have mixed IVs and you can't choose what you like to train up...
    Maybe they could put a setting on to allow or not allow points
    But I doubt it
    I don't really care actually I'd rather use pokewmon for my journey, when I think too much like if points ect it starts to become a chore and not fun...
    But that's my opinon
    Last edited by adamfitz; 28th February 2013 at 6:49 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I kind of doubt it. That would probably complicate movesets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    You are so freaking right! I so wanted three-way single, double and triple battles to happen!

What about a unique move for each evolution line?

We could also have the Battle frontier but with the battle-subway just being one of the frontier brain places, the battle frontier could be some-kind of plaza like in HG and SS. Contests could also be held there along with a pokéathlon arena!

A Street pass feature could be used where, say you pass another person who plays X or Y then you get data to challenge them and their Pokemon in their battlebox or their party, I would call this part of the BF plaza, the "street challenger" and for each person you beat you receive 1 BP.

We could also have Bike and Skating Arenas to race against other NPC's or your friends! I have so many Ideas!
    These are some pretty neat ideas, but not what I meant by "revolutionary". I'm thinking there's going to be some fundamental change in gameplay mechanics, like how 3rd gen introduced abilities and natures. The "stronger your bond, stronger your Pokemon become" thing could be it, I think.

I'm guessing the Dex will look like
    The official pokedex app for iOS
    All Pokemon in 3d
    Can't see sprites staying at all

http://a8.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/...320x480-75.jpg
    That's what I'm thinking, that XY's Pokedex will function like Pokedex 3D's. Complete 3D models, detailed information for the Pokemon you capture, etc.

The only thing I don't like is your Pokemon that journey with you have mixed IVs and you can't choose what you like to train up...
    Maybe they could put a setting on to allow or not allow points
    But I doubt it
    I don't really care actually I'd rather use pokewmon for my journey, when I think too much like if points ect it starts to become a chore and not fun...
    But that's my opinon
    I remember hearing an idea from someone on another forums where they thought the EV system should be changed so you get a certain number of points to put towards a certain stat, and you can allocate them however you like (kind of like how you can upgrade the Capture Styler in Ranger). IDK if that would work out, though.

These are some pretty neat ideas, but not what I meant by "revolutionary". I'm thinking there's going to be some fundamental change in gameplay mechanics, like how 3rd gen introduced abilities and natures. The "stronger your bond, stronger your Pokemon become" thing could be it, i think.
    I'm pretty sure that was some dumb stuff putt there for the younger audience and ,if it wasn't i hope they won't use the "Conquest" method *shivers* "Oh,god no.
    They will never change the leveling system, just tweak. Unless you are playing Pokémon Conquest. Pokémon Conquest: "Your charizard can't go up another level *ahem*, I mean freindsip level, It isn't a perfect link!"
    So, i don't really see anything major to battling happening but breeding is something else, this will teach kids of all ages that, you shouldn't make babies with your father or mother or you siblings. Why did gamefreak not remove inbreeding? And why can't we receive more than one egg at a time?
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

I'd like a bit darker story for this one. A feeling, that the Pokémon world actually is in danger somehow. Like in Hoenn, but better. Not just silly dudes screwing up their plan and releasing two super destructive legendaries and then you just ask a big dragon bro to shut them up.
    Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was some dumb stuff putt there for the younger audience and ,if it wasn't i hope they won't use the "Conquest" method *shivers* "Oh,god no.
    No, that's not just PR stuff, they actually said (through Twitter IIRC), that the bond you form with your Pokemon will play a role in the gameplay.

Bonding seems like a great feature, also with Pokemon walking behind you. Its a feature that puts you in the game.
    --75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon
    up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)--

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Suitcune View Post
    Bonding seems like a great feature, also with Pokemon walking behind you. Its a feature that puts you in the game.
    Honestly, with the switch to 3D, Pokémon walking behind you is unlikely unless they put limitations on which Pokémon can follow you. I think they'll be a lot more conscious about keeping everything to scale, so we probably can't have a Dialga following you. Unless it destroys buildings in its path. That would be epic!
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

They haven't shown Pokemon being able to follow you, though. The only way it could happen at this point is if you could turn that feature off.

I'm hoping for an improvement in the stats display window. Its way too hard to judge the color identifiers that correlate to a specific nature. They either need to intensify the red and blue or just put a +/- next to them.

Honestly, with the switch to 3D, Pokémon walking behind you is unlikely unless they put limitations on which Pokémon can follow you. I think they'll be a lot more conscious about keeping everything to scale, so we probably can't have a Dialga following you. Unless it destroys buildings in its path. That would be epic!
    That does make sense. It always helps to believe, and look at the technology we have today!
    --75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon
    up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)--

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by jagersti View Post
    I'm hoping for an improvement in the stats display window. Its way too hard to judge the color identifiers that correlate to a specific nature. They either need to intensify the red and blue or just put a +/- next to them.
    The red is fine, it's the blue that's hard to see. I think they need to go for a darker shade of blue so it stands out more.

The red is fine, it's the blue that's hard to see. I think they need to go for a darker shade of blue so it stands out more.
    Completely agree. The blue highlight is much more difficult to see, but I think both would benefit from being more intense in color. The red color also kinda bothers me, I usualy think of something red highlighted as being bad, or negative, but the opposite is true in game. That's also why I suggesed symblols.

If they have Pokemon follow you they'll keep it to a height limit probably, but I doubt they are going to have that implemented again. I am curious to how Pokemon will look in the OW, its concluded we're going to have trainers with various hight difference, so a scale is obviously there.

Like in Black(2)/White(2), when you fight the main legendary its a spire, but everything is scaled accordingly, so when you go to battle a stand-alone Pokemon like Lugia, Palkia etc. how is it gonna look.
    #BuyUltraviolance

That does make sense. It always helps to believe, and look at the technology we have today!
    Doesn't make sense???
    I don't understand where your sense is coming from, but its pretty clear through trailers and what not, that they
    Sizing pokemon to scale, meaning unless for whatever reason they decide to defy the scaling system just to see the return of pokemon following you, then I'm afraid were not going to be able to see this feature this time around.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I'd love the pokemon following you feature again, even if they are scaled down to fit. It just makes it more personal

As long as the pokedex models are more detailed than the ones in the pokedex 3D app, then I'll be happy.

And I would massively love each evolution line having a unique move or two!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Page 103 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast