Page 114 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tf916 View Post
    I would love to see each Eeveelution get a signature stab since Flareon needs something...
    I can totally expect this:

Flareon
    Gets signature attack that will finally boost its usability
    uses Special Attack stat
    Trollfreak keep on Trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Regarding moves....I would like to see some old moves gets improvement. Mainly the underpowered legendary signature moves.

- Luster Purge & Mist Ball should have more power (at least 95) or better effect (say, make both reduce SAtk/SDef at 80% or even 100% chance)
    - Magma Storm should have 100 accuracy, and maybe slightly more power. The trapping effect rarely matters anyway.
    - Techno Blast should have at least 100 base power, and more PP.
    - Glaciate should have 80 or 85 base power. It doesn't make any sense that a legendary's signature move is only 10 points more powerful than Icy Wind.

then, give Focus Blast more accuracy.....at least 85-90. I'm not sure what other old moves needs improvement, though XD

As for new moves I would like to see....an 80-90 base power 100 accuracy physical Dark and Ghost move, as well as a Fire priority move and an Electric priority move
    A physical Fire move that Torkoal can learn would be good too, since Torkoal's Attack is the same as its SAtk, but currently it has no physical Fire move at all. I'm honestly surprised it didn't get Heat Crash, since it does gets Body Slam, which is also a "body-dropping" move.

Also, give each Eeveelution a signature STAB move than no other Pokemon can learn.

I think that is one of only two ways to salvage Flareon - by giving it a unique (and powerful) Fire move. Maybe something like a 120 base power 100 accuracy physical Fire move whose damage is reduced by the foe's Special Defense instead of Defense, and raises the user's Attack & Speed upon usage.
    The second way is to give Flareon more moves, such as Revenge (and while I'm on it, give Umbreon Revenge as well) and Outrage, or maybe make it the only Fire-Type capable of learning a new stat-up move that increases Attack, Defense, and SDef.

Focus blast does not need more accuracy.
    Fighting type moves have sooo much power and longevity as it is, fighting type moves don't need to b specially powerful too. and besides most pokemon that can abuse Focus Blast have a stronger more accrurate move as it is. On top of that, NOBODY in there right mind uses Focus Blast as a main forme of offense; they use it more so for type coverage and seeing as that's the case it doesn't need more accuracy.
    Especially with moves like Aura Sphere having not only power, but 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
    If anything, increase Aura Sphere's distribution.

And on a last note, id be alright with the eeveelutions having signature moves. I mean they are the epitome of there respective type, and on top of that back in the original days of gold and silver, Espeon and Umbreon did have there respective signature moves, Moonlight and Morning Sun, which was only shared by a few other pokemon; So I see wynaut give the eeveelutions some niche usage...especially flareon.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I don't know, I just don't think they will increase Aura Sphere's distribution, it is implied that not all Pokemon have aura ability.

Maybe they'll make a new special Fighting move with 80 base power and 90 accuracy that can be used by those who also learns Focus Blast?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Focus blast does not need more accuracy.
    Fighting type moves have sooo much power and longevity as it is, fighting type moves don't need to b specially powerful too. and besides most pokemon that can abuse Focus Blast have a stronger more accrurate move as it is. On top of that, NOBODY in there right mind uses Focus Blast as a main forme of offense; they use it more so for type coverage and seeing as that's the case it doesn't need more accuracy.
    Especially with moves like Aura Sphere having not only power, but 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
    If anything, increase Aura Sphere's distribution.
    I'd rather see Focus Blasts accuracy increase because for countless pokemon, Focus Blast is their main way of dealing with the omnipresent Steel type. The only way to avoid that horrid accuracy is by using Hidden Power [Fighting] which has only 58%(ish) the power of Focus Blast and is much harder to acquire in-game. It is also distributed to most pokemon that would make good use of it, except the odd pokemon like Espeon.

As for Aura Sphere, I'd prefer for it to maintain its rarity. Mostly because it was intended as a signature move for Lucario, and signature moves for non-legendary pokemon tend to have their distributions limited to 2-10 or so evolutionary lines like Blaze Kick or Leaf Blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Or maybe the reason why Flareon doesn't have a good physical STAB is because it's intended to take advantage of its other stat, the sp defense like Magcargo being suggested to be a wall.

Oh and while we're at it, Steelix and Iron Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Or maybe the reason why Flareon doesn't have a good physical STAB is because it's intended to take advantage of its other stat, the sp defense like Magcargo being suggested to be a wall.
    It doesn't have anything that helps it to do so, though.

Magcargo at least learns Iron Defense, Acid Armor, and Harden. Flareon can't learn Amnesia or Cosmic Power, it can't even learn Calm Mind.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post

Oh and while we're at it, Steelix and Iron Defense.
    the only thing he has to help him take advantage of that is wish.
    and even that doesn't really help that much
    he would be better off learning recover

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Can we expect a new HM to be introduce in gen 6? Since Generation 5 didn't have a new one..
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Can we expect a new HM to be introduce in gen 6? Since Generation 5 didn't have a new one..
    HM's should be fixed... It is so annoying to learn your pokemon a useless move in battle, that you can't even delete. Maybe change them to some kind of skill for your pokemon, and keep the usefull ones in battle like surf as TM's or move tutor.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

That's a nice idea, that totally slipped my mind.

Yea Hms should be comepletely done away with and instead become like some outside of battle ability e.g. All pokemon previously able to learn fly by hm can still learn it but can use it outside of battle regardless if it knows it or not. Just select the pokemon then 'fly' or 'surf'. I dont know what but i hope this changes.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I hope they do, but not make it a new Flash or Defog. Maybe something that breaks ice, and it allows you to Ice Fish.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Well how about HM's stay the same
    But
    You can choose to use them like you would a medical item whenever you want, and if you have a comparable pokemon your able...
    But you can also teach the move to your Pokemon like before...

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Just make every current HM a TM like dig. Able to be forgotten, but usable outside of battle
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Just make every current HM a TM like dig. Able to be forgotten, but usable outside of battle
    Won't happen, because of "forgetting surf while surfing"

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Also the purpose of HMs is to prevent you from going to areas which you can only access once you reach a certain point in the game, and it would be a little awkward to struccture if they bacame some sort of an Ability. I suppose gym badges could "enable" the Pokemon to use the HM moves outside of battle but it seems a little unnecessary, especially seeing as there isn't much wrong with the system in the first place.

Unless something else was being implied. I'n not entirely sure what's being suggested tbh.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Won't happen, because of "forgetting surf while surfing"
    A message could easily pop up that says "there's a time and a place for everything and it's not now." And if your brain and my brain can figure out what areas a person could be trapped in by deleting an HM-turned-TM, then so can the game's. It is 2013 after all.
    Last edited by metalbryce; 9th March 2013 at 8:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

That would be kinda of funny "Forgetting surf while Surfing"
    X/Y Debuts a game over screen..

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Also the purpose of HMs is to prevent you from going to areas which you can only access once you reach a certain point in the game.
    In BW you didnt need badges for HMs you could trade over a Pokemon with any HM and use it after the first gym

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    In BW you didnt need badges for HMs you could trade over a Pokemon with any HM and use it after the first gym
    That's only because the need for HM's wasn't as prominent in BW and BW2 as in the other games. The fact that HM's are still given to the player at wherever they're given in the game still shows that players should only be able to go to certain areas once a certain point in the game has been reached.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Also the purpose of HMs is to prevent you from going to areas which you can only access once you reach a certain point in the game, and it would be a little awkward to struccture if they bacame some sort of an Ability. I suppose gym badges could "enable" the Pokemon to use the HM moves outside of battle but it seems a little unnecessary, especially seeing as there isn't much wrong with the system in the first place.

Unless something else was being implied. I'n not entirely sure what's being suggested tbh.
    It is annoying for a stupid move like cut to take up a move slot. Why not keep HM's, but if you learn them to your pokemon, they aren't a move but more like a skill that doesn't take up a move slot? It could be the same that you can only use them when you beat a certain gym.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

And I also think that they should have the Dream World feature because it was pretty cool.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    It is annoying for a stupid move like cut to take up a move slot. Why not keep HM's, but if you learn them to your pokemon, they aren't a move but more like a skill that doesn't take up a move slot? It could be the same that you can only use them when you beat a certain gym.
    yes please!
    feraligatr with cut is such a waste D:

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    And I also think that they should have the Dream World feature because it was pretty cool.
    I think they pretty much have to keep this feature now otherwise you have to keep playing an older game whic seems a bit pointless

if they some how manage to get rid of the dream world I wouldnt be surprised if you can just catch them in the wild and the abilities are no longer 'Hidden'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    That. Would. Be... Perfect!
    Cut is so annoying to have, my Vileplume has evidence:

Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder
    Cut...
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Page 114 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast