Page 111 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    Hopefully, considering that it's almost that time of month again(Coro Coro), we'll might get some information revealed. Hopefully, including if we can('t) customize our characters appearance.
    We've still got another week on that. We'll probably be seeing a lot more rumors and fake scans in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    We've still got another week on that. We'll probably be seeing a lot more rumors and fake scans in the meantime.
    Well, i know it's going to be in a week. But that's close...sort of. But either way, I'm not excited for those fakemon/fake rumors, and I don't know why people would do a thing. I mean, all it does it confuse us for a little while, but we'll spot what is fake and what is real.
    But I remember hearing somewhere that we're getting more information then what Coro Coro gave last month. I hope it won't be just another pokemon with no confirmed type this time.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Well, i know it's going to be in a week. But that's close...sort of. But either way, I'm not excited for those fakemon/fake rumors, and I don't know why people would do a thing. I mean, all it does it confuse us for a little while, but we'll spot what is fake and what is real.
    But I remember hearing somewhere that we're getting more information then what Coro Coro gave last month. I hope it won't be just another pokemon with no confirmed type this time.
    They do it for fun, and to keep us entertained. And I believe it was told that Sylveon/Ninfia will have more imformation revealed. Add that in, Xerneas/Yvetal type/ability reveals, one or two new Pokemon, screenshots, the Prof and Rival, along with Player art and other bits of info=Bam! Perfect CoroCoro!

On topic: I'm hoping that the new abilities this gen will have more effect and spread compared to the mass 'DW' Near exclusives/exclusives of BWBW2.

I wonder if the DW will be making a return for X/Y...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tf916 View Post
    I wonder if the DW will be making a return for X/Y...
    I hope not. At least the process in obtaining Dream World poke's would be much more simple than last gen's.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    I hope not. At least the process in obtaining Dream World poke's would be much more simple than last gen's.
    I thought the Dream World was pretty fun, but trying to find certain Pokémon annoyed me. (20,000+ Dream Points and I still cant find Dratini in the Sparkling Sea! Although I found a DW Dragonite in a Hidden Grotto) Hidden grottoes should be the method of finding H.A. Pokémon if the Dream World doesn't return, but I doubt it won't. The Global Link and Game Sync were great ways to get Wi-Fi Pokémon and Mystery Gifts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I thought the Dream World was pretty fun, but trying to find certain Pokémon annoyed me. (20,000+ Dream Points and I still cant find Dratini in the Sparkling Sea! Although I found a DW Dragonite in a Hidden Grotto) Hidden grottoes should be the method of finding H.A. Pokémon if the Dream World doesn't return, but I doubt it won't. The Global Link and Game Sync were great ways to get Wi-Fi Pokémon and Mystery Gifts, too.
    It was quite a big step for GF, other than the GTS. The reason I didn't like the DW was due to the fact that finding specific pokemon was too much of a challenge, as it was irritating. Likewise on your case.

But I personally thought that the minigames were dull and boring, and I couldn't stand being dragged around the tutorial every time I logged in. I wasn't a big fan of DW, but getting a certain pokemon you wanted with it's own DW ability was worth it, despite the tedious process of transferring the pokemon and all that extra "Decor" and home customization.

If we were to have DW again, I'd at least like it to be accessed while you're playing the game. Or at least when the cartridge as in, that you can check up on your pokemon and other misc. options anytime.

Above all else, if DW were DLC for X/Y, that'd be best for fans who liked it or despised it. I'm on the fence.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 4th March 2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Was on the fence with it too, i wished things on it were a bit easier to do ie finding a certain pokemon..
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle
    But I personally thought that the minigames were dull and boring, and I couldn't stand being dragged around the tutorial every time I logged in. I wasn't a big fan of DW, but getting a certain pokemon you wanted with it's own DW ability was worth it, despite the tedious process of transferring the pokemon and all that extra "Decor" and home customization.
    I second this. I realize that I am older than the Dream World's intended demographic, but honestly it was literally painful playing the same minigames over and over again to earn enough dream world points to even find a prankster Sableye. I really hope that X and Y continue to expand on the online features and the global link, but perhaps shying away from BW's method of obtaining hidden abilities. Hidden grottos were pretty nifty in B/W2 and I hope they make a return, but dream world? I'll pass...

As a side note, I've only played through Unova twice - in White, and then again White 2 - mostly because I don't want to lose my global link progress. It would be nice if Game Freak would give us the option of starting over and at least re-linking the game to our original account, rather than forcing us to make a whole new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZapCannon View Post
    I second this. I realize that I am older than the Dream World's intended demographic, but honestly it was literally painful playing the same minigames over and over again to earn enough dream world points to even find a prankster Sableye. I really hope that X and Y continue to expand on the online features and the global link, but perhaps shying away from BW's method of obtaining hidden abilities. Hidden grottos were pretty nifty in B/W2 and I hope they make a return, but dream world? I'll pass...

As a side note, I've only played through Unova twice - in White, and then again White 2 - mostly because I don't want to lose my global link progress. It would be nice if Game Freak would give us the option of starting over and at least re-linking the game to our original account, rather than forcing us to make a whole new one.
    If the Dream World were to return, I think they will allow us to use the same account. They did that for B2W2.

But if you are talking about using the same home and Dream Island for both games, then yeah they should have let us join versions on the same Dream Island. I was devastated when my berries could not be used to purchase another rocket ship house for my White 2 and I had to start all over again with berry growing.

I personally think Berry groing should be in-game and not online because I can't always check on their progress when they're only reachable if I use a non-mobile device (flipped tables when my iPod's jailbreak didn't include Flash and I still had to use a laptop for DW).
    D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss are still fun imo because of that feature. No matter how tiresome it was to fly around the regions, I was still able to get my berries more conveniently.

They could just expand a Pokemon's amount of natural abilities to 3 or 4 slots, that way when they make a new ability that would fit a Pokemon with 2 options already they would not need to make some exclusive way to obtain that ability.

Just make the Dream World ability the rarest one.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    They could just expand a Pokemon's amount of natural abilities to 3 or 4 slots, that way when they make a new ability that would fit a Pokemon with 2 options already they would not need to make some exclusive way to obtain that ability.

Just make the Dream World ability the rarest one.
    We don't need more abilities. If anything, give pokemon that lack 2 normal abilities, an extra one.
    But as for a pokemon with 2 normal abilities AND a DW ability, they don't need a 4th...
    This is just my opinion.
    DW abilities were just introduced this generation, and up to date, there are still some unreleased DW abilities that still need to be unleashed. Secondly, I think Gamefreaks focus on improving the pokemon themselves should be else where, and not the abilities especially since by adding the DW abilities, they've given A LOT of pokemon some niche usage, and thus I think they've done there job as far as abilities go.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Oh my Arceus, a second hidden ability would just mess up the breeding mechanics even more(as they never get out all the annoyances the first two games around) and breeding is a big thing with me as I find no pride in hacking. It's already bad enough that a Ditto with its hidden ability can't unlock a breeding partner's. And knowing my luck they won't have it fixed and the hidden ability you're going to want with the ones you can actually breed into will be at a 40% or worse. If they do anything with hidden abilities and any new abilities introduced into X & Y, I hope for all our sakes they just replace some for the pokemon that need it and give us an item or allow Ditto to do as said so we will have a better opportunity for the abilities we want. I can see why they haven't already, but I still wish for either of these two things or something of the like.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

it would be kind of cool though that if you bred two pokemon with different abilities and you get a new ability that you can get with that species combo
    sounds complex but it would be cool and fun for breeders like muah

I hope not. I wasn't expecting much last month, but I was still severely disappointed that all we got was Sylveon's name and design, that's not really enough to keep the excitement up. I'm hoping this month will be more like what I expected last month, a couple of screenshots, about 2-4 new Pokemon, and at least something else (a region map, some new characters, new mechanics, something). I don't like how tight lipped they've been getting with XY so far, they did the same thing with BW2, and it was annoying. We literally new next to nothing about the game until about 2 or 3 months before it came out.

I hate both the Dream World and Hidden Grottoes, they both have incredibly low payouts, and they're pretty much designed to **** you over and waste your time. Sadly, I have much more luck getting DWfs in the Trade Forum than through any method that exists in the games, as long as you have at least one DWf that would be worth trading for to someone over there, you can eventually get anything you want. And I'm not particularly fond of Global Link events either, they're not really worth being made timed events, and some of them have pretty ridiculous restrictions on them.

If the Dream World were to return, I think they will allow us to use the same account. They did that for B2W2.

But if you are talking about using the same home and Dream Island for both games, then yeah they should have let us join versions on the same Dream Island. I was devastated when my berries could not be used to purchase another rocket ship house for my White 2 and I had to start all over again with berry growing.
    Agreed, the DW is useless and time consuming as is, having to get everything all over again in BW2 is pure hell.

I personally think Berry groing should be in-game and not online because I can't always check on their progress when they're only reachable if I use a non-mobile device (flipped tables when my iPod's jailbreak didn't include Flash and I still had to use a laptop for DW).
    D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss are still fun imo because of that feature. No matter how tiresome it was to fly around the regions, I was still able to get my berries more conveniently.
    Yeah, it's too inconvenient having to check on berries through the DW because you can only go there once a day. The only benefit to berries being accessible on the DW is that you can get them all more easily by rooting through people's Share Shelves, that's how I was able to get the event berries without participating in those Global Link tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I hope not. I wasn't expecting much last month, but I was still severely disappointed that all we got was Sylveon's name and design, that's not really enough to keep the excitement up. I'm hoping this month will be more like what I expected last month, a couple of screenshots, about 2-4 new Pokemon, and at least something else (a region map, some new characters, new mechanics, something). I don't like how tight lipped they've been getting with XY so far, they did the same thing with BW2, and it was annoying. We literally new next to nothing about the game until about 2 or 3 months before it came out.
    Yea, that was TOO suspenseful. I'm all about suspense, but they gotta do it RIGHT. Hopefully, they'll at least give some new info regarding mechanics. I don't mind if they don't reveal any new pokemon, but maybe a new character/rival, or possibly official artwork of the main characters, regarding if they aren't customizable.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

Although very unlikely, co-op mode (separate from single player) would be very interesting to see.
    Pokemon Black [FC]-1205 8498 6055
    I'm back !

I wonder if we'll get those special Pokemon poses in these games. They had them in Stadium 1, Stadium 2 and Battle Revolution. Each Pokemon had their own and it was cute/cool depending on the Pokemon. I really hope we do, I really loved Flareon's. It shaked its butt. xD

So cute. xD

Yeah, I agree on hoping to get more revealed this month. I am hoping for Sylveon's type, and perhaps some more pokemon.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    it would be kind of cool though that if you bred two pokemon with different abilities and you get a new ability that you can get with that species combo
    Sounds like the breeding mechanisms from the old Dragon Warrior games. Don't see that happening next gen if ever, I'm sure this 'bonding' system may be implemented in some way with breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Sounds like the breeding mechanisms from the old Dragon Warrior games. Don't see that happening next gen if ever, I'm sure this 'bonding' system may be implemented in some way with breeding.
    I wouldn't be too sure about breeding, but heck, they did have made changes with the breeding mechanics during the years. But all we can tell for sure is this new bonding mechanic might be some combination between IV's and happiness, from what I can make out.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

Or have a way to change your Pokemon's ability to another one of their abilities like in Pokemon Conquest. Or maybe Gen 6 will introduce duo abilities(Two abilities at once)? That would be nice.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Or have a way to change your Pokemon's ability to another one of their abilities like in Pokemon Conquest. Or maybe Gen 6 will introduce duo abilities(Two abilities at once)? That would be nice.
    or when you get to a certain level you can switch to a different ability :3

wouldn't make much sense for a lot of combinations, like the ability levitate. give a dugtrio the right ancestors and it would fly?
    Last edited by carnevore; 6th March 2013 at 5:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnevore View Post
    wouldn't make much sense for a lot of combinations, like the ability levitate. give a dugtrio the right ancestors and it would fly?
    well, dugtrio does know aerial ace...

Page 111 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast