Page 11 of 526 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Hey can you guys give me some feedback on my theory?
    Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out (presuming, of course, that there WILL be a Gen VI, which is likely looking at Pokemon's ongoing success). What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous. And then there's a villainous team who is the first criminal organization in Pokemon history to utilize Pokemon in a bad way, their purpose being to discover the proper utilization of Pokemon to bring out their full potential since no one really knows how to do that yet. And Pokemon gyms and the Pokemon League is a new thing that is being tested (or it may not even exist yet, meaning there's room for new ideas). As for transferring Pokemon from previous generations to Gen VI, there could be a time machine whose purpose is to help the inventor study what Pokemon would be like in the future to help develop the methods of using Pokemon that would be utilized in generations yet to come (so meaning Generations I-V). Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" (clear that they ditched the idea by the time B2W2 came out). Well, Gen VI could literally be a new start. Aside from ancient history involving legendaries, Pokemon history has still been unclear so Gen VI games could be the tool to clear up any confusions, and plus it is a cool idea (at least in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out (presuming, of course, that there WILL be a Gen VI, which is likely looking at Pokemon's ongoing success). What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous.
    Since they showed us a trailer for Gen VI, pretty sure we'll have it . But I don't think it will take place in the past because Oak would have incorporated these pokemon into the pokedex if it were in the past. It' be hard to upgrade to a pokedex that doesn't exist yet
    Last edited by AK Adam; 9th January 2013 at 3:11 AM. Reason: Typo

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

I like the way it sticks with moving in 4 directions, since it just feels like pokemon's way and for me would be one of the things were it wouldn't feel right without.
    I hope they bring the running shoes button back on the touch screen or if the roller blades replace them then a roller blades button.
    It seems pretty much everything UI related is going to be shifted to the touch screen by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Adam View Post
    Since they showed us a trailer for Gen VI, pretty sure we'll have it . But I don't think it will take place in the past because Oak would have incorporated these pokemon into the pokedex if it were in the past. It' be hard to upgrade to a pokedex that doesn't exist yet
    Sorry I posted this on another forum two days ago but since no one was replying to it I instead posted here so pardon the parts that seem ignorant of current events. But remember that there were non-Generation I Pokemon that were stated to have been discovered several years in the past that weren't incorporated into the Pokedex in previous generations that were supposed to have taken place before chronologically. The clearest example is the lack of Hoenn Pokemon in the original GSC games. I know that the real world reason is obvious in that those Pokemon weren't designed when previous games came out but the reason for the Pokemon universe is that, clearly, inter-regional communication is poor. Sentret is as common as a squirrel in Johto and yet citizens in Kanto, even the professor, was completely unaware of its existence (and in the remakes, they say that more Pokemon was "discovered" although I'm pretty sure a Pokemon as common as Sentret would have been seen way before Oak did). It's probably the same reason in Generation VI, given, of course, that my speculation is actually correct.

Eh, but maybe I'm just playing too much Dragon Quest :P (the last games in each trilogies are always prequels)

I hope this Gen used the dream world too!!

I'm actually a bit disappointed that they seem to have replaced the Bicycle with Roller Skates. The Roller Skates have less potential for mobility like with the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. I can't imagine the player character being able to skate up cliffs or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm actually a bit disappointed that they seem to have replaced the Bicycle with Roller Skates. The Roller Skates have less potential for mobility like with the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. I can't imagine the player character being able to skate up cliffs or something.
    How do you know for sure they replaced it. We might have all 3. Im pretty sure they are undecided on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out (presuming, of course, that there WILL be a Gen VI, which is likely looking at Pokemon's ongoing success). What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous. And then there's a villainous team who is the first criminal organization in Pokemon history to utilize Pokemon in a bad way, their purpose being to discover the proper utilization of Pokemon to bring out their full potential since no one really knows how to do that yet. And Pokemon gyms and the Pokemon League is a new thing that is being tested (or it may not even exist yet, meaning there's room for new ideas). As for transferring Pokemon from previous generations to Gen VI, there could be a time machine whose purpose is to help the inventor study what Pokemon would be like in the future to help develop the methods of using Pokemon that would be utilized in generations yet to come (so meaning Generations I-V). Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" (clear that they ditched the idea by the time B2W2 came out). Well, Gen VI could literally be a new start. Aside from ancient history involving legendaries, Pokemon history has still been unclear so Gen VI games could be the tool to clear up any confusions, and plus it is a cool idea (at least in my opinion).
    This is an interesting idea (especially with the time capsule thing)...but the time capsule connect first gen games with silver and gold so im not sure.
    -I dont know why, but your post started to make me think about (if we do go back to the past of how were before they evolve into what we see now...) the pokedex counting up negatives: -2,-1,0,1,2 etc
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Maybe it didn't replace the bike. It might as well have just replaced the running shoes. How come your character needed special shoes to be able to run anyway? Were they more comfy or what? Roller blades would make more sense in that regard.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I don't what it is but the battle scenes I want to marry them and they are just so captivating and i don't even know what emotion i am feeling towards it is just so AgH!!!!! I don't even know how to describe how I feel! JUST AGH!!!!

~

The Cel-shaded Pokemon look amazing! I don't mind the extra slowness in the battles, the sprites eventually get bland and stale after awhile so this is amazingly refreshing.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Well it's not like Pokemon is really grounded in reality. Besides which, the Mach Bike and Acro bike haven't been used in a decade.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

the new sprite looks a bit wierd IMO. But I am very keen to see how good the 3D graphics for this game are. I think it's good nintendo are releasing a game on the 3DS, and obviously it's a great money maker as most die hard fans who don't have one already will need to buy one to play the game. I was surprised
    B/W 2 wasn't made for 3DS
    Friend Code: 2750-1403-6302
    Espurr, Abra and Xatu
    Please PM me if you add me

LF:
    I am looking for 4/5 IV
    Froakie or Frogadier, Protean, Timid
    Anything else you want to offer.
    FT:
    I have tonnes of 3/4/5 IV
    Torchic, Speed Boost, Jolly
    Bulbasaur, Chloropyll or Overgrow, Timid
    Honedge, No Guard, Brave

PM if interest

Pokedex: COMPLETE

<3 Flygon, Lucario, Greninja <3

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Maybe it didn't replace the bike. It might as well have just replaced the running shoes. How come your character needed special shoes to be able to run anyway? Were they more comfy or what? Roller blades would make more sense in that regard.
    Running shoes are definitely in, the character is shown running in that forest before he encounters a wild Pikachu. It's possible that they didn't, but I don't see the point in that. They're both used to increase the character's speed, so unless the Roller Skates bring something unique to the table, it'd be redundant to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well it's not like Pokemon is really grounded in reality. Besides which, the Mach Bike and Acro bike haven't been used in a decade.
    They were there in spirit in DPPt with the different gears.

That's a fair point, but the games have to follow some sort of logic, and a bicycle seems more realistic for that purpose since bikes are better suited for mountainous terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

But rollerskates are more portable, especially if they are the kind that collapse into your shoes.

Or... it might go

Ability to run (slight speed up), Roller skates (speed up), Bike (great speed up)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Not to worry, there's always a solution and for this it shall/should/might/imcrazy : Rocket Shoes

Edit : Btw how many of you are betting the issue with ridiculous trades/asking trades for GTS will probably remain the same? I have a bit of hope that this issue will be gone but....well I've been wrong before :U
    Last edited by TophatMiguel; 9th January 2013 at 6:39 AM.

Lol speaking of skating up cliffs...I wonder if the ledges will be back

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Lol speaking of skating up cliffs...I wonder if the ledges will be back

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways
    At least and HM to climb them hopefully could be like surf and be a good move
    Steel is the type of science

PLEASE I hope they allow us to customize our characters. That's all I ask for.
    Last edited by GoggleBoy; 9th January 2013 at 7:39 AM.

I wonder if we will finally get to "see" our Pokemon whenever we use Surf. It sucked that we were constantly on a Wailmer even when you never had one.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Guys do you think there is a HM to swing on ropes like we saw in the trailer. That would be amazing !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    At least and HM to climb them hopefully could be like surf and be a good move
    We don't need a HM to climb ledges, cliffs are a different story...if they return we'll just get back Rock Climb and then it probably be a regular TM like Gen V

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Guys do you think there is a HM to swing on ropes like we saw in the trailer. That would be amazing !!!
    Doubt that, Its more likely its a 'step right here and you automatically jump onto the vine and swing across'...notice the PC steps on he green circles on the floor and then land on them on the other side
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

I want them to bring back the vs seeker mobile phone feature from previous games, it was soo kl to be phoned up while travelling around and then head off to meet that trainer for a battle in game. I also think they could extend the xtransceiver feature to be an online tool, imagine how cool it would be to be able to see that your friend is online and see what they are up to on the game, being able to call them on the xtransceiver while roaming around on single player in diff locations, this would be immense. Other features I would like to see a return of are contests (which I much prefer to musicals), a safari zone type area, the ability to be interviewed and view your interviews on tv, pokeblock (which would work alongside competitions again, the return of secret bases and the ability to store your friends to battle with in your secret base when they visit it, this was one of my fav features of previous games, and just generally more post game content, a second region that becomes unlocked after completion would be extremely welcome!

I kinda wanna c 2-3 new types introduced in this gen to really shake things up a bit BUT I dont really know what other types they could create at this point?!

I'd like that if it's really the case that they will have genetics in the plot, that there was a professor just like Fennel that would be researching genes and that created a machine that by analyzing the pokemons DNA could tells several things, for instance if a wurmple will evolve into a cascoon or a silcoon. I think that mechanics might have a lot of potential.

Page 11 of 526 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast