Page 110 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I have to agree, since BW1/2 revolved around story...the player character was extremely limited as to what they could do/where they could, it's basically as if the game put you on a leash and directed you to the places you were to go to.

Unova, while an interesting region, you can't deny that it's linear. The shape of the region itself pretty much gave away what direction you're supposed to go after Castelia City. I miss old regions like Hoenn, and Sinnoh where region design was unpredictable, had lots of turns/obstacles, and you couldn't know where to go to unless you paid close attention to the dialogue.
    Yes! Right when I looked at the map of Unova I thought it looked like a straight line. The graphics were good, but it was just a line. In Hoenn and Sinnoh there were a lot more places to explore than in Unova. The dialogue in Unova didn't seem as worth reading through to me because of that. In Unova you just kept going along the trainer routes in the right order and it was just no big deal whether or not you had read the dialogue, but in Hoenn and Sinnoh there were so many turns that were useless to you until later in the games.

I would love a combination of both. Some linear, some twist. I just don't want any frivolous running about. It's okay if it has purpose to the story, but too much will get annoying, you know? Something steady and challenging, but also surprising and adventurous would do me just fine.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    So... why are people still complaining about it being on the 3DS?

By the time the games are out, the system will have been out for 2 and a half years, which incidentally is about the same amount of time that the DS was out before Diamond and Pearl were released. People weren't complaining about those not being on the GBA (as far as I remember).

I know the 3DS looks similar to the DS, but it is a new console...

I agree I have been playing the pokemon games on a 3ds since the 3ds came out. I was upset that black 2 was not a 3D game. Being mad that the new pokemon game is 3ds only would be like people complaining about nintendo making the new super mario brothers wiiU for the wii U only.

Yes, the DS is NOT just a DS in 3D, and the Wii U is NOT just an expansion of the Wii. Nintendo needs to be more careful with their console names.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Yes, the DS is NOT just a DS in 3D, and the Wii U is NOT just an expansion of the Wii. Nintendo needs to be more careful with their console names.
    yeah people always say that
    i have used a DSi XL for a long time and when i bought the 3DS XL i almost crapped my pants
    that thing is a whole new console just with backwards compatibility

and i think they can take completely new heights with that wonderful machine
    and knowing GF they will not disappoint

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

After playing through Emerald again recently, I've decided that the Trick Master (or something similar) should appear in XY. Level grinding for gyms, extra puzzles, and whatnot, were all a nice bonus. Perhaps more than were in RSE, and then with a weekly / bi-weekly / monthly download of a new puzzle after the main game?

Also, since this game is in 3D, do you think we'll still be seeing grid-based movement? Or will it be fully 3D movement? I know it looked pretty linear in the trailers, but could that not just be the case of whoever just holding the same direction?
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    After playing through Emerald again recently, I've decided that the Trick Master (or something similar) should appear in XY. Level grinding for gyms, extra puzzles, and whatnot, were all a nice bonus. Perhaps more than were in RSE, and then with a weekly / bi-weekly / monthly download of a new puzzle after the main game?

Also, since this game is in 3D, do you think we'll still be seeing grid-based movement? Or will it be fully 3D movement? I know it looked pretty linear in the trailers, but could that not just be the case of whoever just holding the same direction?
    in the forest in the trailer, they didn't seem to be moving in a grid
    i think the movement is going to be more natural

Ask me stupid stuff

I hope the Pokemon X/Y will not be as linear as Final Fantasy 13. Even if it is 3d and has marvelous graphics, a straight path is not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I hope the Pokemon X/Y will not be as linear as Final Fantasy 13. Even if it is 3d and has marvelous graphics, a straight path is not fun at all.
    You gotta remember that the basic plot of pokemon game are pretty linear. Get a new pokemon, beat each gym leader, defeat the evil team head, and challenge the elite four. As long as the gym leader order won't be messed up, i won't mind if they mix up a bit.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

I think he meant basically the Region itself. Unova has mostly straight paths, and such.

I hope for a larger Region overall<3
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    You gotta remember that the basic plot of pokemon game are pretty linear. Get a new pokemon, beat each gym leader, defeat the evil team head, and challenge the elite four. As long as the gym leader order won't be messed up, i won't mind if they mix up a bit.
    The core gameplay of Pokemon has remained pretty similar through out it's existence. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    Well of course it's linear in that respect. Arguably, Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon if it didn't start out with you getting your Starter and ending in the Elite Four, with you defeating eight gyms and an evil organisation on the way. That's just the formula of Pokemon games and I don't much good would come of GF messing around with it.

Sorry about that, I worded that wrong. I think I'll try to explain with my brother who had platinum version years ago. He ain't one to grind, and I think platnum was a game that can let you challenge some of the gym leaders in different orders. What happened was he challenge one gym ahead of pokemon gyms that he wasn't suppose to face, since they were higher then the other gym he could have faced. He actually just gave up because how he thought the order was messed up.
    What I hope for X and Y is there can be a time where you can challenge like 2 gyms in any order, but instead of one being preset to being tougher and the other weaker by appearance, which gym you chosen will be set to a level, while the other gym you didn't choose will become the tougher gym, so there won't be any flaws in the pattern of toughness each gym after the next is suppose to get. This is my opinion, of course, but i think this would allow us to have a different path of collecting badges then some other players.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

No, Platinum didn't let you face the gym leaders in different orders.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 4th March 2013 at 8:20 PM.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

I know this is a little insignificant detail but I hope they ask you to instead "Choose A gender" rather than asking "Are you a boy or a girl?" Because there is no reason you should have to play as your actual gender. I sometimes like to play as the boy character(Especially in my White 2, since IMO Nate is the best looking boy protagonist). Granted there is nothing saying you have to but they pretty much insinuate that you should. Heck even the games instruction booklets says "it is recommended that you choose a character with the same gender as yours."

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    No, Platinum didn't let you face the gym leaders in different orders.
    Yes you could. You could choose what order you fought Fantina, Maylene, and Crasher Wake, but you had to fight all three before moving on to Celestic Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yes you could. You could choose what order you fought Fantina, Maylene, and Crasher Wake, but you had to fight all three before moving on to Celestic Town.
    I don't remember that. Oh well...
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Make the Pokemon catching tutorial an option, why the camel humps do I need to know this? Yes it's decent for newer fans but it's quite easy to learn without needing someone to teach it.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Make the Pokemon catching tutorial an option, why the camel humps do I need to know this? Yes it's decent for newer fans but it's quite easy to learn without needing someone to teach it.
    Yeah I hate the tutorials
    Please make then optional GF

Ask me stupid stuff

They could so what HG/SS did and ask you if you've ever played Pokemon before and if you choose "No" than you would get a tutorial.

Yea, it was good in the Johto games because you had the option to accept or decline. I do wonder why they dropped it, anyways, I'm agreeing with you, I don't want to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea, it was good in the Johto games because you had the option to accept or decline. I do wonder why they dropped it, anyways, I'm agreeing with you, I don't want to see it again.
    I don't think you can decline the catching tutorial at least not in HG/SS. The Character of the gender you did not choose would still take you in the grass and try and catch something then give you your Pokeballs. And I'm not even sure there was one in G/S/C.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I don't think you can decline the catching tutorial at least not in HG/SS. The Character of the gender you did not choose would still take you in the grass and try and catch something then give you your Pokeballs. And I'm not even sure there was one in G/S/C.
    In G/S/C you have the option of seeing it, there was a guy who asks you right after you leave New Bark Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    In G/S/C you have the option of seeing it, there was a guy who asks you right after you leave New Bark Town.
    Really? I don't remember that. Maybe because I haven't played G/S/C in years . :P

If they had it way back then I don't see why they would make in mandatory now. But oh well

Hopefully, considering that it's almost that time of month again(Coro Coro), we'll might get some information revealed. Hopefully, including if we can('t) customize our characters appearance.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

Page 110 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast