Page 109 of 526 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    they have done it before they had the pokathalon
    granted the graphics weren't as good but they were limited by technology and it was still a difficult task
    and to be a great game maker you have to challenge yourself
    i think they could pull it off more than easy enough
    If you honestly think that 493 sprites is anything compared to 700+ 3D models that's very funny.
    Believe it or not there is such a thing as a dumb challenge. Making of 700+ 3D over world models just to make an aesthetic effect that's a dumb challenge. Making a long satisfying, challenging game with a great story with inventive game play mechanics, that's my friend is a challenge I would rather they take.

Quote Originally Posted by Coller23 View Post
    If you honestly think that 493 sprites is anything compared to 700+ 3D models that's very funny.
    Believe it or not there is such a thing as a dumb challenge. Making of 700+ 3D over world models just to make an aesthetic effect that's a dumb challenge. Making a long satisfying, challenging game with a great story with inventive game play mechanics, that's my friend is a challenge I would rather they take.
    ok well they have been working on X and Y since before black and white 2 were released
    you don't think they have big plans for it?
    i love the whole amazing gameplay
    but i also love my companion walking with me
    which is why i play SS so much
    i think they have huge things planned for this and have the time to incorporate aesthetic pleasures into it such as your pokes following you

ok well they have been working on X and Y since before black and white 2 were released
    you don't think they have big plans for it?
    i love the whole amazing gameplay
    but i also love my companion walking with me
    which is why i play SS so much
    i think they have huge things planned for this and have the time to incorporate aesthetic pleasures into it such as your pokes following you
    There's a difference between having the time and knowing the limitations of the 3DS. Considering that this will be their first release on the 3DS, they may not even include features such as walking on the basis that they're inexperienced with the 3DS kit. Which sounds quite tedious when you consider that they'll need to program individual actions such as walking/running/talking for more than 700 Pokemon...that takes up a lot of data.

Additionally, if you look at the trailer, the graphics for the overworld are quite "pixel-ish" and they're likely working towards cleaning up the graphics. That only shows their inexperience to me (consider DPPt had subpar graphics on their first time with the DS kit). It will only get better as they release more gens on the 3DS. In fact, I would rather GameFreak flesh out the story and gameplay mechanics. Once they have mastered that engine, THEN they can focus on the interesting features such as walking with Pokemon that will keep the gameplay fresh and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    There's a difference between having the time and knowing the limitations of the 3DS. Considering that this will be their first release on the 3DS, they may not even include features such as walking on the basis that they're inexperienced with the 3DS kit. Which sounds quite tedious when you consider that they'll need to program individual actions such as walking/running/talking for more than 700 Pokemon...that takes up a lot of data.

Additionally, if you look at the trailer, the graphics for the overworld are quite "pixel-ish" and they're likely working towards cleaning up the graphics. That only shows their inexperience to me (consider DPPt had subpar graphics on their first time with the DS kit). It will only get better as they release more gens on the 3DS. In fact, I would rather GameFreak flesh out the story and gameplay mechanics. Once they have mastered that engine, THEN they can focus on the interesting features such as walking with Pokemon that will keep the gameplay fresh and interesting.
    well yeah
    i am not exactly expecting it in X and Y
    but in Z or the possible RSEmakes i am expecting it
    and the 3DS has no limitations :3
    don't hurt me

well yeah
    i am not exactly expecting it in X and Y
    but in Z or the possible RSEmakes i am expecting it
    and the 3DS has no limitations :3
    don't hurt me
    3DS I would think wouldn't have limitations since it'll be awesome to see a 3D world...but it ultimately comes down to a developer(s)' skill. It'd be awesome to play something comparable to POkemon Colosseum/XD on the 3DS...Hopefully X and Y reach that kind of power

3DS I would think wouldn't have limitations since it'll be awesome to see a 3D world...but it ultimately comes down to a developer(s)' skill. It'd be awesome to play something comparable to POkemon Colosseum/XD on the 3DS...Hopefully X and Y reach that kind of power
    well the new mystery dungeon has some sexy amazing animation
    i think if not now they could pull it off in a couple years

well the new mystery dungeon has some sexy amazing animation
    i think if not now they could pull it off in a couple years
    Yeah, I agree. If not this gen, I would think by 7th gen they would unleash the full potential of graphics on the 3DS.

Yeah, I agree. If not this gen, I would think by 7th gen they would unleash the full potential of graphics on the 3DS.
    honestly if they did make RSEmakes i think they could master it this gen
    i mean in case you haven't noticed GF has done a SERIOUS overhaul on their graphics display like compair BW to the new mystery dungeon

You also need to keep in mind the cost/payoff ratio. Programmers get paid for work. As do the graphics designers. Making 700+ extra models takes a lot of time and in effect it costs Gamefreak money to make them. So they'd have to take into account if it would pay off doing that instead of something else.

Kyogre vs Groudon vs Rayquaza will look so awesome in the remake with 3DS full capacity @¬@

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

I seriously hope 7th gen isn't another 5th gen (stuck on a dying console because of poor timing in regards to new handheld release dates), that's pretty much the last thing the series needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I seriously hope 7th gen isn't another 5th gen (stuck on a dying console because of poor timing in regards to new handheld release dates), that's pretty much the last thing the series needs.
    I think the 3DS will last a while (at least 2 gens). I can't see Nintendo pumping out new consoles now that they'll be focused on Wii U and 3DS softwares.

honestly if they did make RSEmakes i think they could master it this gen
    i mean in case you haven't noticed GF has done a SERIOUS overhaul on their graphics display like compair BW to the new mystery dungeon
    Yeah I just saw an LP of the new Mystery Dungeon...I gotta say, something that caught my eye was the fact that walking wasn't limited to 4 directions. It'll be quite cool if they could do the same for X and Y. And man...graphically, it's quite pleasing. Now I gotta get myself a 3DS haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    You also need to keep in mind the cost/payoff ratio. Programmers get paid for work. As do the graphics designers. Making 700+ extra models takes a lot of time and in effect it costs Gamefreak money to make them. So they'd have to take into account if it would pay off doing that instead of something else.
    this is true but this is also i huge franchise
    i think they're capable

I think the 3DS will last a while (at least 2 gens). I can't see Nintendo pumping out new consoles now that they'll be focused on Wii U and 3DS softwares.
    Well then Game Freak needs to start making Pokemon generations longer than 4 years, because they're getting nowhere having filler generations, especially one as rushed as 5th gen.

Well then Game Freak needs to start making Pokemon generations longer than 4 years, because they're getting nowhere having filler generations, especially one as rushed as 5th gen.
    i don't think it is rushed i think they are just getting better at what they do
    i mean gen V was one of the best gens IMO
    it had a fantastic story line and great graphics and greatly improved online play

Just curious, were there any gens that you thought were fillers aside from Gen V? I've gotta say that Gen V was slightly underplanned. I mean you would think that after Nintendo gave the dev kit to GF that it would force them to delay BW so that it'd on the 3DS (similar to what happened in GS).

i don't think it is rushed i think they are just getting better at what they do
    i mean gen V was one of the best gens IMO
    it had a fantastic story line and great graphics and greatly improved online play
    BW1 and BW2 are pretty poorly designed, though. They both have bad regional design, bad level pacing, pathetic gym leader and Elite 4 rosters, and bad distribution (especially BW2).

They both work, I guess, but they don't really do much more than that, and they could've used a lot more thought put into them (especially in BW2's case).

Just curious, were there any gens that you thought were fillers aside from Gen V?
    Nope, I don't really have much of a problem with the way the other gens were handled.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    i think this may or may not have been spoken about before but i wouldnt mind seeing them bring back the walking pokemon feature with maybe a little more control over how it works such being able to manually select which character you want to follow you around without having to put it in the first place in your team and maybe the option to have about 3 pokemon out at once if at all possible.
    As in having your Pokemon follow you?

I can't believe this is my number one hope for X and Y, but it is. I really want your Pokemon to be able to follow you like that again. I just loved that. It was cute, and it made me actually get a little more attached to those little pixels that you brutally force to battle. xD I think that having the option to have more Pokemon follow you would be good, and having the option to be able to not have one following you would be better. So many people hated that the Pokemon followed you that they should get what they want out of it too.

Anyways, Pokemon following you around... It really is my number one hope for X and Y... I can't decide if that's pathetic or not... xD

I have to agree, since BW1/2 revolved around story...the player character was extremely limited as to what they could do/where they could, it's basically as if the game put you on a leash and directed you to the places you were to go to.

Unova, while an interesting region, you can't deny that it's linear. The shape of the region itself pretty much gave away what direction you're supposed to go after Castelia City. I miss old regions like Hoenn, and Sinnoh where region design was unpredictable, had lots of turns/obstacles, and you couldn't know where to go to unless you paid close attention to the dialogue.

I have to agree, since BW1/2 revolved around story...the player character was extremely limited as to what they could do/where they could, it's basically as if the game put you on a leash and directed you to the places you were to go to.

Unova, while an interesting region, you can't deny that it's linear. The shape of the region itself pretty much gave away what direction you're supposed to go after Castelia City. I miss old regions like Hoenn, and Sinnoh where region design was unpredictable, had lots of turns/obstacles, and you couldn't know where to go to unless you paid close attention to the dialogue.
    that is true
    but i still liked the story
    maybe we will have a less linear but amazing plot you know?
    like johto and unova combined

that is true
    but i still liked the story
    maybe we will have a less linear but amazing plot you know?
    like johto and unova combined
    Johto's not much better when it comes to linearity, aside from that split when you get to Ecruteak City, you don't really have much choice for how to progress through the region there, either (you do, however, have some leeway as far as what order you complete the gyms in).

True, BW had an amazing storyline, but the design aspects of the region are slightly more important. I'd love to see a game that does both well, though.

The only leeway that Johto gave you is that you could get your 7th badge, go to Lake of Rage and clear the Rocket base in Mahogany Townright right after defeating Morty. The Level design was atrocious though...you pretty much had to grind to do that.

Johto's not much better when it comes to linearity, aside from that split when you get to Ecruteak City, you don't really have much choice for how to progress through the region there, either (you do, however, have some leeway as far as what order you complete the gyms in).

True, BW had an amazing storyline, but the design aspects of the region are slightly more important. I'd love to see a game that does both well, though.
    ok i guess i said that wrong more like kanto and unova
    i really loved that
    and idk i really liked everything about BW1/2 except for said linearity

The only leeway that Johto gave you is that you could get your 7th badge, go to Lake of Rage and clear the Rocket base in Mahogany Townright right after defeating Morty. The Level design was atrocious though...you pretty much had to grind to do that.
    I know, that's what I said. You can choose what order to do the Cianwood, Olivine, and Mahogany gyms in, but that's about it.

Hopefully X and Y doesn't do that...I want something comparable to Hoenn or Sinnoh.

Page 109 of 526 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast