Page 113 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    In regards to those features, I think (if possible), they should make it so the Pokemon you transfer mark you as their new OT, since it's really annoying in regards to nicknames. Once you transfer your Pokemon, if you think of a nickname for it later or want to change it later, you can't. Or (and this is probably a simpler solutions), just change how the Name Rater works, because that "no changing names of Pokemon that aren't yours" rule is really irritating.
    This is such a great point, you should definitely be able to change the nicknames. I absolutely hated that when I transferred Pokemon from Gens 3 and 4 to 5, and their names are in all CAPS and it doesn't match the others. I know it's just an aesthetic thing, but it drives me crazy.
    Last edited by SoulOfSilver; 8th March 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:
    Omega Ruby Team:

Friend Code: 0259-1695-4473 (Scott)
    Friend Safari: Steel - Ferroseed, Klang, Excadrill
    X Pokedex: 718/718 - Completed 2/17/14 (Need an Arceus. PM me with offers!)
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by SoulOfSilver View Post
    This is such a great point, you should definitely be able to change the nicknames. I absolutely hated that when I transferred Pokemon from Gens 3 and 4 to 5, and they're names are in all CAPS and it doesn't match the others. I know it's just an aesthetic thing, but it drives me crazy.
    YES! I agree 100,000%. Probably the most annoying thing in the game for me hahaha. (And I thought it was just me)

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Has anyone wondered about the trade system? I would like to be able to gift Pokemon, especially if I decide to put all of my X Pokemon on my Z (or X 2) when it comes out without catching 600 lvl 3 Pokemon. Also, I would like to be able to trade, say, a Chimchar for a leaf stone or other item.

Further, I would like to know what I get in trades and in general catching. I want to see the IV's. Based on the genetics theme, this could be presented as a Pokemon's genes. They could even do a thing where, upon catching a Pokemon, you can see its specie's base stats. Maybe even, if about 80% of the steps are stepped, you can check an egg's gender.

Lastly, I want to see a Pokemon's EV's, if possible. The EV's and IV's could require a ton of steps to pass, as genetic tests take a long time.
    I only take legit Pokémon, no nicknames.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Modern Vivillon, looking for Meadow & River.

Seeking RNG 6 IV non-English Ditto.

I have all Pokémon and can breed them.
    1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Visit my trade shop! I deal in IV bred Pokémon and shinies, with plans for Pokémon in matching balls and Mega Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulOfSilver View Post
    This is such a great point, you should definitely be able to change the nicknames. I absolutely hated that when I transferred Pokemon from Gens 3 and 4 to 5, and their names are in all CAPS and it doesn't match the others. I know it's just an aesthetic thing, but it drives me crazy.
    I would disagree. I like the Nicknames not being changeable. It gives every pokemon the "feel" that it belonged to someone else.
    I don't see anything wrong with them not being changeable. Plus I could see this being irritating with one's own pokemon, and if that's the case, then why not just make sure u named ur pokemon the right thing.. I mean c'mon, it is just a name.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I would disagree. I like the Nicknames not being changeable. It gives every pokemon the "feel" that it belonged to someone else.
    I don't see anything wrong with them not being changeable. Plus I could see this being irritating with one's own pokemon, and if that's the case, then why not just make sure u named ur pokemon the right thing.. I mean c'mon, it is just a name.
    agreed
    also it helps me tell the difference between my original charizard and my newer ones

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I think if you're transferring them from a different generation (e.g. gen IV to gen V) via poketransfer, you should be able to rename, if only for the whole CAPS name issue. Otherwise I agree that it's nice for the original nickname to be kept.

OR if you built up enough happiness with the pokemon you'd be able to rename it? It makes some sense

November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    I think if you're transferring them from a different generation (e.g. gen IV to gen V) via poketransfer, you should be able to rename, if only for the whole CAPS name issue. Otherwise I agree that it's nice for the original nickname to be kept.

OR if you built up enough happiness with the pokemon you'd be able to rename it? It makes some sense
    that could work
    it would be an interesting thing to be added in XD

Ask me stupid stuff

Or better yet, wynaut have the OT be able to decide if that said pokemon is capable of being renamed.

I.E. I trade my Jigglypuff that I named Ruffntuff. I as the OT can choose wether or not somebody else can rename my Jigglypuff.

That way for trainers trading between there own games, they'd be able to pick otherwise.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

.....until you got a Pokemon off the GTS that has a really stupid nickname.

Seriously, I do NOT want a Deoxys nicknamed NeedAShiny.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I like this idea. That makes sense in the context that nicknames reflect a trainer's feelings for that Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    .....until you got a Pokemon off the GTS that has a really stupid nickname.

Seriously, I do NOT want a Deoxys nicknamed NeedAShiny.
    Well that makes sense, but even then, I wouldn't trust a Deoxys from GTS in the first place.
    In fact I wouldn't trust any pokemon from GTS..
    Also I always breed my pokemon to perfection, so I guess my say in (as far as nicknames go) is a bit out-of-say.

I like this idea. That makes sense in the context that nicknames reflect a trainer's feelings for that Pokemon.
    I like that idea too.

Well that makes sense, but even then, I wouldn't trust a Deoxys from GTS in the first place.
    In fact I wouldn't trust any pokemon from GTS.
    That was just an example (but the Deoxys is real, last year I saw a Deoxys with that name being offered on the GTS)

Eh, you got the point anyway, it sucks if someone gave you a Pokemon with bad nickname.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I like that idea too.

That was just an example (but the Deoxys is real, last year I saw a Deoxys with that name being offered on the GTS)

Eh, you got the point anyway, it sucks if someone gave you a Pokemon with bad nickname.
    i once got a charizard over GTS...it's nickname was very....inappropriate

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i once got a charizard over GTS...it's nickname was very....inappropriate
    And this is another reason why the GTS could use a report feature.

yeah it should get one
    i was so mad
    it was a great charizard too
    but i got rid of it because of the name

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yeah it should get one
    i was so mad
    it was a great charizard too
    but i got rid of it because of the name
    That sucks, man.

Anyway, here's what else I think they need to do to improve the GTS:

-Ban impossible trades. You know, the Lv. 9 and under Zekrom stuff.
    -Clear completed trades from the results list. This gets really annoying when it's taking up a slot on the results list. Speaking of:
    -Increase the number of results you can view. There's too few to choose from, and most of them end up being ridiculous. Sadly, right now the only way you can change the results is by changing what you're searching for.
    -Allow the ability to view a Pokemon's Summary page before trading. This would allow you to check for smaller details about the Pokemon that you might be looking for, such as abilities, natures, stats, etc. More importantly, this would also allow you to pick out hacks more easily, which combined with the Report feature I described above, can be used to alert Nintendo/Game Freak to these hacks so they can be removed and the offenders penalized.

That sucks, man.

Anyway, here's what else I think they need to do to improve the GTS:

-Ban impossible trades. You know, the Lv. 9 and under Zekrom stuff.
    -Clear completed trades from the results list. This gets really annoying when it's taking up a slot on the results list. Speaking of:
    -Increase the number of results you can view. There's too few to choose from, and most of them end up being ridiculous. Sadly, right now the only way you can change the results is by changing what you're searching for.
    -Allow the ability to view a Pokemon's Summary page before trading. This would allow you to check for smaller details about the Pokemon that you might be looking for, such as abilities, natures, stats, etc. More importantly, this would also allow you to pick out hacks more easily, which combined with the Report feature I described above, can be used to alert Nintendo/Game Freak to these hacks so they can be removed and the offenders penalized.
    i hate it when the GTS is cluttered with requests for level 9 legends
    it is just so annoying
    i think making the trades view able by a list would be fantastic

Ask me stupid stuff

not just report feature, but also these things

- no more level 9 and under legendary requests, all legendary requests must be at least "level 30 or higher", and maybe also make it so that you can request a legendary only if you also offer a legendary.

- let us look for Pokemon that are not listed in our Dex, but to "balance" it, give a limitation to it. For example, at the beginning of the game we can look only for stuffs that can be found in the beginning of other games, like Taillow or Sentret (which are early route Pokemon in R/S/E and G/S/C respectively). But as we advance, we get more options, and after we finished the E4, we can look for various legendaries.

- put more filters, like searching based on shiny-ness, searching based on hold item, and searching based on request.

- enable us to just look for random Pokemon, either completely random, based on country, based on level, and any other filters. It's annoying when I just want any Pokemon from a certain country, but I don't know what Pokemon is being offered from that country. No one has the time to look through 600+ (and soon 700+) Pokemon.

- either give us more searching result, or let us shuffle/refresh the result to get a new result.

- fix that bug where traded offer stays on the result list, it's annoying when we click on a trade that we can do, only to see "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else".
    Why the hell they are still listed on the result list if they have been traded away, it doesn't make any sense.
    In fact, even the existence of the "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else" dialogue doesn't make any sense at all, because it means they know the bug is there, they just don't bother to fix it, which is stupid.

- let us view summary of the Pokemon on the GTS, which would make it easier to identify hacks, which then can be reported, so that it can be removed.

EDIT : ......basically, what Bolt said in his above post XD

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

In regards to the NameRater, if they have the nickname flag set then we should be unable to change the name, but if the Pokemon was not given a nickname even if we are not the OT then we should be able to change it.

So if we get a Pikachu named Sparky off the GTS we can not change that, but if we transferred up a Pikachu named PIKACHU from HGSS then we can change it because it never had a Nickname in the first place.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Wasn't the lvl 9 and lower legendary thing used for cloning? That's what I last recall. But yea, since it IS illegal to do that, making logical requirements would be idea for GTS.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

How do people feel about a new attack that gives a magic coat/protect-like effect and stat boost when a certain attack type is used against your Pokemon? Like a move based on abilities like storm drain, lightningrod, justified, sap sipper etc. Maybe for the starters to protect against their other starter elemental weaknesses? But it fails if used in succession. I just think last gen each starter got a new move, it would be nice to have it again in gen 6.

Like mud sport/water sport but.....more effective :P

Also, do you think they will continue to push for triple and rotation battles? Or will the new graphics make that harder...I think another gym battle with double battles might be cool.

November 2014

Regarding moves....I would like to see some old moves gets improvement. Mainly the underpowered legendary signature moves.

- Luster Purge & Mist Ball should have more power (at least 95) or better effect (say, make both reduce SAtk/SDef at 80% or even 100% chance)
    - Magma Storm should have 100 accuracy, and maybe slightly more power. The trapping effect rarely matters anyway.
    - Techno Blast should have at least 100 base power, and more PP.
    - Glaciate should have 80 or 85 base power. It doesn't make any sense that a legendary's signature move is only 10 points more powerful than Icy Wind.

then, give Focus Blast more accuracy.....at least 85-90. I'm not sure what other old moves needs improvement, though XD

As for new moves I would like to see....an 80-90 base power 100 accuracy physical Dark and Ghost move, as well as a Fire priority move and an Electric priority move
    A physical Fire move that Torkoal can learn would be good too, since Torkoal's Attack is the same as its SAtk, but currently it has no physical Fire move at all. I'm honestly surprised it didn't get Heat Crash, since it does gets Body Slam, which is also a "body-dropping" move.

Also, give each Eeveelution a signature STAB move than no other Pokemon can learn.

I think that is one of only two ways to salvage Flareon - by giving it a unique (and powerful) Fire move. Maybe something like a 120 base power 100 accuracy physical Fire move whose damage is reduced by the foe's Special Defense instead of Defense, and raises the user's Attack & Speed upon usage.
    The second way is to give Flareon more moves, such as Revenge (and while I'm on it, give Umbreon Revenge as well) and Outrage, or maybe make it the only Fire-Type capable of learning a new stat-up move that increases Attack, Defense, and SDef.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I would love to see each Eeveelution get a signature stab since Flareon needs something...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Sorry if someone's said this, but we need a faster way to trade/transfer. There's going to be over 700 pokemon. One at a time would be ridiculous. Trading six at once would be abolutely amazing. Sad we couldn't trade 3 like I thought we were going to be able to in gen V.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Also, give each Eeveelution a signature STAB move than no other Pokemon can learn.
    I'm loving your ideas. I think they should do it. Since Eeveelutions are popular, it would seem right to do it for them. And yea, Flareon does need something to go up to par with the others. It needs to defend itself as the Eeveelution with the most Attack.

Page 113 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast